Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 145.
#5851 5 years ago

#115 just started swimming happily across the Atlantic ocean

#5852 5 years ago

Final payment went thru fine, and I believe #139 is now on the line!

Hey, look at that, I made a rhyme.

#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That feeling must be sublime.

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Final payment went thru fine, and I believe #139 is now on the line

Good. They will be in the 140’s soon. About how long once the game goes on the line till it then is ready to be shipped?

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from jar155:

That feeling must be sublime.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good. They will be in the 140’s soon. About how long once the game goes on the line till it then is ready to be shipped?

Moderators always have to kill the fun.

#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

About how long once the game goes on the line till it then is ready to be shipped?

Just take a nice long nap and it will probably be at your doorstep in no time.

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

2 weeks...

Sorry, i could not help myself...

#5858 5 years ago

#126 has landed... safely in the gameroom and ready to be setup (hopefully tonight!). As far as I can tell - made the trip in style!

14F8EC54-67CD-4767-8A8A-A4BA173B234E (resized).jpeg14F8EC54-67CD-4767-8A8A-A4BA173B234E (resized).jpeg
C04684C7-04B7-4787-B252-2180B193C38D (resized).jpegC04684C7-04B7-4787-B252-2180B193C38D (resized).jpeg
41D4C780-D66C-4436-99E9-D9AC78607A2C (resized).jpeg41D4C780-D66C-4436-99E9-D9AC78607A2C (resized).jpeg

#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

#126 has landed... safely in the gameroom and ready to be setup (hopefully tonight!). As far as I can tell - made the trip in style!

wow super exciting! Enjoy!

#5860 5 years ago

It seems like they've been on 130-140's for like a month now. Ugh... this wait is a killer.

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It seems like they've been on 130-140's for like a month now. Ugh... this wait is a killer.

My enthusiasm for this game used to be so high but the wait is killing it. Thought when Spooky broke 100 things were going to start moving faster.

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

We can help you unbox that beauty at the Ramada party room. lol.

#5863 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My enthusiasm for this game used to be so high but the wait is killing it. Thought when Spooky broke 100 things were going to start moving faster.

Play some pinball! The more you sit around "waiting", the worse it'll be. You'll get your game! It'll be in your hands before you know it. Yes waiting does suck, but I try not to think about it or let it ruin my enjoyment of the hobby.

#5864 5 years ago

Funny, the wait hasn't bothered me at all. I just know soon I will be receiving the most amazing new game in years, and that is good enough for me.

#5865 5 years ago

So I keep seeing talk of playfield protectors for games. Anyone doing something like this for TNA? I plan on owning it for a long time, but Im not an operator so it wont be on location. Would one be necessary?

#5866 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My enthusiasm for this game used to be so high but the wait is killing it.

I hope this doesn't become the trend over the next 6 months. Newer current releases & long wait times tend to distract customers.

From an owner, all I can say is TNA is 100% legit & worth the wait. I feel that anyone bailing on their spot due to impatience will end up regretting their decision. The hype & praise are well deserved on this title.

All good things come to those who wait

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

So I keep seeing talk of playfield protectors for games. Anyone doing something like this for TNA? I plan on owning it for a long time, but Im not an operator so it wont be on location. Would one be necessary?

Spooky has the best clearcoat in the biz. I would never use a PF protector on their games. (actually I wouldn't ever use one on a new game, period)

#5868 5 years ago

Just my opinion: No. play it. Enjoy it. Let it age. Gives it character!

#5869 5 years ago

I believe today is the day that #128 gets on the truck leaving Spookyville headed to Monterey Flipper Pinball.

We are Suuuuuper excited for its arrival. We purchased a special beer for our unboxing event - Shred Stick Annihilation - a collaboration with our very own local brewery Alvarado Street and Brooklyn’s Other Half. This beer was only released in Brooklyn, and took some effort to find.

We wanted to share our excitement with both Spooky and Scott. So, today we are shipping to both Team Spooky and Awesome Danesi one each of these special beers along with 3 other fresh Alvarado releases.

We hope to unbox TNA next Friday, then pack it up the following week to share it at the Golden State Pinball Festival.

Game on!

758048B4-6A5F-4C38-A7F0-E6E8F42CCD08 (resized).jpeg758048B4-6A5F-4C38-A7F0-E6E8F42CCD08 (resized).jpeg

#5870 5 years ago

I played a DI with PF protector and it was noticeable and not a good look because it was not clear or picked up dirt in such a way that you could see that it was a PF cover.

I’d not bother with it even on route game imo

#5871 5 years ago

So.... #126 playing great. Knocked out a reactor in game 2. Looking forward to many battles with this machine!

#5872 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So.... #126 playing great. Knocked out a reactor in game 2. Looking forward to many battles with this machine!

As someone who will play this primarily as a single player game, I'm interested to hear how you do with it as I believe you're in a similar boat. It's the only thing that worries me about it.

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Spooky has the best clearcoat in the biz. I would never use a PF protector on their games. (actually I wouldn't ever use one on a new game, period)

Thanks for the advice!

#5874 5 years ago

I put all my games on location, so they almost all have protectors. They don't have any for this game. I wouldn't be worried though, clean it/wax it & change balls and rubbers on a regular basis and you'll be fine. Since it's from spooky and it's using p-roc, I'm not concerned about future issues. Just saw today that all the post sleeves are worn down to the metal post itself.... Time to change. Still dimples like any other game, just nowhere near as bad as sterns do.

I'd put some mylar or something on the shooter lane Or wait for cliff, he's sending me some test stuff for the shooter lane.

#5875 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As someone who will play this primarily as a single player game, I'm interested to hear how you do with it as I believe you're in a similar boat. It's the only thing that worries me about it.

It’s going to get mixed use here... I see zero issue with it as a single player, tho. Lots of challenge to conquer!

#5876 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not sure why single player is concerning. If you enjoy any brutal early SS games, this is right up your alley. I have Paragon and Flash Gordon, both brutal, both get a ton of plays. I would get more if they were available nearby and I had the space.

Deep rulesets don't equate to longevity. I actually get a little bored with long playing deep games.

#5877 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm not sure why single player is concerning. If you enjoy any brutal early SS games, this is right up your alley. I have Paragon and Flash Gordon, both brutal, both get a ton of plays. I would get more if they were available nearby and I had the space.
Deep rulesets don't equate to longevity. I actually get a little bored with long playing deep games.

It has nothing to do with long playing games - I don't like those either. It's the rule set - for example, MET isn't long playing but there are so many shots and a number of modes. That's the only hesitation as you have 1 "mode" you're continuously doing, and 1 MB. It's simple but effective no doubt. I just only play single player so it's even more on my radar b/c of that....

#5878 5 years ago

To add, it really depends on the style of pinball you like playing. It's not for everyone; it plays just as well single player, as it does multiplayer. I'm most looking forward to Co-Op mode to get my non-pinhead friends and family involved and paying attention to rulesets, albeit a simple one.

#5879 5 years ago

#124 in the house! Plays great. Installed shaker and knocker, came with mirrors, plastic protectors and speaker lights and grills. Destroyed reactor # 3 but had to go to class. Lots more play coming tomorrow!

D33C87AA-2F26-4094-8917-7E4A7AF48C7D (resized).jpegD33C87AA-2F26-4094-8917-7E4A7AF48C7D (resized).jpeg
D0625E92-B30A-4A81-9D6F-AF6E825A4DB6 (resized).jpegD0625E92-B30A-4A81-9D6F-AF6E825A4DB6 (resized).jpeg
899D2EFD-CFD3-4E54-BD42-E1FDFC92B1D4 (resized).jpeg899D2EFD-CFD3-4E54-BD42-E1FDFC92B1D4 (resized).jpeg

#5880 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It has nothing to do with long playing games - I don't like those either. It's the rule set - for example, MET isn't long playing but there are so many shots and a number of modes. That's the only hesitation as you have 1 "mode" you're continuously doing, and 1 MB. It's simple but effective no doubt. I just only play single player so it's even more on my radar b/c of that....

If you enjoy early SS games, you'll enjoy TNA.

#5881 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you enjoy early SS games, you'll enjoy TNA.

yeah I haven't played any early SS games so can't say but I did play TnA once and really enjoyed it. Again it's just the staying power which I'm prob not the best to attest to considering my attention span is limited to say the least. Bottom line, is this game was available to buy, I would have bought it already. Too bad it's taking so long to crank these out although Spooky might be on to something b/c as a video gamer, this reminds me A LOT like Nintendo - very limited supply to increase demand.

#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I got an email about an hour ago. #132 has been shipped just today. Margarine cab loaded with all the extra's available. Too soon for an ETA but maybe by the weekend I'll have my game?
I can't wait to get over my jealousy of all you early guys.

Congrats my friend! I'm jealous even though I shouldn't be too far behind you at #157.

#5883 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's the only thing that worries me about it.

29lz17 (resized).jpg29lz17 (resized).jpg

#5884 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah I haven't played any early SS games so can't say but I did play TnA once and really enjoyed it. Again it's just the staying power which I'm prob not the best to attest to considering my attention span is limited to say the least. Bottom line, is this game was available to buy, I would have bought it already. Too bad it's taking so long to crank these out although Spooky might be on to something b/c as a video gamer, this reminds me A LOT like Nintendo - very limited supply to increase demand.

I really dig pins that have repeatable goals... or one tough goal to achieve. You just have to embrace that style of play and enjoy the purity of it.

Besides... game gets old, just sell it and bring in something new!

#5885 5 years ago

Ben1981 and mine just arrived in Hamburg. Sitting in an container waiting to be unloaded... and shipped to Austria

I really have to thank KT here, who recommended a very nice and competent shipping company. So if you buy your TNA outside the US, Bruce is your man

#5887 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

mine is mostly single player, and its still a blast and hugely addictive. I find myself rushing home from work so I can get games in!

#5888 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

ben1981 and mine just arrived in Hamburg. Sitting in an container waiting to be unloaded... and shipped to Austria
I really have to thank KT here, who recommended a very nice and competent shipping company. So if you buy your TNA outside the US, Bruce is your man

Hmm, someone should be on a finders fee for Bruce and he certainly is the man.

Neil.

#5889 5 years ago

I got notice for delivery today.

zzzzz 55e5e8981d00006e00146800 (resized).jpegzzzzz 55e5e8981d00006e00146800 (resized).jpeg

#5890 5 years ago

YEGPIN (Edmonton Pinball & Arcade Expo) starts today!!!
There are going to be two TNA's there! I'm so excited, I've been up since 3:30! As soon as those doors open I will have to remember not to body check anyone between me and that game!!!!!!!

#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

YEGPIN (Edmonton Pinball & Arcade Expo) starts today!!!
There are going to be two TNA's there! I'm so excited, I've been up since 3:30! As soon as those doors open I will have to remember not to body check anyone between me and that game!!!!!!!

Report back when you get your number

#5892 5 years ago

Finally popped my TNA cherry last night!

This is probably the best multiplayer game I have played in a long time. I think the risk reward strategy is great on this game. Sadly, I was with a bunch of noobs so I didnt get a proper experience.

Cool game, well done scott.

#5893 5 years ago

Those worrying about single player please stop drinking the Pinside Kool-Aid. I have number 14 and still play it more than anything else. If this is your kind of game it won't get old. if you want your pinball machine to tell you a story go buy LOTR instead.

#5894 5 years ago

Yeah I find the game more fun in single player myself, but I'm fairly anti-social, plus I don't like having to wait for a turn even if it is only 30 seconds.

#5895 5 years ago

I played this at Atlantic Trap and Gill in Calgary last weekend, I played about 8 games, that thing kicked my ass, I loved it!!! Hit about 665,000 and I was pretty proud of that since a bad game can net you about 23,000 lol. Awesome sound, loved the depth to hearing the music, I almost found myself tapping my foot non-stop to the beat.

#5896 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I played this at Atlantic Trap and Gill in Calgary last weekend, I played about 8 games, that thing kicked my ass, I loved it!!! Hit about 665,000 and I was pretty proud of that since a bad game can net you about 23,000 lol. Awesome sound, loved the depth to hearing the music, I almost found myself tapping my foot non-stop to the beat.

I almost always take a few seconds to bob my head to the music. Never fails. I must do it subconsciously. All I can say is that this game will be loud when I get mine...

#5897 5 years ago

My buddy and I recently drove from Edmonton to Calgary (to the PinBar) just to play some new machines for the very first time. Here is how much of my money went into each of the new machines:
Houdini $2, AFMR $3, Pabst Can Crusher $2, Star Wars $3, GOTG $2, TNA >$25. It was definitely worth the $100 in gas just to try out TNA!

#5898 5 years ago

TNA is an AWESOME_ single player game for me. It teaches you a ton of shots. Puts a priority on ball control. And punishes you for the smallest error. It's a shotmakers game. A shoot gallery. With brilliant music and light show.

The further you get blowing up the reactors, the adrenaline rush increases. Stress rises. It's so much fun. I don't need a plot to enjoy a shooters game. Over and over, it doesn't get old.

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I got notice for delivery today

So, did it arrive? Any unboxing pics of you are too busy playing?

#5900 5 years ago

I had some issues today.

1: When the shaker started I got a load of noise through the amp?
2: STDM from the scoop a good few times
3: pop bumper not as sensitive as I think it should be?

1+3 I will check the cabling and switches but anyone had 2 and what did you do about it?

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/118?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.