Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 145.
#5151 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After I got home from playing Nimble's TNA last night I tried to recreate the glory I had just found.
So I had a few drinks and a few rips and started playing whatever newer games I have. Man, do those seem obsolete now!
I ended up playing Skateball until three in the morning and thanked the lord I at least have that one. It's gonna have to do for now.
Again, what is the wait time on getting a TNA?

That’s the TNA effect!

You get so velocitized by TNA and the endorphine rush that other “normal” games lose their appeal. Let’s call it High Intensity Pinball (HIT).

Playing Metallica afterwards I’m thinking “Why does it take the ball so long to come back to the flippers? These ramps must be the longest ramps ever...”

#5152 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My estimate, based on available info, is about 5 months.

(~10 per week, ~120 produced, 320+ ordered)

#5153 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not used to playing games with such long ball times, but it is fun enough and deep enough, that that's not a real issue.

Spicoli Translation:
Compared to 15-30 seconds per ball on his EMs, TNA is maybe 60 seconds a ball.
Definitely feels like an eternity for ol’ O-Din.

#5154 6 years ago

Just played TNA for the first time. Ab-so-lute-ly loved it! Got 2 reactors down on my first game (thanks to the hours of whitewood and production video viewing) and felt like a super hero.

Then Bowen walks in and gets 7 reactors in 2 balls, and then drains with one shot on the 9th reactor on ball 3.

Really grounds me when I thinking I’m ‘that good’ at pinball.

#5155 6 years ago

Update. We went back to play it. It’s that much fun. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5156 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After I got home from playing Nimble's TNA last night I tried to recreate the glory I had just found.
So I had a few drinks and a few rips and started playing whatever newer games I have. Man, do those seem obsolete now!
I ended up playing Skateball until three in the morning and thanked the lord I at least have that one. It's gonna have to do for now.

Been feeling lately that I've waited an eternity for my game and still have a long wait to go.. Then I realized its only been 60 days. This game sure is funny like that.

#5157 6 years ago

Fixed the nip slip for you TheNoTrashCougar

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 10.52.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-10 at 10.52.34 PM (resized).png

#5158 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Then Bowen walks in and gets 7 reactors in 2 balls, and then drains with one shot on the 9th reactor on ball 3.

The fact that Bowen has blown reactor 9 at least twice but still can't get enough speaks volumes.

#5159 6 years ago

Great game. Great company. Can’t say enough. One weird thing: i’ve now had 2 different flipper return springs break. I just take the next ring down and bend them back in place, so no harm done, but why is this happening? Did they use a different type of spring than is typical? I’ve never had this happen in any other game, ever, including other Spooky games.

#5160 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just played TNA for the first time. Ab-so-lute-ly loved it! Got 2 reactors down on my first game (thanks to the hours of whitewood and production video viewing) and felt like a super hero.
Really grounds me when I thinking I’m ‘that good’ at pinball.

Is it on location in New England? I’ll play you next time you go

#5161 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Great game. Great company. Can’t say enough. One weird thing: i’ve now had 2 different flipper return springs break. I just take the next ring down and bend them back in place, so no harm done, but why is this happening? Did they use a different type of spring than is typical? I’ve never had this happen in any other game, ever, including other Spooky games.

Same thing happened to me, both bottom springs kept breaking. I swapped them out for a little thicker version I had and no problems since.

In my case they kept breaking at the flipper mech hole, not the pawl. Not sure if the hole was unusually sharp or the springs were poor quality.

I would replace the springs if you can. Worked for me.

#5162 6 years ago

I recommend these flipper springs. They are thick, but do not have more tension, so the flipper will still feel the same. These work great.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=774

#5163 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I recommend these flipper springs. They are thick, but do not have more tension, so the flipper will still feel the same. These work great.

Perhaps this is something they can install at the factory instead of us having to swap out?

#5164 6 years ago

Just found out a TNA is on location in Mesa, AZ. Will be playing it asap!!

#5165 6 years ago

Can you also recommend them to Charlie?

#5166 6 years ago

So I finally got to play TNA on location at madcap brewery in Kent Ohio and the hype is real. It really is an awesome game, lights, sound, rules, art. It really blew me away. Just one more game.

#5167 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Fixed the nip slip for you thenotrashcougar

You made me spray beer!

#5168 6 years ago

Always a good weekend when you get to play some TNA. Thankfully, I'm living close to the only one routed for $.25.

#5169 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Always a good weekend when you get to play some TNA. Thankfully, I'm living close to the only one routed for $.25.

25 cents? What’s beer? A nickel???

#5170 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

easy to do when the operator built the game

#5171 6 years ago

I'm not sure may who built the games would do that, but it's awesome to have an operator that's willing to put their personal game on location while also donating the coin drop to the local fire department. We played quite a bit of TNA and some RZ on Friday. Got on the high score board for TNA and the worst score for RZ. It's so tempting to just try to finish off reactors, but you really need to max them out. I think my highest score came with only two reactors.

