• Latest reply 14 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

torch.jpg
#1 14 years ago

There is a local guy willing to sell me a Torch pinball machine for $200. It's not working atm but has been stored inside for years. Hopefully I can find somebody at work with a truck to help me pick it up. It's either that or I will rent a truck for a half day. I offered him and extra $50 if he finds someone before me. I think it's a good deal. Here is the picture off the Craigslist ad.

Good deal ??? Anybody played this machine ??

torch.jpgtorch.jpg

#2 14 years ago

Gee, for $200 bucks go for it, you will be able to fix it regardless.
Have you read the write ups on the data base? Some love it, others hate it, but they only seem to be Bally/Williams people.

#3 14 years ago

He just called. Seems like a nice guy. I think we will be able to work something out. He said it's been "fixed" a few times but they are tired of it and just bought that game table to the right. I told him that I didn't expect him to hold it for me if he got a better offer.

For the price I'm not too concerned about fixes. It is a Gottlieb system one that can be a PIA but not so much as what I've dealt with before. I really don't care about the "reviews" people post anymore as one of my fav's is the POS Phoenix I fixed up that alot of people hate.

I really didn't want another pinball but the price seems right even though it's currently broke.

There goes another space in the dining room for now !!! TGIHATW (Thank God I Have a Tolerant Wife)

Now where do I put the three Rockola CD jukeboxes Wolfman is bringing to me in a couple of weeks ??

#4 14 years ago

That looks like a very good find Brokedad,
If you got it working by Feb. just in time for the Olympics,
you might be able to write some crazy sales pitch & flip it $$$

#5 14 years ago

I had a Torch. Nice artwork and offcourse a roto target.
Only problem is that is is impossible to fix. Over here you pay 50 bucks for a system 1 game

#6 14 years ago

$50 bucks...? Mexico?
I'd cash in on deals like that

#7 14 years ago

No the Netherlands.
Simple reason. Thay are almost unrepairable. Soundcards are always broken and the IC's / PROM's are unable to get. The Spiderchips are impossible to find.

The best way to go is to buy a PX-4 board from Pascal Janine.

System 1 pinballs are nice for decoration on the sealing as we say over here

#8 14 years ago

Yea, the system 1 thing is kinda scaring me off the gottlieb genie. They are major POS when it comes to the circuitry and so many ppl need parts for them they are impossible to find. As Ben mentioned the upgrade boards are the way to go with these pins but they are not cheap... Tough call for $200, i'd see if you can get it for $150, i bet you can. The other collectors in your area are likely hesitating too because of the system 1 thing.

Good luck, you could use my truck if you were in Colorado. =P

#9 14 years ago

Perhaps could you find a faster machine for the same price ?
Have your ever played with it ?
I'm little disappointed by my system1 and Sys 80 face to 90's machines.
Refuse to bid.

#10 14 years ago

Well I bought it and it's being delivered this weekend. I have access to all kinds of old obsolete IC including proms, spider IC's , etc etc as we've been repairing obsolete circuit boards for 25 years where I work. We literally have bucketloads of old parts stored. Being a Senior Electronic Repair Tech has it's advantages. It doesn't scare me and I love a challenge. For that kind of money why not. Thanks for all the advice and comments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/torch-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.