Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

batman_004.JPG
    BMDK.JPG
    BMDK-1.JPG
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

I have been offered a huo Batman Dark Knight with just a couple hundred plays and led's, in exchange for my Getaway and Johnny Mnemonic. I know the dark knight is probably worth close to $4000. and I am getting a great deal monetarily speaking, but I have a hard time losing two pins to get one. I am not one of those guys that has tons of money to just keep buying more. What do you guys think?

#2 12 years ago

I think its a trade up. And if you get bored and need more pins, you can do exactly what he did. Consider it will mean half as much maintenance? Iv never played Dark Knight, but Id definitely consider the trade.

Ultimately though, I think you should probably ignore the financial implications first and weigh how much you love your JM and HS2, thats whats most important. Thats where the true value of a machine lies.

#4 12 years ago

I would take it. If all else falls you could trade bdk for one of those titles and enough cash to buy the other with plenty of change to spare. Neither HS2 or JM are particularly tough to get unless yours are cherry with 0 fade.

#5 12 years ago

Hmmmm.. Getaway and JM are pretty fun. Batman is pretty good IMO, and the crane toy is great. However, variety is great when it comes to pinball, and losing those two good machines may not work out so well when replacing them with the single Batman. Getaway and JM can also be pretty fast and furious pins, while Batman is not as much. If you like the fast gameplay of Getaway and JM I think you may regret it.

I don't think I'd do it. I'd like to see what everyone else says.

Now if it was a Spiderman you were being offered...

#6 12 years ago

Wow. As much as I like JM, I would do that in a heartbeat. If nothing else, unless your games are minty perfect, you would be tons of money ahead. As others have mentioned, JM and HS2 are both easy games to find and buy back later. This good of an offer doesn't come around often, so take it.

#7 12 years ago

Not sure if BDK is a 4K pin, but it would definitely be a trade up. If and when you tire of it and want to trade, you'll definitely have some trading power compared to what your trading away. Though, your trades are two great B titles, you could trade into an A title with the BDK. Seems to be a sought after pin for sure. I am on the lower end of the financial scale within this hobby, but after a few horse trades, Ive traded into and out of a few nice titles. Good luck!

#8 12 years ago

Go with your feelings.....all are great games

#9 12 years ago

Agreed. Take it from someone whole sold a BDK. It wasn't HUO, but I didn't get anywhere near $4K either. BDK, even HUO is only worth $3,750 and that's tops.

You'd be better of selling him both games, then going and buying an SM.

Quoted from pintastic:

Not sure if BDK is a 4K pin

#10 12 years ago

It's a good deal in terms of $.

Make the trade, play BDK enough to decide if it's a keeper, and if not, sell it and buy a getaway, a JM, and have cash left over.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

It's a good deal in terms of $.

Make the trade, play BDK enough to decide if it's a keeper, and if not, sell it and buy a getaway, a JM, and have cash left over.

+1. And take it from a person who struggles to make up their own mind on games..if you hate the trade, there is always tomorrow as far as new pins go.

As for the 2 you're trading, I wouldn't call HS2 a keeper. I had it, loved it, but wanted to move on. JM...I don't know. I just got it and currently can't quit playing it. I have always wanted a BDK, though.

Even though your situation is a hard one, it is enviable...

#12 12 years ago

I personally would rather have The Getaway and JM as opposed to BDK but i'm not much of a Stern guy. As far as prices go, it seems like a decent trade for you, granted your not attached and wont regret letting your pins go.

#13 12 years ago

I wouldn't do it. Though, I haven't played HS2 yet. BDK is fun, but not worth trading 2 good pinball machines for in my noob opinion.

#14 12 years ago

Personally I like to be able to play a variety of games. AND more games just look cooler in your house I think.

Tough call..

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from stevebighead:

I have been offered a huo Batman Dark Knight with just a couple hundred plays and led's, in exchange for my Getaway and Johnny Mnemonic. I know the dark knight is probably worth close to $4000. and I am getting a great deal monetarily speaking, but I have a hard time losing two pins to get one. I am not one of those guys that has tons of money to just keep buying more. What do you guys think?