#5172 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not sure may who built the games would do that, but it's awesome to have an operator that's willing to put their personal game on location while also donating the coin drop to the local fire department. We played quite a bit of TNA and some RZ on Friday.

Hang out with Charlie, Kayte and his family in Benton WI for a few days and you'll find out how wonderful small town living can be.

#5173 6 years ago

I was in Chicago last week and found this game at a small pub. the guy I was with plays but only when I come to town. I gave him the little of the back story I know about it ("home made", did all rules, music ect). his first words were, well that looks very simple. What a fast fun game. From all of the reviews I knew I would like it but it really is a fun/ FAST game. Great light show. Music was better than I was expecting it fit in.

#5174 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hang out with Charlie, Kayte and his family in Benton WI for a few days and you'll find out how wonderful small town living can be.

Is hot-tub time included in the small town preview... you know, just to see if we'll like it?

#5175 6 years ago

I shoulda called earlier. The wait is killing me.

#337.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5176 6 years ago

For those keeping score at home...#109 sans butter here but still no word.

#5177 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Don’t worry foo!
Once the day arrives and you get to play your first game on your very OWN TNA, the patience and $$$ will have all been worth it.

Just yesterday I pulled an all day-er at Banning working on machines for AE 4.0, and even though I was pretty tired from that and the traffic coming home, I still managed to play an hour straight of TNA with the family before everyone headed off to bed.
(Which of course is like 45-50 games. )
My two year old can’t get enough of “Tota-l Newclear Anihilmashun!”

#5178 6 years ago

I won't be sending out any emails on games this week. We are crazy busy getting ready for Texas!! But there will be a bunch of emails to send when I get back!

#5179 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

I won't be sending out any emails on games this week. We are crazy busy getting ready for Texas!! But there will be a bunch of emails to send when I get back!

Is Texas over yet? I want to send my final TNA payment and order AC at the same time

#5180 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Slacker.

#5181 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

We are crazy busy getting ready for Texas!!

zzzUntitled (resized).pngzzzUntitled (resized).png

#5182 6 years ago

That picture is going to be making the rounds for a long time.

#5183 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That picture is going to be making the rounds for a long time.

HAHA, It's a pretty funny picture. I used to know how to party, not so much anymore. This version is the best with the charlie head over my nip!
--Scott

#5184 6 years ago

HAHA, It's a pretty funny picture. I used to know how to party, not so much anymore. This version is the best with the charlie head over my nip!
--Scott

would be better with a photoshopped banger borat on...

#5185 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

would be better with a photoshopped banger borat on...

Definitely. Leave the charlie head in there too. Also, can I make a request? Make my eyes look like they are popping out like a cartoon character. hahahah

#5186 6 years ago

Now we're talkin'.... I can just imagine the fishbowl shoes sitting next to the hot tub!

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.17.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.17.40 PM (resized).png

#5187 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.19.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.19.37 PM (resized).png

#5188 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I know where that one is!!!

#5189 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Now we're talkin'.... I can just imagine the fishbowl shoes sitting next to the hot tub!

OK, that is the best one yet!

#5190 6 years ago

What, no pimp hat and glasses for mini Kuato Charlie???
For shame 27dnast!!!

#5191 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

What, no pimp hat and glasses for min Kuato Charlie???

Just a fedora please. I'm not the rock star Scott is.

Back to working on Alice! Holy hell is pinball hard.

#5192 6 years ago

It would be a lot easier if you could keep up with the demand for TNA. I'd buy one right now. I might just anyway.

#5193 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Holy hell is pinball hard.

That’s funny, my lockdown bar receiver says the same thing!
Small world...

2F692D65-2621-4E5C-9B1C-2F0477EDCEB6 (resized).jpeg2F692D65-2621-4E5C-9B1C-2F0477EDCEB6 (resized).jpeg
Keep up the good work Charlie!
My wife and I are looking forward to playing the next phase of Spooky at TPF.
Do they make a caffeinated Spotted Cow to help with the drive over?

#5194 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Small world...

Is that a LIONMAN lockdown bar? NICE!

#5195 6 years ago

I know where that one is!!!

Such a tease...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#5196 6 years ago

For those going to TPF this year, I was surprised to see that Freeplay in Richardson had a TNA on location... if you wanted to play it early.

#5197 6 years ago

Just a fedora please. I'm not the rock star Scott is.
Back to working on Alice! Holy hell is pinball hard.

I can hear Nate Shivers....

#5198 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

They all do... literally inspected every game that has ever left here. I care and stuff!

Summer help will be back and we'll keep everything moving as fast as we can. TnA is still solo on the line and will be for a while... hoping to get it fairly caught up before Alice starts rolling. Tall task to say the least with it still selling well!

Ahhhhhh yes, the growing pains of a small pinball company. Good problems, but still problems.

#5199 6 years ago

I've always been a patient man and in not much a hurry. So if I place an order now can I get #420 and can I get it by Christmas?

#5200 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've always been a patient man and in not much a hurry. So if I place an order now can I get #420 and can I get it by Christmas?

Ha. I like your thinking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/104?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.