Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 145.
#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

despite your inexperience with either game in a route setting and desire to troll and disparage me constantly, both statements are in fact very true. The Alien I had was built very well (aside from light board design). The TNA I have is built even better.

I know someone with a Full Throttle who said it was the worst reliable pin he’d ever owned and practically un fixable might have been light board issue not sure.

#6003 5 years ago

Nice looking house. Theater is eating too much space though

#6004 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The Alien I had was solid and I had it running on route for a long time with few issues.

Most people are well aware of your biased opinions concerning games that you own or have owned and your history with Andrew Heighway.

People can contrast your "story" with a dedicated thread of Heighway problems and issues by genuine and concerned owners.

Here is the link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien

Quoted from Whysnow:

Stop trying to be a Kim

I'm not perfect but I will proudy take my name and reputation over Hilton's any day.

#6005 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Does it include TNA?"

No.

#6006 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Nice looking house. Theater is eating too much space though

Most people say that about the pool table.

#6007 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Most people say that about the pool table.

This is your place? If I were in the market, I'd be looking!

#6008 5 years ago

Yep.

#6009 5 years ago

Beautiful house,great view in backyard too!
-Mike

#6010 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Does it include TNA?"

and-for-that-reason-im-out (resized).jpgand-for-that-reason-im-out (resized).jpg

#6011 5 years ago

Nice place! I could get so much more house if I didn’t live in the northeast.

#6012 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Rascal_H I think I bought your Foxy Lady a few years back?

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

rascal_h I think I bought your Foxy Lady a few years back?

Yep! Want to sell it back? Haha.

Think I’m going to ask for another invoice to finish paying for my TNA... just do it feels closer.

#6014 5 years ago

Hope all is well. I am keeping FL great little game.. TNA is great. Talk soon!

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yep! Want to sell it back? Haha.
Think I’m going to ask for another invoice to finish paying for my TNA... just do it feels closer.

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks! I'll miss it for sure. It's near Madison, but far enough away that it's still a really affordable place to live. We're moving about 30 minutes North due to our jobs and schools, and the cost nearer Madison is pretty insane (not nearly as bad as some parts of the country, though). If life circumstances were different, I'd be staying put.

#6016 5 years ago

Thanks! I'll miss it for sure. It's near Madison, but far enough away that it's still a really affordable place to live. We're moving about 30 minutes North due to our jobs and schools, and the cost nearer Madison is pretty insane (not nearly as bad as some parts of the country, though). If life circumstances were different, I'd be staying put.

Very nice house - Milton school district is amazing but you must be right on the border of another district.

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Very nice house - Milton school district is amazing but you must be right on the border of another district.

We're technically Milton Township, which is Edgerton schools, but our neighbors are enrolled in Milton. The issue for us is that we both work in Madison (I'm downtown, and my wife on the far East side). To drop the kids off in Milton would be 30 minutes out of our way, and then we're about an hour away from them if something were to happen. When they get into activities and such it would complicate things even more.

It was a tough call, but ultimately we needed to decide what was best for our family. My wife alone will be saving 7 full 24hour days in commute a year(!) - and that's just straight commute to work, which doesn't even consider that 30 minutes to drop off kids. I'll be saving about 4 days a year. It's just crazy to think about how much time we spend in the car. We're giving up some things like the private yard and what turned out to be a practically ideal basement, but at least I'm closer to route pinball, and I'm getting back some of my time!

#6018 5 years ago

We're giving up some things like the private yard and what turned out to be a practically ideal basement, but at least I'm closer to route pinball, and I'm getting back some of my time!

Yeah the market is on fire here. I feel fortunate for finally getting place *only* 14k over list.

Also RE: Madison, despite how people might feel about him online, Hilton has done a great job FLOODING Madison with location pinball. I like to joke that he "stores his games in bars"

#6019 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah the market is on fire here. I feel fortunate for finally getting place *only* 14k over list.
Also RE: Madison, despite how people might feel about him online, Hilton has done a great job FLOODING Madison with location pinball. I like to joke that he "stores his games in bars"

With a LITTLE help from Sean and Garrett.

#6020 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

With a LITTLE help from Sean and Garrett.

with a LOT of help from Sean and Garrett!!!!

We are a great team and could only do this as a team! So much fun to be 1/3 of MP with those guys!!!!

#6021 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

where/what place did you end up grabbing? Glad for you!

I do store my games in bars! Lots of my personal games (and Sean and G) are what we have on route, but honestly I love sharing them with people!

