Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 145.
#5452 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Any hints?
With such a great layout, seems like you could throw in a few modes, to quiet down the “it’s repitious”guys.

Dude, it already has a bunch of modes:
- complete the keypad mode
- shoot the left scoop to start reactor mode
- take the reactor critical mode
- blow the reactor mode
- plus the multiball jackpots are a hurry-up in that the targets will start to reset in a few seconds so you need to get the 2x, 3x, super quickly.

#5453 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Any hints?
With such a great layout, seems like you could throw in a few modes, to quiet down the “it’s repitious”guys.

I think if Scott does decide to do that it'd be nice if there was still an option at startup to play "classic" mode.

#5454 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Dude, it already has a bunch of modes:
- complete the keypad mode
- shoot the left scoop to start reactor mode
- take the reactor critical mode
- blow the reactor mode
- plus the multiball jackpots are a hurry-up in that the targets will start to reset in a few seconds so you need to get the 2x, 3x, super quickly.

There is also the risk/reward of building up the reactor jackpot before you destroy it. Then before doing that get multiball going and try to get the super jackpot/add a ball, then destroy the reactor for 4x. Nothing better than that!

#5455 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think if Scott does decide to do that it'd be nice if there was still an option at startup to play "classic" mode.

Don't worry, I am adding things like Co Op Mode, Co Op 2v2 VS Mode, more sound effects, bug fixes, lighting adjustments, advanced operator adjustments, reliability improvements, etc.

I will not change the gameplay as it is (in my opinion) amazing as it stands.

--Scott

#5456 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Don't worry, I am adding things like Co Op Mode, Co Op 2v2 VS Mode, more sound effects, bug fixes, lighting adjustments, advanced operator adjustments, reliability improvements, etc.
--Scott

Who is this?

D051AB86-0F1F-4549-8902-66A9209AF062.jpegD051AB86-0F1F-4549-8902-66A9209AF062.jpeg

#5457 6 years ago

Only improvement I can think of for players like Bowen is a 'fastest time to destroy the 9 reactors' award.

Over time, someone would become legendary for the fastest time in the world

#5458 6 years ago

--Scott

Nice. Is there any chance you'll be open sourcing the code at some point? Seems like it'd be a fun game to mess around with.

#5459 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Nice. Is there any chance you'll be open sourcing the code at some point? Seems like it'd be a fun game to mess around with.

Unfortunately no, mostly for insurance reasons, asset protection, and IP protection. There are all sorts of libraries that I created that I would like to keep private in that code. I have worked for years on them. Don't worry though, I am going to make sure to make this game the best if can be for you guys/gals.
--Scott

#5460 6 years ago

Good stuff is still coming.

Hot tub pics?

#5461 6 years ago

Unfortunately no, mostly for insurance reasons, asset protection, and IP protection. There are all sorts of libraries that I created that I would like to keep private in that code. I have worked for years on them. Don't worry though, I am going to make sure to make this game the best if can be for you guys/gals.
--Scott

Makes complete sense. Thanks for entertaining the thought at least!

#5462 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Makes complete sense. Thanks for entertaining the thought at least!

I appreciate your understanding. I would love to open source this, but it is just not feasible. I do, however, still have my Earthshaker Aftershock code as open source if you guys want to see what the P-ROC code looks like under the hood. It has a similar structure to what I did on TNA, but this is not written on the skeletongame framework. The TNA code is also much cleaner.

https://github.com/scottdanesi/earthshaker-aftershock

--Scott

#5463 6 years ago

One suggestion for the criticism of only utilizing the lower pf, is to make that you have to hit the 123 targets or the RAD targets (or both) in addition to nailing the drops in order to qualify locks. This makes you shoot for the upper pf other than to overheat the reactor, and just makes qualifying locks more dangerous, even moreso than the game already is.

#5464 6 years ago

71SK-7kIXAL._UL1500_ (resized).jpg71SK-7kIXAL._UL1500_ (resized).jpg

#5465 6 years ago

I appreciate your understanding. I would love to open source this, but it is just not feasible. I do, however, still have my Earthshaker Aftershock code as open source if you guys want to see what the P-ROC code looks like under the hood. It has a similar structure to what I did on TNA, but this is not written on the skeletongame framework. The TNA code is also much cleaner.
https://github.com/scottdanesi/earthshaker-aftershock
--Scott

71SK-7kIXAL._UL1500_ (resized).jpg71SK-7kIXAL._UL1500_ (resized).jpg

#5466 6 years ago

Just read through Scott’s website. Wow what a cool journey from 2016 to now!

#5467 6 years ago

Played TNA on location for about an hour today and managed to get the super jackpot! Such an awesome feeling. Can't wait to see what else will be coming to this game.

#5468 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

TABS, NOT SPACES

Am I missing a joke? Scott freely shares code to a game he has spent a lot of time on, and your response is to critque his formatting? Please tell me I have misunderstood.

#5469 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Am I missing a joke? Scott freely shares code to a game he has spent a lot of time on, and your response is to critque his formatting? Please tell me I have misunderstood.

It’s a joke. Ever watch Silicon Valley? It’s a silly nerd debate

#5470 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

It’s a joke. Ever watch Silicon Valley? It’s a silly nerd debate

That's good to hear. No, I've never watched that show. I have a 6 year old, so I hardly ever watch anything. I'm aware of the debate, which is why, lacking the context of knowing it was a joke, I found it to be a petty comment.

