Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 145.
#5901 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

2: STDM from the scoop a good few times

Try the medium scoop processing speed.

#5902 5 years ago

Processing speed may help this, basically, it is the time it allows the ball to settle in the scoop before firing out, but it is slightly not as fun.

In future releases, I may make this a number in milliseconds that is adjustable so people can fine tune this. Right now, it should save the ball if it detects a SDTM shot.

#5903 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, did it arrive? Any unboxing pics of you are too busy playing?

Kinda disappointed in the shipping company but yes, TNA has landed. I was given a delivery window between 8AM to 5PM and of course they arrived shortly after 6PM. Poor communication from them also.
The box was suspicious as you can see so I had the driver wait as I unboxed it to inspect. Game survived just fine even though some of the internal packaging was pierced nearly all of the way down. I don't recall ever receiving a NIB with damage up so high like this or to this extent. The box was clearly manhandled and SAIA Freight sucks IMO.

But the machine survived and its beautiful. I had just enough time to set it up and play a couple of quick games before running out for the night. I found some minor issues during pre-check that I easily corrected and so far, everything seems fine. - Thanks Spooky.

zzzz20180504_180736 (resized).jpgzzzz20180504_180736 (resized).jpg
zzzz20180504_180741 (resized).jpgzzzz20180504_180741 (resized).jpg

#5904 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Kinda disappointed in the shipping company but yes, TNA has landed. I was given a delivery window between 8AM to 5PM and of course they arrived shortly after 6PM. Poor communication from them also.
The box was suspicious as you can see so I had the driver wait as I unboxed it to inspect. Game survived just fine even though some of the internal packaging was pierced nearly all of the way down. I don't recall ever receiving a NIB with damage up so high like this or to this extent. The box was clearly manhandled and SAIA Freight sucks IMO.
But the machine survived and its beautiful. I had just enough time to set it up and play a couple of quick games before running out for the night. I found some minor issues during pre-check that I easily corrected and so far, everything seems fine. - Thanks Spooky.

Mine came FEDEX freight... no box damage, but they also gave me a 9-5 window on a weekday... then called right around 5 to tell me they couldn’t make it.

They gave me another window of 9-2 for the next day, and showed at 1:50. Lol

You can’t win with shipping companies - it’s like waiting for the cable guy.

Props to Spooky for the two layers of protective wrap on the game.... I’ve unboxed both Stern and JJP games, and this is my favorite packing method (have a tight doorway into my basement and the tight protective wrap saved me a few extra prep steps to getting the game through the doorway).

#5905 5 years ago

Interesting as that big hole in the box is just above the word "FRAGILE!".

#5906 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Interesting as that big hole in the box is just above the word "FRAGILE!".

The guys who handle this stuff behind the scenes just don't give a crap. Spooky and the delivery driver are the public faces of these deliveries but somewhere along it's travels there is a warehouse guy who is no better than the guy at McDonald's that puts 5 oz of ketchup on one burger. Not to mention that the companies probably don't provide time for them to handle it carefully. Stuff I see behind the scenes at work makes me want to do all my deliveries in person instead of using any shipping company. Unfortunately that isn't always cost or time effective.

#5907 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Kinda disappointed in the shipping company ...
The box was suspicious as you can see so I had the driver wait as I unboxed it to inspect. Game survived just fine even though some of the internal packaging was pierced nearly all of the way down...

My box for #124 on Thursday was just as bad but TNA was so well packed that there wasn’t a scratch on her. Fededx freight also.

#5908 5 years ago

Good thing I'm close enough that I can pick mine up and say hi to Charlie..

#5909 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

the guy at McDonald's that puts 5 oz of ketchup on one burger.

Way better than that special sauce crap.

#5910 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Way better than that special sauce crap.

True. My doctor told me to stay away. Probably good advice.

#5911 5 years ago

I was very impressed by the packaging that I got on my TNA, easily the best in the industry.

#5912 5 years ago

Well, I didn't mean to bring this thread down with my shipping story. Shit happens. And I agree, Spooky prepped my machine very well for those warehouse orangutans

So, to bring this thread back on happy note, be advised. I just now got done kicking Rob Anthony's ass on my machine. I destroyed him and a reactor too.
We had an absolute blast on this game and I see it lasting for a long time in my collection.

Please be sure and tell Rob that you read about him on Pinside.

#5913 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well, I didn't mean to bring this thread down with my shipping story. Shit happens.

