Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-03-10_13.33.05.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to get with my budget. I have 2 pins that I enjoy a lot so I have a fairly small collection but get a lot of satisfaction from them. I have aprox $4500 to spend and in the next 2 weeks will be looking to buy. Here's where I'm stuck:

I'd love to have a SM but I think my budget is going to limit me there and honestly I'm not interested in paying much more that this for one pin. Where my debate starts is do I look at one new(er) machine

- TF pro
- IM Pro
- BDK - Don't even know if my budget allows for this one.
- AC/DC Pro (haven't played yet)

or 2 older ones
- JP, WCS, NF, Corvette

I've played all of these pins and really enjoy them all. The only excpetion is AC/DC but I'll be playing it at the Texas Pinball Festival which should help narrow down the first 3. I've already talked to Gex about the TF and know that I can get a NIB TF in my budget. Hopeing to find some good deals at the festival but if not I'll probally try and work a deal out with them on one of these.

I only have room for 5 pins but I know one will be a PinCab that I'm building right now. I know some people don't get these things but I enjoy them with the force feedback and flashers. Only way I'll be able to own a MM, MB, AFM, CV, CC, BBB. Not quite the real thing but I get almost as much enjoyment out of it as a real one. This means I only have room for 4 real pins.

My other pins are BOP and Batman DE. What are your thoughts and which pin(s) do you think would complement my current set-up well?

#2 12 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

- BKN - Don't even know if my budget allows for this one.

I must be having a brain fart, but what is BKN?

#3 12 years ago

My brain fart. It was supposed to be Batman Dark Knight. I updated it.

#4 12 years ago

Vett, try looking for an NGG. I just picked on up , added cointaker led's under the inserts and flashers plus a sony sub. It is a lot of fun.

#5 12 years ago

You should be able to pick up a SM for $4500. I'd definitely get one over any of the other Sterns you listed. Or pick up 2 older BWM's

#6 12 years ago

Chad H had a nice vette FS here and add one of the others....
or you could get NF-WCS and JP all for 4500.

#7 12 years ago

TF pro= GREAT PIN!!!!

#8 12 years ago

My LOTR is forsale.

2012-03-10_13.33.05.jpg2012-03-10_13.33.05.jpg

#9 12 years ago

Since you already have two older games I'd go for one of the Sterns. LOTRs would keep you busy for awhile.

#10 12 years ago

If budget is a concern, I'd pass on TF and AC/DC for starters; least bang for the buck out of many options, for both fun and price factor. (I spent a bunch of time on AC/DC and TF recently, was decidedly unimpressed.) SM or LOTR would be better choices for a recent pin that has staying power. If you like IM, something like NF would be similarly fun at half the price. Or, my stock suggestion of WPT and add another fun sub-$2k game....

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Chad H had a nice vette FS here and add one of the others...

Yeah, I was talking to him about the Corvette. It looked pretty nice and price was reasonable. Was just my luck though, found that one and another one both for the same price. The other one came with a spare clear coated playfield to but I was just in the looking period as I didn't know what my bonus was going to actually be. I kept both of their info but I'm betting neither are still for sale Would be awesome if Chad had another on my list to as I could maybe grab two. I'll have to ping him when the $$$ hits the bank account as I don't want to waste any more of his time.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You should be able to pick up a SM for $4500.

You really think so? I've been keeping my eyes open and they are all $5K plus from what I've been able to find. Did see one in my budget but it was beat pretty bad. I know I'm a cruddy pinball finder though so if they are out there I may have to consider it as I love that pin.

Quoted from Av8:

My LOTR is [] forsale.

I do like LOTR. I'd be really surprised if yours was still available when I have cash in hand (4/1). I enjoy it but I don't love it so the price would be a factor for me as it would be $4K due to shipping it. It's really worth more along $3.5K in house to me. Not saying that's market or anything but just the tops I'd pay for one.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

My vote is for a new machine,AC/DC-very fast playing machine,I loved it yesterday when I got probably a dozen plays on one at Game Exchange of Colorado

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

smassa said:You should be able to pick up a SM for $4500.
You really think so? I've been keeping my eyes open and they are all $5K plus from what I've been able to find. Did see one in my budget but it was beat pretty bad. I know I'm a cruddy pinball finder though so if they are out there I may have to consider it as I love that pin.
Av8 said:My LOTR is [] forsale.
I do like LOTR. I'd be really surprised if yours was still available when I have cash in hand (4/1). I enjoy it but I don't love it so the price would be a factor for me as it would be $4K due to shipping it. It's really worth more along $3.5K in house to me. Not saying that's market or anything but just the tops I'd pay for one.

Sold LOTR. Got to move fast on the pins I sell.

Good luck on the hunt. ACDC Pro rocks and is an excellent value. You think your good? ACDC will challenge you(Laugh at you and knock you on your ass). Keep you come back for more. You will have dreams of it. It haunts me.

Did you see my son playing it?

