(Topic ID: 202062)

Total Annihilation or GOTG or Pirates of the Caribbean?

By RetroToys

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jwilson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Which is the best bang for the buck, Total Annihilation or Guardians of the Galaxy or Pirates of the Caribbean? Considering buying one.

#2 2 years ago

Have you played all 3?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Have you played all 3?

That's why I pose the question, there's none to play here.

#4 2 years ago

I've played TNA and Pirates. I was in on TNA the day they opened the orders and am really happy with that decision. I am also trying to figure out how I can buy a Pirates next year, that game blew me away. As far as bang for the buck? At 8.5k for Pirates, that is a hefty buck but you can definitely see where your money is going. 6k for TNA feels right to me but you don't get all the fancy toys. You really should play them all though beforehand as they are COMPLETELY different games (at least TNA and Pirates play unlike anything else out there, my guess is GOTG will feel pretty similar to some other games Stern has made).

#5 2 years ago

Exactly what Ghostthruster says. I’ve played both and they are great but TNA is a shallow and brutal multiplayer game. Pirates blew me away and with only 25% code.

Couldn’t be more different. I’m sure Tilt in Minneapolis will get pirates and they already have TNA. Wait and take a trip to Minneapolis.

#6 2 years ago
    #7 2 years ago

Considering I have only had time on TNA that is my choice

TBT, this is a silly decision to make until you actually play all 3. If you must, then TNA is the most value.

6300ish gets you a loaded game with custom music, callouts, light show, tons of replay value, super simple to understand but super challenging to master.
    Also gets you amazing support on a rare title with superb build quality and attention to detail.

GOTG is going to run you around 5400 for a PRo model which is striped down and basd on a theme that will lose its luster quickly.

POTCJJP is damn fun but only 1 game played for me thus far and it obviously costs a lot more for even the entry price.

There is honestly no reason not to just sit back, wait, and play them all before deciding. After that, then decide.

It would likely be cheaper/wiser for you to book a trip to TPF in March or MGC in April and see/play them all.

#8 2 years ago

PotC is an "experience" game while TNA is a "gameplay" game. Ask yourself what kind of pinball collector you are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.95
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 75.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 47.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside