Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 145.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The reality is that the pinheck board is what Spooky has been using and from my experience with buying Proc boards and from what I know about pinheck board, one is far more expensive.

There is a lot more electronics involved in what Scott is doing that the heck board can support, so it is not just a one for one replacement. In addition, for a production run the board cost is going to be lower than retail given the economies of scale.

I seriously, seriously doubt Scott would even consider going forward with this if he needed to re-write all the code. TA was built on SkeletonGame/PyprocgameHD, which is thousands of lines of code, with major contributions from at least four different experienced developers, as well as plenty of others contributing smaller bits, all of which would need to be replaced as well and the majority of that code Scott has no deep experience with.

To even suggest this is just ludicrous.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Do that again so we save some money

I was thinking "do it again so you can make more money"

I want the man to get paid hansomly for his efforts. I heard someone that knows the boards saying tit could be a large savings. Multiply that over a coupld hundred games and Scott could pimp our numberous fieros!

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

To even suggest this is just ludicrous.

I leave it to Scott to figure out what works for him in the cost benefit time equation.

All I care is he builds the game he wants. All I hope is he gets paid well for it!

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I heard someone that knows the boards saying tit could be a large savings. Multiply that over a coupld hundred games and Scott could pimp our numberous fieros!

Sounds like that someone never contacted me to get higher volume pricing for a production run. Capabilities/Infrastructure/Support aside (there's no contest there), comparing one-off retail pricing of a P-ROC solution to volume pricing of any other boardset is apples to oranges.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Sounds like that someone never contacted me to get higher volume pricing for a production run. Capabilities/Infrastructure/Support aside (there's no contest there), comparing one-off retail pricing of a P-ROC solution to volume pricing of any other boardset is apples to oranges.
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

good to hear!!!!

#606 2 years ago

I'm out on the fiero game . Well unless it comes with an actual fiero on the playfield as one of the toys . Then I'm back in .

#607 2 years ago

It works right now in PROC should just leave it that way!

#608 2 years ago

The fiero game should only be a two player

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'm out on the fiero game . Well unless it comes with an actual fiero on the playfield as one of the toys . Then I'm back in .

Dang, I have an NOS rear bumper from an 85 GT that I was hoping to use for a down payment.

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

If there was a Fiero game, you'd have to buy two of them.....y'know for parts.

#611 2 years ago

Fire extinguisher included only on the LE models?

#612 2 years ago

Do I have to submit proof of mullet on the SLE application?

#613 2 years ago

If you tilt the game kills you .

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good to hear!!!!

For sure. When ordering in larger quantities you can expect to shave ~15% off retail.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing we will see this on the Proc system since that is how it was originally designed. I just wish/hope it could go on the pinheck as I woudl rather that cost savings go into Scott/Spooky pockets

Why shouldn't the P-roc / multimorphic guys profit from the platform they created that enabled this amazing game to be created by one guy in the first place?

Without them there would be far fewer indy pinball games, period.

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

...and have speakers in the headrests! ...oh.

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Sounds like that someone never contacted me to get higher volume pricing for a production run.

Just goes to show you that the old adage of not always believing what you hear still rings true today. And from personal experience, I can say that this is even more valid when that someone you're listening to is just voices inside your brain.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

For sure. When ordering in larger quantities you can expect to shave ~15% off retail.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

You only offer your customers 15% discount on large bulk orders? Geez Aaron, loosen up the purse strings a little bit.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

You only offer your customers 15% discount on large bulk orders? Geez Aaron, loosen up the purse strings a little bit.

LOL. Well, the topic was not on our hardware. I didn't want to put Gerry in a bind if he didn't cut deeper than that. Our new bundle pricing sits just under 15% off when ordering 1 bundle.

FASTBundles_2017 (resized).png

At larger runs, we see a significant drop in our manufacturing cost in large runs and we pass those savings on to you!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

LOL. Well, the topic was not on our hardware. I didn't want to put Gerry in a bind if he didn't cut deeper than that. Our new bundle pricing sits just under 15% off when ordering 1 bundle.

At larger runs, we see a significant drop in our manufacturing cost in large runs and we pass those savings on to you!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Seems the trend of posting pinball financial data isn't going to end any time soon...

Seriously, though. This is about as on-topic as me posting the complete ruleset for Buffy here. Then again, I'd probably get thumbs down if I did that...anywhere

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Seems the trend of posting pinball financial data isn't going to end any time soon...
Seriously, though. This is about as on-topic as me posting the complete ruleset for Buffy. Then again, I'd probably get thumbs down if I did that...

Never pass up an opportunity to make things about you!!

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Never pass up an opportunity to make things about you!!

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

IMG_0036 (resized).JPG

Nobody is talking about a single bundle. A production run is hundreds of boards. Not something you'd know about, eh?

#624 2 years ago

Anybody wants a used one, I can hook you up. Selling them on Craigslist is getting weird

#625 2 years ago

Also my neighbors kid is selling various meats and cheeses...so if you need anything lmk

#626 2 years ago

I also have an old end table and a bookcase that needs to go, I'm blowing this shit out

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

LOL. Well, the topic was not on our hardware.