Got mine from Flipper Fidelity with Shaker. Recommended.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to get with my budget. I have 2 pins that I enjoy a lot so I have a fairly small collection but get a lot of satisfaction from them. I have aprox $4500 to spend and in the next 2 weeks will be looking to buy. Here's where I'm stuck:
I'd love to have a SM but I think my budget is going to limit me there and honestly I'm not interested in paying much more that this for one pin. Where my debate starts is do I look at one new(er) machine
- TF pro
- IM Pro
- BDK - Don't even know if my budget allows for this one.
or 2 older ones
- JP, WCS, NF, Corvette
I've played all of these pins and really enjoy them all. The only excpetion is AC/DC but I'll be playing it at the Texas Pinball Festival which should help narrow down the first 3. I've already talked to Gex about the TF and know that I can get a NIB TF in my budget. Hopeing to find some good deals at the festival but if not I'll probally try and work a deal out with them on one of these.
I only have room for 5 pins but I know one will be a PinCab that I'm building right now. I know some people don't get these things but I enjoy them with the force feedback and flashers. Only way I'll be able to own a MM, MB, AFM, CV, CC, BBB. Not quite the real thing but I get almost as much enjoyment out of it as a real one. This means I only have room for 4 real pins.
My other pins are BOP and Batman DE. What are your thoughts and which pin(s) do you think would complement my current set-up well?

Why is spiderman and batman out of budget? You can get HUO versions of these pretty easily for $4000. I'd definitely get a spiderman.

#16 12 years ago

For that budget, I would always recommend a 2 vs. 1 - i.e. you could potentially score a WCS94 and a NGG; with that you could play both for (at least) a year, and then if you get tired of one trade up plus cash for a LOTR/IM/SM. I'm not huge on Stern games, but at the same time you can always use an older game as trade bait or simply sell for cash to put toward a newer Stern like Spiderman or BDK.

#17 12 years ago

You can easily get LOTR, TSPP, or SM for $4500 or under.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

That's right,These 3 titles are probably the best so far from Stern.Very deep rules also

#19 12 years ago

all I can say is I love my Corvette...and by your Sn you would also...plus you get to keep over 1500 funny money

#20 12 years ago

I'd like to know where the $4000 HUO Spiderman is. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'd like to know where the $4000 HUO spiderman is. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Me too. Either SM or Batman. All I can find is routed ones for $5K. I knew I was bad at this but dang I must be the worst shopper out there. Heck I made a comment about 3 weeks ago to someone about a price check and I said, "If you just need to dump it fast sell it for $4K." I nearly got linched for that comment by the members.

#22 12 years ago

Do you like fast or slow ball times? If fast ball times, then IM, Tron, or TF. If slow ball times, then SM, BDK, or LOTR. Personally, I've found that I like the fast ball times, which I wouldn't have thought was the case a few years back. It's probably good to have both for variety in a collection. I see that you have the first batman, so if you're a superhero fan, maybe go for IM now and save for SM or BDK in the future for variety. Oh yeah, rumor has it that Avengers is next, and with Borg behind it, I expect another fast machine.

#23 12 years ago

Ac/DC Pro is a SUPER fast pin.

#24 12 years ago

Hey,

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think for $4,500, you're limiting yourself by only looking at the machines you've listed. With a handful of high-end exceptions, you're in the price range of getting more or less any machine out there in pretty good shape. Off the top of my head, you might want to take a look at Twilight Zone. I don't think any of the games you've suggested are in any way bad (I don't have experience with all of them), but trying out a game like TZ that relies on methodically lining up your shots as opposed to straight-up speed will at least let you know if you like that type of game, and maybe open some others doors for you. Just my two cents.

Luke

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'd like to know where the $4000 HUO spiderman is. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

HUO wasnt a requirement for him. Ive seen some decent Routed SM's sell for 2800-3200.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Do you like fast or slow ball times? If fast ball times, then IM, Tron, or TF. If slow ball times, then SM, BDK, or LOTR

I'm assuming your talking about longer ball times and not pace of play. When your hitting your shots SM is as fast as any of the others listed.

#27 12 years ago

If you were closer I would sell you a rbion and a nascar well under your budget.

#28 12 years ago

lukerp - I'm all ears. I've played TZ and honestly it bored me as I felt it was to easy. I think it was just one of thse pins I happened to just match well at as I'm not a good player at all. At Pinballz I popped 2 free games in a row the first time I played it. Second time I popped 3 in a row. I actually walked away from it after the 3rd game and gave it to a kid that was watching.

I'm trying to find another pin or two that will keep me wanting more like my BOP does. I play it 80% of the time because it beats me like a drum most of the time. It makes thing a challeng. I like the challeng of having to do something to accomplish a task but I tend to get bored if it's to much stop and go.

I think that is why I like SM so much. I just can't come close to the prices quoted though. If I could find one in good shape for the said prices I'd buy it and be done with the search

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Ive seen some decent Routed SM's sell for 2800-3200

Let me know when you see this again. I want one!! Sign me up!

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yep, LOTR yes, SM yes, TSPP no thanks for me.
AC/DC or Transformers is a good price new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/torn-4500-budget-but-whats-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.