Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 145.
#6251 5 years ago

4 months later and still loving my TNA.

#6252 5 years ago

Who's got two thumbs and will be getting his TNA delivered tomorrow?

thumb (resized).jpgthumb (resized).jpg

#6253 5 years ago

I just paid the balance for #152 with a butter cabinet this afternoon.

#6254 5 years ago

#152? I feel like we are moving backwards!

#6255 5 years ago

Number 14 holding up strong. Looking to be one of my all time favorite games.

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

#152? I feel like we are moving backwards!

Was held back, waiting for the butter cabinet built in batches.

#6257 5 years ago

Can anyone share the location or a pic of where the TNA speaker light wires plug in ?
Thanks Frankmac..

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Number 14 holding up strong. Looking to be one of my all time favorite games.

100% TNA and Maiden LE top 2 on my list.

#6259 5 years ago

I had TNA at home for a couple of weeks, then decided I should move it in to work so the guys in the office can also enjoy it and we can play more multiplayer. Downside - I don't get to play it as much at work.

So 4 weeks later - screw the guys in the office . I miss it way too much and am going to somehow fit it in at home again this weekend.

The guys at work will have to make do with TWD.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had TNA at home for a couple of weeks, then decided I should move it in to work so the guys in the office can also enjoy it and we can play more multiplayer. Downside - I don't get to play it as much at work.
So 4 weeks later - screw the guys in the office . I miss it way too much and am going to somehow fit it in at home again this weekend.
The guys at work will have to make do with TWD.

You must not like the guys at work... leaving them TWD! :-0

#6261 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Can anyone share the location or a pic of where the TNA speaker light wires plug in ?
Thanks Frankmac..

Did you figure this out? Just installed mine and have no clue where they plug in.

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Did you figure this out? Just installed mine and have no clue where they plug in.

Not yet! I emailed KT and she replied and will email me them soon . I will post when I receive them.

Frankmac

#6263 5 years ago

Speaker instructions

TnA Speaker Kit Instructions.pdfTnA Speaker Kit Instructions.pdf
#6264 5 years ago

where can you buy those color speaker cover/grils if they don't come from the factory?

#6265 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Give or take 8 months and ~~ 160 pins built/shipped (may be more built if some higher numbers were pulled forward for route or shows and whatnot).
That’s ~ 20 per month so would be another 13 months to get caught up to the numbers being sold now or could be even more time than that due to AC production.
Could be quicker or slower depending on the breaks.
I’m assuming AC will slow down production of TNA unless Spooky can find a way to build both at the same time or I mean build AC without effecting TNA speed.
Anyway I’m not overly concerned because TNA is not like like a Stern pin which could probably build a 500 production run in a month.

I think you are just about on it with your calculations. I'm #261 - ordered in Dec. 2017 - and based on the numbers shipping that I'm seeing, it looks like a 9-9.5 month order->-build->delivery cycle. I'm sure there's some ebb/flow that goes along with any given month, but that's my approximation.

#6266 5 years ago

Played TNA this weekend at Tilt Arcade. Was disappointed that the game was turned down significantly. Wouldn't have hooked me as much as it did when I first played it. Can't wait to do it justice in a home setting. Lets go #270!

#6267 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Played TNA this weekend at Tilt Arcade. Was disappointed that the game was turned down significantly. Wouldn't have hooked me as much as it did when I first played it. Can't wait to do it justice in a home setting. Lets go #270!

so what's the best level to keep this game? Just curious never owned one like this.

Edit - sorry I thought you were taking about level. Staying on topic is this game at 6.5 like others

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

The "problem" with TNA is that the sound quality is on a completely different level above all other pins, that it can easily drown out other machines. In the home environment is where it will really shine!

#6269 5 years ago

Finally got a chance to play tna last night in home environment. This game is a blast! How well has it held interest and replay value for you owners? Game is awesome.

#6270 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Finally got a chance to play tna last night in home environment. This game is a blast! How well has it held interest and replay value for you owners? Game is awesome.

Obviously depends on what style of design/rules you like. If you like modern games like BSD... early solid state games...the game will have staying power. I have a sweet tooth for games that have more basic rules and straightforward design objectives. I think It’s a long term keeper

#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've had #54 since January . It is still by far getting the most plays out of any game in my collection .

#6272 5 years ago

Residential delivery for #153 is scheduled for tomorrow. Can't f'ing wait!!! Order originally placed on 8/17/17 during DeadFlip's TNA/Jetsons Reveal Stream.

Fully expecting TNA to give Metallica some stiff competition for the 'Most Frequently Played Game' title in my growing collection.

