Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 145.
#6451 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

TNA is everything I was hoping Iron Maiden would be. Maiden is complete garbage thrown together with a license slapped on it and TNA is a work of GENIUS!

I can’t say anything bad about Maiden, I played it once and was fine. However I agree that Stern doesn’t really go above and beyond, I don’t look at any recent Stern pins and say that’s really beyond what I was expecting for the money.

Every time I want to buy a Stern be it Got, Gotg, SW, GB and so on I just can’t justify anymore. I do love TWD pro the code is fantastic but you can tell the money wasn’t spent on the hardware.

Stern sells fine ‘as is’ so they don’t need to go the extra mile. When I look at Woz, DI LE next to my Stern pins it’s clear JJP goes the extra mile and I think Spooky (at least from what I see if TNA) also goes the extra mile.

Stern makes some very good pins just don’t expect to be wowed by them and you’ll not be disappointed.

I just got the idea to buy another pin (TNA on order but wanted another pin to tide me over) so I was thinking Maiden or ST premium (owned the LE in the past) but just think Stern is skating by as evidenced by ST code update still didn’t address all the bugs. So I decided to give CGC a try with AFM. So in addition Stern is no longer the only game in town, JJP, Spooky and CGC plus others choices are great to have.

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

TNA is everything I was hoping Iron Maiden would be. Maiden is complete garbage thrown together with a license slapped on it and TNA is a work of GENIUS!

I disagree. IMDN is pretty well done, as is TNA, and the two aren't really comparable imo. TNA is more like an EM game with current enhancements, IMDN is something completely different.

I do agree that Stern has "phoned it in" these past few years, but that's what happens when you had a monopoly for over a decade. The recent influx of competition is going to force Stern to actually try.

#6453 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

TNA is more like an EM game with current enhancements,

You can't possibly be serious? If you said it was kinda like a Gottlieb on steroids, ok but an EM...no way. And I doubt I'm the only one who thinks your opinion is far fetched.
-Mike

#6454 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Hmmmmm, seems harsh, but what do I know?

Troll on!

#6455 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I would have thought Stern hater, yet, you own a Kiss LE? Can't we express our love for a game without having to talk crap about a different one?

#6456 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Definitely disagree with this. Kieth put a ton of work into Iron Maiden and it came out extremely well, I really like it. It's ok if you do not like it, but please, coming from someone who has made a machine, be respectful. These kind of trolly posts are not helping anything.
--Scott

#6457 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Definitely disagree with this. Kieth put a ton of work into Iron Maiden and it came out extremely well, I really like it. It's ok if you do not like it, but please, coming from someone who has made a machine, be respectful. These kind of trolly posts are not helping anything.
--Scott

Stern is putting service rails in the pro model something not seen in close to a decade. Hopefully Stern code will be better realized with quicker updates than in years past. It’s been 4-5 years for ST code to get some bug fixes which realistically should have been done years ago.

I think a lot of frustration at Stern, they don’t put full color changing LEDs in ST pro so that they can upcharge the premium, no spinners on Met pro, no walker bomb on TWD pro and so on.

Whereas your pin was not about what you could get away with, you put superior sound, color changing lights, etched side rails and so on into TNA because that was the best version of the game.

Met pro without spinner just to save $6 (no) just to push the premium version same with TWD pro lacking spinner or walker bomb button which is a minor cost to hardware.

Maiden didn’t remove spinners from the pro like some other Stern, so maybe that’s going to be helpful going forward with the pro models.

#6458 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Could you not compliment TNA without trashing another game? Iron Maiden is one of the best Sterns I have played. How anyone could think it’s horrible is beyond me. This post is complete garbage.

#6459 5 years ago

So just out of curiosity, if you place an order today for TNA when you would expect to receive it?

#6460 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

This is either Trolling or the dumbest thing I've ever read on Pinside.

#6461 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

So just out of curiosity, if you place an order today for TNA when you would expect to receive it?

From #'s that pinsiders have shown machines received and with AC in the background I would estimate 8 months. Order one now and keep us updated.
-Mike

#6462 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

From #'s that pinsiders have shown machines received and with AC in the background I would estimate 8 months. Order one now and keep us updated.
-Mike

approx 20 delivered per month? (and increasing steadily)

guessing they have sold around 450 now?

My prediction is 10 months if you order today, but just a guess.

#6463 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

guessing they have sold around 450 now?

That’s really impressive. My original guesstimate when I placed my (early) order was 420. When all’s said and done I think 6-800 might not be out of the question. Maybe 1000?

#6464 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

If you order butter cabinet that can push the time back or pull it forward (no way of telling).

What do y’all think about #343 timeframe guess?

#6465 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you order butter cabinet that can push the time back or pull it forward (no way of telling).
What do y’all think about #343 timeframe guess?

The guestimate I got for #344 was Late Fall/Winter, but it's hard to predict. As excited as I am, I've got lots going on for the next year, so I'll be happy if I get it before spring; any earlier than that is bonus.

#6466 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

The guestimate I got for #344 was Late Fall/Winter, but it's hard to predict. As excited as I am, I've got lots going on for the next year, so I'll be happy if I get it before spring; any earlier than that is bonus.

“Back in my day they didn’t have flippers.”

It says you were born in 1900 so you’re probably the oldest guy here, are you sure you’ll be around next year? J/k
64E6C354-1281-48C3-BCE1-F8C7525A2116 (resized).png64E6C354-1281-48C3-BCE1-F8C7525A2116 (resized).png

#6467 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It says you were born in 1900 so you’re probably the oldest guy here, are you sure you’ll be around next year? J/k

Maybe Pinside never got around to patching the Y2K bug?

#6468 5 years ago

I'm surprising myself by really liking the black trim. Looks great!

#6469 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern is putting service rails in the pro model something not seen in close to a decade. Hopefully Stern code will be better realized with quicker updates than in years past. It’s been 4-5 years for ST code to get some bug fixes which realistically should have been done years ago.
I think a lot of frustration at Stern, they don’t put full color changing LEDs in ST pro so that they can upcharge the premium, no spinners on Met pro, no walker bomb on TWD pro and so on.
Whereas your pin was not about what you could get away with, you put superior sound, color changing lights, etched side rails and so on into TNA because that was the best version of the game.
Met pro without spinner just to save $6 (no) just to push the premium version same with TWD pro lacking spinner or walker bomb button which is a minor cost to hardware.
Maiden didn’t remove spinners from the pro like some other Stern, so maybe that’s going to be helpful going forward with the pro models.

Stern has a very decided tiered system of game prices... you have to keep in mind, they offer the only full featured pinball machine on the market for under $5400. And while what you list is true, they have to offer upgrades to higher tiers, otherwise there's zero reason to spend more for the next model up. Unfortunately, pinball buyers are the ones that enable this. Apparently enough people like it to keep their system alive.

#6470 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

You are smoking DUST.

#6471 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Thx! Yep I was very interested to see it so I had to do it! I'm very happy

#6472 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You can't possibly be serious? If you said it was kinda like a Gottlieb on steroids, ok but an EM...no way. And I doubt I'm the only one who thinks your opinion is far fetched.
-Mike

Ok that’s fine. Gottlieb on steroids then. I love EMs and I love Gottleid. Pick one, it works for me!

#6473 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

me too , it looks real nice .

#6474 5 years ago

Trying to send some Meltdown mirrors to Benton but I can’t get into Pinball Life. Reset password never sends me an email. I’ve checked bulk and junk folders. Any ideas?

#6475 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Trying to send some Meltdown mirrors to Benton but I can’t get into Pinball Life. Reset password never sends me an email. I’ve checked bulk and junk folders. Any ideas?

Did you check your spam folder? Otherwise just call or email Terry. Phone number and email address are on the contact us page.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6476 5 years ago

If anyone wants to bail out on their spot in line message me. Seems that to get on the list now you won't get one until Spring 2019. That's a darn long time.

#6477 5 years ago

Even though I have mine I would totally wait again for another one. So worth it.

#6478 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Did you check your spam folder? Otherwise just call or email Terry. Phone number and email address are on the contact us page.

Emailed pinball life and they had my password reset in minutes. Thanks. Mirrors ordered!

#6479 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

You are wrong sir! How do I know? I have impeccible taste in pinball.

#6480 5 years ago

If anyone changed their mind on TNA and would like to transfer their place in line and get their deposit back please PM me. Also if your selling one in drivable distance of NY i'm interested. Thanks in advance.

#6481 5 years ago

This sure generated a lot of downvotes. I played Maiden at SFGE and despite liking the music, I thought it was easy and I’d loose interest so I was down on it. Then, last weekend, I was with some friends and an acquaintance of ours who plays the game daily, showed us what it takes to play it and Wow, it is amazing. The rule set is incredible.

Back to TNA - I pick up 209 at Spooky at the end of the month! Yeah!

Quoted from Chicoman:

#6482 5 years ago

209, nice! I’m 250......maybe I’ll be late August if I’m lucky!

#6483 5 years ago

Well it's a sad day in the Owlcade. TONIGHT we are having our last TNA stream at 7PM EDT. Help us say goodbye to an amazing game. - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

TNA-BYE (resized).jpgTNA-BYE (resized).jpg
#6484 5 years ago

why?

#6485 5 years ago

Perhaps somebody offered him the BIG money for it.

#6486 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

TONIGHT we are having our last TNA stream at 7PM

I enjoy watching your videos, two thumbs up!
-Mike

#6487 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Well it's a sad day in the Owlcade. TONIGHT we are having our last TNA stream at 7PM EDT. Help us say goodbye to an amazing game. - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

I have enjoyed your videos as well! It was great watching them while waiting for my game to arrive. Are you getting a new pin to stream?

#6488 5 years ago

I'm number 196, I ordered October 12th and my game is shipping either this week or next. Original estimate given to me at the time of order was delivery in Jan/Feb of 2018. So, from time of first payment to delivery, my machine has taken 9 months to be delivered. At ~#200, I'm past the initial rush and preorders that this machine had, but was still in pretty early. I don't know if their production has sped up or remained pretty consistent over the spring and now into summer.

Not bashing, not complaining, just stating facts so if anyone is thinking of getting in they can be conservative with their estimates of when they will get their game.

In other news, F#$K YEAH! So pumped for the game to get here!

#6489 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

It is going to a good home. Can’t wait.

#6490 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Back to TNA - I pick up 209 at Spooky at the end of the month! Yeah!

Interesting. I’m between 200-205 and I haven’t received the call for final payment yet.

#6491 5 years ago

If anyone is on the fence, I put my TNA add up in the marketplace today.

#6492 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If anyone is on the fence, I put my TNA add up in the marketplace today.

surprised as you've been posting a lot. Thought you were quite happy. Just wanted to change it up?

#6493 5 years ago

Just not clicking with me. It sure is pretty and sounds great. But something has to leave.

#6494 5 years ago

Would a $1000 profit click well with you?

#6495 5 years ago

Tell you what. I'll sell mine for the first 70 Benjamins that show up at the door. Fully loaded except butter and mirror blades, but improved Herg speaker lite diffuser installation. Not because it's not a great game, it is. But somebody else deserves to play it like I did.
Kinda might regret this because this is good one.

#6496 5 years ago

It's crazy to see people who were so enthusiastic about the game turn around and put them up for sale. I guess those complaining about the wait will have a chance to get one sooner, at least.

#6497 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not because it's not a great game, it is. But somebody else deserves to play it like I did.

Seems to be an odd reason to sell if you like the game. The game is going to be sold for awhile longer as sales appear to keep coming in. Plenty of time for folks to get in on one. Atleast I hope as I still wish to buy one.

You jumping back in line?

#6498 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

You jumping back in line?

I'm jumping up and down.

#6499 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

It's crazy to see people who were so enthusiastic about the game turn around and put them up for sale.

You have to understand those of us that were raised on location pinball are used to playing a game for a few months and then something else replaced it. And also learning not to fall in love with any of them because they be gone soon. It's only after a game has been gone for a while do you then decide if you miss it enough to get it again.

With mine, the only holdup is I know I have a very nice example, but my offer still stands as I've really been taking a break from any serious playing lately. Perhaps 50 years of this and I'm finally getting a little burned out, plain and simple.

#6500 5 years ago

TNA is at LCP! Wow, my friend Trey and I just took delivery and set up our TNA at Lyons Classic Pinball in CO. I have played the game at a few shows but it is a whole different beast to open this thing up in a quiet room and turn it up and really hear the sound system. The sup does not kick in until you plunge the ball which i did not notice at the shows. We have only had a few games on it so far but everything seems spot on right out of the box. Open to the public on Thursday.Thanks Spooky, we'll let you know how it goes. Can't wait for Alice Cooper now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/130?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.