Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 145.
#5401 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

So a few impulsive buyers can't have them right away. Did Spooky really lose out on $25k because they didn't have games ready to ship to those people the instant they wanted them? How does that compare with the $2M+ they stand to make from people who are willing to wait in line? (estimating $6250 per game and 350 sold so far)
As another poster said, when Spooky has a few spare TNA's laying around, impulse buyers will be able to get their fix. Until then, they wait on line or pony up some extra $$ to get it sooner (if they can find someone who'll take them up on their offer).
There's nothing else on the market like this game. It's selling very well on its own merits, and a few impatient would-have-been-buyers will eventually come around when they realize what they're missing out on. If they don't, it's not Spooky who missed the boat. Quality takes time. Spooky is doing their best to make a quality product for our money. I personally think we have gotten too expectant of instant (or near-instant) gratification. I am plenty happy to wait for my TNA. It's gonna be my first NIB game! The more refinements and developments I've seen happening along the way are just making the wait more exciting. I will have the game eventually, and I'm ok with that.
I applause Spooky for coming this far and not compromising on quality or customer service. As a fellow small-business owner i take great pride in supporting Spooky and respect their commitment to quality. I can't take on every job I'm offered either, but i don't count that as a loss.

^This sums it up completely. And the people that are whining do we want to have another company pumping out way too many machines that have sub-par quality playfields?? No thanks. More then fine with waiting on my game because I expect a quality product that Spooky has been delivering.

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Every machine is for sale if you throw enough money at it. Heck, if you threw enough money at me, I would sell my prototype and whitewood. If you want to the game quickly, you can put out a WTB ad and see if anyone wants to sell.
--Scott

the whitewood is amazing but i think it's missing the deltatrons (or whatever that symbol is called) right? deal breaker

on the business side, i think spooky has a backlog of 250 odd games so theres $250k guaranteed in the bank and 6 months worth of work guaranteed.
in the next 6 months they will probably build another 3-6 months work between new orders and ACNC.

Having a refundable deposit is dumb, if you are serious about buying the pin, why do you need it to be refundable? if a company is shady, they probably won't give you your money back anyway AND think of it this way - if you had put your non-refundable deposit down for TNA 6 months ago, you could probably sell it for a profit right now. there always someone willing to pay a little extra not to have to wait.

for those keen to skip the queue, ill take $7500 + shipping for mine and i'll get back in the queue for a butter cab.

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

^This sums it up completely. And the people that are whining do we want to have another company pumping out way too many machines that have sub-par quality playfields?? No thanks. More then fine with waiting on my game because I expect a quality product that Spooky has been delivering.

Good point. I have bought 4 new in box games in my life. ACDC had more problems out of the box than all 3 Spooky games including AMH.

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah ,if I sold mine I would get right back in line to buy another . But I am not selling mine .

yeah, i wont sell mine... but I am still going to get back in line.

Bryan Kelly cant be the only person to own 2 TNAs.

#5405 1 year ago

Sometimes the anticipation is half the fun.

(I gotta tell myself something to ease the pain. #337)

#5406 1 year ago

I have a TNA in-hand with everything on it (shaker, knocker, plastic protectors, mirror blades, target decals, and lighted side rails) that I would consider selling to an eager buyer. I'll either take your place in line or jump back in at the back.

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You ate $200 of in&out burgers!?!? I’m impressed

It was just one burger: a 200x200 animal style

#5408 1 year ago

#107 shipping on Tuesday (plastic protectors, mirror blades, shaker, knocker add-ons)

Just FYI for those who are waiting...

And, BTW, $10,000 and I will have it direct shipped to your door! (and then I'll be back in line for fall delivery!)

#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

And, BTW, $10,000 and I will have it direct shipped to your door! (and then I'll be back in line for fall delivery!)

Teasing aside, I'm serious about it. I'm a 1 pin guy right now, new to the hobby, and really excited about this game. And willing to bite/pay to get this game earlier.

Alternatively looking at some other pins out there. But TNA is what I really really want. In part for the game design. But also I really love supporting a smaller startup company.