#6022 5 years ago

Really happy to have Hilton, Sean, and Garrett in town. Hilton is the bastard that got me into this crazy hobby! I hate you... Part of the reason at least

#6023 5 years ago

Basically the Madison Pinball people find a bar then shove as many games as possible into it When it's full they find a new place.

It's a lot better than the old days of maybe a game or two at Rossi's Pizza.

#6024 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Basically the Madison Pinball people find a bar then shove as many games as possible into it When it's full they find a new place.
It's a lot better than the old days of maybe a game or two at Rossi's Pizza.

Rossi's Pizza...They've never taken the glass off of their Metallica...

#6025 5 years ago

Wait, the glass comes off?

#6026 5 years ago

I have 5 leds that are failing at producing green and therefore also white. What should I do ?

#6027 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I have 5 leds that are failing at producing green and therefore also white. What should I do ?

Contact your distributor and they should be able to take care of you.

#6028 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

You can order new leds from Spooky directly. When you first turn the game on, all the leds should be white. Please take a picture of this playfield so we can see which leds are the issue. If they are the single leds (which most are), then you can just purchase new ones and replace the failing ones. If they are on the 3x3 board (under the 3 stand-up targets by the scoop), then the board will have to be sent in for the leds to be replaced.

If you are the original purchaser of this machine, and it is still in the warranty period, then it is possible that they can be replaced at the cost of shipping only.

please email me [email protected] with the picture of your playfield and the serial number of your game.

Thank you

#6029 5 years ago

They are the single led boards. I just replaced with spares and works fine. Can I send you the bad ones ? What’s the cost of them ?

#6030 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

They are the single led boards. I just replaced with spares and works fine. Can I send you the bad ones ? What’s the cost of them ?

I will have to check with the parts department (Spooky KT) on monday and find out.

Glad to know the spares included did the trick for you.

#6031 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I will have to check with the parts department (Spooky KT) on monday and find out.
Glad to know the spares included did the trick for you.

It was 4 bad ones and 1 of the five spares bad for a total of 5 bad ones.

#6032 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

It was 4 bad ones and 1 of the five spares bad for a total of 5 bad ones.

yeah, you must have an earlier version. there was a batch of leds that came in that seemed to have an issue. it wasn't everyone, so it was hard to tell. that is why we have included a couple spares, just in case we missed one or two.

If you want to send KT an email directly, you can reach her at [email protected]

She can give you pricing and availability on spares. I just try to help out with tech support issues.

Now get off of Pinside and go enjoy your game!

#6033 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

yeah, you must have an earlier version. there was a batch of leds that came in that seemed to have an issue. it wasn't everyone, so it was hard to tell. that is why we have included a couple spares, just in case we missed one or two.
If you want to send KT an email directly, you can reach her at [email protected]
She can give you pricing and availability on spares. I just try to help out with tech support issues.
Now get off of Pinside and go enjoy your game!

Can’t enjoy them trying to figure out how to get a gi trigger from tna

#6034 5 years ago

currently dumping quarters into Whysnow machine at alt brew.

#6035 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

currently dumping quarters into Whysnow machine at alt brew.

I seriously just missed you. Text me next time you are coming and ill swing out to play.

#6036 5 years ago

Turned it on today and 3 more led failures ... that’s now 8 total. Here’s a picture.

18AFD433-720E-4978-BC77-AC21F9DEFDB5 (resized).jpeg18AFD433-720E-4978-BC77-AC21F9DEFDB5 (resized).jpeg

#6037 5 years ago

Restarted game after a few games and 2 of 3 started working in white again

#6038 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Restarted game after a few games and 2 of 3 started working in white again

You probably have a loose connection on one of the boards under the game. I had the same thing happen. I've only had one LED board fail and I've had the game on route since Feb.

#6039 5 years ago

I have the play field up and this is happening there. Swapping leds solves it. It’s purely the specific led as moving it to a diff spot causes same issue

#6040 5 years ago

Also tested voltage on rgb for the bulb at time of failure and it’s there

#6041 5 years ago

You might have had a very early game where a few weak LEDs made it into the game. Just contact [email protected].
--Scott

#6042 5 years ago

So quick update ... the lights turn white if you leave all leds on test mode to white for like five ten minutes. Then they work fine when warmed up

#6043 5 years ago

So ... finally my first two TnAs arrived in New Zealand!

3C36FE63-5CE8-47AD-873A-1BC564678418 (resized).jpeg3C36FE63-5CE8-47AD-873A-1BC564678418 (resized).jpeg

They left Benton back in February.

