Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 145.
#5301 6 years ago

Yes!!! Closer and closer!!! I'm excited!

#5302 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I got my “invite” to pay for the remainder for my game which will go on the line “soon”. Woo-hoo! The wait is almost over!
(#124)

Quoted from 27dnast:

Money sent for #126!

??? I'm #120 and haven't heard anything yet!

#5303 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Mine is going in early (possibly) - which doesn’t mean the game is coming any earlier. Just means the money has been sent.

#5304 6 years ago

Butter cab vs decals? Location vs home?

#5305 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

No TNA for you!

#5306 6 years ago

First time playing TNA last night (@VUK in Bethesda, MD). Oh man I want this game, just not 6K want this. I destroyed 5 reactors on the first ball, and somehow still failed to join the ranks of Bowen and Karl. Damnit

#5307 6 years ago

Was going to buy one of these but they are now quoting new buyers a fall time frame. I think slow production is going to hurt spooky in the long run as there will be probably 4 new pins out or announced by then. It’s too bad there is such a long turn around

#5308 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Was going to buy one of these but they are now quoting new buyers a fall time frame. I think slow production is going to hurt spooky in the long run as there will be probably 4 new pins out or announced by then. It’s too bad there is such a long turn around

patience, patience... its a virtue you know, good things take time, the fall will be here before you know it... kind of like lay-away Christmas presents, buy now, pay the rest down right before and enjoy a sweet gift to yourself... you'll be kicking yourself come fall and you're not in line

#5309 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Money sent for #126!

I'm 132 and my bowels just loosened a little bit.

#5310 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Perhaps, but they are a small (but growing) company. They seem to be stable, which in the world of startup pinball companies is probably what's most important.

#5311 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

There may be 4 new games coming out, but none of them are TNA.

#5312 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I’m in the same boat. I order a POTC which won’t ship until August. So looking to add a second pin now.

Problem is I don’t like any of the Stern’s. I keep trying to talk myself into starwars. But can’t. I don’t like the woz or hobbit.

So I decided on TNA after watching all the buzz at TPF. But nope. 6 month line.

So now trying to figure out what I want as pin 2.

#5313 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I’m in the same boat. I order a POTC which won’t ship until August. So looking to add a second pin now.
Problem is I don’t like any of the Stern’s. I keep trying to talk myself into starwars. But can’t. I don’t like the woz or hobbit.
So I decided on TNA after watching all the buzz at TPF. But nope. 6 month line.
So now trying to figure out what I want as pin 2.

If you need a second pin ASAP just order a TNA now. Take the 5k buy a Williams
Dmd for some fun for now and sell it come fall to pay for TNA.

#5314 6 years ago

#153! Can't wait to be all like...

7eb (resized).jpeg7eb (resized).jpeg

#5315 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

If you need a second pin ASAP just order a TNA now. Take the 5k buy a Williams
Dmd for some fun for now and sell it come fall to pay for TNA.

Which one? MMR? They seem to be going for $8K. Which may as well get a modern pin. Since I’m new to the hobby not so much into the older machines yet.

Hmm. Really a bummer I can’t buy a TNA off the shelf.

#5316 6 years ago

Just ordered! #364

I know this has been gone over before but what are ya'll getting added? Knocker kit and what else?

#5317 6 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Just ordered! #364
I know this has been gone over before but what are ya'll getting added? Knocker kit and what else?

Shaker.. after playing it w/ shaker at TPF.. this is a must have. When the reactor is close to critical, it's a dull vibrate.. and really adds to the experience.

#5318 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Which one? MMR? They seem to be going for $8K. Which may as well get a modern pin. Since I’m new to the hobby not so much into the older machines yet.

You could try to put out a wanted ad for the game . Not many out there at this point and a lot of people seem to be holding on to theirs . Maybe someone with an earlier spot wants out or must back out for one reason or another . No harm in trying the wanted ad , it may find something for you .

#5319 6 years ago

Just ordered! #364

With the light show in this game, mirror blades are a must.

#5320 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You could try to put out a wanted ad for the game . Not many out there at this point and a lot of people seem to be holding on to theirs . Maybe someone with an earlier spot wants out or must back out for one reason or another . No harm in trying the wanted ad , it may find something for you .

Good idea.

Input out an add offering $1500 for someone’s $1000 place in line. Maybe some incentive for someone that doesn’t mind waiting and making a profit?

