Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 145.
#6201 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In fairness to rai he did say “wanted”, ie. “in the past”.

I still will get TNA, it’s not like I’m going anywhere. I don’t care if I get the pin right now or next year.

One of my favorite albums is Pink Floyd ‘Animals’ came out in 1977 I was 12. I doubt I heard the album much at all until the 1980s and really started to listen to it often until the 90s.

NIN ‘The Fragile’ came out in 1999 and I’ve probably listened to it a thousand times, it’s not really popular now don’t know if NIN is popular at all, but I still listen to it 20 years later.

If TNA is a great pin, it will still be a great pin in a year. I’m not like someone who needs to get something immediately and losses interest when it’s not the talk of the day anymore.

#6202 1 year ago

Couple of personal observations on my machine so far.

1. It's been a long time since I've owned a game that had this strong of a, "One More Game" desire.
2. I'm glad I didn't pre-buy a silent cooling fan. It's not needed IMO so I suggest you wait to decide for yourself. Its personal taste but some of you guys had me freaked in advanced.
3. My topper light makes a grinding sound when it goes off as others have already reported. I like the noise, it adds to the experience and I have no intention of changing it. When I'm focused on game play I don't notice the light flashing at all but I do hear the grind and the noise adds to the drama of the moment.
4. The powerball is really working out well with its subtle game play changes and also the increased speed. I get all squishy when I see it sent out into play especially during multiball. And I'm actually getting more airballs with the steel balls than I am the powerball. - That said, testing continues and I look forward to other opinions.

Scott: Please try the powerball.

#6203 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

4 powerballs seems like the right mod to go with

If one is good, 4 is better!!!

#6204 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

4 powerballs seems like the right mod to go with
If one is good, 4 is better!!!

LOL. I've done that in other games and TNA would be insane.

#6205 1 year ago

I put a powerball in my Genie. It's perfect for that game. Some games really benefit from the added ball speed without monkeying around with the pitch too much.

#6206 1 year ago

Just FYI to owners (and perhaps your game will be different), but this past wknd I was lowering the playfield with the power on and a lug from the shooter lane coil grounded on the mirror blades. Lug is oriented to face out directly toward the blades. Not much room for error. Caused the coil to repeatedly fire, no harm done however

#6207 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just FYI to owners (and perhaps your game will be different), but this past wknd I was lowering the playfield with the power on and a lug from the shooter lane coil grounded on the mirror blades. Lug is oriented to face out directly toward the blades. Not much room for error. Caused the coil to repeatedly fire, no harm done however

I never ever raise/lower playfield on any game with power on. I take the time to power off and power on, etc...….takes longer but worth it

#6208 1 year ago

I have for years... across many games. This is a first.

#6209 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The powerball is really working out well with its subtle game play changes and also the increased speed. I get all squishy when I see it sent out into play especially during multiball. And I'm actually getting more airballs with the steel balls than I am the powerball. - That said, testing continues and I look forward to other opinions.

I'm really intrigued with the addition of a Powerball. It's lighter, so I'm assuming....

Powerball = More speed, More action.

With that said, does it make the ball harder to get under control & trap on a flipper? I'm guessing it would. That's already a challenge with a standard ball.

I've set up the sensitivity of my switches & slings to go off if you basically breathe on them. So can only imagine the insanity, especially within the reactor, when a powerball is in play.

But we are dealing with a theme set with nuclear reactors & atomic physics here. Lots of ball action reminds me of electrons, protons & neutrons flying around within the reactor core. I mean is someone crazy enough to try 4 powerballs in their TNA? Is that just too over the top?

Yes. I just just talked myself into it. 4 powerballs ordered from Pinball Life. Boom

#6210 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I might add some electrical tape to mine, just to prevent this. I've raised and lowered the PF with power on in the past as well.

#6211 1 year ago

Sorta related question... are TNA playfields hinged like a Williams or flopsie wopsie (I think that’s the official term).

#6212 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yes. I just just talked myself into it. 4 powerballs ordered from Pinball Life. Boom

I've done games completly in powerballs before and have experimented in other ways with them. It's fun.
But I've settled on mixing one ceramic ball into the group for its uniqueness. It's hard to explain but having one different color ball during multiball gives an added visual distraction. And that special ball becomes my favorite when it appears and I'm heartbroken if it drains first. - Good grief, listen to me talk about my balls.

Try it both ways but you might find as I did that one powerball is great and 4 or more is too many.

#6213 1 year ago

I'll give it a go I guess. If four is too many I'll just sell off the extras. I wonder how a single powerball effects a multiplayer game though, as it's appearance would be random & not in a set order. Adds another element of randomness, on top of the ball lock stealing?

Do the powerballs wear faster being ceramic? Just curious about their hardness & longevity, or if they might damage the playfield with long term use with every game played.

#6214 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Sorta related question... are TNA playfields hinged like a Williams or flopsie wopsie (I think that’s the official term).

Slides on rails. Feel like a newer Stern . Not bad.

#6215 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Slides on rails. Feel like a newer Stern . Not bad.

Ok thanks

#6216 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

One of my favorite albums is Pink Floyd ‘Animals’ came out in 1977 I was 12. I doubt I heard the album much at all until the 1980s and really started to listen to it often until the 90s.

One of my favorites as well!

#6217 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I still will get TNA, it’s not like I’m going anywhere. I don’t care if I get the pin right now or next year.
NIN ‘The Fragile’ came out in 1999 and I’ve probably listened to it a thousand times, it’s not really popular now don’t know if NIN is popular at all, but I still listen to it 20 years later.
If TNA is a great pin, it will still be a great pin in a year. I’m not like someone who needs to get something immediately and losses interest when it’s not the talk of the day anymore.

