Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 145.
#6402 5 years ago

Number 174 made it in!

C10902FB-7B68-41C6-BDDA-814233BB35A2 (resized).jpegC10902FB-7B68-41C6-BDDA-814233BB35A2 (resized).jpegA4BE9CEB-7340-4A0D-B936-890402210248 (resized).jpegA4BE9CEB-7340-4A0D-B936-890402210248 (resized).jpeg2FD9F0FB-F6A9-416A-9BC9-2D912C8CAB5F (resized).jpeg2FD9F0FB-F6A9-416A-9BC9-2D912C8CAB5F (resized).jpeg97B6AE69-852B-4179-AFC8-00DFB0EAAB79 (resized).jpeg97B6AE69-852B-4179-AFC8-00DFB0EAAB79 (resized).jpeg

#6403 5 years ago

Congratulations! You are going to love it. Even my non-pinball friends can’t get enough.

#6404 5 years ago

Great game!!

#6405 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Number 174 made it in!

Looks like a great time! Glad you finally got yours! Medusa right next to it is looking good!

#6406 5 years ago

Hello!
I am strongly considering buying a TNA to my home in Norway, but I wanted to hear your opinions on some matters:

I am a little worried its a bit too much emphasis on only getting multiball, and then in multiball shooting all the shoots for starting and then destroying reactors, rinse and repeat. Is this a real worry? I would think that either if taking down reactors in single ball gave lots of more points than in multiball, or that it was only possible to stack multiballs when in the destroy reactor phase, it would be a bit more open for different strategies.

Also, how would this game hold up in a home, when I am playing alone and not having friends over? Will it get boring quickly?

Cheers,
thank!

Morten

#6407 5 years ago

There is strategy with knowing when to start multiball. As I become better at the game I'm actually using multiball less. I only want to start it when there is a decent chance I will still have three balls in play when it's time to destroy the reactors.

PS: It takes a decent amount of skill to reenergize the locks after multiball. The drops can be dangerous, when the balls aren't locking. Especially the last one. I only shoot them when I have a ball save.

#6408 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I am a little worried its a bit too much emphasis on only getting multiball, and then in multiball shooting all the shoots for starting and then destroying reactors, rinse and repeat. Is this a real worry?

This was my concern too, and after watching Bowen play it on YouTube, it confirmed my fear. I was between this game and Dialed In, and chose Dialed In for this reason.

There’s no doubt in my mind that it’s an awesome game with incredible lights and sound to help the player become completely immersed in the gameplay. I know for a fact that when I finally stand in front of one that I will be hyped up to play it more than any game I’ve ever played, and I guarantee that I’ll be into it so much that it’ll be hard to pull me away. That said, I can’t confirm I’ll have that same feeling 1-2 months of playing it like I do for other machines because of the simplicity of the rules and repetition of shots.

That’s not meant to be a slight...

#6409 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This was my concern too, and after watching Bowen play it on YouTube, it confirmed my fear.

In order to play it like Bowen does, you have to have extremely good control. Constant live catches on the right flipper are not as easy as he makes it look. Restarting multiball is also not as easy or safe as he makes it look. I agree with lpeters82 , for a player of my skill level, constantly trying to restart multiball is not the way to go about it. I have to choose when to use my multiball and constantly be on my toes, both physically and mentally. If I start making bad decisions about what to shoot, it all goes downhill quickly.

If you're looking for complex rules, I'll grant you that DI certainly has it beat in that department. I personally have much more fun playing TNA, though.

#6410 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Also, how would this game hold up in a home, when I am playing alone and not having friends over? Will it get boring quickly?

9 months of ownership and still my favorite game to play.

We have or have access to over 100 games locally and TNA is still the beauty of the ball.

So much to do in this game and while multiball is a great start for great players to use, I find I get deeper in a game if I really just use multiball to complete reactor key pad and do everything else in a more controlled single ball play.

I constantly feel like there are lots of things to work towards and part of the fun is actively switching gears. e.g. oh shit, just lit supper spinner... need to shoot spinner.

oh shit, hit the pop a bunch... need to try and get that damn default pop champ score off my game finally

#6411 5 years ago

I’d say depends on how many pins you own. If only a few pins maybe get repetitive but with medium large collection it really seems like it’s a must have for being so different.