#5471 6 years ago

I will not change the gameplay as it is

THANK YOU!

#5472 6 years ago

I was fortunate enough to play a new TNA this weekend at a local party. It had the new CO-OP and TEAM mode on it.

It was an awesome game prior to those features, but now it's awesome * 2.

Scott really is one of the most creative talents in pinball at the moment.

#5473 6 years ago

Anyone have pictures or video with the meltdown mirrors installed?

#5474 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Anyone have pictures or video with the meltdown mirrors installed?

Not much but I've got a couple.

IMG_0472 (resized).JPGIMG_0472 (resized).JPG

IMG_0474 (resized).JPGIMG_0474 (resized).JPG

#5475 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not much but I've got a couple.

I don't usually go for bling mods but...GOT DANG.

#5476 6 years ago

where are the mirrors available?

#5478 6 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4787

cap3 (resized).PNGcap3 (resized).PNG

cap1 (resized).PNGcap1 (resized).PNG

cap2 (resized).PNGcap2 (resized).PNG

#5479 6 years ago

Anyone know when Laseriffic will be shipping this topper? Love it.

cap4 (resized).jpgcap4 (resized).jpg

#5480 6 years ago

Forgot to take a pic, but TNA is now available at Einstein's pub in Katy, Texas.
gonna miss having it at my house

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/8710-einsteins-pub-katy-tx#gameslist

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Anyone know when Laseriffic will be shipping this topper? Love it.

that does look pretty good.

#5481 6 years ago

Got several games in at the Cidercade in Dallas last Saturday at NicoVolta 's going away party. Got to reactor 4! It played great and we had a good time there. Lots of cider, LOTS of pinball. I didn't count but more than 20 machines I'm pretty sure. Good ones too! Very nice shape, all well maintained...

(someone else playing)
20180324_191532312_iOS (resized).jpg20180324_191532312_iOS (resized).jpg

#5482 6 years ago

That topper is awesome!

#5483 6 years ago

--Scott

I knew you wouldn’t stop until I bought one! This game is going to sell more than Alice.......That’s a fact! The wait is the only thing holding this game back now.

#5484 6 years ago

Bryan_Kelly It looks like the target decals are under the rivets. Does Spooky have to install these?

#5485 6 years ago
Quoted from Sleaterkiss:

bryan_kelly It looks like the target decals are under the rivets. Does Spooky have to install these?

The label makers leave a hole....

#5486 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That's good to hear. No, I've never watched that show. I have a 6 year old, so I hardly ever watch anything. I'm aware of the debate, which is why, lacking the context of knowing it was a joke, I found it to be a petty comment.

Clearly you missed something. If I was going to mess with someone, why would I figure out how to make a fake t-shirt with a pithy response..

#5487 6 years ago

Well, ordered Alice yesterday and last week was told TNA ships out today (#107). Here’s to hoping that is still true after the huge day Spooky had yesterday.

#5488 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Clearly you missed something. If I was going to mess with someone, why would I figure out how to make a fake t-shirt with a pithy response..

Yes, I missed that it was a joke. I apologize for that.

As for the t-shirt, it would not have had to have been a fake. It could very well have been a real t-shirt that already existed, even if it was meant to be taken seriously. It is also very easy to make fake images of t-shirts with basically anything on them.

#5489 6 years ago

I just paid my deposit. How do I find out what number I am? Couldn't tell from the invoice.

#5490 6 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I just paid my deposit. How do I find out what number I am? Couldn't tell from the invoice.

They are usually printed on the invoice.

#5491 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

They are usually printed on the invoice.

My invoice had no info other than invoice #2017. Quick email to spooky and they confirmed I'm in at 386. I'm excited!

#5492 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What # is shipping at this point?

I got 105 today!!!

#5493 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I’ve been told me #112 is on the line this week. Will be at The Sanctum as soon as I get it.

- 10 days ago

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

#107 shipping on Tuesday (plastic protectors, mirror blades, shaker, knocker add-ons)
Just FYI for those who are waiting...
And, BTW, $10,000 and I will have it direct shipped to your door! (and then I'll be back in line for fall delivery!)

- 7 days ago

Quoted from Ruger:

I got 105 today!!!

- Today

Just some perspective for those of you waiting.

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

- 10 days ago

- 7 days ago

- Today
Just some perspective for those of you waiting.

112 shipped Thursday night and is en route to The Sanctum in CT. Currently in Cleveland.

#5495 6 years ago

Any waiters sent more than the 1000 deposit? I’m getting nervous sitting on all this money. Don’t trust myself to not buy a Maiden lol. Or maybe I’ll buy a Maiden and save hard til my TNA is ready.

#5496 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Any waiters sent more than the 1000 deposit? I’m getting nervous sitting on all this money. Don’t trust myself to not buy a Maiden lol. Or maybe I’ll buy a Maiden and save hard til my TNA is ready.

Lol... I will hold it for you.

I’m watching my TNA tracking as it departs Chicago. On its long journey to the west coast.

#5497 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You can pay in installments to spooky up to delivery. I know a few that did so to make it less of a one time hit at the end.

#5498 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Lol... I will hold it for you.
I’m watching my TNA tracking as it departs Chicago. On its long journey to the west coast.

Congrats!

KT is gonna send me an invoice to hold some more money for me.

#5499 6 years ago

Now I'm really bummed out!

#5500 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I paid my total upfront but that was because of a good exchange rate at the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/110?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.