Its a HS2 and a JM so those together probably range $3k or a little lower. Some people are finding them for great deals. So you'd come out ahead money wise on the trade. And you own other pins. I agree with trading to use it as another machine to trade for a better one. Unless you do really like it. Getaway and jm are fairly common, where I dont see BDK come up too often. Hard to lose 2 pins for 1 but it could be a good bargaining tool

#16 12 years ago

Well thanks for all the input, still confused. My biggest problem is that I am attached to both JM and Getaway and two machines just seem better than one even though it is practically new. I guess I will just keep thinking on it-ugghh.

#17 12 years ago

I bought my BMDK for $4,200.00 NIB so I don't think its worth 4K used....

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Agreed. Take it from someone whole sold a BDK. It wasn't HUO, but I didn't get anywhere near $4K either. BDK, even HUO is only worth $3,750 and that's tops.

You serious? I always see them for $4K plus. If I could find a nice one for $3-$3.5K I would be giddy (and a new owner of one)

#19 12 years ago

Usually I am the one saying things are high, but it isn't easy to find a huo bdk under 3800. there aren't many for sale.

In any case HS2 is a 1200 game. JM is a 1400 game. That is on average. Even if we inflate the prices and say hs2 is 1500 and jm is 1700 he still comes out ahead.

#20 12 years ago

2 pins for 1 pin sounds like a bad trade.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

2 pins for 1 pin sounds like a bad trade.

Well not if you could trade, then sell the 1 and go buy the original 2 again and have money left over.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Well not if you could trade, then sell the 1 and go buy the original 2 again and have money left over.

Good point, but still, I would reject the offer.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

northvibe said:

Good point, but still, I would reject the offer.

Sounds like a great deal to me, you win either way. You might love BDK, and keep it, or if not, you sell it for 3500-3800 and have more than enough to buy your two games back.

#24 12 years ago

just going on boston pinballs 6 year #'s, it's $3900 for Batman and $1100 & $1300 for the other two. Sounds like a $1500 difference to me. If you go by just this year on ebay, the numbers are $3700 vs. $1700 (getaway) and no data for JM (assume $1100). That's still $900 in favor of the Batman.

I've seen literally 10x more ads for the two pins you have than i have batman.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Usually I am the one saying things are high, but it isn't easy to find a huo bdk under 3800. there aren't many for sale.
    In any case HS2 is a 1200 game. JM is a 1400 game. That is on average. Even if we inflate the prices and say hs2 is 1500 and jm is 1700 he still comes out ahead.

You have those numbers backwards. HS2 is more valuable.

#26 12 years ago

i think you NEED to make that trade. The two machines you have are easily replaced IMO.

#27 12 years ago

That's my biggest gripe with boston pinball. 6 years is way too big of a sample.

Quoted from davewtf:

just going on boston pinballs 6 year #'s,

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

6 years is way too big of a sample.

don't they have a 3 yr sample, too?

6 years does have a tendency to fail to catch the latest "trendy" machines rising (or falling)

#29 12 years ago

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/05262008.htm

30 month, not 3 year...though I don't see ANY reference to BDK during that time period for this list. Unless I don't know what they are calling the game....?

#30 12 years ago

This is about as no brainer as a trade offer gets. Do it. If you miss the HS2 or JM that much then just put them on your watchlist and pick them up again later. You'll likely have very few trade offers this lopsided $-wise in your lifetime (you are gaining a MINIMUM of $500 in value).

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/05262008.htm

30 month, not 3 year...though I don't see ANY reference to BDK during that time period for this list. Unless I don't know what they are calling the game....?

that ends in may '08, gorilla! Try this instead! The game is listed as "batman Stp"

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay1111.htm

#32 12 years ago

I delivered Floorman a HUO LOTR and he showed me their HUO BDK ,, Beautiful !!! Has the Lighted Topper , under-cabinet Lighting , Full CoinTaker Super Kit and he said he paid $ 3800.00 ..

