Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 145.
#5001 6 years ago

Is it possible to update TNA using a Mac? Instructions?

#5002 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is it possible to update TNA using a Mac? Instructions?

Yes. Same as a PC. Copy the .pkg file to a thumb drive, insert it in the SBC USB port, turn the game on, and wait until it's done.

#5003 6 years ago

I tried to do that. It appeared to update successfully, but after power cycle it started ejecting ball after ball. Can’t start a game.

#5004 6 years ago

Going to a friends house tonight for #74 launch party. The game arrived with a non-working lcd display but they have sent a replacement and I'm going to help him install it this afternoon. Also have the v.1.1 on a USB to load. Hoping everything goes smoothly!

#5005 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I tried to do that. It appeared to update successfully, but after power cycle it started ejecting ball after ball. Can’t start a game.

Check your jam opto in the service menu.

#5006 6 years ago

Turns out I had a wire that wasn’t wedged down all the way in the connector for the opto transmitter board. Wedged it down, 100% fix.

Christopher with Spooky support was UNBELIEVABLY helpful. We exchanged no fewer than 18 emails, late into the evening, no doubt related to my dirth of technical knowledge. But, we diagnosed it together! I love my Spooky games, and will remain a loyal customer. You can’t go wrong with these guys. They know how to run a company. Buy with confidence! Bring on Alice Cooper!

#5007 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Turns out I had a wire that wasn’t wedged down all the way in the connector for the opto transmitter board. Wedged it down, 100% fix.
Christopher with Spooky support was UNBELIEVABLY helpful. We exchanged no fewer than 18 emails, late into the evening, no doubt related to my dirth of technical knowledge. But, we diagnosed it together! I love my Spooky games, and will remain a loyal customer. You can’t go wrong with these guys. They know how to run a company. Buy with confidence! Bring on Alice Cooper!

Holy crap. EXACT same problem here. The black wire on the 5 volt connector that goes from the small opto driver board to the trough opto was not pushed into the IDC. Took two experienced techs about 1 hour to find it. Still no display. The 2nd one arrived damaged. We connected the hdmi output to a big screen tv on the wall and rocked on!

#5008 6 years ago

I’m looking into placing my tna order... I’m shipping to (middle of nowhere) Midland Texas 79701, I’ve shipped 5 games to this area and they’ve all cost around $460.00 through Beltman / Michelle Bianchi (which usually comes by way of RL) .... anyone have any better ideas?

#5009 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m looking into placing my tna order... I’m shipping to (middle of nowhere) Midland Texas 79701, I’ve shipped 5 games to this area and they’ve all cost around $460.00 through Beltman / Michelle Bianchi (which usually comes by way of RL) .... anyone have any better ideas?

Spooky will arrange the shipping and you will get a better deal than that.

#5010 6 years ago

Anybody having trough launch error come up randomly because the ball loading takes two or three load ins to work properly intermittently in the game, not at the beginning of the game but like after a 2nd ball lock or destroying a reactor and what have you found to fix it. I am level ground at less than 6.5. Any suggestions where to start?

#5011 6 years ago

If the ball is not making it out of the trough, try increasing the power of the trough coil. Also, make sure you are using v1.1.0.02.

#5012 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Spooky well def do cheapest than that just ask them.

#5013 6 years ago

Has anyone installed Hooked on Pinball's lighted rails? Where do you plug the box into 12V power?

#5014 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Has anyone installed Hooked on Pinball's lighted rails? Where do you plug the box into 12V power?

Inside the main cabinet all the way in the back on the right. There’s an open spot.

#5015 6 years ago

I see open slots that are marked 48V, but none open marked 12V

#5016 6 years ago

The lighted side rail kit has a transformer and runs off the 48v. Also, it looks really cool.

#5017 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

If the ball is not making it out of the trough, try increasing the power of the trough coil. Also, make sure you are using v1.1.0.02.

Updated to new software 1.1.0.02 and so far so good without any ball trough errors and misfires. Thanks Scott.
Btw what was making it do that in the software?

#5018 6 years ago

Got it!

C12A709A-4E7B-48E4-B061-BA60BB62F27E (resized).jpegC12A709A-4E7B-48E4-B061-BA60BB62F27E (resized).jpeg

#5019 6 years ago

The speaker light kits are almost done, just waiting on some parts to make installation a breeze for you guys. They will be for sale directly on the Spooky website once available. I really like how they turned out and I am not much of a fan of these type of mods.

Now that is news I can use!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#5020 6 years ago

The speaker light kits are almost done, just waiting on some parts to make installation a breeze for you guys. They will be for sale directly on the Spooky website once available. I really like how they turned out and I am not much of a fan of these type of mods.

I take great offense to your use of the phrase: "these type of mods"!

jk...they are looking really nice and that is coming from someone that is generally a fan of these type of mods. I'm looking forward to getting more play time on TNA soon. I really hope the league finals host gets his delivered by then.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#5021 6 years ago

I just placed my email order with KT, deposit coming!

