Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by raijin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

when you are buying a pin.

if a game that should have one ...doesn't.

do you still buy?? if so...haggle a lower price??

and...while we are on toppers...

what's the best topper?

#2 13 years ago

I guess everyone is different rarjin
    but for me the last thing I'm looking at on ball 5 is some cheesy topper!
    No 0% but thats just me
    haggling is 'nuts' I mean .....
    "hey that cabinet is yucky with nicks n scrapes I'm going to actually have to do some work before I can flip it (re-paint) I want $200 off"
    OR - " Too bad you repainted that cabinet buddy -I only buy pins with original cab work gona take some major effort to get all that stuff off and make it look old (patina)but for $200 off I'll take it off your hands"

#3 13 years ago

i'm only posting this because toppers are big $$$.

...and people are paying for it for them..so it has to matter (to some people)

i should be in the after-market topper business.

#4 13 years ago

Hey I understand

#5 13 years ago

Doesn't really matter to me if it doesn't have one but I would use it as a haggling point. Especially if they want top dollar for that pin. I would still try and get one for it though. I mean, what's the point of having a bunch of mods if it doesn't even have the factory kit?

#6 13 years ago

Bah, toppers... I don't know that I ever look high enough to notice toppers. Of course, if Playboy had a custom topper mod, I'm sure I'd be interested.

#7 13 years ago

To me they are like the 22-inch wheels on a Chevy Impala. Unnecessary and rather gaudy to say the least.

#8 13 years ago

The only topper on our machines is on White Water..... cuz that's the only place you readily see the name of the game (the designers sorta forgot to put it anywhere else that's easy to see like the translite). In fact, I've seen some pretty silly toppers (stuffed animals, cheesy flimsy plastic things). I guess I'd only want it if it's integral to the game.....(HS, WH2O, Bone Busters)....

I did think that BDK topper was kinda cool someone just put up here recently, but, again, not necessary.

#9 13 years ago

Toppers aren't necessary, but they are nice to have. Nice enough to negotiate a difference of a price when buying/selling. Of all the toppers, I think the only three with wow factor....as far as toppers go....White Water, Data East Tommy, and Strange Science (the neon topper usually stops crowds).

#10 13 years ago

I would say they matter if they were part of the original game, Doctor Who, Pinbot, F-14, getaway, white water, addams family, whirlwind....But all these new games with mods for toppers - just dont do it for me like the old originals. If it was sent out of the factory on the game - it should be there or be considered in the price if its not

#11 13 years ago

If they are in original design and game then yes. Otherwise no (ok toppers for new Stern pins are quite good (batman, ironman))

#12 13 years ago

idk. to me they are pretty important. if the game came with one from the factory... i want it. WH20..Tommy..etc. hell.. even Space Shuttle has one (a little plastic sign). def a haggling point in my book. bc finding them to buy seperate is so tough and big $$.

i could do without the lighted after market toppers (SM..Batman)
    ..but they are nice.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toppershow-much-do-they-matter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.