Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 87 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 145.
#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What about 3 players. Beginning of game the software randomly picks 2 on 1 scenario.

OK OK, here is how it works...

There are 2 co op modes. "Co Op Mode" and "Team Vs. Mode".

The first thing you do to activate these modes is press and hold the start button when adding player 1. This will start the standard co op mode and will flash it up on the LCD. This mode is everyone vs the machine. If you want to do team vs mode, you press and hold the start button again until the screen says Team Vs. Mode. Then you must add all 4 players. This mode links players 1 and 3 together and 2 and 4 together. If you launch the ball without 4 players added to the game, it will default back to standard co op mode. You can also toggle between the 2 modes before starting the game by pressing and holding the start button before you launch the first ball.

Hope that makes sense.

--Scott

pasted_image1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The first thing you do to activate these modes is press and hold the start button when adding player 1. This will start the standard co op mode and will flash it up on the LCD. This mode is everyone vs the machine. If you want to do team vs mode, you press and hold the start button again until the screen says Team Vs. Mode. Then you must add all 4 players. This mode links players 1 and 3 together and 2 and 4 together. If you launch the ball without 4 players added to the game, it will default back to standard co op mode. You can also toggle between the 2 modes before starting the game by pressing and holding the start button before you launch the first ball.
Hope that makes sense.
--Scott

Your thought to code is AMAZING

#5253 1 year ago

Hope that makes sense.
--Scott

So no chance of a 1player vs 2player mode if 3 players are selected for VS CO-OP?

#5254 1 year ago

This is why programmers should stay out of fan forums -- FEATURE CREEEEEEEEEEEP

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So no chance of a 1player vs 2player mode if 3 players are selected for VS CO-OP?

Can't guy 3 just be player 2 and player 4?

#5256 1 year ago

Hope that makes sense.
--Scott

Makes perfect sense and is awesome. Great work!

Not that I think it needs more modes but if you did add more you could probably switch to the secret game select menu screen brought up by holding the start button. Use the flippers to move selection up and down, press start to select.

“Game Selection: Choose a mode”
1. CoOp Mode
2. Team Versus Mode
3. Lionman Mode
4. Be the bad guys
5. Cancel... Start a Normal Game

Not really much different from how you’re doing it... but just had them all on one screen.

(And again, it’s fine the way it is)

#5257 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You mean a regular game? hahaha 1 vs 2?

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

Can't guy 3 just be player 2 and player 4?

true, same thing I guess.

Quoted from epthegeek:

This is why programmers should stay out of fan forums -- FEATURE CREEEEEEEEEEEP

I'm sure Scott is strong enough not to be overly influenced by the mob.

You mean a regular game? hahaha 1 vs 2?

Player 1 & 3 vs player 2.......but now I think about it herg makes sense - probably no different than one guy taking spot 2 and 4

#5259 1 year ago

Fantastic Scott!

#5261 1 year ago

thenotrashcougar

So, Scott, which mode turns the pinball machine into a hot tub?

Little confused on which buttons to press?

#5262 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

thenotrashcougar
So, Scott, which mode turns the pinball machine into a hot tub?
Little confused on which buttons to press?

You know which button, stop goofing around... I am not adding instructions to the attract mode...

#5263 1 year ago

I can't even program my VCR.

I'm going to have a hell of a lot of fun when this one arrives!

#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can't even program my VCR.
I'm going to have a hell of a lot of fun when this one arrives!

Did u order Odin? Awesome!

What number?

#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did u order Odin? Awesome!

Yeah, I decided I may never see that Experts Of Dangerous after all. So I'm using that money here.

#5266 1 year ago

Great job! Wow by the time my number #296 rolls around who knows how many extra features will be in the game and I was 100% good with none of them!

#5267 1 year ago

You know which button, stop goofing around... I am not adding instructions to the attract mode...

Love it!!!

#5268 1 year ago

So any of the mod makers reading this thread want to make some lit drop targets for TNA like the ones they made for WOZ/AFM?

#5269 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Player 1 & 3 vs player 2.......but now I think about it herg makes sense - probably no different than one guy taking spot 2 and 4

the difference is that in 1v2, its 2 players versus 1 player (6 balls vs 3 balls). in 2v2, its 6 balls each. so if you have 1 really amazing player vs 2 noobs, you dont want to give the really amazing player 6 balls....

i guess they could just drain player 4s balls though (did i phrase that right?)

#5270 1 year ago
Quoted from grimnim:

the difference is that in 1v2, its 2 players versus 1 player (6 balls vs 3 balls). in 2v2, its 6 balls each. so if you have 1 really amazing player vs 2 noobs, you dont want to give the really amazing player 6 balls....
i guess they could just drain player 4s balls though (did i phrase that right?)

I get that, but the only fair way would be 6 balls per team whether 1 or 2 players on the team. Ideally you’d want to try and balance the skill level of the teams as much as possible.

#5271 1 year ago

Team vs. unlimited ball mode? Teams keep playing until one of them destroys reactor 9?

Great work on the code, Scott. Makes the wait for my game that much harder.

#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I get that, but the only fair way would be 6 balls per team whether 1 or 2 players on the team. Ideally you’d want to try and balance the skill level of the teams as much as possible.

I just love seeing these new features get developed. I am sure it'll keep those waiting for it to arrive pumped and give spooky an uplift in sales.

the 1 and 3 vs 2 and 4 in team vs is genius because it keeps the ball stealing strategy the same but that said, I would still love a virtual ball lock instead of ball stealing option.

I invisage this game in a few years, modded up with an action button on the lock bar, you walk up to it, hit start and select the game mode from a menu on the LCD like an arcade game.

possibilities are endless, excited to see how far Scott wants to take it

#5273 1 year ago

1 and 3 vs. 2 and 4.

I know it’s already selling well but this should push sales up even more. Nothing would better than ragging on your friend when he messes up after you give him a great lead or when he leaves the multiball qued up for the other team.

#5274 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know it’s already selling well but this should push sales up even more. Nothing would better than ragging on your friend when he messes up after you give him a great lead or when he leaves the multiball qued up for the other team.

I was thinking this also. Always fun to have a little in-team ragging as well as team vs. team competition. I can see after a few beers how this can be great!

I would suggest for those that have this out on location, to make up an "instruction" sheet noting that these options exist, with a short description of each mode and how to start each mode. This is a new thing in pinball and won't be obvious to those outside of our little bubble.

#5275 1 year ago

For everyone asking for 2v1, just have the player that's alone drain player 4.

#5276 1 year ago

thenotrashcougar This game just keeps getting better and better! When I told my wife about co-op mode she was excited - we always enjoy games that provide an opportunity to tag team vs. strictly competing. Thank you!

Waiting patiently for our unit to hit the line!

Your and spookycharlie 's commitment to this title has cemented our interest in picking up ACNC!

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

For everyone asking for 2v1, just have the player that's alone drain player 4.

Or have that player just play both spots.

However if you have just 3 players probably better just play vs mode.

I guess some people are saying 2 on 1 such as a handicap match if one player is much better (2 players 6 balls against one player 3 balls).

I do agree that the instructions for starting can be a bit confusing if it is on location.

#5278 1 year ago

2 v 1.... just let player 4 balls drain.

#5279 1 year ago

I'll check out this new mode on stream tonight.

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Sure, but on location your paying extra for each game. However that’s probably not a big issue as most are in home use.

#5281 1 year ago

Wait so for someone who isn't very good at the game but loves it couldn't I use coop mode as a kind of easier mode so I get more chances to destroy reactors? Ill just play all four players?
Sounds like a great addition and I cant wait to play versus my brother as well.

#5282 1 year ago

Love the new co-op and team vs options. BUT, I would also like to see the 2-3 vs 1 option as well. Lots of examples (families, friends that suck, etc) where having a handicap match where two or three lesser players try to beat a more skilled player would be fun. As someone earlier joked, 3 vs Bowen. The game has already crossed the aggregate score barrier, I would think adding variations of who's score adds to which total would be a lesser feat.

#5283 1 year ago

I get the co-op and team mode. It's pretty neat to have that option. Now guys are asking for 2vs1 or 3vs1 or is there an option to turn the bass down because the locals are butthurt about the noise? When does it stop? I'm not trying to be negative but can't you just hit start and play the game how it was intended? I could see if everyone had defeated all 9 reactors already and it was common to do so each time you played. Then people begging for different modes would have some ground to stand on. Great game Scott, and whatever the hell you decide to put in the game is fine by me! After all....you designed the damn thing

#5284 1 year ago

What # is shipping at this point?

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I get the co-op and team mode. It's pretty neat to have that option. Now guys are asking for 2vs1 or 3vs1 or is there an option to turn the bass down because the locals are butthurt about the noise? When does it stop? I'm not trying to be negative but can't you just hit start and play the game how it was intended? I could see if everyone had defeated all 9 reactors already and it was common to do so each time you played. Then people begging for different modes would have some ground to stand on. Great game Scott, and whatever the hell you decide to put in the game is fine by me! After all....you designed the damn thing

I'm fine if none of the new options get added. I have TNA already, and I love it. But now that the door's been opened for other multiplayer options, I'm eager to enjoy it with other people. Most of the people I play with suck! The co-op will help with that. It would be cool if there were ways to draw in the other players in competitive modes without me purposely draining balls to not blow away their scores. I don't have to beat reactor 9 (which I'm not close to doing) to wish I had more ways / people to enjoy the game with.

It goes without saying that it's Scott prerogative what, if anything, to add. Scott's started the ball rolling by introducing the feature, so it's natural for people to give input as to how they might utilize a version of the feature. Don't act like this is remotely similar to the people who were begging for different graphics back at the reveal of the production game.

#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What # is shipping at this point?

I’ve been told me #112 is on the line this week. Will be at The Sanctum as soon as I get it.

#5287 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I’ve been told me #112 is on the line this week. Will be at The Sanctum as soon as I get it.

Thanks for the update..

#5288 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

But then it’s 6 balls vs 3 balls which is not really fair (unless you’re aiming to handicap a player). Better the single player guy play 2 and 4. Will be the same as if the feature was “coded”.

Anyway, all just talk. Great game as it is - doesn’t really need anything more. Yet Scott adds more.

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But then it’s 6 balls vs 3 balls which is not really fair (unless you’re aiming to handicap a player). Better the single player guy play 2 and 4. Will be the same as if the feature was “coded”.
Anyway, all just talk. Great game as it is - doesn’t really need anything more. Yet Scott adds more.

I think that’s what someone was implying - for me, I don’t care. I think it’s fine as is!

#5290 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I should be hearing something soon then!

#5291 1 year ago

Scott, will you be providing a manual of game play and code.

zzzzz1envha (resized).jpg

#5292 1 year ago

Someday, i WILL figure out how to trigger the super secret Easter Egg mode that changes all the music to PHISH

#5293 1 year ago

Are we proud of Scott and our little team over here in Benton? Yep... sure am!

Getting caught up from TPF... TON of games to inspect and ship! I'm on it.

100_5648 (resized).JPG

100_5649 (resized).JPG

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'd like to see a mode that allows players 1&3 battle players 2&4!!! That would make for some fun!

A feature that I really wished was put on my WWFRR . Tag team!

#5295 1 year ago

I watched the Bowen video, and got interested enough to place an order soon.

I inquired and the wait is currently fall 2018 for delivery.

Now it’s a tough call as who knows what else is announced this year.

Bummer this won’t be an impulse buy situation. Good for spooky though.

#5296 1 year ago

Hey Scott
Congrats on receiving the Pinball News Game of the Year 2017 award!
I should have got your autograph weeks ago. Now the line is too long.
Wally

#5297 1 year ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Congrats on receiving the Pinball News Game of the Year 2017 award!
I should have got your autograph weeks ago. Now the line is too long.

My TNA is definitely 10k by Xmas now

IMG_6834 (resized).jpg

#5298 1 year ago

I got my “invite” to pay for the remainder for my game which will go on the line “soon”. Woo-hoo! The wait is almost over!
(#124)

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I got my “invite” to pay for the remainder for my game which will go on the line “soon”. Woo-hoo! The wait is almost over!
(#124)

Excellent.

#5300 1 year ago

Money sent for #126!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sylacauga, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside