• Latest reply 8 years ago by Hawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hello . Does anyone have the torpedo alley latest software that is not german? Sterns site and ipdb are all german! Most recent one found is english 1.6.

#2 8 years ago

Where did you find the English 1.6 ROM? I've only ever been able to find a German ROM.

#3 8 years ago

in my game. Also ipdb has the 1.6 early english rom listed.

#4 8 years ago

Have you tried the German 2.1 ROM for comparison? I wonder if they used different numbers in different regions... Hell, maybe they never put out a later English ROM; I've heard speculation that of the 1000 made, approximately 200 were domestic games.

#5 8 years ago

john wart probably has it. I got a fresh set from him.

#6 8 years ago

200! Wow.... rare game or what! I will see what John has. Thx

#7 8 years ago

The PinMame 2.1 romset is also in English.
Isn't there a jumper setting for German?
I believe this was also on System 11 games.

#8 8 years ago

Can I use the pin mame version? I burned the 2.1 set available from stern and ipdb and they both come up german right away. no jumper or anything. Install 1.6 and bam english right away.
There are jumpers but different years require different things...ie some need roms burned and some a simple jumper change with a hard reset is all you need.

#9 8 years ago

Sure, pinmame ROMs are just the regular pin ROMs

#10 8 years ago

Hey thanks John!
Do you have an image of english 2.1 rom for TA? Or do you know for sure if the pinmame version is english?
Already erased and burned these extra chips 3 times trying to find english 2.1 [I always keep the originals too just in case] and not sure how many more times these will like to be changed.
Thanks again

#11 8 years ago

Yes, the PinMAME ones are the ones I use. Neo tested them in his machine.

#12 8 years ago

thanks again! Have a great day!!

#14 8 years ago

Any chance someone could email me the ROM? I don't have Pinmame, unfortunately

#15 8 years ago

You do not need pin mame. Just download the pinmame rom set and burn to chips and install..thats it.
Its the same image. If it does not work for you let me know.

#16 8 years ago

SOOO an update....There is no english 2.1 The 2.1 from pinmame has german script and english script. the regular 2.1 software is all german script and 1.6 is all english.
There is apparently no 2.1 'all english' version.
I tried and burned them all no no avail...1.6 it is.

#17 8 years ago

I put in 2.1 and yes it boots in german as the default. but you can just change the language option to english and it works fine.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I put in 2.1 and yes it boots in german as the default. but you can just change the language option to english and it works fine.

How do you do this? I can't decipher enough German to find that in the menu.

*EDIT* Never mind; I found in the manual that you have to go to adjustment 19 and set it to "on" to open up extra adjustments, then adjustment 44 is language.

#19 8 years ago

Any revision history between 1.6 and 2.1?

#20 8 years ago

Not sure about revision history. Suppose I could put the pin mame in and try it out and see if I notice anything. Right now I have 1.6 in .

#22 8 years ago

All of it? When I did pinmame version 2.1 it said torpedo alley in English and game play was English but the tests were in german. IE bad coil none and bad switch none was in german and the test/audit adjust menus were in german.
I am sure you can change the language in the adjustment menu as per CFH above [thanks man].......but I am not sure there is any difference between the revisions other than language at this point so I still have 1.6 in and will swap to 2.1 later and see what differences I notice if any.

#23 8 years ago

Here's a pic

image.jpgimage.jpg
#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

All of it? When I did pinmame version 2.1 it said Torpedo Alley in English and game play was English but the tests were in german. IE bad coil none and bad switch none was in german and the test/audit adjust menus were in german.
I am sure you can change the language in the adjustment menu as per CFH above [thanks man].......but I am not sure there is any difference between the revisions other than language at this point so I still have 1.6 in and will swap to 2.1 later and see what differences I notice if any.

See my previous post: I found in the manual that you have to go to adjustment 19 and set it to "on" to open up extra adjustments, then adjustment 44 is language.

#25 8 years ago

Curious how many spinners are supposed to be on the game. The manual mentions two and the TNT video has two:

But I have only seen games with right side spinners in person. Anyone else seen a left spinner installed?

#26 8 years ago

2..one on the right and left. Both timed shots and they start the depth sounder sound for a countdown

#27 8 years ago

You may have only seen a wireform instead of a spinner on the left. Mine has a wireform but a spinner would act the same. I think the early games have the wireform on the left

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/torpedo-alley-21-english-rom-imagesoftware-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.