I will go higher if the place in line is an imminent build. .

Yay Spooky for making a great game.

#5321 6 years ago

Just ordered! #364

Thanks for posting your number and congratulations!

#5322 6 years ago

Knocker kit and what else?

When they are available the speaker grill/light kit is a nice addition.

c09599a2f72c57ddde2ed51ff75e59f37cd6dda7 (resized).jpgc09599a2f72c57ddde2ed51ff75e59f37cd6dda7 (resized).jpg

#5323 6 years ago

Thanks for all the advice, and the congrats! I'll get the knocker, shaker and mirror blades for now and the grilles when they are available. Can't wait! I have really been wanting one since I played the white wood last year. If I get it in time I'll bring it to the Houston show in October.

#5324 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Just go buy a classic game from the 80s or a 90s DMD... TONS of awesome games under $5K

Thanks for all the advice, and the congrats! I'll get the knocker, shaker and mirror blades for now and the grilles when they are available. Can't wait! I have really been wanting one since I played the white wood last year. If I get it in time I'll bring it to the Houston show in October.

They'll install plastic protectors at factory... forget the additional cost, tho

#5325 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

yikes, i ordered in January and I'm #294. gonna be a while!

#5326 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I'm with you....I was quoted a fall delivery....I've been burned before so never again will I put down a big $1000 deposit on a game (Alien, BL)....not saying they won't deliver, but a 6 month wait time on a game thats already been in production is a bit long...I'll wait and buy one on the secondary market or one that a distributor has in stock....

#5327 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Was going to buy one of these but they are now quoting new buyers a fall time frame. I think slow production is going to hurt spooky in the long run as there will be probably 4 new pins out or announced by then

So what you're saying is Spooky is being hurt because there's a long wait because so many people are ordering their games?

They're building organically at the right speed for them. If you don't want to be patient that's fine, but it's actually your problem, not Spooky's.

#5328 6 years ago

I don’t think it’s fair to compare putting down $1k to Spooky compared to TBL and Alien. Spooky seems to be much more stable.

Boy some people need to learn a little patience. I’m #296 and yes it’s going to be a long wait but it’s not like playing TNA is the only thing I can think about doing until then!

#5329 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So what you're saying is Spooky is being hurt because there's a long wait because so many people are ordering their games?
They're building organically at the right speed for them. If you don't want to be patient that's fine, but it's actually your problem, not Spooky's.

There is no doubt that having long lead times hurts the bottom line....I get organic growth, and thats great on their end. Their big mistake IMHO is the the $1K deposit....they should make it $250 and fully refundable. I guarantee their backlog would increase, and most consumers could care less about a $250 deposit, and the long lead time....

#5330 6 years ago

I think he's saying a lot can happen in 6 months...money in hand now, is better than uncertainty in the future.

#5331 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt that having long lead times hurts the bottom line....I get organic growth, and thats great on their end. Their big mistake IMHO is the the $1K deposit....they should make it $250 and fully refundable. I guarantee their backlog would increase, and most consumers could care less about a $250 deposit, and the long lead time....

I don’t understand fully refundable deposits. What’s the point? Just take no deposit and then not have to worry about the annoying refund stuff later if you wanted to go that route as a business. . Small refundable deposits do no good. Prople are impatient and pull out of their order the second a new shiny object comes along and then the huge parts order they just put in to make the games is on them with no games to build.

#5332 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I don’t understand fully refundable deposits. What’s the point? Just take no deposit and then not have to worry about the annoying refund stuff later if you wanted to go that route as a business. . Small refundable deposits do no good. Prople are impatient and pull out of their order the second a new shiny object comes along and then the huge parts order they just put in to make the games is on them with no games to build.

I get the why a company wants to book orders, and obtain a commitment with a deposit. I am sure it helps with cash flow, and keeps investors somewhat happy. That being said its a big risk with a small company. My only point is $250 isn't much, and reduces the consumer risk yet gives the company another booked order.

#5333 6 years ago

The list just seems to be getting longer so the wait isn't getting any shorter for anyone unless they jump in line. Distributors having these in stock is nowhere in sight at this point. As tempting as it would be to sell my spot I've had my months of waiting and I'm ready for some TNA

#5334 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This makes no sense. So you want shorter lead times but you also want a smaller deposit that you guarantee will increase orders and only lengthen the lead time.