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Residential delivery for #153 is scheduled for tomorrow. Can't f'ing wait!!! Order originally placed on 8/17/17 during DeadFlip's TNA/Jetsons Reveal Stream.
Fully expecting TNA to give Metallica some stiff competition for the 'Most Frequently Played Game' title in my growing collection.

Nice! #157 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow too!

#6274 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Awesome! Once you play a bunch of TNA you get velocitized to its amazing speed and the shots on Metallica will start to feel long, safe, and slow.

#6275 5 years ago

Getting so close to that shipping notification for #165...I can feel it. Time to start deciding what sort of event I want to put on for the locals when it gets here.

#6276 5 years ago

Well guys, it's been a long road, but time to leave and move to the club thread. I've put my first 20 games on my new TNA and I gotta say, it's amazing. For those who like bling, Mustangpaul's leg light ups in purple look FANTASTIC on this game. I won them from a SDTM giveaway. Adios amigos...see you on the other side!

15282310019848013478239437423242 (resized).jpg15282310019848013478239437423242 (resized).jpg
#6277 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Well guys, it's been a long road, but time to leave and move to the club thread. I've put my first 20 games on my new TNA and I gotta say, it's amazing. For those who like bling, Mustangpaul's leg light ups in purple look FANTASTIC on this game. I won them from a SDTM giveaway. Adios amigos...see you on the other side!

Wow yeah i like those leg light ups.

#6278 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Are those leg lights available through a Spooky distributor? Meaning can it be ordered and installed like the shaker etc.?

#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For those who like bling, Mustangpaul's leg light ups in purple look FANTASTIC on this game.

Ok... not really a fan of excessive mods... but DAMN! Those just fit the art and game. SICK!!! I love it. Nice job to whoever made them.

#6280 5 years ago

Ordered the $100 lcd mod. What the heck. It didn’t bother me until it was pointed out in this thread. Kinda like the arrow in the FedEx logo.

#6281 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ok... not really a fan of excessive mods... but DAMN! Those just fit the art and game. SICK!!! I love it. Nice job to whoever made them.

Wow, thanks Charlie! I have to say, you made a great game. No issues out of the box AT ALL!

FYI, the leg light ups are sold in the Pinside Marketplace by MustangPaul. He recommended purple, and boy was he right. Super easy to install with the pinball life accessory power supply for TNA.

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Sorry Charlie but I apologize now as I have moditis which has caused me to have a pile of mods ready to go now for my TNA as soon as it gets here

#6283 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The "problem" with TNA is that the sound quality is on a completely different level above all other pins, that it can easily drown out other machines. In the home environment is where it will really shine!

Oh absolutely agree here but the first time I got to play this game was at the same barcade and without any prior knowledge of the game at all. The sound wasnt exactly cracked but it was loud enough to where yes it drawn out the other games around it and it blew me away because of that. I HAD TO BUY IT after that night. Now I got a chance to get back over there and the game was turned too far down even to be respectful to the other games. Just wasn't the same experience sadly. Which is why I'm grateful I played this when I did because otherwise I probably would have never known how exceptional it is.

#6284 5 years ago

For those concerned about the LCD, take some time to adjust it with the controls on the back panel before replacing it. I adjusted gamma, brightness, and a little contrast and it improved the image dramatically. The default settings are all at 50% with gamma off. I was disappointed with the image at first, but now have a great picture. I do not feel a need to upgrade, personally.

#6285 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For those concerned about the LCD, take some time to adjust it with the controls on the back panel before replacing it. I adjusted gamma, brightness, and a little contrast and it improved the image dramatically. The default settings are all at 50% with gamma off. I was disappointed with the image at first, but now have a great picture. I do not feel a need to upgrade, personally.

Just curious how tall are you? Apparently the taller you are worse it is.

#6286 5 years ago

5' 9". But I sound much taller on the radio.

Initially the screen was very washed out/white-ish. After adjusting, I have good black levels. HUGE difference. The angle thing isn't that bad unless you go beyond like 70 degrees to the right or left. If you are standing almost 90 degrees, its difficult to see...but why would you? As long as you are in front of the cabinet or beside it facing the head, you'll see it just fine. I think you have to take with a grain of salt how critical some people are about their machines. For instance, I have yet to hear the fan. I don't leave my games on just sitting there. I turn them on when I play them and turn them off when I leave the basement. Yes, I hear the fan when I stop to work on one or take a phone call. But when the game is playing, you can't hear anything but the amazing sounds. No different from any other cooling fan. The screen is fine for me. Not enough of an issue to risk messing up a great machine. I suppose if you were over 6' 5" it may be a problem. But my kids (4 footers) had no issues and when I sat on a stool and played I had no issue.

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Initially the screen was very washed out/white-ish. After adjusting, I have good black levels. HUGE difference. The angle thing isn't that bad unless you go beyond like 70 degrees to the right or left. If you are standing almost 90 degrees, its difficult to see...but why would you? As long as you are in front of the cabinet or beside it facing the head, you'll see it just fine. I think you have to take with a grain of salt how critical some people are about their machines. For instance, I have yet to hear the fan. I don't leave my games on just sitting there. I turn them on when I play them and turn them off when I leave the basement. Yes, I hear the fan when I stop to work on one or take a phone call. But when the game is playing, you can't hear anything but the amazing sounds. No different from any other cooling fan. The screen is fine for me. Not enough of an issue to risk messing up a great machine. I suppose if you were over 6' 5" it may be a problem. But my kids (4 footers) had no issues and when I sat on a stool and played I had no issue.

OK - I'm going to hold off until I get it. I'm 6ft and I heard it's worse the taller you are. I don't care about off angle though. Dead on would annoy me.

#6288 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I played with all the settings and could never get it even close to the performance levels of the upgraded LCD panel - each to their own, I guess. Just for reference, I have a THX Level III Video Calibration certification. Perhaps I’m more picky about video performance... and maybe you stumbled upon a setting configuration that got you closer to acceptable. If so, definitely share your exact settings so others can try and tweak the stock screen first!

Switching screens/driver is fairly simple and quick... not to mention exceedingly cheap. So if someone out there isn’t satisfied with settings tweaks, a new panel is a legit option.

People should definitely wait on any type of mod purchase... that’s good advice.

#6289 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

More
OK - I'm going to hold off until I get it. I'm 6ft and I heard it's worse the taller you are. I don't care about off angle though. Dead on would annoy me.

I am 6'2" and the noisy fan and slightly dim screen are much less annoying that the whining you hear on Pinside about them.

#6290 5 years ago

with over 150 games out there and only a handful of owners doing the swap of the lcd panel, waiting till you get you game and decide for yourself is the best advise on this one.

#6291 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For those concerned about the LCD, take some time to adjust it with the controls on the back panel before replacing it. I adjusted gamma, brightness, and a little contrast and it improved the image dramatically.

Gamma is the big one... it does make a big difference. But... it's all on how tall you are, lighting, etc etc.

Tweak around with the settings and it really does make a big difference!

#6292 5 years ago

I'm a big TV / PQ nut and really appreciate good quality images. I'll assess and provide my feedback once I get it. For 100, it does sound like a reasonable upgrade but why tinker if it's not imperative so I get that. I will tell you during my time playing it on route I didn't seem to notice the poor PQ.

#6293 5 years ago

I'll be happy to share my personal settings this evening when I get home. Although I may end up playing around with the settings a little more. I'm not dissing those who are upgrading the LCD. My main point is don't buy a replacement LCD until you've seen the stock one and adjusted the settings first. Just trying to save some folks some cash and/or frustration.

And for a little compliment/pot-stirring: HOLY CRAP, Charlie! What kind of wood are you using for your cabinets? Screwing in the Pinball Life power supply adapter into the side of the cabinet was like trying to drive a screw into concrete. That cabinet won't be splitting anytime soon!

#6294 5 years ago

Just a reminder if you are in to TNA and want to hear Scott Danesi talk more about homebrew pinball, he will be participating in a panel with wildertronix and myself on Friday night at SFGE in Atlanta.

Come on by!

#6295 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just a reminder if you are in to TNA and want to hear Scott Danesi talk more about homebrew pinball, he will be participating in a panel with Wildertronix and myself on Friday night at SFGE in Atlanta.
Come on by!

Will this be recorded/streamed?

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Will this be recorded/streamed?

Not that I'm aware of.

#6297 5 years ago

I think most or all of the seminars will be recorded, but I'm not sure what plans SFGE has for them afterwords.

#6298 5 years ago

Just came home to this. #161 in the garage. Unfortunately I don't have time to set it up until Sunday or Monday.
20180608_042611 (resized).jpg20180608_042611 (resized).jpg

#6299 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Just came home to this. #161 in the garage. Unfortunately I don't have time to set it up until Sunday or Monday.

I'm #163. Mine should be ready soon?!?!?!

#6300 5 years ago

161?! I'm getting so close. Congrats, man! Enjoy the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/126?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.