#6412 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

In order to play it like Bowen does, you have to have extremely good control. Constant live catches on the right flipper are not as easy as he makes it look. Restarting multiball is also not as easy or safe as he makes it look. I agree with lpeters82 , for a player of my skill level, constantly trying to restart multiball is not the way to go about it. I have to choose when to use my multiball and constantly be on my toes, both physically and mentally. If I start making bad decisions about what to shoot, it all goes downhill quickly.
If you're looking for complex rules, I'll grant you that DI certainly has it beat in that department. I personally have much more fun playing TNA, though.

I agree with this... and while I’ve only put up 20-30 games on DI, for my tastes TNA is way more fun. Obviously, different strokes/different folks

#6413 5 years ago

I dunno. Personally, I think the 'simplicity' of TNA is what KEEPS IT from getting old.

#6414 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Personally, I think the 'simplicity' of TNA is what KEEPS IT from getting old.

The fact that it isn't some long drawn out boring old story helps in that regards too.

#6415 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The fact that it isn't some long drawn out boring old story helps in that regards too.

That's exactly the case for me. It's counter intuitive, but simple, brutal, quick games are the ones I find myself playing over and over.

#6416 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's counter intuitive, but simple, brutal, quick games are the ones I find myself playing over and over.

Most of my games are like that.

I personally don't like ones that you have to spend a half an hour to an hour to advance thru the same old boring story just to lose and have to start it all over again.

#6417 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hello!
I am strongly considering buying a TNA to my home in Norway, but I wanted to hear your opinions on some matters:
I am a little worried its a bit too much emphasis on only getting multiball, and then in multiball shooting all the shoots for starting and then destroying reactors, rinse and repeat. Is this a real worry? I would think that either if taking down reactors in single ball gave lots of more points than in multiball, or that it was only possible to stack multiballs when in the destroy reactor phase, it would be a bit more open for different strategies.
Cheers,
thank!
Morten

I had the EXACT same concern and almost held off from buying but glad I didn't.

I have 5 games. I go through games like a knife through hot butter but I know which ones are great and which ones are duds. None of the games I've owned or currently have feel or play like this. I would say sound but I also own tron so I know what great sound effects and music do for a game. This game wouldn't be the same without the music, effects or light show. Period.

Is it simple - yes! There is something though that makes you want to come back and give it one more chance. It is def the most 1 more time game I've played and I only pay single player with it. For me, I really value music, effects, presentation and shot flow/feeling. This game has all of those in spades. 80s feel? I also love that too. Even in a small collection, it's so unique that I would recommend it if the game speaks to you.

#6418 5 years ago

This was my concern too, and after watching Bowen play it on YouTube, it confirmed my fear. I was between this game and Dialed In, and chose Dialed In for this reason.
There’s no doubt in my mind that it’s an awesome game with incredible lights and sound to help the player become completely immersed in the gameplay. I know for a fact that when I finally stand in front of one that I will be hyped up to play it more than any game I’ve ever played, and I guarantee that I’ll be into it so much that it’ll be hard to pull me away. That said, I can’t confirm I’ll have that same feeling 1-2 months of playing it like I do for other machines because of the simplicity of the rules and repetition of shots.
That’s not meant to be a slight...

Quoted from herg:

Quoted from Whysnow:

9 months of ownership and still my favorite game to play.
We have or have access to over 100 games locally and TNA is still the beauty of the ball.
So much to do in this game and while multiball is a great start for great players to use, I find I get deeper in a game if I really just use multiball to complete reactor key pad and do everything else in a more controlled single ball play.
I constantly feel like there are lots of things to work towards and part of the fun is actively switching gears. e.g. oh shit, just lit supper spinner... need to shoot spinner.
oh shit, hit the pop a bunch... need to try and get that damn default pop champ score off my game finally

these guys nailed it on the head. Don't let Bowen's gameplay lull you into a game that's easy or repetitive or mulitball all day long. I try that strategy and fail miserably. I don't have a tenth of the skill that Bowen has and unless you're a top level player, I wouldn't worry about it getting boring. like the other guys have said, I like to hit the keypad, start the reactor and get it critical in single ball play, then I use mb to maximize reactor points, or to hit that damn "D" target by random lol. My best is starting the 4th reactor. I've put on probably 170 games since ownership 2 weeks ago.

#6419 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Don't let Bowen's gameplay lull you

LOL! That's why I don't watch his videos in the first place.

Total snoozefest.

#6420 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hello!
Cheers,
thank!
Morten

TNA is a very fun and well designed game. There is a lot of strategy and skill in getting and using ball saves. Plunging into the core before the game auto-plunges a ball to start and/or overheat the reactor. Getting ball saves, and then draining balls on purpose to get another chance at plunging into the reactor. Trying to master live catches and drop catches from orbits and the reactor scoop. There is a lot more to the game than just the multiball. (Though it is pure adrenaline when you do get multiball)

The speed, music, and light show are second to none right now. The code is very clever. I hope more games that come out in the future are as fast paced as TNA is. It is a blast. The multiple player is great as it really helps non-pinheads into the game quickly and they soon get hooked.

If you have not already, give these videos a watch!

#6421 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

or to hit that damn "D" target by random lol.

Ain't that the truth. My friends and I joke about just starting over when the "D" is randomly selected.

#6422 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I dunno. Personally, I think the 'simplicity' of TNA is what KEEPS IT from getting old.

My non pinhead friend was over here the other day and saw my TNA for the first time. He said "it's so empty, where are the toys?" I told him that this pin is all about the game play, not toys, and that's one thing that makes it one of my favorites.

He loved the music.

#6423 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My non pinhead friend was over here the other day and saw my TNA for the first time.

My 20 year old daughter played mine for the first time last week and I had to pull her away from it just so we could go get something to eat.

#6424 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

need to try and get that damn default pop champ score off my game finally

#6425 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Ain't that the truth. My friends and I joke about just starting over when the "D" is randomly selected.

Mostly if I'm in multiball at the time I just start wailing on the other destroy targets and after 20 "misses" it changes it to something else if I haven't accidentally hit it by then.. at least I think 20 is the default. Scott has denied weighting the randomness of the "D".

#6426 5 years ago

seriously... is there a bug?

I have never seen it beat on any game.

Is it really just number of pop hits in a game?

#6427 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seriously... is there a bug?
I have never seen it beat on any game.
Is it really just number of pop hits in a game?

As far I know it is just the number of pop hits, mine now has my initials (don't know the number at the moment I'm on vacation.. miss TNA

#6428 5 years ago

#188 is back home in Canada, safe and sound and running A+. It was the usual crazy longish road trip with my buddy Joe, basically from Toronto to Benton - which I had assumed was on the 294 towards Milwaukee but turns out was west across LOTS of farmland...almost in Iowa!

thanks to Spooky for letting us crazy Canadians swoop in for the pickup!

Sean Joe at Spooky (resized).jpgSean Joe at Spooky (resized).jpg
#6429 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

As far I know it is just the number of pop hits, mine now has my initials (don't know the number at the moment I'm on vacation.. miss TNA

I love that there’s a pop champ record. I think pinball has barely scratched the surface as far as implementing achievements like you would see on an XBox game... or like here on Pinside.

#6430 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I love that there’s a pop champ record. I think pinball has barely scratched the surface as far as implementing achievements like you would see on an XBox game... or like here on Pinside.

Get a GC on an Iron Maiden and sit and watch it list off achievements for five minutes!

#6431 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Get a GC on an Iron Maiden and sit and watch it list off achievements for five minutes!

Guess we have scratched the surface. Haven’t seen that yet! I’ll have to check it out.

#6432 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Guess we have scratched the surface. Haven’t seen that yet! I’ll have to check it out.

yeah there is a lot on Iron Maiden . ....Maybe too many....

#6433 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

these guys nailed it on the head. Don't let Bowen's gameplay lull you into a game that's easy or repetitive or mulitball all day long. I try that strategy and fail miserably. I don't have a tenth of the skill that Bowen has and unless you're a top level player, I wouldn't worry about it getting boring. like the other guys have said, I like to hit the keypad, start the reactor and get it critical in single ball play, then I use mb to maximize reactor points, or to hit that damn "D" target by random lol. My best is starting the 4th reactor. I've put on probably 170 games since ownership 2 weeks ago.

So true. Assuming game play by watching a player like Bowen is akin to watching Michael Jordan or Mike Trout and assuming you’ll be throwing down tomahawk dunks from the foul line and crushing 420 ft bombs off the best pitchers in baseball.

Unless you’re insanely good at pinball, those videos show nothing of what you’ll experience when the fires up and balls start rolling around.

#6434 5 years ago

Are you only able to stack one extra ball in TNA? I have noticed that if I set replay to award an extra ball, and then start the 3rd reactor gaining an additional extra ball, you are only awarded one if they were stacked on top of each other.

#6435 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure mine have stacked, that's how I have mine setup as well and I get both.. I think.

#6436 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Are you only able to stack one extra ball in TNA? I have noticed that if I set replay to award an extra ball, and then start the 3rd reactor gaining an additional extra ball, you are only awarded one if they were stacked on top of each other.

They stack!

#6437 5 years ago

Finally picked up #167 on the way to my nephew's graduation/eagle scout ceremony. He got to challenge Green Bay's mayor Jim Schmitt to a game. KT at Spooky was awesome and gave us the grand tour.

20180630_123118 (resized).jpg20180630_123118 (resized).jpg20180630_123218 (resized).jpg20180630_123218 (resized).jpg
#6438 5 years ago

ok, that's one of the most unique scenarios I've seen on pinside.

Who won?

#6439 5 years ago

ok, that's one of the most unique scenarios I've seen on pinside.
Who won?

The Mayor won - he managed to steal a multiball.

#6441 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is hysterical!

Notice also that he took his jacket off to get serious on ball 2.

#6442 5 years ago

Anyone have a step by step on taking the rails off to install the side lights. Having a tough time getting the rails off at the moment. I got all the screws off from the side but she wont budge.

#6443 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Anyone have a step by step on taking the rails off to install the side lights. Having a tough time getting the rails off at the moment. I got all the screws off from the side but she wont budge.

I heard you had to remove the hot glued flipper button and that’s when I called it quits for the time being.

#6444 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

You have to carefully pry out the hot glue for the flipper buttons so you can remove them. I used a small flathead screwdriver. It may seem intimidating at first, but it was a 5 minute or less job. I was able to get the plastic nut off the flipper buttons with a small crescent wrench. There is also another screw with a nut by the flippers buttons that holds the rail on.

#6445 5 years ago

Lol shit they dont make it easy do they

#6446 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

You have to carefully pry out the hot glue for the flipper buttons so you can remove them. I used a small flathead screwdriver. It may seem intimidating at first, but it was a 5 minute or less job. I was able to get the plastic nut off the flipper buttons with a small crescent wrench. There is also another screw with a nut by the flippers buttons that holds the rail on.

So do you have to glue the flipper buttons back or will the plastic nut hold them? Why do they glue them?

#6447 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

So do you have to glue the flipper buttons back or will the plastic nut hold them? Why do they glue them?

I asked the same question and I was told the glue is to hold them in place for location games.
Seems that bass and shaker really put those flipper buttons to the test.
I think in home location it is unnecessary.

#6448 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I didn’t glue them back in. My guess is they do it so the nut doesn’t come lose overtime. I may glue them someday, but its been fine without so far. This is a huo game, so I can easily tighten if them came lose. If you are routing the game, maybe good idea to put some hotglue on the nut.

#6449 5 years ago

If you don't like modding please don't click on link below If you do check out my TNA!

-Black side rails, speaker covers, legs, leg bolts, shooter assembly, and lock down bar
-Flipper buttons w/ purple lit trim
-Purple LED Shooter assembly, LED Legs, and underlights/Backlights
- TNA Pin-Gulp w/ purple Volcano Lite up
-Much improved speaker lite up inserts
-Lit up TNA Side rails
-Pinstadium lighting
-PDI Glass
-Mirror Pin Blades
-Target Decals
-Flipper decals
-Dark Purple flipper rubbers
-Custom TNA Shooter Rod
-Shaker
-Plastic Protectors
-Super Shiney Balls
-Of course 1 awesome power ball

**I always run a separate power supply to run my mods to not affect or burden the factory setup.**

**Mod makers I love you all for your ideas and hard work! Thanks for feeding my Moditis addiction lol
You rock!

PICS link below :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3s62ox23iilqxv7/AADMtOt-gD0fecwWrn4KiUOra?dl=0

20180705_075110.jpg20180705_075110.jpg20180705_081719.jpg20180705_081719.jpg
#6450 5 years ago

TNA is everything I was hoping Iron Maiden would be. Maiden is complete garbage thrown together with a license slapped on it and TNA is a work of GENIUS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/129?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.