I don't think Spooky wants all of the jump in now and feel important folks that can't wait however long for a game. The 1K deposit is fine and will not prevent anyone that wants one from getting one. It's designed to prevent some of the impulse people from jumping in and then waffling 2 weeks later.

#5335 6 years ago

Sorry if I missed it, but has Spooky talked about how TNA/Alice Cooper will effect shipping times for each other? Are they going to be building both at the same time? Are new TNA orders 6+ months out due to Alice Cooper? Will one take priority over the other? If current TNA orders are 6+ months out, how long will it take for the higher numbered (300+) Alice Cooper machines to ship?

Sorry - maybe I should have posted this in the Alice Cooper thread

Thanks!

#5336 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This makes no sense. So you want shorter lead times but you also want a smaller deposit that you guarantee will increase orders and only lengthen the lead time.
I don't think Spooky wants all of the jump in now and feel important folks that can't wait however long for a game. The 1K deposit is fine and will not prevent anyone that wants one from getting one. It's designed to prevent some of the impulse people from jumping in and then waffling 2 weeks later.

As someone who has started, and sold many companies from the ground up it makes all the sense in the world....I never said I wanted shorter lead times nor would the smaller deposit enable that (clearly it would not). What I said was their lead times are 6 + months, and $1K deposit comes with a much higher risk with a small start up company...losing potential customers at this stage of a company is never a good idea.

#5337 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt that having long lead times hurts the bottom line....

Nonsense. This isn't fantasy land where you just fulfill all orders overnight and swim in the money. How exactly does that happen? Suddenly a huge factory filled with workers and parts just appears? And if it did, then what? You have to keep pumping out product to keep that all going. That would be a disaster, not some boon to the bottom line.

I get organic growth, and thats great on their end.

Is is great on their end. It's not great for impatient people, what you're basically saying is "I don't want to wait". TNA is a great game, be nice if you could have one tomorrow. But such is life with boutique pinball, Stern ain't making anything like it.

Their big mistake IMHO is the the $1K deposit....they should make it $250 and fully refundable. I guarantee their backlog would increase, and most consumers could care less about a $250 deposit, and the long lead time....

So wait, the problem is they have a long lead time, but you want to make it longer? It sounds to me like you just don't want to pony up $1000. Which is fine, no one is making you, but you're couching all this like it's good for Spooky, when it's really about what's good for you.

#5338 6 years ago

They previously had fully refundable deposits on Rob Zombie and a lot of people burned them by pulling their money out. The reality is that $1000 basically pays for some of the parts of your game. That way if you back out at least some of the parts are paid for, and it now becomes your responsibility, not theirs to get someone to take over your spot if you decide to change your mind. You may see it as a disadvantage but I see it as being smart and covering their own asses. I've literally done as described above. Paid my $1000 deposit for AMH and Rob Zombie, bought x-men, flinstones, and WCS while I waited for those games to get built and sold them when my game was coming to line at Spooky. Allowing everyone to get refunds would be far riskier for the startup business.

And I will be honest, TNA is worth the wait.

#5339 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No what I am saying is I don’t want to tie up 1000 dollars non refundable for a game that I won’t get for 6 months.its not just a matter of how many orders they have it is that they can not meet the demand within a reasonable time frame. I lf I could pay and get one within a month or two that is what I consider a reasonable expectation. With all of the completion out there now and so many great games around the corner I just feel like they could sell 1000’s of these if they were able to get them out faster. Instead people will buy something they can get now or within a reasonable time frame. Just my opinion. I think spooky is doing a great job and there games look great I am just not going to wait half a year and tie up money to get it.

#5340 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

No what I am saying is I don’t want to tie up 1000 dollars non refundable for a game that I won’t get for 6 months.its not just a matter of how many orders they have it is that they can not meet the demand within a reasonable time frame. I lf I could pay and get one within a month or two that is what I consider a reasonable expectation. With all of the completion out there now and so many great games around the corner I just feel like they could sell 1000’s of these if they were able to get them out faster. Instead people will buy something they can get now or within a reasonable time frame. Just my opinion. I think spooky is doing a great job and there games look great I am just not going to wait half a year and tie up money to get it.

Just to your point, I've purchased 3 Spooky titles all NIB, all three have been delivered 1-2 months earlier than quoted time. I'm sure it doesn't always happen, but I had to wait several months for my Wrestlemania LE from stern and that required more money down, and had more problems once I received the game than any of my Spooky titles. JJP people started paying in October for Pirates and no one has one yet. The only company who can really do the pay now get game within a month or so seems to be Stern, and that is still usually just for the pro models. I think you are struggling to comprehend the reality of the pinball market right now. Sure you can get some stern games NIB but they have been building them for months or years already and that is why.

#5341 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just to your point, I've purchased 3 Spooky titles all NIB, all three have been delivered 1-2 months earlier than quoted time. I'm sure it doesn't always happen, but I had to wait several months for my Wrestlemania LE from stern and that required more money down, and had more problems once I received the game than any of my Spooky titles. JJP people started paying in October for Pirates and no one has one yet. The only company who can really do the pay now get game within a month or so seems to be Stern, and that is still usually just for the pro models. I think you are struggling to comprehend the reality of the pinball market right now. Sure you can get some stern games NIB but they have been building them for months or years already and that is why.

I understand this point but this is a game that they have currently in production it is not in the testing phase or just a concept.

#5342 6 years ago

“Tying up” a $1,000 is inconsequential in the pinball world. I’m glad after RZ they have gone to this model, keeps out the non commited buyers so I can get my game faster.

#5343 6 years ago

On a positive note TNA is a surprise runaway hit with $350K in preorders. No doubt they can now scale the size of their production line to allow them to ship TNA and Alice simultaneously. Maintaining the current lead times and production.

Basically it means I’m the next months they need to double their capacity to maintain current delivery quotes. That’s already a huge task. And part of the fun of starting a company.

I definitely appreciate the situation. I helped start a networking company in Silicon Valley. Which has scaled now to a $2B run rate. It’s a crazy ride.

Anyway, I’m new to the hobby, and itch to have my second pin short term. The speed, style and shot making of TNA is what I want. I can’t have it.

#5344 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

On a positive note TNA is a surprise runaway hit with $350K in preorders. No doubt they can now scale the size of their production line to allow them to ship TNA and Alice simultaneously. Maintaining the current lead times and production.
Basically it means I’m the next months they need to double their capacity to maintain current delivery quotes. That’s already a huge task. And part of the fun of starting a company.
I definitely appreciate the situation. I helped start a networking company in Silicon Valley. Which has scaled now to a $2B run rate. It’s a crazy ride.
Anyway, I’m new to the hobby, and itch to have my second pin short term. The speed, style and shot making of TNA is what I want. I can’t have it.

Every machine is for sale if you throw enough money at it. Heck, if you threw enough money at me, I would sell my prototype and whitewood. If you want to the game quickly, you can put out a WTB ad and see if anyone wants to sell.
--Scott

#5345 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Anyway, I’m new to the hobby, and itch to have my second pin short term.

We've all been there, we all get it. I'm not mocking anyone who's impatient, waiting sucks, but it is what it is. I have my game because I paid my $1000, and I waited.

You'll learn later that getting games fast isn't the best way to do it, that it's better to have the right ones. But you can't learn that from me typing, you gotta figure it out yourself.

#5346 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not mocking anyone who's impatient

Good. Because I'm just going into a self induced coma till mine gets here.

#5347 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

waiting sucks, but it is what it is.

Man, TNA was the easiest wait I’ve ever had on a NIB machine.
You guys want to really wait?
Take a time machine back to early 2011, put even more money down and wait patiently (while still making payments!) for your WOZ to show up!

Pinheads these days!

#5348 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Take a time machine back to early 2011, put even more money down and wait patiently for your WOZ to show up!

I remember that!

And then our buddy just bought one spur of the moment while you were still waiting.

#5349 6 years ago

And it didn’t bother me one bit...
Now Hobbit on the other hand with it’s blantant “new-customer-line-jumping-promo-parties”, was a completely different story.
That $#!t was a slap in the face to the early pre-orderers.

#5350 6 years ago

I just checked my records because I was curious, with all these OMG I CAN'T WAIT posts.

I reserved my TNA spot on July 28th 2017, $1000 down.

I paid in full February 8th 2018.

So even though I got in early I waited the same 6 months people are talking about. You don't want to do it? Don't. But those of us who have the game did it, so don't look for a lot of sympathy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.