(Topic ID: 288307)

Torch

By willie0912

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Torch machine that has a problem with the cpu controlled lights on the playfield. The only one that is on is the center 2 on the 3x box in the middle of the playfied. I have put a new Ni-Wumpf cpu and driver board and repined the connectors. Is there something else to look for or is it possible that one of the new boards is bad. Thanks Bill

#2 3 years ago

I have a Torch, check the T relay, there are a set of contacts that if they are not closed there will be no feature lights. The 2 light in the center of the grid always stays on. Are the General illumination lights on?

#3 3 years ago

Yes the G.I. lights are on and I checked the tilt relay also. I'm about to check the fuse again and the bridge rectifier. I'll let you know how I make out with them. Thanks Bill

#4 3 years ago

Ok, so it turned out to be a bad bridge rectifier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/torch?hl=willie0912 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.