I gotta ask man, if this topic isn't about your product then why are you posting what people can expect for discount percentages? They surly can't be based on P-ROC discounts because how the hell would you know what Gerrys margins are? So one can only assume you were talking about your own margins which you confirmed by posting more about your product in this thread. That was the point of my post. I didn't ask what your margins are nor does that even have any place in this thread. I was just poking fun at you. I didn't expect you to open up even more about it! Lol.

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Anybody wants a used one, I can hook you up. Selling them on Craigslist is getting weird

How well does the banana hammock integrate with a vajazzler?

#629 2 years ago

Offtopic due to vendor jealousy. Not surprising from the Fast crew.

I tend to think the game will ship with Proc... as software / code /rules are a lot more expensive to recreate than any margin which may be available for another platform.

That said; I really don't care as I just want to see Scott and Spooky ship this game.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I gotta ask man, if this topic isn't about your product then why are you posting what people can expect for discount percentages? They surly can't be based on P-ROC discounts because how the hell would you know what Gerrys margins are? So one can only assume you were talking about your own margins which you confirmed by posting more about your product in this thread. That was the point of my post. I didn't ask what your margins are nor does that even have any place in this thread. I was just poking fun at you. I didn't expect you to open up even more about it! Lol.

I threw out ~15% because that is a common first tier discount break, not a margins thing at all. There has been a lot of talk in this thread about cost and I thought the volume discount thing was a great point to bring up. As I can't speak for Gerry, I didn't. I shared what I could speak to as an example and as a response to your post. I think there are a lot of people who don't know exactly how the costs break down for designing and building a game and that has been the conversation I have been participating in, in this thread.

I don't feel like anything I have said here can be construed as "convert TA to FAST!" There is no way it would be worth it time and effort-wise for Scott. That was not the point of my posts at all. But I have seen they have ruffled feathers as the P-ROC troops have been brought in to comment on my post, out of the blue, so I will step aside.

TA kicks ass. I have said this since the first time I got to play it at Expo and I am so stoked it is getting made!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

But I have seen they have ruffled feathers as the P-ROC troops have been brought in to comment on my post, out of the blue, so I will step aside.

You keep saying that... implying that. But the simple fact here is that this was NEVER about you or your margins or whatever.
I find it really telling that you made it about you when it wasn't and now you are back peddling to try and justify your position.
IMHO; *YOU* would do well to learn to stay on topic and not try not to pipe up in every PROC thread.

As I stated; this ISNT a PROC thread... it's a TA thread; I too am curious what Spooky will do with the long term control system in TA.

That said; just apologize and go back on topic.

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

How well does the banana hammock integrate with a vajazzler?

I'm going to find out in a few months

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I also have an old end table and a bookcase that needs to go, I'm blowing this shit out

Hmmm, a blowout sale you say?

#634 2 years ago

Danesi locks are awesome

#635 2 years ago

I don't know much about operating systems but I do know if/when Spooky make this with Scott, (if its not already there) I would love an option in attract mode to simply play the soundtrack because TA sounds f'in awesome!!

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Hmmm, a blowout sale you say?

Come get your xenon!

#637 2 years ago

And we know you're reading this Scott

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It works right now in PROC should just leave it that way!

One of the main guys posts this and there's still discussion over what is to be of the operating hardware???

What are you guys smoking?

#639 2 years ago

How did we get so far off the topic of Fieros?
Terry.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

How did we get so far off the topic of Fieros?
Terry.

Thanks for getting everyone back on track.

Brad

fiero showroom poster 1984.jpg

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

One of the main guys posts this and there's still discussion over what is to be of the operating hardware???

Ben... I dont see him as the end all anwser here. I read that as his educated opinion... Not a fact or endorsement

#642 2 years ago

If this is the way we are going... if you can't beat them... join them

IMG_4467 (resized).JPG
IMG_4468 (resized).JPG
IMG_4469 (resized).JPG

Yep, those are fieros

#643 2 years ago

Home Brew...

pasted_image (resized).png

#644 2 years ago

It looks as though I was about 3 years early on these . Who wants one now ?

20170414_222024 (resized).jpg

#645 2 years ago

Not saying Scott was not awesome 3 years ago , just saying that some of you did not know this and now you do ( because of the game ,not the shirt )

#646 2 years ago

And by "the game " I am talkin' about the Fiero one .

#648 2 years ago

I really enjoy lightshows and this game has a amazing one and one of the best imo.. On top of that it has super fast gameplay, good rules, lcd and a good bit going on with some neat tricks . I will be in on this pin ..... how do i order lol.... absolutely love it and amazing job scott. I hope i can get one the first 50....

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I really enjoy lightshows and this game has a amazing one and one of the best imo.. On top of that it has super fast gameplay, good rules, lcd and a good bit going on with some neat tricks . I will be in on this pin ..... how do i order lol.... absolutely love it and amazing job scott. I hope i can get one the first 50....</blockquote

Email spooky

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Scott has talked about designing a P3 playfield module/game at some future point.

Hell yes -- that's awesome, I hope he pulls it off!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
5,035 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Warsaw, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside