Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 145.
#5751 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

picture please

This whole video is great, earplug info around 11:00 mark

#5752 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Game #153 here.
I am interested in adding the speaker kit to my build. Think I should I contact Kayte now, or just wait until she emails me about paying? Should be coming up pretty soon, I hope.

I’m #152 just added that to my order.

#5753 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

What was the price for the speaker kits?

$75 plus shipping to you or $95 installed at factory I believe.

#5754 5 years ago

I asked this on the other thread and hate to be redundant, but does having the speaker kit installed while the game is being built eliminate any of the stock parts?

#5755 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I asked this on the other thread and hate to be redundant, but does having the speaker kit installed while being built eliminate any of the stock parts?

I highly doubt it. Stock the speakers are just covered with speaker material (cloth).

#5756 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m #152 just added that to my order.

is it just me, or does waiting for the last 20-30 to come off the line before ours are ready to get made seem to be taking FOREVER!?!??!

Feels like the wait since ordering in August 2017 hasn't been too bad. But the last few weeks have been rough!! LOL

(just to clarify.....not bitching about Spooky.....just bitching about the elasticity of the perception of time when anticipating something amazing!)

#5757 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The earplug mod worked really well for my production machine though.

An earplug cut into quarters was too small. It wouldn't expand large enough to even hold itself in place. With half an earplug, it definitely helps. I can set the Settle time to 1000 and Sensitivity to 0, and the results are MUCH better. I still get some missed closures that I plan to investigate using an oscilloscope.

#5758 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I still get some missed closures that I plan to investigate using an oscilloscope.

...and to wrap it up, it seems that the Sensitivity setting does not get applied until after I reboot. On 29, I can bounce the plumb bob around a LOT without it registering. Change it to 0, and it is still very insensitive. Reboot, and it is now a hair trigger.

With it set to 1000 or 1500 Settle, 0 Sensitivity, an earplug, and a middle height, mine now feels "normal".

#5759 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...and to wrap it up, it seems that the Sensitivity setting does not get applied until after I reboot. On 29, I can bounce the plumb bob around a LOT without it registering. Change it to 0, and it is still very insensitive. Reboot, and it is now a hair trigger.
With it set to 1000 or 1500 Settle, 0 Sensitivity, an earplug, and a middle height, mine now feels "normal".

You are correct. This system setting only gets applied after a reboot. I need to update the documentation. Great catch.
--Scott

#5760 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You are correct. This system setting only gets applied after a reboot. I need to update the documentation. Great catch.
--Scott

Documentation? Alien owners, eat your heart out!

#5761 5 years ago

Does the knocker fire with extra balls or just replays?

#5762 5 years ago

Mine fires with extra balls, but it may be a setting to do so.

#5763 5 years ago

any of your guys who have installed the hookedonpinball lighted rails - did you have to screw through them for a couple of the screws?

Cheers,
Neil

#5764 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

any of your guys who have installed the hookedonpinball lighted rails - did you have to screw through them for a couple of the screws?
Cheers,
Neil

Yes I had to with mine. It was very easy.

#5765 5 years ago

did you line up the clear line?

Cheers,
Neil.

#5766 5 years ago

got it!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180421_7ad9eb3b21099a5482762a525020aeb4 (resized).jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180421_7ad9eb3b21099a5482762a525020aeb4 (resized).jpg

#5767 5 years ago

Just my notes from the Side Rails install which is really easy.

Removing the side rails is easy, a bunch of screws and 2 nut/bolts. Hardest part is that Spooky glue gun the flipper bolt so you have to get some of that out to turn the nut. Also easier if you loosen one of the screws on the flipper switch and rotate that out of the way.

When overlaying the lighted strip you do have to ensure that the lighted bit isn't going to be pierced by two screws, as two of them do go through the top plastic area. Its hard to get it wrong. Also worth connecting the power supply before so you can test easily. On my TNA the rear glass slot was tighter on one side which made threading the wire through on one side a bit hard. When I tightened it all up the screws the el-paper whine that you nearly always get with this stuff reduced quite a lot which was a nice bonus. Must have mod in my view

Neil.

#5768 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Removing the side rails is easy, a bunch of screws and 2 nut/bolts. Hardest part is that Spooky glue gun the flipper bolt so you have to get some of that out to turn the nut. Also easier if you loosen one of the screws on the flipper switch and rotate that out of the way.
When overlaying the lighted strip you do have to ensure that the lighted bit isn't going to be pierced by two screws, as two of them do go through the top plastic area. Its hard to get it wrong. Also worth connecting the power supply before so you can test easily. On my TNA the rear glass slot was tighter on one side which made threading the wire through on one side a bit hard. When I tightened it all up the screws the el-paper whine that you nearly always get with this stuff reduced quite a lot which was a nice bonus. Must have mod in my view
Neil.

Looks great.

#5769 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

The hooked rails look great, but they really should be pre-drilled. If you hit either the el panel, or the wire up the top, you’ll either ruin them, or I’m assuming there will be a nice current running through the screw and maybe the rail? I’ve cut these panels before and if you leave them unsealed where you cut them, you get a nice electric shock. Ok, it’s only 12v (?) but still a bit of a zap.

#5770 5 years ago

is it just me, or does waiting for the last 20-30 to come off the line before ours are ready to get made seem to be taking FOREVER!?!??!
Feels like the wait since ordering in August 2017 hasn't been too bad. But the last few weeks have been rough!! LOL
(just to clarify.....not bitching about Spooky.....just bitching about the elasticity of the perception of time when anticipating something amazing!)

It is not you, this batch has been extremely long. One of our customers is in it and complains about it endlessly.

#5771 5 years ago

can someone who has one give me exact height with the topper? Im thinking my basement ceiling is too low which means I have to figure this out with the wife.
Thanks goodness I already have my deposit in.

#5772 5 years ago

can someone who has one give me exact height with the topper? Im thinking my basement ceiling is too low which means I have to figure this out with the wife.
Thanks goodness I already have my deposit in.

74"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/64#post-3969298

Do you have other pins in your basement? If so, shouldn't be a problem. 74" is a low ceiling.

#5773 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

74"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/64#post-3969298
Do you have other pins in your basement? If so, shouldn't be a problem. 74" is a low ceiling.

I dont. This is my first pinball purchase. and no our ceiling stops at 70". Its good because we doubled our square footage and it's not taxable because of the height, but bad because no room for pinball downstairs. It's okay, It's gonna go in the room upstairs where me and my son play console games and lupin pachinko. I just wont be able to play late at night as it will wake him. Oh well. i plan on having it for a long long time so maybe one day Ill add on to the house.

#5774 5 years ago

I dont. This is my first pinball purchase. and no our ceiling stops at 70". Its good because we doubled our square footage and it's not taxable because of the height, but bad because no room for pinball downstairs. It's okay, It's gonna go in the room upstairs where me and my son play console games and lupin pachinko. I just wont be able to play late at night as it will wake him. Oh well. i plan on having it for a long long time so maybe one day Ill add on to the house.

A couple other options:

1) slightly shorter legs
2) remove the beacon

Congrats on the purchase!

#5775 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

A couple other options:
1) slightly shorter legs
2) remove the beacon
Congrats on the purchase!

Or if he has an exposed ceiling in the basement he might be able to fit the beacon right between the floor joists

#5776 5 years ago

I feel your pain. I was asked to pay in full on 3/21 (and did) and still haven't heard anything about shipping. No doubt due to ACNC. But I'm sure that they are being extra careful in setting these up and testing so it'll be worth the wait.

#5777 5 years ago

I'm beginning to think that I'm going to get my Tesla Model 3 before I get my TNA!

#5778 5 years ago

Does anyone have the measurements for this game with its head folded down? I'm mainly looking for the height (without legs).

#5779 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I'm beginning to think that I'm going to get my Tesla Model 3 before I get my TNA!

First world problems man

#5780 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My TNA will arrive in September

if the battery plant can start producing... you might be right...when did you order a Tesla 3?

But if no batteries I suggest a twin turbo V-6 with side pipes

tesla RT (resized).jpgtesla RT (resized).jpg

#5781 5 years ago

1st day order - April 1st 2016.
Nice model S conversion!

#5782 5 years ago

Just put my order in through Joe at Pinballstar. Game #327, estimated late summer, early fall. Can't wait.

#5783 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I feel your pain. I was asked to pay in full on 3/21 (and did) and still haven't heard anything about shipping. No doubt due to ACNC. But I'm sure that they are being extra careful in setting these up and testing so it'll be worth the wait.

There have been a lot of events lately too. TPF, MGC, etc. all demand attention and eat up man hours to prepare for and attend. Also, could be that some of the recent shipments have gone out to non-Pinsiders, so we haven't seen a report in the past few days of a specific number going out. If you got notice to pay up, isn't that generally a two to three week window? We're well beyond that, so it really can't be too long at this point.

#5784 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Just put my order in through Joe at Pinballstar. Game #327, estimated late summer, early fall. Can't wait.

Interesting, thought this one recently jumped over 400?

#5785 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sounds like it was through a distributor, so the distributor must have gotten on the list a while back.

#5786 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sometimes the buyers back out and spot becomes available.

Maybe the buyer wanted a game that would be released sooner like Iron Maiden for instastance. They could always go back to CNA later .

#5787 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sometimes the buyers back out and spot becomes available.
Maybe the buyer wanted a game that would be released sooner like Iron Maiden for instastance. They could always go back to CNA later .

nah, distributors often buy spares of hot games. In this case it is smart for distributors to commit for an additional game in cue every so often to ensure they can sell an earlier spot to a new customer. 1 of the benefits of using a distributor sometimes

#5788 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, distributors often buy spares of hot games. In this case it is smart for distributors to commit for an additional game in cue every so often to ensure they can sell an earlier spot to a new customer. 1 of the benefits of using a distributor sometimes

Sounds legit..

#5789 5 years ago

How are The playfields holding up as far as chips or dimples?

#5790 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No issues here on number 2.
Still looks fantastic! Best pf in the industry by far!

#5791 5 years ago

well I'm very close to pulling the trigger on getting this game......look forward to joining the club soon.

#5792 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No issues here on number 2.
Still looks fantastic! Best pf in the industry by far!

Good news.

#5793 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Mine has some slight dimples from flyers. Sometimes when I play, I have a ball pop up an hit the glass and drop back down. It's enough to be noticeable with good lighting.

My dialed in has the same marks after 1K plays. Probably I'm up to 300 plays on TNA. Except my TNA ball time is 1/10th my DILE ball time.

#5794 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

well I'm very close to pulling the trigger on getting this game......look forward to joining the club soon.

Lol you will sell it before it ships .....

#5795 5 years ago

I just got my notice.

TwoWeeks (resized).jpgTwoWeeks (resized).jpg

#5796 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just got my notice.

What's your number?!?!

#5797 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What's your number?!?!

Two Weeks!

The guy that gave up his spot asked me to keep it between him and myself, but it is under 150.

#5798 5 years ago

Still awaiting my shipping notice. #124.

#5799 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Still awaiting my shipping notice. #124.

It's been quiet around here. Thanks for the update.

#5800 5 years ago

Man, it really seems like the machines have been coming out a heck of a lot slower than anticipated. What gives?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/116?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.