I played 2 Games on it ,, I Liked it Alot. I Would Trade my BSD & some Cash for 1 ...
    And I LOVE my BSD..

Do what you Need to do bro.. I Traded a Whirlwind , SG and a DM for a Pimped out SS..
    I Grew tired of SS in 2 week's and i missed my DM..

If we could Buy Pin's at what this Link say's ,, http://www.bostonpinball.biz/05262008.htm
    That would be Soo Sweet.. Those Values S.U.C.K !!

BMDK-1.JPGBMDK-1.JPG BMDK.JPGBMDK.JPG

#33 12 years ago

if you dont want to trade your JM and HSII for it let me know and i will.

#34 12 years ago

My only question is... Have you played BDK?

The only way you don't make this trade is if you hate the game. If you like it, pull the trigger. NOW!

#35 12 years ago

I'd do the trade without a 2nd thought, hell I wish I have those 2 games to make the trade now!

#36 12 years ago

u guys were a big help. I am trying to pull the trigger now. Really like my two games, but as was pointed out, both can be found again. I will let you all know if it works out. Thanks again.

#37 12 years ago

I don't think BDK is deep enough. It's fun, and the wrecking ball is one of the most fun toys there is.

Where I am, I would expect the BDK to be worth $3,600-$4,000, and the JM being worth about $1,400-$1,700, and HS2 around $1,500-$1,800. Value isn't that far off either way, easier to see the two than the one though. I believe the two will go up, and BDK will slightly go down in value.

I would keep the two, but you may have different wants.

#38 12 years ago

I'm thinking that because the next batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" will be released in
    summer 2012, and is the last movie in the Dark Knight trilogy, a BDK might RISE in value and the number of people looking to get one for their collection could increase big time.

I'm thinking you might want to play BDK if you haven't already, and see if you like it enough to
    do the 2 for 1 deal.

Good Luck, let us know how it all turns out.

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

that ends in may '08, gorilla!

wow....when I first checked that link, May 08 WAS about 30 months in the past and I never noticed that the date was never updating. Thanks...I would still have been using that in the year 2025 if left to my own devices.

#40 12 years ago

Could go either way on that one

#41 12 years ago

BDK is a fantastic pin and went straight on my wishlist after I played it at someones house but HS2 and JM are also great games. I guess the question is whether you've done everything there is to do on HS2 and JM or if there's still unfinished business there. If you've played yours to death and seen everything then I'd say make the trade as you'll give yourself a whole new challenge with BDK. If there are still things on your current pins that you want to accomplish then stick with them.

#42 12 years ago

I like all those games..
    BDK is a rich man's LW3 in my opinion, but I'd much rather have the Joker than Mel Gibson even though they are both funny in their own way.

I'd have a really hard time letting either of those go as they're both ones I would love to have in my gameroom as well. Looks like I'm no help to ya Steve.

#43 12 years ago

Try to keep in mind that he also will still have Whirlwind RBION & FT in his collection. It isn't like he's going from two machines to one, it's five to four.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

davewth said:
    that ends in may '08, gorilla!

wow....when I first checked that link, May 08 WAS about 30 months in the past and I never noticed that the date was never updating. Thanks...I would still have been using that in the year 2025 if left to my own devices.

Here's a link to the updated list (Nov '11)

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay1111.htm

#45 12 years ago

Dang this thread got me thinking, once I have a few more machines I could do some up trades 2 for 1 for newer machines. I will have a SM someday, trading for one is something that I could see myself doing if possible.

#46 12 years ago

+1 BDK-Upgrade

#47 12 years ago

Did you complete the trade? Post pics. I'm all for the trade.

#48 12 years ago

This trade seems like a no brainer do it allready

#49 12 years ago

Deal is done. All I can say about Batman is WOW!

batman_004.JPGbatman_004.JPG

#50 12 years ago

woot woot! how do you like it?

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tormented-by-trade-offer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.