#5410 1 year ago

My guess is TNA would be a great fit with your DILE. My first 2 pins (bought same week) were LOTR and Tron. Like others have said, there are plenty of other pins out there you can buy while waiting for a TNA from Spooky. Trust me, if someone actually did take me up on shipping a pin to them on Tuesday, Spooky is in no way losing business. Heck, I'm already toying with buying a second one - one for home and one for route.

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sometimes the anticipation is half the fun.
(I gotta tell myself something to ease the pain. #337)

As a great man once said..."After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true"
- Spock

That said, where's my game!?!? #168 butter...almost there!

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from Goonie:

As a great man once said..."After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true"
- Spock

That said, where's my game!?!? #168 butter...almost there!

Absolutely true ! For a Hot minute I was all in to pay more! .. Nah !! I will wait..No reason to blow dough$$$.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Absolutely true ! For a Hot minute I was all in to pay more! .. Nah !! I will wait..No reason to blow dough$$$.

You can just come play ours until you wait silly on Monday’s. I’m all paid up

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You ate $200 of in&out burgers!?!? I’m impressed

If you've had one, you've had at least $200 worth. I know I have

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

You can just come play ours until you wait silly on Monday’s. I’m all paid up

Thanks, That would be great!!!
PM me info.... Thanks Again..

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks, That would be great!!!
PM me info.... Thanks Again..

Info’s all public. The Sanctum. Open every Monday night from 6:30 to somewhere between midnight and 1AM. 47 games on freeplay. 10$ door fee. Big commercial fridge for BYOB. Weekly leagues and tournaments here every Monday.

290 Pratt St Meriden CT. East entrance. 2nd floor.

#5418 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Info’s all public. The Sanctum. Open every Monday night from 6:30 to somewhere between midnight and 1AM. 47 games on freeplay. 10$ door fee. Big commercial fridge for BYOB. Weekly leagues and tournaments here every Monday.
290 Pratt St Meriden CT. East entrance. 2nd floor.

Fantastic! Thank you!

#5419 1 year ago

Well, I actually had a pretty solid unsolicited offer on my TNA#107 shipping on Tuesday. I was a little slow on the draw as I pondered my options and buyer made a deal with someone else shipping out next week.

So, I had not really been thinking about doing this but I guess I'll possibly consider a solid offer of $9,000 shipped if someone wants my #107 which ships on Tuesday. Addons include mirror blades, plastic protectors, shaker and knocker.

If nobody is interested, I'll simply put the pin on route as per my plan and easily make up the difference in coin drop over the next 6 months. Heck, I'm actually losing money (lost opportunity income) if I do accept an offer.

#5420 1 year ago

Man, this has turned into the “buyers whoring out” thread!

Good grief

#5421 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Good grief

Yeah I was the first to put up the "$10K for my TNA". It was meant as a joke/sarcasm post, now I'm regretting it. I had no idea it would take off like this.

#5422 1 year ago

Good lord, are some people so desperate to have a toy that they can't even wait a few months. Anyone that's paying stupid money to jump in line better be ready to enjoy the beating they take when they go to sell it.

#5423 1 year ago

As someone that has seen the TNA light (played it today and I get why it's good), 9k is nuts BUT good on you for making the offer as you never know!

#5424 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Good lord, are some people so desperate to have a toy that they can't even wait a few months. Anyone that's paying stupid money to jump in line better be ready to enjoy the beating they take when they go to sell it.

When the Mazda Miata first came out, dealers in California were getting $5000 over sticker price. You know a year later the car value was a lot less. And the same is true for other cars as well, maybe not 5K but they would add dealer installed stuff like Scotchguard and rustproofing. I have seen new Corvettes have mark up at the beginning of the model year and the $5K discouts art the end of the year.

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Good grief

Well I look at it this way - I wanted a second pin for this spring/summer. I was looking at:

Starwars Prem
Hobbit SE
MMR
TNA but a 6 month wait. Hmmmm

Pondering all three, I liked the design, shooting style and Spooky as a company best (major soft spot for small businesses building from passions).

So on this list TNA is a bargain at $6K. Sure you can argue about toys blah blah. But to my eyes it’s just the best game. With a designer/programmer seriously committed to making the machine great. Already succeeding and gathering praise acclaim to the be best new machine out there

So... basically spend the same money as the other options. But get a better game. Sure if I ever sell it. But I don’t look at it as an investment. For years I will enjoy it.

It’s my second pin, max I will have a 2 or three pin collection. So getting the best game for about the same price as other options? And it’s boutique, gathering steam, has a passionate company behind it? And the designer is active here.

Dunno - I come from a hobby of 9 years. RC helicopters (where I also own and design airframes/flight control systems). Every flight I risk crashing a $2500 machine. It’s a rush. So to have a hobby that doesn’t require a disposable super expensive thing that I fling around the air is a relief, and a bargain.

Huge thanks to Ed for hooking me up. Super excited to be in the TNA club!

#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well I look at it this way - I wanted a second pin for this spring/summer. I was looking at:
Starwars Prem
Hobbit SE
MMR
TNA but a 6 month wait. Hmmmm
Pondering all three, I liked the design, shooting style and Spooky as a company best (major soft spot for small businesses building from passions).
So on this list TNA is a bargain at $6K. Sure you can argue about toys blah blah. But to my eyes it’s just the best game. With a designer/programmer seriously committed to making the machine great. Already succeeding and gathering praise acclaim to the be best new machine out there
So... basically spend the same money as the other options. But get a better game. Sure if I ever sell it. But I don’t look at it as an investment. For years I will enjoy it.
It’s my second pin, max I will have a 2 or three pin collection. So getting the best game for about the same price as other options? And it’s boutique, gathering steam, has a passionate company behind it? And the designer is active here.
Dunno - I come from a hobby of 9 years. RC helicopters (where I also own and design airframes/flight control systems). Every flight I risk crashing a $2500 machine. It’s a rush. So to have a hobby that doesn’t require a disposable super expensive thing that I fling around the air is a relief, and a bargain.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well I look at it this way - I wanted a second pin for this spring/summer.

I fly R/C Airplanes and Jets too. Putting $6000.00 in the air with just a radio signal to bring it back.
I quit jets a few years back but still fly prop driven planes some with a need for speed.
My Pinball collection is EM games plus Tommy
TNA is on order my first NIB game.

RAZOR4 (resized).jpg

ROO4 SALE 035 (resized).jpg

toledo 003 (resized).jpg

Xciter 003 (resized).jpg

whipdone 001 (resized).jpg

#5428 1 year ago

Everyone: please remember the site rules. If you plan on selling your game on Pinside please do it via a marketplace ad. You can reference it in this thread, but site rules require an ad to be taken out. Thanks.

#5429 1 year ago

what's the ETA for #152

#5430 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I fly R/C Airplanes and Jets too. Putting $6000.00 in the air with just a radio signal to bring it back.
I quit jets a few years back but still fly prop driven planes some with a need for speed.
My Pinball collection is EM games plus Tommy
TNA is on order my first NIB game.

Sweet! I have a few EDF jets also. Fun to zoom around at 130 mph.

I bought my DILE nib and love it. Already a couple thousand plays on it. Can’t wait for TNA.

Here’s a pic of an event I was just at in Vegas.

5974753E-E068-49B9-9989-556EE961C45D (resized).jpeg

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Sweet! I have a few EDF jets also. Fun to zoom around at 130 mph.
I bought my DILE nib and love it. Already a couple thousand plays on it. Can’t wait for TNA.
Here’s a pic of an event I was just at in Vegas.

I’m certain if I were given the controls of that flying machine someone will likely end up hurt. Looks fun though

#5432 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That ain't the worst of it. If there's a healthy market at $7 to $10K, why would a business leave money on the table? I don't see it, but apparently, enough of you do.

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That ain't the worst of it. If there's a healthy market at $7 to $10K, why would a business leave money on the table? I don't see it, but apparently, enough of you do.

