Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 145.
#6551 5 years ago

Joe sends his invoices out when I tell him that his games will be up on the line within a week or two. That way he can get in touch with his customers, confirm what they want on the game before we start it. Then they have time to send him the balance & then he can send it on to me. Me I wait till the game is being built lol. I have that ability lol.

#6552 5 years ago

#250 is feeling oh so close!

#6553 5 years ago

Got the email! #225 is on the line and done in the next week or so!

#6554 5 years ago

Just got word, game is on the line #230

#6555 5 years ago

Only 117 away!!! I should be getting my call any month now. haha

#6556 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Only 117 away!!! I should be getting my call any month now. haha

156 away!!! I can almost see the flashing lights!!! SO HYPE!

#6557 5 years ago

Can't wait to welcome you all to the future. The game is a rush.

#6558 5 years ago

Oh man..getting so close. I’m 256. Time to start making some room. Oh yeah...probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to send spooky my shaker motor, knocker, and mirror blades too.

#6559 5 years ago

236 paid in full. I thought the waiting was hard before

#6560 5 years ago

Power ball stock landed tonight. Power package with side rails will be added Saturday for those of you that want lit side rails. These ceramic pinballs are beautiful and built to modern tolerances.
Hookedonpinball.com
On more special mod will be available close to expo time.

54058374-0921-4C91-926B-0C725705DB2B (resized).jpeg54058374-0921-4C91-926B-0C725705DB2B (resized).jpeg

Added over 6 years ago:

Combo kits now listed here in my Pinside shop and on my web site.
Thanks for the support as always.

#6561 5 years ago

Spooky shipped my TNA via R&L, and it didn't make it to the destination terminal on time. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, it happens - but it turns out next week is just really bad for me for a delivery. So I called R&L to try to get ahead of it and schedule delivery to give me the most options, and they told me they handed it off to a partner carrier. This is the first time R&L has done this on one of my shipments. I'm in the DC area - local terminal is Baltimore. The partner hasn't called, and I have no way of reaching them so now I'm just waiting. I've used R&L maybe 10 prior times and they delivered themselves. Anyone else have this experience in the greater DC area?

#6562 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Spooky shipped my TNA via R&L, and it didn't make it to the destination terminal on time. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, it happens - but it turns out next week is just really bad for me for a delivery. So I called R&L to try to get ahead of it and schedule delivery to give me the most options, and they told me they handed it off to a partner carrier. This is the first time R&L has done this on one of my shipments. I'm in the DC area - local terminal is Baltimore. The partner hasn't called, and I have no way of reaching them so now I'm just waiting. I've used R&L maybe 10 prior times and they delivered themselves. Anyone else have this experience in the greater DC area?

Man that really sucks! but I bet you are hyped to get your game.

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

They do that in NC also. My last RL delivery - the delivery guys were in a smaller truck but it all went well and the tracker never changed form in route.
RL seems to be slipping in my area. I used them for years but now their rate are sky high and they have deemed my road "non accessible" after years of deliveries. All the other big boys get in here without issue. Subletting deliveries seems to be a cost cutting move to me.

#6564 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

They do that in NC also. My last RL delivery - the delivery guys were in a smaller truck but it all went well and the tracker never changed form in route.
RL seems to be slipping in my area. I used them for years but now their rate are sky high and they have deemed my road "non accessible" after years of deliveries. All the other big boys get in here without issue. Subletting deliveries seems to be a cost cutting move to me.

I’ll see how it goes, but the loss of visibility is annoying for sure. If the company they sub’d it to thinks they can just show up like UPS etc that isn’t going to work. At this point I can’t be home until Thursday.

#6565 5 years ago

Come on #250! I feel like I’m close

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’ll see how it goes, but the loss of visibility is annoying for sure. If the company they sub’d it to thinks they can just show up like UPS etc that isn’t going to work. At this point I can’t be home until Thursday.

Well, my prediction came true. The company R&L subbed to for the "last mile" delivery showed up at my house without calling or scheduling delivery. I'm at work, and my 95 lb 4'8" wife was left to inspect and move the machine onto our property. The delivery guy first refused to help, but then agreed to at least get it behind our fence. I've now canceled a bunch of meetings so I can get home and move inside before it rains. Needless to say I'm not happy, and I'm sure everyone at both R&L and the other company could care less.

#6567 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Well, my prediction came true. The company R&L subbed to for the "last mile" delivery showed up at my house without calling or scheduling delivery. I'm at work, and my 95 lb 4'8" wife was left to inspect and move the machine onto our property. The delivery guy first refused to help, but then agreed to at least get it behind our fence. I've now canceled a bunch of meetings so I can get home and move inside before it rains. Needless to say I'm not happy, and I'm sure everyone at both R&L and the other company could care less.

That really does suck, but FWIW, I think you have until Wednesday before you need to worry about rain.

#6568 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

My game came to MD via FedEx freight... which is interesting. Perhaps R&L was a tad cheaper (or had more reach) into your neck of the woods.

Maybe you can have the game shipped to a neighbors house or a local collector?

#6569 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Yikes... didn’t know there was more to this story.

Bummer. I can understand your frustration.

I had a rather unsatisfactory delivery experience too. FedEx scheduled delivery during a specified 6 hour window, never showed, then called at 5pm that night to tell me they never got the shipment on a delivery truck and had to reschedule. Not much you can do but roll with the punches.

#6570 5 years ago

I canceled my afternoon and came home. I’m glad I did. The back box width is 29” and the width of my door is 28.75”. I had to take the backbox off to get it inside, and as I was doing so there was thunder and lightning less than a mile away. I got it inside with 3 minutes to spare before a downpour.

I haven’t fully set it up yet. Hopefully I’ll forget all once I’ve played a few games.

#6571 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That really does suck, but FWIW, I think you have until Wednesday before you need to worry about rain.

Uh, not so much. See above :/

#6572 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Uh, not so much. See above :/

Wow! That's some bad luck. I work in Fairfax and barely saw a cloud all day. The forecast said 10% chance. Anyway, I'm glad it's inside, safe and sound.

#6573 5 years ago

Anyone know how wide it is in the box?

#6574 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I canceled my afternoon and came home. I’m glad I did. The back box width is 29” and the width of my door is 28.75”. I had to take the backbox off to get it inside, and as I was doing so there was thunder and lightning less than a mile away. I got it inside with 3 minutes to spare before a downpour.
I haven’t fully set it up yet. Hopefully I’ll forget all once I’ve played a few games.

The biggest door Into your house is 28.75”?

#6575 5 years ago

So TNA backbox is WIDER than normal Stern and Bally/Williams machines?

#6576 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So TNA backbox is WIDER than normal Stern and Bally/Williams machines?

Not really, it's the same as a WPC. Maybe slightly wider than Stern depending on the era.

#6577 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I've dealt with R&L twice and neither experience was very good.

They delivered an arcade to me back in 2014. It was very clear that a fork-lift operator ran their fork right through the box (instead of through the pallet the box was on) and they ended up causing quite a bit of damage to the game.

When I found out my TNA was coming with R&L I decided that I needed to be as proactive as possible. My machine was supposed to arrive at the local hub on a Wednesday and be delivered on Friday. I decided to drive out to the hub (about an hour away) on Thursday to get it earlier and remove another R&L person from the equation since they messed up my last delivery in 2014.

Needless to say, my 2018 R&L experience was just about as good as my 2014 experience. They decided to unbox my game so we could load it onto my SUV easier and they neglected to give me the box with the legs, balls, etc. I couldn't inspect the machine very well since it was still wrapped up still so I was beyond ticked when I got home after a two hour round trip to find the machine was dinged up from shipping after unwrapping it and the legs were missing.

KT and I had to call R&L four times before they found the legs. They kept claiming they weren't with the original shipment. They finally found them hours later when they were throwing the packing material away. Had we not called those four times, those legs would have ended up in the dumpster. It was bittersweet to have TNA sitting on my pinball cart for 24 hours before I could play it (they keys were in that leg box as well so I couldn't get the power cord out or balls installed).

But like you said, once you get a few games in, all of that goes away. Still, I won't be using R&L again.

#6578 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The biggest door Into your house is 28.75”?

The walk-out basement door, yes. Other doors would require going down stairs.

Quoted from herg:

Not really, it's the same as a WPC. Maybe slightly wider than Stern depending on the era.

It is ever so slightly wider. All my sterns and Chicago gaming pins made it through without issue.