Was just stirring the pot. FWIW, I think you made a good move - u get a cheap DI now, and still get a TNA down the track.

#6218 1 year ago

Danesi Lock (tm) II:

LOL! Shouldn’t t be possible physically except from the inlane, yet it did during multiball...

AA9E1E62-143A-434C-A733-9789C8B0EFD4 (resized).jpeg
D74B7FEF-A0F4-465F-91D1-0991A0BCA7A7 (resized).jpeg
711A0F04-57AF-4DBA-A2C8-7A40F985A44E (resized).jpeg

#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Danesi Lock (tm) II:

LOL! Shouldn’t t be possible physically except from the inlane, yet it did during multiball...

I had this problem constantly. It went away when I reduced the sling power to 5. But 6 was a lot more fun. So I might go back and live with it. Sling at 5, makes it less likely to knock off RAD targets also. Which are my absolute nemesis to popping off reactors.

#6221 1 year ago

Hmmm. Power to 11?!

#6222 1 year ago

You know that you made a great game when three year olds love to play it. When the reactor went critical my daughter laughed and said, “Daddy the floor is shaking!”

A6728A96-4633-490C-8626-A9B096CEAE96 (resized).jpeg

1E10F08F-9AD3-4666-83D6-C69365A4447F (resized).jpeg

#6223 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

You know that you made a great game when three year olds love to play it. When the reactor went critical my daughter laughed and said, “Daddy the floor is shaking!”

That is just awesome!!!
Scott you really knocked it out of the park.
-Mike

#6224 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Cool carpet!

#6225 1 year ago

Kickback Cafe in Pittsburgh.

The floor is all custom painted. Pretty cool.

rd

#6226 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Kickback Cafe in Pittsburgh.
The floor is all custom painted. Pretty cool.
rd

So not carpet lol.

Cool floor!

#6227 1 year ago

TNA #149 arrived Friday. A lot of the cables to the multimorphic boards in the backbox were disconnected including the HDMI cable. Does anyone know where this red cable goes to the power supply? See attached picture, might have to zoom in.

Thanks!

IMG_1133 (resized).JPG

IMG_1134 (resized).JPG

IMG_1135 (resized).JPG

IMG_1143 (resized).JPG

IMG_1166 (resized).JPG

IMG_1167 (resized).JPG

IMG_1138 (resized).JPG

IMG_1164 (resized).JPG

#6228 1 year ago

Congrats! Are we supposed to tip these guys?

#6229 1 year ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Does anyone know where this red cable goes to the power supply?

All three of the screws on the right side of the supply as shown in your picture should be marked as V+. The wire can connect to any of those.

#6230 1 year ago

Here's a couple pictures of mine I just took for ya.

zzzzz1111120180527_070847 (resized).jpg
zzzzzz1111120180527_070839 (resized).jpg

#6231 1 year ago

Thank you pinsiders Herg and Mr68. Much appreciated.

#6232 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Congrats! Are we supposed to tip these guys?

As a driver I will tell you that a $10 Dunkin Donuts card goes a long way if you want your precious electronic toy anywhere but the driveway. Doing freight sucks and I don't miss it, glad I got my tanker and haz-mat endorsement.
-Mike

#6233 1 year ago

I wrote up a list of TNA mods with impressions, in case anyone here isn’t peeking at the owner’s thread. Thought I would share:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/55#post-4421200

#6234 1 year ago

I always tip the trucker $20 right at the start. They are always more than helpful in every way.

#6235 1 year ago

I got back in line, just trying to decide if I'd prefer mirror or side art.

I'm not usually a big mirror guy, curious if other people are getting one the other or nothing.

#6236 1 year ago

Mirror here

#6237 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I got back in line, just trying to decide if I'd prefer mirror or side art.
I'm not usually a big mirror guy, curious if other people are getting one the other or nothing.

I like the mirror personally.

Curious, what number and when did you get back in line?

#6238 1 year ago

I'm not a big mirror guy, either, but I did do mirrors on mine.

#6239 1 year ago

Bryan_Kelly says:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/45#post-3914878

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Personally, I think this game screams for mirror blades inside.

#6240 1 year ago

mirrors look awesome on TNA .

#6241 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like the mirror personally.
Curious, what number and when did you get back in line?

#6242 1 year ago

that's not bad!!! I thought it was 400+ now?

#6243 1 year ago

#421 with my order on May 7, with an estimate at that time of November or December.

#6244 1 year ago

I am assuming you bought from a distributor that had an earlier number still?

#6245 1 year ago

Received notice from Kayte that my TNA (#157) has shipped!

#6246 1 year ago

Yup. #153 left Benton yesterday. Gonna be a LONG weekend!!!

#6247 1 year ago

Give or take 8 months and ~~ 160 pins built/shipped (may be more built if some higher numbers were pulled forward for route or shows and whatnot).

That’s ~ 20 per month so would be another 13 months to get caught up to the numbers being sold now or could be even more time than that due to AC production.

Could be quicker or slower depending on the breaks.

I’m assuming AC will slow down production of TNA unless Spooky can find a way to build both at the same time or I mean build AC without effecting TNA speed.

Anyway I’m not overly concerned because TNA is not like like a Stern pin which could probably build a 500 production run in a month.

#6248 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Received notice from Kayte that my TNA (#157) has shipped!

Something tells me that Bow and Arrow is going to start feeling like Relic.

#6249 1 year ago

#150 will be here next Wednesday!

#6250 1 year ago

#250 is feeling closer everyday

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sylacauga, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
$ 265.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside