Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 145.
#5101 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I find this interesting. Are the butter cabinets really that much more fragile? I would expect an automotive clear coat to be more durable than vinyl decals.

I think he was meaning be extra careful because they need more room/time to dry. (Maybe Charley can elaborate) but I think when I was ordering, was told that the butter needs time to dry/cure.

I am not sure which way I'll go. I saw one on location, was not butter but the decals were impeccable. I was trying to decide if it was a decal in fact (I believe it was a decal mainly because it was not high gloss).

#5102 6 years ago

The original woz direct print cabinets were done by Charlie. If you like those you will definitely like TNA.

#5103 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We're doing per average 8 to 10 games per week.

Ok... to simplify the math, let’s call this 9.

We've built over 120 now...

I’m #302, so that’s about 180 until you get to me. Roughly 20 weeks at 9 games per week.

20 weeks from now is July 26th... first day of Pinburgh. Yay!! If I’m lucky, I’ll be expecting a nice surprise for early August. And since KT said said I’d get my game “this summer” when I asked her before placing my order, she was spot on... in fact plenty of room to spare if production slows a bit due to ACNC.

#5104 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t think fragile is the right word in this case. They are worried they will scratch them and that would be expensive to fix as compared to a decal if a decal somehow was damaged during manufacturing, it’s how I read it anyway.

Quoted from rai:

I think he was meaning be extra careful because they need more room/time to dry. (Maybe Charley can elaborate) but I think when I was ordering, was told that the butter needs time to dry/cure...

I hope that's what he meant. That would make more sense.

Quoted from Fortytwo:

The original woz direct print cabinets were done by Charlie. If you like those you will definitely like TNA.

I had no idea. That is very cool to hear.

#5105 6 years ago

The butter cabinets are definitely not more fragile by any means, but if Charlie or team scratch it, they will need to fix it and that costs time and money. It has to arrive to the customer looking perfect I love my butter cab and I am less worried about scratching it than my prototype with a regular decaled cabinet since I can buff out a scratch in clear coat, but I would have to paint a scratch in a decal. But I do not speak for everyone.

#5106 6 years ago

Mikey wants some butter!

#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The butter cabinets are definitely not more fragile by any means, but if Charlie or team scratch it, they will need to fix it and that costs time and money. It has to arrive to the customer looking perfect I love my butter cab and I am less worried about scratching it than my prototype with a regular decaled cabinet since I can buff out a scratch in clear coat, but I would have to paint a scratch in a decal. But I do not speak for everyone.

Very much looking forward to my butter man. Almost there!

#5108 6 years ago

Also, I forgot to add, the neon colors are hot as shit on the butter cabinet.

#5109 6 years ago

Yes, the ability to buff out minor scratches is a big benefit in my opinion.

I think I'm convinced that I need the butter cabinet.

#5110 6 years ago

Here it is guys and gals. v1.1.0!
Changelog:
v1.1.0 – 02/21/2018 – Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
– Fixed issue with attract frames loading 2 times on reset. This will slightly speed up the
game over reset process. Still working on making this faster. Michael Ocean is awesome.
– Fixed small video lag at beginning of first ball in the Welcome to the Future animation.
– Removed log file issues with bonus and PNG headers (not anything anyone cares about besides me)
– Significant video performance enhancements.
– Fixed bugs in Ball Search functionality.
– Fixed hard crash when trying to do a quick restart during the bonus count.
– Fixed bug where angry player can tilt out the next player too easily.
– Cleaned up unnecessary Ballsearch log error.
– Fixed Secret Skillshot exploit.
– Fixed attract mode ballsearch so it will not keep cycling if a player is too impatient for the balls to reset and drain.
– Fixed log error when saving data files to disk.
– Fixed tilt issue where prior player tilts after bonus.
– Jackpot lightshows improved.
– Shaker now enabled and disabled properly without machine restart.
– Shaker issue when starting mystery now disables properly.
– Destroy Reactor ballsave now active when multiball is running as well.
– Fixed Avg Ball Time Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Score Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Game Time Calculation.
– Changed Coin Drop notification font.
– Updated drop target handling logic to prevent balls from getting stuck in right scoop under specific conditions.
– Fixed some other misc font issues.
– Fixed flickering GI when lane changing the skillshot.
– Fixed coin drop issue for coins with a value larger than a single credit.
## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Significant changes to asset loading resulting is quicker boot times
– Super jackpot will now add a ball into play for up to a 4 ball multiball! This also enables up to 4x playfield multipliers. Indicated with white colored flashing ball lock inserts.
– Add A Ball is limited to 1 ball added per multiball.
– Destroyed reactors now score 1 point each to store the player’s progress in the last digit of their score. Match will ignore this last digit and treat it like a 0. For example, if a player earns 100,000 points and destroys 2 reactors their score would be 100,002.
– Reworking of display animations and notifications to clean up a bunch of things.
– Lock Quickshot display and scoring updates.
– Skillshot now displays score values when awarded.
– Adjusted orbit timer from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
– Set default coil power settings to Bryan Kelly recommended settings, so you may want to update these after the update.
– Bonus now includes bonus total at end of bonus count. Also new lightshow and sound for that.
– Remastered music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation Album has been updated on the game. Also other various audio has been remastered throughout the game.
– Last game scores are now saved and recalled after a hard reboot of the game on the numeric displays. This was needed in case there was a display error that requires a machine restart so the scores are preserved.
– Locking a ball now awards 20k points.
– All LED test now can stop on specific colors when pressing the enter or start button.
– Jackpot Drop Reset Seconds is now configurable in the service menu.
– Secret Skillshot now awards a default time ball save, but allows multiple saves for the entire save time. Awesome.
– Add A Ball now enables default multiball ballsave.
– Reduced overall RAM usage of PC significantly.
– Early ball save added for cashing in a ball save on an outlane.
– Added drop target test in service mode.
– Added warning message on the display if drop target error is detected by the system.
– Added Free Game Percent to Coin Op Audits.
– Upper rollovers now advance reactor value and award a reactor shot when started.
– Added a few things to Mystery Mode
– New Tilt warning sound. Replaced the public domain missile siren with custom effect.
– Mystery awards are now stackable, meaning you can light mystery more than once and the game will keep track of it for you and you can cash it is by hitting the scoop multiple times.
– Ball save timer setting added to the add-a-ball ball save (separate from the standard ball save).
– Reactor Keypad now more evenly distributes spotted targets when targeting a new reactor.
– Ball saver will now pause for mystery award and reactor starting.
– Replay award can be selectable between Credit or Extra Ball.
– Multiball ball saver will now only save the first 3 balls drained.
– Reactor inserts now glow Orange when targeted indicating Extra Ball when applicable
– Tilt switch sensitivity added to service menu.
– Last scores now show on the LCD after game over.
– Can now scroll through the individual high score categories in attract mode.
– Music Test now tests ALL reactors.
## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HjwHSLOZ_19j1hv0srQBjvt4VoFWWyk0

DAMN

#5111 6 years ago

I kind of wish I’d gone butter, but my regular decals are glossy and super high quality - more than happy with them.

Having said that, when I’m playing this game, I couldn’t give a sh*t what is on the cab. None of it is going to matter unless I can defeat the 9 reactors to stop the world ending in the past.

#5112 6 years ago

We've built over 120 now

Gah! I have #121!

#5113 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm hoping you both get them soon as I am #169! OK #171, let's keep this going

#172 butter cab. can’t wait

#5114 6 years ago

I have 120. Radio silence but waiting patiently. Hang in there.

#5115 6 years ago

I'm loving my TnA, it has me stabbing at the start button more than I can remember. The wait is worth it for sure. For those waiting, enjoy your other games for now - they'll be neglected soon enough.

#5116 6 years ago

Looking forward to picking up my butter cab in person. Anyone went in person to pick their game up? Do you get to take a look around at some things? I'm excited either way but that would make it a little bit more awesome.

#5117 6 years ago

#124 here. Margarine cabinet. My distributor reached out to my the other day to find out if I had ordered the shaker and knocker and blades and sent them to Spooky yet. So they must be talking about me . . .

#5118 6 years ago

Yesterday I had some non-pinball co-workers over. They helped me stand up TnA and Guardians. Between those games plus my other games they all said they liked TnA the best. Pressing the start button over and over while ignoring the rest. They also liked Family guy but that was mostly because it was set to adult mode and you can't beat the callouts.

#5119 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Looking forward to picking up my butter cab in person. Anyone went in person to pick their game up? Do you get to take a look around at some things? I'm excited either way but that would make it a little bit more awesome.

I've picked up all three of my Spooky games at the factory and they are always more than accommodating even during their busy work schedule to spend some time with the customers.

#5120 6 years ago

#125 butter cabinet, I was asked for payment by 3/21, and to send shaker motor/knocker.. seems like the butter cabinet batch moved me up a few as they seem to be in the 90's at the moment. Thanks to all the others who have posted their status in line for us!

#5121 6 years ago

Got the email yesterday for final payment on #107.

Now I have to decide if it is going in my home or on location. Can't wait!

#5122 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Got the email yesterday for final payment on #107.
Now I have to decide if it is going in my home or on location. Can't wait!

put it on location and order a second for home!

you can thank me later. (this is not a joke)

#5123 6 years ago

Honestly, I have given that some consideration. Another thought is to just keep in on location until it has paid for itself then I have a free one at home.

#5124 6 years ago

What happened to the pink Sac Racks on the Pinball Life website? I don't even see them listed anymore, just the brown one.

There's a lot of TNAs in the pipeline that deserve a pink one. Hell it NEEDS a pink one. Will more be made available?

#5125 6 years ago

Also for those who already own....did TNA come with a coin box? Just curious.

#5126 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Also for those who already own....did TNA come with a coin box? Just curious.

From Spooky's email:

"OPERATORS.... If you need mechs, coin boxes, bill acceptor doors, etc, please let Kayte know at the time of your order. The vast majority of our games go to home sales, so these items are sold on a per-need basis to help keep costs under control."

#5127 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What happened to the pink Sac Racks on the Pinball Life website? I don't even see them listed anymore, just the brown one.
There's a lot of TNAs in the pipeline that deserve a pink one. Hell it NEEDS a pink one. Will more be made available?

I emailed Terry and he said they are from extra material they had on hand. Sounded like pink was finished and he is seeing what other colors of the extra material they had. This was about a month ago.

#5128 6 years ago

I like butter.

IMG_0229 (resized).JPGIMG_0229 (resized).JPG

#5129 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

#125 :party:butter cabinet, I was asked for payment by 3/21, and to send shaker motor/knocker.. seems like the butter cabinet batch moved me up a few as they seem to be in the 90's at the moment. Thanks to all the others who have posted their status in line for us!

#126 here...

TAKE MY MONEY!

#5130 6 years ago

Butter cabinet would make me too nervous. I need to be able to bang my game into my other games and get some lovely battle scars.

#5131 6 years ago

Ah, yes. The infamous Dino hot tub. Many of interesting times have happened there. That is a great picture, even though I look like I am stoned or drunk or both. Those are 2 good lookin' ladies with me though. I think I am also sporting my new 80's style swim suit.
--Scott

#5132 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Butter cabinet would make me too nervous. I need to be able to bang my game into my other games and get some lovely battle scars.

Kewl story bro!

#5133 6 years ago

Ah, yes. The infamous Dino hot tub. Many of interesting times have happened there. That is a great picture, even though I look like I am stoned or drunk or both. Those are 2 good lookin' ladies with me though. I think I am also sporting my new 80's style swim suit.
--Scott

Scott’s suit is floating just out of frame

#5134 6 years ago

I heard Charlie was wearing it on his head when he took the picture.

#5135 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Kewl story bro!

Aww, you’re sweet!

Metallica! Devil horns! Camel unfiltered!

#5136 6 years ago

That is a great picture, even though I look like I am stoned or drunk or both.

I smell a new Scott Danesi Is Awesome t-shirt. If only I knew someone with a shirt printer...

#5137 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I smell a new Scott Danesi Is Awesome t-shirt. If only I knew someone with a shirt printer...

Eh, that is the wrong kind of embarrassing.

#5138 6 years ago

That is a great picture, even though I look like I am stoned or drunk or both.
--Scott

Is that the girl from the TNA brochure?

#5139 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

"Paging Scott Danesi. Could you please pick up the white courtesy phone in the lobby."

#5140 6 years ago

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet!

Co-op mode coming!
Work WITH your friends to take down reactors!
Is this a first for pinball?

Will be shown at TPF!

Screenshot_20180310-133612~01 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180310-133612~01 (resized).png

#5141 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Yes it is, Scott’s wife whose featured on the back glass.

#5142 6 years ago

I played Nimble's TNA tonight and I must say I am impressed! Fun game for sure.

I'm not used to playing games with such long ball times, but it is fun enough and deep enough, that that's not a real issue. Build quality is as good as any, and everything seems to function as it should. The lane guides were a little off center with the flippers so there is a little ball hop, and the lockdown bar certainly isn't of the best quality as it has a ridge on one side where you put your hand, but all in all I give it a thumbs up.

#5143 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet!
Co-op mode coming!
Work WITH your friends to take down reactors!
Is this a first for pinball?
Will be shown at TPF!

Could be a first.

Another extension of this could be playing in teams of 2 to take down reactors.

#5144 6 years ago

Best quality wood in a play field I have seen in a long time. I gave it the thumbnail test on the side and it didn't budge. Fine furniture quality, I tell ya!

The light and sound show are spectacular!

I can't think of another modern game I'd rather play or own. How long's that wait again?

#5145 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Could be a first.

Its a game changer! I know you can just set that game at home to 6 balls and play a 2 player game but this is a first in pinball ans I can't wait to see where it leads.

#5146 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Could be a first.

We implemented various team features into the P3 and Lexy Lightspeed a while back. So it's not a first, but TNA is a perfect game for cooperative features, and I'm happy to see it being implemented.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-gameplay#post-2219629

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#5147 6 years ago

--Scott

I also see a nip slip. Don't you have any dignity?

#5148 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I also see a nip slip. Don't you have any dignity?

I do not, and I am proud of it.

#5149 6 years ago

pimpin aint easy (resized).jpgpimpin aint easy (resized).jpg

#5150 6 years ago

After I got home from playing Nimble's TNA last night I tried to recreate the glory I had just found.

So I had a few drinks and a few rips and started playing whatever newer games I have. Man, do those seem obsolete now!

I ended up playing Skateball until three in the morning and thanked the lord I at least have that one. It's gonna have to do for now.

Again, what is the wait time on getting a TNA?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/103?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.