$6K is a great great value for what’s being called a game of the year. I’m sure when the pricing was set, they were confident in the game. But no way to predict that TNA would be a huge hit. With demand outstripping production and 6mo waits.

#5434 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Because it’s family owned and not beholden to shareholders, and believe it ir not, money isn’t everything.

#5435 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Because it’s family owned and not beholden to shareholders, and believe it ir not, money isn’t everything.

That sounds very noble and all, but if there is a buck to be made, I'd sure as hell rather see that small business owner get it than a flipper. Let's see in a year or 2 how it works out.

#5436 1 year ago

I don't believe there is a "healthy market" for them at $7k - $10k. There's likely a few impatient people who are willing to pay that. There's no way that Spooky would be selling 350+ of them in that price range.

#5437 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I don't believe there is a "healthy market" for them at $7k - $10k. There's likely a few impatient people who are willing to pay that. There's no way that Spooky would be selling 350+ of them in that price range.

Yup. Love my TNA, love Scott, was delighted to be able to support and get a game I love. You get into those prices and I pass, on any game from anyone.

#5438 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

$6K is a great great value for what’s being called a game of the year. I’m sure when the pricing was set, they were confident in the game. But no way to predict that TNA would be a huge hit. With demand outstripping production and 6mo waits.

Huge hit? Spookys best to date but under 400 is not a hell of alot?

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Punctuation saves lives. In this case, it really doesn't tell us what you're saying? I don't get it?

#5440 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Punctuation saves lives. In this case, it really doesn't tell us what you're saying? I don't get it?

Cool....

#5441 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I just bought my dialed in at around number 900LE. Maybe they are at 1500-2000? So yah I don’t think volumes need to be that high.

The demand far outstrips their ability to produce them with lead times in excess of 6 months now. You don’t need to outsell the gorillas to consider something a hit or Home run.

My 2c.

#5442 1 year ago

If I made a game, and sold 400 of them, I'd be over the effing moon with that kind of success. That's amazing.

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I made a game, and sold 400 of them, I'd be over the effing moon with that kind of success. That's amazing.

It is amazing, and it is all because you guys believed in Spooky and myself. I truly appreciate it and am completely blown away by the reception in homes and on location. We priced this game as low as we possibly could with many people taking pay cuts to get us where we are. Making pinball machine, especially in low quantities is not cheap. The fact that this game sold just under 400 units (so far), is beyond expectation by myself. Thank you again everyone.
--Scott

#5444 1 year ago

It is amazing, and it is all because you guys believed in Spooky and myself. I truly appreciate it and am completely blown away by the reception in holes and on location. We priced this game as low as we possibly could with many people taking pay cuts to get us where we are. Making pinball machine, especially in low

quantities is not cheap. The fact that this game sold just under 400 units (so far), is beyond expectation by myself. Thank you again everyone.
--Scott

And your about to sell another one. I'm waiting for a check to clear then place if my order. Will be my first home machine.

#5445 1 year ago

It is amazing, and it is all because you guys believed in Spooky and myself. I truly appreciate it and am completely blown away by the reception in homes and on location. We priced this game as low as we possibly could with many people taking pay cuts to get us where we are. Making pinball machine, especially in low quantities is not cheap. The fact that this game sold just under 400 units (so far), is beyond expectation by myself. Thank you again everyone.
--Scott

Didn’t get mine yet but really appreciate all the effort you’ve put into the code updates.

#5446 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Didn’t get mine yet but really appreciate all the effort you’ve put into the code updates.

Good stuff is still coming.

#5447 1 year ago

I was going my to put mine in my home but have decided to route it. Our local pinball scene is growing and I can’t wait to see how much TNA continues that trend!

Heck, I’m so excited about it and Spooky I think I may pull the trigger on Alice Cooper.

#5448 1 year ago

Anyone have inside backbox pics? Just curious.

#5449 1 year ago

Stop tempting me to keep it while making more people want to buy my spot so I can get back in line you awesome bastard.

#5450 1 year ago

Any hints?

With such a great layout, seems like you could throw in a few modes, to quiet down the “it’s repitious”guys.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside