(Topic ID: 241588)

Toppers - Do You Get One For All Pins or Only If They are Special

By BMore-Pinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you”

• Love them, I put a topper on every machine 5 votes
      12%
    • Like them, I only buy a topper if it's special 18 votes
      42%
    • Not, don't like them 20 votes
      47%

(43 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Just curious what you think about toppers.
    Personally, I will only put a topper on a machine if it's special
    I love the TWD topper and have one, but don't think the IMDN topper is anything special and I passed.
    I also like when the toppers are integrated in the game like the TWD topper

I loved the older machines that used to come with toppers - FT, WhiteWater, Whirlwind

#2 5 years ago

I usually only get the topper if it came with the game these new stern toppers are to expensive IMO. The TWD and GOT toppers are pretty sweet though.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I usually only get the topper if it came with the game these new stern toppers are to expensive IMO. The TWD and GOT toppers are pretty sweet though.

I sort of agree, I thought the TWD topper was worth the cost at the time, but the IMDN topper is not.
    I don't think Stern should be pricing these all the same

#4 5 years ago

Out of all the games I have, I only have one topper. They're expensive and a lot of them aren't good enough to make me want to spend the money.

So far, that one game is Shadow since I thought it was a nicely designed topper. If I ever get a JY, I'd probably get that topper too.

#5 5 years ago

I have a topper on all my games. There are some really good ones and some that are not so good but I like consistency of the looks.

Best
    TWD
    ACDC train
    Ghoastbusters
    AFM LE

#6 5 years ago

Wanted dead pool and Iron Maiden to have great toppers but stern didn’t deliver so I went after markert with Tilt Toppers.

#7 5 years ago

Not normally a fan of toppers, however I brought an LE when it came to BM66 as I thought the topper looked killer and it is fantastic! Only topper I own but I love it, Stern knocked that one out the park!

#8 5 years ago

The only thing worse than the way they look, whining every goddamn day on pinside aboot when Stern is going to release one.
    At least back in the day people were hand crafting them around here, but we knewm Stern was going to sweep in and gobble those monies up.

#9 5 years ago

I used to get them for a few games but that was before I owned more then ten games. Now i dont buy any mods. Too many games for that.

#10 5 years ago

Personally I think they make a pinball machine look cheesy, but I'm glad they are there for those who dig it.

#11 5 years ago

I have only seen one topper that I had to have (Ghostbusters Ecto-1 lightbar topper) and it was worth the money, even more so now given it's very tough to find one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toppers-do-you-get-one-for-all-pins-or-only-if-they-are-special and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.