#6579 5 years ago

My TNA measures at 28-3/4", as do my AMH, TZ, AFM (original), WW, and the Taxi that I'm borrowing, not that it really matters if your doorway is 28-3/4" as well since they still wouldn't fit. My two Stern games, Tron and IM, are 27-5/8". Does your TNA have a 1/4" of butter on it?

I'm a bit surprised that the CGC remakes would fit, but maybe they are slightly smaller than the rest. You don't mention the JJP games, which I believe are also 28-3/4", so I'm guessing they didn't fit.

My basement door is a 32" door, but it doesn't swing fully into the room. The thickness of the door blocks the opening, so games don't fit through my door easily, either. In my case, I can remove the door from the hinges easier than I can remove the head from games. If I had rain coming, however, I would head to the garage first.

#6581 5 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I've dealt with R&L twice and neither experience was very good.
They delivered an arcade to me back in 2014. It was very clear that a fork-lift operator ran their fork right through the box (instead of through the pallet the box was on) and they ended up causing quite a bit of damage to the game.
When I found out my TNA was coming with R&L I decided that I needed to be as proactive as possible. My machine was supposed to arrive at the local hub on a Wednesday and be delivered on Friday. I decided to drive out to the hub (about an hour away) on Thursday to get it earlier and remove another R&L person from the equation since they messed up my last delivery in 2014.
Needless to say, my 2018 R&L experience was just about as good as my 2014 experience. They decided to unbox my game so we could load it onto my SUV easier and they neglected to give me the box with the legs, balls, etc. I couldn't inspect the machine very well since it was still wrapped up still so I was beyond ticked when I got home after a two hour round trip to find the machine was dinged up from shipping after unwrapping it and the legs were missing.
KT and I had to call R&L four times before they found the legs. They kept claiming they weren't with the original shipment. They finally found them hours later when they were throwing the packing material away. Had we not called those four times, those legs would have ended up in the dumpster. It was bittersweet to have TNA sitting on my pinball cart for 24 hours before I could play it (they keys were in that leg box as well so I couldn't get the power cord out or balls installed).
But like you said, once you get a few games in, all of that goes away. Still, I won't be using R&L again.

Say again? They unboxed it for you without you being there? I dunno what I would have done in that situation.

#6582 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Say again? They unboxed it for you without you being there? I dunno what I would have done in that situation.

I would have told them to take it back.

#6583 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Looks like they unboxed it with the buyer so it could be loaded into his SUV. At that point, he could have inspected and accepted/rejected it. I didn't go back to read the entire post, but that's what I got from it.

#6584 5 years ago

If anyone on the wait list wants a loaded TnA now at a good price or trade (DI), PM me.

#6585 5 years ago

Just got word #250 going on the line by early next week! rejoice in the glory!

#6586 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just got word #250 going on the line by early next week! rejoice in the glory!

I am 253! Awesome

#6587 5 years ago

I just got an e-mail to confirm my build for #259, so hopefully that means mine is going on the line soon as well.

#6588 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I just got an e-mail to confirm my build for #259, so hopefully that means mine is going on the line soon as well.

Same for mine. At #256.

#6589 5 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Same for mine. At #256.

Yep. My wife just called and told me she received the email for 253! Can't wait

#6590 5 years ago

Getting really excited for #244. Hopefully only a week or two away, can't wait to play!

#6591 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Getting really excited for #244. Hopefully only a week or two away, can't wait to play!

Although I'm pretty sure my friends are even more excited than I am haha, they're asking me about it frequently now

#6592 5 years ago

I am excited for ALL of you!!!

#6593 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm 243!

Super excited as well. Think co op is going to to go over great with family and friends.

#6594 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm 243!
Super excited as well. Think co op is going to to go over great with family and friends.

Meanwhile I am patiently waiting as I am #355 here

#6595 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm 243!

#245 here!

#6596 5 years ago

Big shipment is hitting the road today, so I think a lot of you will be very happy very soon! I was told middle to end of next week for my games arrival. Very exciting!

#6597 5 years ago

Newbie question here: how does one place an order for this pin with Spooky Pinball? Are they still taking orders?

#6598 5 years ago

They're still taking orders! Just email KT at this address to get on the list:

[email protected]

#6599 5 years ago

Nr 221/222 and its being sent fromus to norway via austria as we speak! weeee

#6600 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Nr 221/222 and its being sent fromus to norway via austria as we speak! weeee

You bought two?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/132?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.