5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180129_201358 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TecumsehPlissken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Sk8ball says (in that other thread) that the manual mentions 2 spinners... but IDK where he saw that ?? I looked in my manual & it shows a gate on the left side / spinner assy. on right side exactly as my game is but clearly there are 2 spinners on that game in the Todd Tuckey TNT video .... but in that video Todd also says they had some plastics from another game that they even created a plastic from old parts to replace the one missing plastic over the light the kickback target so... Maybe they put that other spinner in it @ TNT ??? just a guess also the sound is different on the gate side VS. the spinner side I don't know what the sound might be like on the left side with a spinner in there but I may just have to try it & find out
EDIT: oK I see it now on page 21 , item #25 is listed as "top left spinner" but in the playfield parts illustration on page 47 it shows a gate on the left side ... so....???

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

He also has a totally different plastic over the kickback target than I do; mine is flat, not sculpted.

he said that they made it from old plastics & it looks to me like they took the raised submarine part from one of the two 3d sculpted plastics & just cut it down to fit there

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Hey guys. There are not 2 versions of the game. Just some with spinners on both sides [common field fix] and some with a wireform on the left, which is factory correct.
They are both activating the same switch so it matters not whats there. Only that it exists to acknowledge that it was hit for the timed shots and so forth
The spinner fits in the metal form just like the wire form does. If someone did not know any better and saw it missing [common] one would just assume its missing a spinner.
I have a wireform on mine. And the original factory stuff is THIN. There was a recall for the spinners and gate wireforms on this and all the earlier data east games.
They actually shipped out heavier duty spinners and wireforms. I have a the service bulletin around here somewhere

all of this makes a lot of sense to me & I totally can understand the wire form recall part I had one of the wire gates break on my Time machine & the wire is Very thin also they have the wrong part # listed in the manual the one they have listed is twice as wide as the gate bracket & I had to have a new one made from scratch

#10 5 years ago

Parts ordered (spinner & decals) , I'm excited to try this...glad you posted this thread Collin , otherwise I would never have thought of it

2 weeks later
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Let me know what you think and where you grabbed decals! I'm contemplating doing a spinner on mine, as I got it with a rather janky wire gate

So I tried it last night & it works but not the way you would like it to.... I got that spinner working really good and while it is fun rip a spinner on both sides the sound effect is not there... it does score points like the other side just simply because the switch is the same ... I wonder if whomever bought that game from TNT still has two spinners in there ....I put the wire gate back in mine after one game ....... so Hawk007 you are correct but I just had to try it out for myself anyways

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TecumsehPlissken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/torpedo-alley-1-spinner-or-2?tu=TecumsehPlissken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.