Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 145.
#6151 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I probably average two reactors. A good game for me is three, a great game is four. This might be a dumb question, but what is the safest shot from the left flipper? If the grid is completed, I will backhand the scoop to start the reactor. Otherwise I typically go for the lock, but I have much less confidence then shooting it with the right flipper.

post pass to right flipper, then back hand lock shots

#6152 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Super excited! Got word my game will be on the line in 3 weeks! #230

Oh shit, that seems really quick. I'm 245, guess I better start getting my funds together.

#6153 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I probably average two reactors. A good game for me is three, a great game is four. Yesterday, I was playing a quick game at lunch and drained with the third reactor critical with two balls locked. That was exciting for me. This might be a dumb question, but what is your go to shot from the left flipper? If the grid is completed, I will backhand the scoop to start the reactor. Otherwise I typically go for the lock, but I have much less confidence then shooting it with the right flipper.

Back hand right flipper for the lock.
Back hand left flipper for the scoop.
Right flipper to put me up in the reactor is my best shot. Shot from the left flipper to the right side is tight. If I drain my plung will usually get me up in the reactor. I like to have the lock loaded at the time of critical reactor that also gives me some madness and luck of hitting a free shot to defeat the reactor.

Note : None of these are guaranteed. Especially when I get to the fourth reactor going to five . I feel the pressure usually bug out and blow it . Practice and more time and skill and I will get it.

#6154 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

No, I have a shaker, knocker, mirror blades and lighted speaker kit for them to install thats about it. I would assume those are not very time consuming to build in.

Just wondering about the jump from 165 to 230.

#6155 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can yo fit 8 total down there?

I'll move TZ to the side until youre ready to pick it up. It'll still be playable of course.

#6156 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Me too considering that I’m 209!

#6157 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

post pass to right flipper, then back hand lock shots

I'll have to practice more. I've only tried a few times, but I can't post pass regularly on my TNA. When I try my usual technique for B/W games the ball ends up going way to high.

Quoted from frankmac:

Back hand right flipper for the lock.
Back hand left flipper for the scoop.
Right flipper to put me up in the reactor is my best shot. Shot from the left flipper to the right side is tight. If I drain my plung will usually get me up in the reactor. I like to have the lock loaded at the time of critical reactor that also gives me some madness and luck of hitting a free shot to defeat the reactor.
Note : None of these are guaranteed. Especially when I get to the fourth reactor going to five . I feel the pressure usually bug out and blow it . Practice and more time and skill and I will get it.

I agree with all of these. From the right flipper, I have decent confidence with locking balls, hitting grid targets, or hitting the spinner. I've also finally have a decent feel for the plunge. On this game it's super important to have a plunge that will get you into the reactor area consistently. Hitting that super skill shot is also a huge benefit; 120,000 points and starting the first reactor on the plunge. I typically go for the "O". From the left flipper, I'm still struggling to find my go to shot. I agree that right orbit is tight.

#6158 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll have to practice more. I've only tried a few times, but I can't post pass regularly on my TNA. When I try my usual technique for B/W games the ball ends up going way to high.

I can tap pass on TNA also (like a classic bally), but it takes a feather touch.

#6159 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Hilton, if you are still unsure as to which of the two flippers to play off of try lower right.

Quoted from Whysnow:

All I want to know is where/when did you play the game and how many plays is this dissertation based off of?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this review based upon watching videos online.

yes hilton. seven months ago I told you. just from observing videos. at the time, you didn't miss an opportunity to once again downplay my opinion. at least you and others are arriving at the same conclusion.

Quoted from Whysnow:

post pass to right flipper, then back hand lock shots.

Quoted from lpeters82:

From the right flipper, I have decent confidence with locking balls, hitting grid targets, or hitting the spinner... From the left flipper, I'm still struggling to find my go to shot.

#6160 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Well 3 weeks to get on the line, they still have to build and ship it so I guess it depends how long that takes.

#6161 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yes hilton. seven months ago I told you. just from observing videos. at the time, you didn't miss an opportunity to once again downplay my opinion. at least you and others are arriving at the same conclusion.

Sure, but in the same post you also said the following...

