Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 145.
#6051 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

OMG, I want to order one of these. After playing it, and reading along this damn thread i'm getting moist just thinking about it, damn. Anyone want to fire me off an envelope full of money?

You’re like 6 months away from build date so you could save up some. 50A2C3D0-806E-48B7-86C7-115F84627571 (resized).jpeg

#6052 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

i'm getting moist just thinking about it

Because you have "dude" in your username, I have to say...

word_means_meme (resized).png

#6053 1 year ago

I have to say: TNA is one of the most challenging games I have ever played. It’s brutally fast and makes you play well. I sold Iron Man because it was kicking my ass - I hated how you had to “start over” all of your modes whenever you drained a ball. But the gameplay design/code in TNA makes me just want to play more. It has helped me to improve my playing quite a bit. I’m embarrassed to say how many games are on my TNA after just a few weeks. Kudos to Scott Danesi for designing and Spooky for taking the chance to build this unique throwback (to the future) game!
Trust me -it’s worth the wait!

#6054 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You’re like 6 months away from build date so you could save up some.

Six months? I put down a deposit 3 months ago. About 50 games have shipped in that time. Only 185 more to go until my game and I doubt that's happening in the next 3 months.

Worth the wait though.

#6055 1 year ago

Ha yup unless they seriously ramp things up that’s not a realistic time frame. I’m on month 8 and still waiting for my payment request for #169. Worth the wait though, and I appreciate the craftsmanship Spooky puts into their games.

#6056 1 year ago

Just got an email asking for build config confirmation - #167 on the line in a few weeks.

#6057 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just got an email asking for build config confirmation - #167 on the line in a few weeks.

Where's my email?!?!?!?
/sarc
But kinda serious

#6058 1 year ago

Niiiiiiice! I'm #165, so any time now.

I imagine it varies based on butter/non-butter as well.

#6059 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

That’s what they told me, #152 butter I’m still not in production.

#6060 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Also depends on your distributor C'mon pinballstar !!

#6061 1 year ago

Aight! #128 delivered last night. Saia wasn't keen on getting me the game on Friday - I sat in my parking lot until 7p when they updated their tracking to say that they are lame and hate fun. A super bummer, we had 50 people come through looking to get that new game smell.

I'm officially moving over to the Club thread. I hope all of you get your games quick! TNA is a total winner in our book, well worth the wait.

Obligatory beer photo...

Cheers!

IMG_9378 (resized).JPG

#6062 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I ordered directly by phone

#6063 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Joe is my dude on this one too.

#6064 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

He mentioned he was buried after Allentown a couple weekends ago. I'm just busting his balls

#6065 1 year ago

#151 on the line and invoice paid!

#6067 1 year ago

Update #160 is being built now and I just paid my invoice. So that is where we're at!

-Jim

#6068 1 year ago

Ah so close. 9 more to go for me!

#6069 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

#151 on the line and invoice paid!

Quoted from jim5six:

Update #160 is being built now and I just paid my invoice. So that is where we're at!
-Jim

Confirmed. I received my invoice for #157.

#6070 1 year ago

Invoice for #149 was just paid.

#6071 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Set mine up at home ... decided to make it a bit spicy ....

Drop that pitch back down. Your making it easier. Outlanes becomes safer and it’s easier to trap the ball. It’s not easy at all to trap up on ours. I’ve seen some people make it real steep and it makes trapping way safer.

#6072 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Drop that pitch back down. Your making it easier. Outlanes becomes safer and it’s easier to trap the ball. It’s not easy at all to trap up on ours. I’ve seen some people make it real steep and it makes trapping way safer.

Ha! So refreshing to see someone else say this. I've been telling others this for years and I usually get a look or response saying "huh?"

#6073 1 year ago

#153 on the line, and invoice paid in full!

#6074 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Joe rocks... I’ve bought multiple games from him. Even drove up to his office to pick up my WOZ. Quality guy. He’ll get you guys taken care of.

#6075 1 year ago

Interesting topic. Definitely less side to side with a steeper angle, but steeper means faster and you need faster reflexes. I’m still not convinced the angle of the pf affects ability to trap since trapping is affected more by the flipper throw/movement.

#6076 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Interesting topic. Definitely less side to side with a steeper angle, but steeper means faster and you need faster reflexes. I’m still not convinced the angle of the pf affects ability to trap since trapping is affected more by the flipper throw/movement.

Agreed

#6077 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ha! So refreshing to see someone else say this. I've been telling others this for years and I usually get a look or response saying "huh?"

It all depends on the game.

I don’t think Josh Sharpe puts all the IFPA competition games up to max height to make it easier ....

rd

#6078 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

With the setup of this game the speed isn’t coming from the pitch of the game. Most crazy action is coming from the slings, that fast scoop and the crazy pop bumpers. Those actions keep you on your toes. Smacking the ball off the center 3 bank of targets comes flying back crazy fast as well regardless of the angle. 1.5 degrees isn’t changing much in speed of ball at that point. Try playing it with the angle down and see how much easier it is to trap when it’s up. With less side to side the ball settles way easier in a trap.

#6079 1 year ago

With the setup of this game the speed isn’t coming from the pitch of the game. Most crazy action is coming from the slings, that fast scoop and the crazy pop bumpers. Those actions keep you on your toes. Smacking the ball off the center 3 bank of targets comes flying back crazy fast as well regardless of the angle. 1.5 degrees isn’t changing much in speed of ball at that point. Try playing it with the angle down and see how much easier it is to trap when it’s up. With less side to side the ball settles way easier in a trap.

agreed 100%.

A good test to see if you have the game set up at the proper pitch is to see if you can appropriately make the secret skill shot.

I think at this stage it is safe to share what this is for those that have not figured it out.

Full plunge through spinner, deadbounce off left flipper, and immediate right flip back hand to drop targets. If you pitch your game too high this can become difficult.

#6080 1 year ago

got my final invoice for 163 today!!

#6081 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Full plunge through spinner, deadbounce off left flipper, and immediate right flip back hand to drop targets. If you pitch your game too high this can become difficult.

So another reason higher pitch makes it more difficult.

#6082 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Final invoice paid for 225 paid!

Don’t get too excited... I requested it lol. Just have to pay off some upgrades and shipping now.

#6083 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I should have said "impossible"

It is already a difficult thing to do and takes really good timing. I was just pointing out that this is a feature of the game design and have found a pitch between 6.5 and 7.2 to be a good range for this to work on most games.

It is also a really fun shot when you get it down

#6084 1 year ago

I got my notice for #165 today. I'm traveling through the weekend, so payment goes out Monday!

#6085 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

stoked for you!

Actually, stoked for everyone getting their TNA! I love how these keep going out in batches and people are all so pumped to get them!

#6086 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haha.

As previously mentioned, this game has lots of side to side from the pop and the slings, pitching it higher isn’t going to make it easier. Ball going faster hitting pop = ball going faster off the pop.

I follow the theory of higher pitch lessening side to side action - on some games.

Like I said before, it is all game dependant. I would doubt any of my pins are set up at the same pitch, they’re all different.

Like BM66 - at 6.5 its too easy. At 7.5, it turns into a drain monster and the ball slams off the right sling like a rocket into the metal side rail and you’re history. You could see that on the recent PAPA Circuit final stream in Chicago. Bam - drain. Bam - drain.

rd

#6087 1 year ago

OMG! OMG! They’re here! Austria has two TNAs

CE880639-556F-4913-BDAD-D8B468FE0128 (resized).jpeg

AC3760CF-76CD-4921-AFA5-5C4D3B4727E0 (resized).jpeg

53E4CBE8-03A0-409E-A199-5955DCB6F236 (resized).jpeg

#6088 1 year ago

Born on March 22. Wow, takes a long time to travel to Austria. Congrats.

#6089 1 year ago
Quoted from mayuh:

OMG! OMG! They’re here! Austria has two TNAs

Be sure to update that software!!!
--Scott

#6090 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

What is the current update # ?

#6091 1 year ago

--Scott

Woo hoo, my first update. Link?

#6092 1 year ago

Current update is 1.2.0, sorry that comment was meant for mayuh as his machines were built back in March.
--Scott

#6093 1 year ago

Pondering selling my deposit for TNA #226. The tax man was pretty rough on me this year and took a bite out of my fun money. Think $1500 could convince me to do so. PM me if interested. Original eta was April I ordered in November.

#6094 1 year ago

--Scott

Haha! Like yelling “Fire!” in a crowded theater.

#6095 1 year ago

Current update is 1.2.0, sorry that comment was meant for mayuh as his machines were built back in March.
--Scott

Is there a way to save high scores and settings when installing an update?

#6096 1 year ago

loaded...

IMG_0185(2) (resized).JPG

#6097 1 year ago

TNA now at Kickback Pinball Cafe in Pittsburgh, PA!

EEA935C4-E324-48F2-9FFE-9AA0E3538A2D (resized).jpeg

#6098 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think putting in a blank usb does an audit backup but not sure on restoring

#6099 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

They get automatically backed up to the USB when updating, but do not get restored. Sorry.
--Scott

#6100 1 year ago

They get automatically backed up to the USB when updating, but do not get restored. Sorry.
--Scott

Scott - no apologies!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
5,035 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Warsaw, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside