• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-21.jpg
image-21.jpg
#1 14 years ago

Seems I did blow the 8279 IC on the Ni-Wumpf board. I replaced it today and now things work. I decided to go ahead and replace the old driver board though with the newer one from Rottendog. It has much more protection. I will keep the old System one driver board for some other machine unless someone on here needs one in the future. I also found a new never used set of the old mated Rockwell IC's for the switch matrix on the original CPU board and have them on the way for shipping only. So if anyone picks up a Gottlieb system one and needs something let me know.

Maybe when the Summer Olympics roll around again I will consider selling it. I know the Winter Olympics start next month. It's a shame the venue for the skiing is already in pre-foreclosure. I guess it really didn't pay to host them in this economy. I feel sorry the the Canadian people who are stuck with the bill now in Calgary.

I'm sure jbscar can sell some machines to help pay the bill .. hehehehe

#2 14 years ago

great to see you have that game up and running Brokedad,
how does it play? -I remember one at a show last year

#3 14 years ago

It's a great classic Gottlieb. The bottom portion is completely symmetrical but the upper portion is offset. The rotating number wheel makes a great skill shot from the right flipper. Filling out the tic-tac-toe center lights with it increases your bonus multiplier. I noticed it has a target with the wording "SPIN ROTO & 1000" but it is only a wire hanging down. I checked the picture on ipdb and see the same thing. I wonder if it was really meant to be a spinner and somebody messed it up in production. It could be an interesting easy mod I will make. Anybody know about this "contradiction" on this game ? Either that or ROTO refers to the number wheel since I see it elsewhere on the board.

I'm attaching a picture to show it.

image-21.jpgimage-21.jpg

#4 14 years ago

It's a great classic Gottlieb. The bottom portion is completely symmetrical but the upper portion is offset. The rotating number wheel makes a great skill shot from the right flipper. Filling out the tic-tac-toe center lights with it increases your bonus multiplier.

I just figured out that Spin ROTO refers to the number wheel and not a spinner like I'm used to.

#5 14 years ago

It's a great classic Gottlieb. The bottom portion is completely symmetrical but the upper portion is offset. The rotating number wheel makes a great skill shot from the right flipper. Filling out the tic-tac-toe center lights with it increases your bonus multiplier.

I just figured out that Spin ROTO refers to the number wheel and not a spinner like I'm used to.

image-21.jpgimage-21.jpg

#6 14 years ago

Beautiful and warm colors !
Perhaps a poor boring instead a recent machine but beautiful design -atmospher.
Great deal.
Congratulations.

#7 14 years ago

Gotta love that Gordon Morrison art. Looks like his anyways. I mean seriously the guy has this awesome thick lined comic book style that was way ahead of it's time and just looks downright bad-ass.

#8 14 years ago

Artwork is awesome on your machine, reminds me of my Buck Rogers. Gordon Morrison it is, back when pinball machines were works of art, not photo shop. I hope those days come back, because thats what got me into pinball... and art.

#9 14 years ago

If I might chime in about my hometown (North Vancouver), who's crazy idea was it to host the WINTER games in FEBRUARY in Vancouver??? Not all of Canada is like Fargo (the movie or North Dakota). Vancouver has the second mildest climate in Canada next to Victoria. By February, thoughts have already turned to sailing and mountain biking. Sure, it can have a late snowfall but that's risky when promising the world a show. On Cypress Mountain (the location for snow boarding) is way too warm. They are helicoptering in snow for the games at that location. Ah well, the Whistler venue will be fine though.

And hey, love that Torch game...so, with the latest board problems, do you have the game up and running?? I think it's a keeper that you would cycle into play every four years (or two) to keep the enthusiasm for the Olympics going...

#10 14 years ago

Yes super8man it's all up and running. I even have the old boards working although it's running with the Ni-Wumpf CPU and Rottendog driver boards. (Better protection).

I'm looking forward to watching more of the Olympics this year now that we have two DVR's. Ski jumping is of course my favorite. Next would be the bobsled. Maybe they should have had them here. The wind chill right now is -10 F

#11 14 years ago

Do NOT miss watching the speed skating relay...it's typically the last event of the games. It's a BLAST. Think NASCAR back in the 60/70s before restrictor plates. The crashes are awesome (with the PC mention "as long as no one is hurt").

-10F?? bahaha...In Sacramento it's like 54 (plus).

I now return you back to the topic at hand. Sorry to go off on a tangent.

Oh, I hate you for having an Olympic pinball game...man, that's cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/torch-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.