They went straight by Truck to my usual depot in Los Angeles. Arrived in around a week.

I had requested that they be put in the first possible container so they’d arrive in Auckland in time for the TnA Launch Party that I had organised for Friday March 9th as part of Pincade. I told the guys “the 2 Spooky Games - the ones in the boxes!”

So, the container leaves and duly arrives late - it’s unloaded ON THE DAY of the launch party! I’m down in Wellington running the first Pincade Competition with 75 competitors and just jumping on a plane to come back to Auckland to set up the TnAs for the launch party at 5pm.

I’d arranged for the freight guys to drop off the 2x boxed pins at the apartment. I get on the plane at 2pm —- land at 3pm to a text message from the Mrs “they are Bm66!!” Los Angeles had loaded two pins in a box alright ... 2x BM66 that I had bought for my buddies instead of the TnAs! Jeeeeeezzzuussss!

So we had to have a TnA launch Party with AMH and RZ instead. Everyone was pretty cool about it and the non TnA launch party went well.

So ... where were the TnAs?
“They aren’t at the depot!”
Ahhhhh I have a trucking docket that says they are.
“Noooo can’t find them”
Ahhhhh they’re worth $12,500 ... better find them!
So eventually the big boss of the outfit goes down the warehouse (think Indiana Jones...) and found them hiding behind a huge box of something.

So eventually they got here. One went straight to the carriers to be dropped down to Wellington to a very patient Hamish who has been ... very patient.

Set mine up at home ... decided to make it a bit spicy ....

5FBF7F8D-F3E9-4B8D-9E98-526237FA78AC (resized).png5FBF7F8D-F3E9-4B8D-9E98-526237FA78AC (resized).png

It still has the older code on it, but game one I got 2m and 3 reactors down. Then it was time to leave and get back to the city.

I’ll update the code Saturday, and there’ll be 60-70 people playing it at Sunday’s Macs Interstate Pinball Classic at my place! Nice!

rd

15519444-FAA7-48C7-B295-D17B4221BD90 (resized).jpeg15519444-FAA7-48C7-B295-D17B4221BD90 (resized).jpeg

6AF43147-0C7A-4A1D-9FA7-1E4B29183747 (resized).jpeg6AF43147-0C7A-4A1D-9FA7-1E4B29183747 (resized).jpeg

#6044 5 years ago

RD to I thought you were one that said it’s better to buy 6-8 old pins than one new pin? What happened?

#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

RD to I thought you were one that said it’s better to buy 6-8 old pins than one new pin? What happened?

This is true.

However I still buy new pins.

But not rip off LE ones anymore since the prices got jacked up.

rd

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

He’s already got all the old pins......

#6047 5 years ago

I just sold my LotR to make room for TNA, still waiting for my call but I’m in the very next batch (delayed because I ordered butter).

While LotR was on the doorstep of being sold, I get to playing it more and realize it is a great pin (code, call outs, DMD, ramps all great) but that it just wasn’t going to get played that often (I found the same thing when I sold my STLE) great game but just didn’t get me wanting to keep hitting start.

It’s always sad to sell a pin but the last four to leave covered (or almost covered) their replacement pins.

SM = LotR
XMLE = TWD pro
STLE = RR Woz
LotR = TNA

That’s great thing about this hobby, I don’t trade nearly as often as some guys who may have over 50 pins in a 5 pin collection when I have maybe 20 different pins in a 10 pin collection.

#6048 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

XMLE = TWD pro
STLE = RR Woz
LotR = TNA

All good upgrades, I feel. I love Lord of the Rings. It's such a great game, but it was to the point where any time I pressed start, I was there for 45 minutes. I sold it to a friend so I can still see it often, but eventually I let it go to get something with a major change of pace.

#6049 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

All good upgrades, I feel. I love Lord of the Rings. It's such a great game, but it was to the point where any time I pressed start, I was there for 45 minutes. I sold it to a friend so I can still see it often, but eventually I let it go to get something with a major change of pace.

Thanks, once I put a frozen pizza in the oven and set my phone timer to 20 minutes and by mistake started a game of LotR. Now I’m not that good so most of my games were 5-10 minutes. Wouldn’t you know it, that game was going so great that I had to decide between the pizza and the ball I was playing.

To be fair SM and some other pins I own are also a quite long game games, it could have happened on any pin, but that old Murphy's law you know it was going to be LotR that this happened on.

#6050 5 years ago

OMG, I want to order one of these. After playing it, and reading along this damn thread i'm getting moist just thinking about it, damn. Anyone want to fire me off an envelope full of money?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/121?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.