Quoted from greenhornet:

the path to achieve maximum points is pretty clear - and it only requires a handful of shots, with the primary shot easy, reliable, and pretty 'safe'. kinda throws the 'easy to learn, but difficult to master' mantra out the window

I think there are six shots on the lower playfield that you absolutely have to have down to be successful at TNA. Left to right they are: spinner, scoop, grid 1, grid 2, grid 3, and lock. I guess that's just one over a handful, so touche. There are another seven shots on the lower playfield that are required to progress in the game, but they are more dangerous. I'm not sure it's possible for anyone but the best players to really have them down. That's where I think mastering multiball and/or the save system becomes important. There is a reason for that extra save timer display. It's nice to be able to tell when you can shoot for those more dangerous shots with less risk. Plus, then you also have the upper playfield. At this point it feels like trying to control chaos, but perhaps there is a strategy I just haven't found. Bottom line, I'd still put it squarely in the "easy to learn, but difficult to master" category. I might go so far to say, if TNA isn't in that category for someone, then there probably aren't any games in that category. For that player...pinball is easy.

Quoted from greenhornet:

numbers 200-250 might go, but 250-300 could be crickets.

I totally get that TNA isn't going to be for everyone, but 250-300 seem to have sold without crickets. TNA would be in my dream lineup of six machines. I guess it just plays different (in a good way).

#6162 5 years ago

Greenhornet likes to toss darts at TNA for some reason. I don't really understand why. It seems natural he would target Hilton as well, given that he's one of the most outspoken supporters of the game.

#6163 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Me too considering that I’m 209!

Same here. #220 and haven’t heard a word

#6164 5 years ago

It's BrownHornet.

All he does is shit on every game thread.

#6165 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry, but not sorry.

You should stick to just watching the videos and not reviewing games based off them. You have reached broken record status with this behavior and it has become both predictable and boring. You also need to stop with constantly trying to make false assumptions.

My conclusion is that if someone wants the safest shot that a post pass to right flipper back hand is a good strategy. Luckily there are tons of other things to shoot for besides the ball lock as you think... Every game has a dominant strategy that can be boiled down to a few directives.

TNA actually forces you to shoot every shot in the game if you want to progress.

Hopefully you can actually play one someday in the future and stop over thinking the fun factor for just a few minutes.

Remember, pinball is supposed to be fun.

I suppose if your "fun" is watching videos online and bashing every single game that comes out, then have "fun" with that (just would be better off keeping it to yourself, esp when in a thread dedicated to the game you are constantly bashing)

#6166 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

my opinion [which of course could be proven wrong and will gladly admit to if so], is that having games in the wild/on route will not create a significant resurgence in orders. numbers 200-250 might go, but 250-300 could be crickets.

you were wrong.

They are well over 400 sold and still going strong...

Quoted from gliebig:

It's BrownHornet.
All he does is shit on every game thread.

I prefer GreenBornet

#6167 5 years ago

Was told by KT that if I ordered today would be #420

#6168 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

you are a few days late on that one buddy

#6169 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you mean, "If" ? ...You don't know yet??

#6170 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

i thought you were in the 160s?

#6171 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

i thought you were in the 160s?

He sold the spot and bought a DI.

#6172 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well 3 weeks to get on the line, they still have to build and ship it so I guess it depends how long that takes.

This is all I see and here when you post.. your avitar looks like Anderson Cooper.
No disrespect.

4F06BD71-175E-4956-AAB0-6AA2174D404A.jpeg4F06BD71-175E-4956-AAB0-6AA2174D404A.jpeg

#6173 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What do you mean, "If" ? ...You don't know yet??

I’m debating that if it’s going to be another year for the wait for a new TNA, likely some used ones will shake loose before then.

The guy I bought DI from had it for only 3 months, I’m sure some people will buy TNA and want to move on to another title. Or someone will want out of their spot in line might be better than locking myself into a pin 9-10 months out.

#6174 5 years ago

Spots will certainly become available as time goes on with all the new titles coming out. People will need to free up cash or grow tired of the wait.

#6175 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He sold the spot and bought a DI.

I didn’t want to, but was a business decision and couldn’t buy both DI and TNA at the same time. Combined deals made DI LE price too good to pass up.

It’s possible I’ll like TNA better but I’m a patient person, didn’t get Woz until it was out 3-4 years in production. That doesn’t bother me.

#6176 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Combined deals made DI LE price too good to pass up.

This is the second direct trade of DILE for TNA I’ve heard in the past week.

#6177 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This is the second direct trade of DILE for TNA I’ve heard in the past week.

not direct trade. I traded cash for DI, I traded TNA for cash but indirectly you are correct.

However the guy I bought DI from owned TNA and was offered the same price for his TNA as he sold the DI LE for but he preferred to keep TNA.

#6178 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This is all I see and here when you post.. your avitar looks like Anderson Cooper.
No disrespect.

All I need now is the white hair and that Venderbilt money!!

#6179 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I didn’t want to, but was a business decision and couldn’t buy both DI and TNA at the same time. Combined deals made DI LE price too good to pass up.
It’s possible I’ll like TNA better but I’m a patient person, didn’t get Woz until it was out 3-4 years in production. That doesn’t bother me.

If I'm in your shoes and wanted a DI, I would have done the same thing. It's the smarter thing to do.

#6180 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Personally I think you look more like Wentworth Miller.

#6181 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

However the guy I bought DI from owned TNA and was offered the same price for his TNA as he sold the DI LE for but he preferred to keep TNA.

So the guy could have sold:

A/ TnA for a good profit

B/ DI LE for a big loss

And decided to take the loss?

Doesn’t that say something?

rd

#6182 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A/ TnA for a good profit
B/ DI LE for a big loss
rd

It says the guy didn't click with DI haha. I'd do the same as Rai in a heartbeat. He's still getting one, just not for at least another year. If anybody wants to drop off their DI LE and trade straight up for my loaded TNA which comes in a few weeks I'll happily jump back into line

#kiddingnotkidding

#6183 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Awesome! 200mil never hurts!! AC is doing ok also!

Hope you get your TNA Soon.. Congrats.

#6184 5 years ago

TA Main7 - 1.2.1 Release (resized).jpgTA Main7 - 1.2.1 Release (resized).jpg
Hey there!!! Another TNA code update is here! This is a short, but good one.

I have fixed a few bugs and added what I like to call “Speed Runs” to kill each reactor. What do I mean you ask? The game now displays reactor uptime on the display telling you exactly how many seconds each reactor has been online for. The timer starts as soon as the reactor start scoop has been hit and stops when the reactor is destroyed. These speed times are stored in the high score table as “Reactor X Speed Run Champ”. There are 10 of these. One for each reactor and one for Total Annihilation!

Every second counts when battling these reactors so be sure to skip the reactor startup animation and be sure to skip the bonus count at the end of your ball. Your reactor uptime pauses if another player is up, but the timer does not pause until after the bonus count.

Have fun everyone!

Change Log:
v1.2.1 – 05/22/2018 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Skillshot light stuck on is now fixed.
– Reply info in attract mode now says replay for credit and Extra Ball when award is an extra ball
– Tilt during multiball trough issue fixed

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Added reactor uptime champs to high score boards
– Added reactor uptime to display while reactor is running
– Random performance enhancements
– Co Op now can be enabled if you forget to enable it on adding player 1

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11iirLZAPz0k-yNbEmt8AguLAuMOqbGbX

Code Update Procedure:
WARNING: Updating code on your game will reset your audits and settings on the game after the update procedure. However, these audits and settings are automatically dumped to the USB stick as a backup for your reference. I am planning to add functionality to save audits within the game in the future.

Step 1: Download the latest “pkg” file from the link above.
Step 2: Copy the “pkg” file to a USB flash drive. Do not change the name of the file, should be named “tna-gamecode.pkg”.
Step 3: Power off the game and remove the backglass.
Step 4: Insert the USB flash drive into an open USB port on the PC located on the right side within the backbox.
Step 5: Power on the machine, a message should appear saying that the software is updating.
Step 6: Once the code update is complete, remove the USB flash drive and restart the machine.

#6185 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey there!!! Another TNA code update is here! This is a short, but good one.
I have fixed a few bugs and added what I like to call “Speed Runs” to kill each reactor. What do I mean you ask? The game now displays reactor uptime on the display telling you exactly how many seconds each reactor has been online for. The timer starts as soon as the reactor start scoop has been hit and stops when the reactor is destroyed. These speed times are stored in the high score table as “Reactor X Speed Run Champ”. There are 10 of these. One for each reactor and one for Total Annihilation!
Every second counts when battling these reactors so be sure to skip the reactor startup animation and be sure to skip the bonus count at the end of your ball. Your reactor uptime pauses if another player is up, but the timer does not pause until after the bonus count.
Have fun everyone!
Change Log:
v1.2.1 – 05/22/2018 – Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
– Skillshot light stuck on is now fixed.
– Reply info in attract mode now says replay for credit and Extra Ball when award is an extra ball
– Tilt during multiball trough issue fixed
## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Added reactor uptime champs to high score boards
– Added reactor uptime to display while reactor is running
– Random performance enhancements
– Co Op now can be enabled if you forget to enable it on adding player 1
## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11iirLZAPz0k-yNbEmt8AguLAuMOqbGbX
Code Update Procedure:
WARNING: Updating code on your game will reset your audits and settings on the game after the update procedure. However, these audits and settings are automatically dumped to the USB stick as a backup for your reference. I am planning to add functionality to save audits within the game in the future.
Step 1: Download the latest “pkg” file from the link above.
Step 2: Copy the “pkg” file to a USB flash drive. Do not change the name of the file, should be named “tna-gamecode.pkg”.
Step 3: Power off the game and remove the backglass.
Step 4: Insert the USB flash drive into an open USB port on the PC located on the right side within the backbox.
Step 5: Power on the machine, a message should appear saying that the software is updating.
Step 6: Once the code update is complete, remove the USB flash drive and restart the machine.

Thank you!

#6186 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A/ TnA for a good profit
B/ DI LE for a big loss
rd

Guess that means TNA is under priced.

- up to 10 month wait list for TNA
- people pay more than list price TNA

This doesn’t mean DI is a bad pin but that TNA is in much shorter supply.

Before Stern made IM VE nice examples of IM were going for $6000 because it was in short supply. Now IM is not a $6000 pin any more.

#6187 5 years ago

I wanted speed run in this pin bravo!!!

9FE9F0B1-5401-4F9A-84ED-BA5F472C35F5 (resized).jpeg9FE9F0B1-5401-4F9A-84ED-BA5F472C35F5 (resized).jpeg

#6188 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ummm, dude, you just sold yours.

#6189 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

95FDD6BB-FA76-4E01-B0CB-693A85DDBBB9 (resized).jpeg95FDD6BB-FA76-4E01-B0CB-693A85DDBBB9 (resized).jpeg

#6190 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Lol,you just flipped yours...

Guess you will get the speed run in another 18 months

#6191 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does DI have speed runs?

rd

#6192 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Guess you will get the speed run in another 18 months

More like 8-9 months
25B02C5E-0317-4A85-8127-A9B884FE76F5 (resized).jpeg25B02C5E-0317-4A85-8127-A9B884FE76F5 (resized).jpeg

#6193 5 years ago

TNA will be used in the Pintastic New England Show for a charity side event along with the main event we run. It will be a reactor chase battle. Whoever has the most reactors at vendor hall and tournament closing on Saturday night wins half the prize pool. Other half to a charity close to me, The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. If there is a tie for most reactors destroyed the score will break the tie.

This charity event will encourage Co Op mode. For a single player to enter a game will cost 2$. To play a 2 player Co Op game it will cost 5$ to enter. To play a 3 player Co Op game it will cost 10$ to enter. To play a 4 player Co Op game it will cost 20$ to enter.

See everyone at Pintastic in June!

-Jim

#6194 5 years ago

Dayum a 10 month wait for one of these puppies. Looks like I can slap a deposit down and have plenty of time to save up.

#6195 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

More like 8-9 months

I thought they were tracking around 20 per month?
Where is the graph someone was making as games rolled in to owners?

#6196 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

TNA will be used in the Pintastic New England Show for a charity side event along with the main event we run. It will be a reactor chase battle. Whoever has the most reactors at vendor hall and tournament closing on Saturday night wins half the prize pool. Other half to a charity close to me, The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. If there is a tie for most reactors destroyed the score will break the tie.
This charity event will encourage Co Op mode. For a single player to enter a game will cost 2$. To play a 2 player Co Op game it will cost 5$ to enter. To play a 3 player Co Op game it will cost 10$ to enter. To play a 4 player Co Op game it will cost 20$ to enter.
See everyone at Pintastic in June!
-Jim

Sounds like fun Jim!

#6197 5 years ago

I added a strip of led to the back of the cab it makes a soft glow to the plastic of the back reactor panel.

Bad photo but looks great in person.

89FF5D97-8C7F-4A6D-8EB0-74F0A309644E.jpeg89FF5D97-8C7F-4A6D-8EB0-74F0A309644E.jpeg

2328543B-9D56-46E2-A63E-EFADD1DACD8D.jpeg2328543B-9D56-46E2-A63E-EFADD1DACD8D.jpeg

#6198 5 years ago

Wow. What a surprise with another code update. Looking forward to updating the code. Scott, saying thanks is not enough for what you have accomplished with this game and the continued updates. You continue to strive for excellence with TNA!

#6199 5 years ago

Hey TheNoTrashCougar ... please try to save at least one update for the people who are in the 300-400's, and won't get their TNAs for some time.
I feel EVERYONE who buys a NIB should be able to experience the joy and excitement of updated code, at least once in their game's lifetime. Don't you?

Mine is coming in a few weeks. I'm just trying to be nice and think of everyone in line behind me.

#6200 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from Crile1:

Ummm, dude, you just sold yours.

In fairness to rai he did say “wanted”, ie. “in the past”.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/124?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.