It didn't bring me down at all.

In fact quite the opposite as I had a vision yesterday of mine showing up next week with about the same size hole and nearly in the same location. So now the odds are with me that there is a good chance there won't be as my vision was obviously about yours.

Weird eh?

#5914 5 years ago

I agree with the great packaging. My box had a few worn edges but was delivered damage free and 15 minutes after the window opened. Lucky I guess! Has a few issues but quickly addressed by spooky. I’d like to claim to be the first licensed nuclear reactor operator to own a TNA and meltdown the things I’m supposed to protect! So much better than the ones I’ve played on location.

#5915 5 years ago

0CC1F01D-6C69-47EB-9343-2BB4D92CB6CC (resized).jpeg0CC1F01D-6C69-47EB-9343-2BB4D92CB6CC (resized).jpeg

#5916 5 years ago

Hypothetically... what’s the protocol if you to discover the cabinet has a huge hole from a forklift or something? Attempt to refuse shipment? Accept the shipment and document all the damage to alert Spooky?

#5917 5 years ago

Definitely refuse shipment. Spooky outlines it on the box. This is then covered 100% by insurance. Sucks for you, but no questions asked.

#5918 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had a vision yesterday of mine showing up next week with about the same size hole and nearly in the same location.

I thought you paid for the “NP Plaid Glove” delivery service?
No EXTRA holes from terminal, guaranteed!

#5919 5 years ago

Rumor mill has it if you buy from kingpin games you can pay for Chris and bangerjay to deliver for an extra fee. I’m not sure if both arrive wearing lime green mankini thong style attire or if it’s just Jay. No worries of forklift damage but it may require several strong drinks and several therapy sessions to get those images out of your mind

#5920 5 years ago

Or just get free shipping for military vets, a fact I forgot about...The others are just added perks!

#5921 5 years ago

Looks like TNA is now on location at Lyman's Tavern in DC.

#5922 5 years ago

Is the LCD screen adjustable. Brightness,color etc??

#5923 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Rumor mill has it if you buy from kingpin games you can pay for Chris and bangerjay to deliver for an extra fee. I’m not sure if both arrive wearing lime green mankini thong style attire or if it’s just Jay. No worries of forklift damage but it may require several strong drinks and several therapy sessions to get those images out of your mind

It's just Jay.

#5924 5 years ago

Well there you have it only one grown man in the thong attire. Maybe Chrisnwill stick with the ultra small shirts.

Either way you won’t encounter any forklift damage.

#5925 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is the LCD screen adjustable. Brightness,color etc??

Yes.

#5926 5 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I’d like to claim to be the first licensed nuclear reactor operator to own a TNA and meltdown the things I’m supposed to protect!

So you’re a nuclear reactor operator and you don’t have TSPP in your collection? Doh!!

#5927 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

So you’re a nuclear reactor operator and you don’t have TSPP in your collection? Doh!!

I am a living, mouth breathing Homer Simpson...

#5928 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I had some issues today.
1: When the shaker started I got a load of noise through the amp?
2: STDM from the scoop a good few times
3: pop bumper not as sensitive as I think it should be?
1+3 I will check the cabling and switches but anyone had 2 and what did you do about it?
Neil.

#1 I had the same issue with mine. I got a replacement audio cable from Spooky but even then it was occasionally making a horrible shorting sound through the speakers. Traced it to the audio input on the amplifier on the bottom right of the cabinet. Make sure the cable is fully inserted and runs straight into the jack, no bend at all. I used a zip tie to secure it to the cable bundle running along the right edge of the cabinet and no issues since. Similar issue can occur with the audio jack on the back of the monitor. Make sure the cable runs straight into it with no bends or tension on it.

#2 is your game level side-to-side? If so, you might try adjusting the coil strength for the left scoop up or down a few notches (probably up).

#3 try cleaning the switch under the pop bumper by running a old business card between the leafs while holding them together. Might be a little oil or something on it from manufacturing.

#5929 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I played this at Atlantic Trap and Gill in Calgary last weekend, I played about 8 games, that thing kicked my ass, I loved it!!! Hit about 665,000 and I was pretty proud of that since a bad game can net you about 23,000 lol. Awesome sound, loved the depth to hearing the music, I almost found myself tapping my foot non-stop to the beat.

That's my baby at the Trap and Gill! Glad you liked it.