Scott, I played the Whitewood last year at TPF and was immediately hooked. It inspired me to add custom music to my Gamatron , which I feel like these games may have some sort of spiritual relation

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gamatron-scratch-build

By the way... the inspiration for adding in the music to Gamatron came from following your blog of TA before you had brought out the Whitewood to share. Major Kudos !

#5022 6 years ago

The speaker light kits are almost done

Great news!

Quoted from EricHadley:

Do you know if they’ll be an option to be factory installed like the knocker and shaker?

Great question!

#5023 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I just placed my email order with KT, deposit coming!
Scott, I played the Whitewood last year at TPF and was immediately hooked. It inspired me to add custom music to my Gamatron , which I feel like these games may have some sort of spiritual relation
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gamatron-scratch-build
By the way... the inspiration for adding in the music to Gamatron came from following your blog of TA before you had brought out the Whitewood to share. Major Kudos !

What number are the up to?

#5024 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

What number are the up to?

I believe the number 320 was mentioned

#5025 6 years ago

I have not installed mine yet. did you have to take the head off or just one hinge for the side you were working on?

#5026 6 years ago

No, just the hinges. A little different from the process for the SWLE install. You have to remove the flipper buttons as well.

#5027 6 years ago

Anyone have an accurate measurement on the width of the backbox on TNA?

#5028 6 years ago

I believe Mr. Kelly said it was 28 3/4

#5029 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I believe Mr. Kelly said it was 28 3/4

"MISTER" Kelly!!!!??? WTF?! Since when has he been elevated to such stature???!!!

#5030 6 years ago

Don’t know if this has been asked before...

Are there audio outs on the game somewhere? Incase I want to hook up another sub, or sound system ?

#5031 6 years ago

Anyone getting their game this week? We should be getting some in the 80’s soon.

Let’s see some pictures.

#5032 6 years ago

I'm super curious about the total number shipped so far. Someone had suggested 2/day at one point... but that doesn't seem possible if you do the math.

#5033 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Don’t know if this has been asked before...
Are there audio outs on the game somewhere? Incase I want to hook up another sub, or sound system ?

I *think* there's a spare mini headphone plug jack on the back of the monitor, but not sure if that's what it's for.

In any case, other than maybe headphones use, I don't think you will need an external sub or sound system, this game sounds better than any pinball I've heard.

#5034 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Anyone getting their game this week? We should be getting some in the 80’s soon.

Let’s see some pictures.

#80 is sitting in a depot a few city's away. "Last mile" is scheduled for tomorrow.

#5035 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

#80 is sitting in a depot a few city's away. "Last mile" is scheduled for tomorrow.

Awesome. Still no word on my #81. Should be any day now as I was asked to pay in full last Monday.

#5036 6 years ago

I just got word... I’m either 330, or 334.

#5037 6 years ago

While waiting for #136, I test printed a few mod ideas that I'd like to install... Finals will be clear. No idea where to install them, I just wanted to make sure, I can print real tiny stuff

IMG_0663(1) (resized).jpgIMG_0663(1) (resized).jpg

IMG_0673(2) (resized).jpgIMG_0673(2) (resized).jpg

IMG_0677(2) (resized).jpgIMG_0677(2) (resized).jpg

reactor_LED_innen (resized).jpgreactor_LED_innen (resized).jpg

reactor (resized).jpgreactor (resized).jpg

#5038 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

While waiting for #136, I test printed a few mod ideas that I'd like to install... Finals will be clear. No idea where to install them, I just wanted to make sure, I can print real tiny stuff

Nice, I like em alot

#5039 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I test printed a few mod ideas that I'd like to install...

TNA shot glasses! An alcoholic version of the sac rack.

#5040 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Even better!

#5041 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Now this I like!

#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Now this I like!

who takes the shot ? the winner or the losers ? either way sounds like fun , I'm in!

#5043 6 years ago

Ugh 250 is still so far away :-/ Mikey wants nukey, Mikey wants pinbally, Mikey wants sweet fun

#5044 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

who takes the shot ? the winner or the losers ? either way sounds like fun , I'm in!

Two shots. The nasty one goes to the last place loser and the good one to first place loser. So wild turkey and a nice whisky.

Remember no one wins at TNA.

#5045 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Two shots. The nasty one goes to the last place loser and the good one to first place loser. So wild turkey and a nice whisky.
Remember no one wins at TNA.

Yikes! Sounds more like TPA (Total Puklear Annihilation)

#5046 6 years ago

Can anybody fill me in on what type of coin mech TNA will accommodate?

I'd really like to put a Microcoin QL Mech into the game, and I'm hoping it will slide right in and work with the game software out of the box the same way it will in a Stern pinball.

#5047 6 years ago

Did any go out this week? Keep waiting to see production volume go up, but afraid it may get even slower with AC going on the line.

#5048 6 years ago

#81 here was shipped out yesterday. Should have it Monday.

#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Did any go out this week? Keep waiting to see production volume go up, but afraid it may get even slower with AC going on the line

Are they not planning on finishing the TNAs before they commence the AC production?

#5050 6 years ago

I don’t believe so... haven’t they said they’re comfortable with a line of two?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.