I hauled it up to Yegpin in Edmonton for the Western Canadian Pinball Championships tournament this weekend and it was very well received. Game was setup really friggin' mean too. I love how you can tweak the difficulty so easily by adjusting the sling, pop coil strength ever so slightly, and of course, ball save timeouts.

I was kind of worried that because most players have not had much time on it yet that it might go unpicked in the finals round but the opposite was true and it was in heavy rotation.

#5930 5 years ago

For the Yegpin Western Canadian Pinball Championship I was playing that TNA exclusively. I'm not much of a tournament guy so I was just happy there was something decent to play with my VIP tickets.

That TNA was set up really mean! My absolute best score was less than 300,000!

Thanks for bringing that up here for us to play!

#5931 5 years ago

Got notification today that game #150 is hitting the line this week!

#5932 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

That's great news!

#5933 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Nice! I'm close behind you at #157 so things seem to be moving nicely!

#5934 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

#151 here...holy smokes am I really that close now!?!

#5935 5 years ago

HOOKEDONPINBALL’s TNA SIDE RAIL LIGHTING KIT is amazing looking in a dark setting.. A must have!

#5936 5 years ago

I inquired about getting the mesh installed with the lighted speaker panels while the game is being built and was told that is standard procedure.

I imagine #139 will be here any day now. It takes a lot to get me excited, but I'm feeling it now.

#5937 5 years ago

The wait is over! My #149 will be done by the end of this week.

#5938 5 years ago

Where? I feel like I went through every menu but I must have missed it. Thanks

#5939 5 years ago

Hopefully i'm in this batch that people are talking about. I won't try to get excited until I get my email though. I don't like to get overly excited lol.
*checks email every 3 minutes*

#5940 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Where? I feel like I went through every menu but I must have missed it. Thanks

You have to remove the backglass and then the speaker panel, where the monitor is mounted. There are tiny buttons on the back of the monitor that allow adjustments for brightness, contrast and gamma.

#5941 5 years ago

It's been 9 months since I sent a deposit in August 2017. I'd have to see when production for the game actually started, but I want to say the first machine was delivered within the next few weeks to Ed Robertson's.

#5942 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's been 9 months since I sent a deposit in August 2017. I'd have to see when production for the game actually started, but I want to say the first machine was delivered within the next few weeks to Ed Robertson's.

Late Sept I received game #2 (right after MRP)
It may have been the first weekend in Oct once I had it on route.

(memory is foggy but that is pretty close)

So 7 months since the first ones left the factory and now we are 150 deep. Looks like Spooky is averaging 21 built per month (through multiple shows also and initial production stuff) so that is pretty good. That would mean #420 should be getting built about this time next year

I would guess that number gets closer to 30 per month now that show season is closing, ACNC will be busy with refinement/ almost sold out?, and it is crank out the game time.

#5943 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hopefully i'm in this batch that people are talking about. I won't try to get excited until I get my email though. I don't like to get overly excited lol.
*checks email every 3 minutes*

If they stuck to the 25 at a time - 150 is probably the cap so we will have a few weeks yet...

#5944 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If they stuck to the 25 at a time - 150 is probably the cap so we will have a few weeks yet...

But they did produce "out of order" so there may be a chance...???????

#5945 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I was thinking that initially as well, but they have built some out of order (butter cabs, ops, shows) so the 150 number is not indicative of being the last of 25.

My 174 is getting close for me.

#5946 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was thinking that initially as well, but they have built some out of order (butter cabs, ops, shows) so the 150 number is not indicative of being the last of 25.
My 174 is getting close for me.

I do think we will be in the next batch of "pay your balance" emails that go out. And that means at least 2 weeks till they ship from that point.

#5947 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

HOOKEDONPINBALL’s TNA SIDE RAIL LIGHTING KIT is amazing looking in a dark setting.. A must have!

How did you route the wires?

#5948 5 years ago

Oh man. We're getting real close to #165. Trying to contain my excitement, but I'm headed for a hype meltdown.

#5949 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How did you route the wires?

My wires are run to the front of the machine and go over the cab right in front of the black plastic glass receiver piece. I then put a small piece of tape over the wire for added protection. It does not interfere with the glass or the lockdown bar. It is a 10 minute job with proper tools and a plan.

#5950 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My wires are run to the front of the machine and go over the cab right in front of the black plastic glass receiver piece. I then put a small piece of tape over the wire for added protection. It does not interfere with the glass or the lockdown bar. It is a 10 minute job with proper tools and a plan.

A picture would be greatly appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/119?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.