View topic image gallery

DF841A38-405F-4DE4-B7DB-BEF2510701B9 (resized).jpeg
DF9A67B7-6E1B-4021-AA05-AABC3501AF33 (resized).jpeg
9D0280F8-B2EE-45F6-8DF7-806447B97FF7 (resized).jpeg
20190516_124450 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Found a topper for my Central Park...
20190516_124450 (resized).jpg20190516_124450 (resized).jpg

9D0280F8-B2EE-45F6-8DF7-806447B97FF7 (resized).jpeg9D0280F8-B2EE-45F6-8DF7-806447B97FF7 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Found a topper for my Central Park...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s awesome. I recently picked up a project Central Park. It’s going to be my first ground up restoration. I just got a new coin door and pinball pimp stencils in yesterday. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

That’s awesome. I recently picked up a project Central Park. It’s going to be my first ground up restoration. I just got a new coin door and pinball pimp stencils in yesterday. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Welcome to the club, my CP was sitting for 20 years in an apartment complex common game room that had been shut off by the landlord due to the neighborhood going downhill. It looks almost new inside, all the tags and operator reminders are nearly pristine, the only thing that is failing right now is the glue that held them to the cabinet walls. If you need any pictures let me know... I have all factory lacing intact, all connectors, adjustments, jumpers...

#4 4 years ago

I found one of those monkeys (no batteries in it and no visible corrosion) in the original box in the back of my parents' basement. Put new batteries in it but it didn't work. I see numerous ones for sale online...with almost all of the ads noting they are non-working.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks. I’m sure I will be asking you some questions. I’m in pretty good shape right now mechanically. There wasn’t much wrong with it. It’s more cosmetics. The Playfield and backglass are nice. However the cabinet needs a full repaint. Someone had started removing paint to repaint it and did an awful job. The coin door is being swapped out because I have one in nice shape, new backdoor because it was missing, new legs, playfield plastics and rubber are being replaced as well but nothing terrible. The hard part is disassembling for paint.

#6 4 years ago

That pinny looks very, very lonely!

#7 4 years ago

Does Charley clap his cymbals every time you get a Special? I hope so!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Does Charley clap his cymbals every time you get a Special? I hope so!

I am working on a simple 8 bit micro controller that takes power from gi, and senses voltage on the knocker coil and fires his driver for power on, and a solenoid to engage the squawk cam and then keep his driver energized to run for enough time to finish his bug eyed teeth baring show and clap his cymbals a few times. Or the other though was to make him clap once with each 100 bell ring so he syncs with the backglass, and energize his bug eyes for specials. Either way I need two channels of drivers, a solenoid to make him clap and another to drive the squawk cam. Right now the wife thinks he’s possesed and creepy and wont let me put batteries in him, because she is convinced he will slit our throats in our sleep like Chucky.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That pinny looks very, very lonely!

That shadow on the wall to the right is my MBrLE, and next to that is my South Park... so three downstairs and three upstairs, which are Pinbot, his Bride, and Family Guy. Hoping for a TAFrLE, TOMrLE, TotanRLE, a Subway, a Centaur II (I have a lock on one in decent playable shape), Stellar Wars (just because I know where one is that needs restored but has a good playfield, cabinet and bg). Now if I could just get my brother to sell me his Black Knight and Bally Air Aces... but he needs to keep a few pins to play. He bought his BK in 1992 for $195 bucks and he got a perfect pulled playfield for 30 bucks, he got that from Bob Burke at the ‘92 Expo. He has everything to make it look brand new for less than $225

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am working on a simple 8 bit micro controller that takes power from gi, and senses voltage on the knocker coil and fires his driver for power on, and a solenoid to engage the squawk cam and then keep his driver energized to run for enough time to finish his bug eyed teeth baring show and clap his cymbals a few times. Or the other though was to make him clap once with each 100 bell ring so he syncs with the backglass, and energize his bug eyes for specials. Either way I need two channels of drivers, a solenoid to make him clap and another to drive the squawk cam. Right now the wife thinks he’s possesed and creepy and wont let me put batteries in him, because she is convinced he will slit our throats in our sleep like Chucky.

If you are able to pull that off I will buy one from you. I like the idea of him going off every 100 points along with the game.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That shadow on the wall to the right is my MBrLE, and next to that is my South Park... so three downstairs and three upstairs, which are Pinbot, his Bride, and Family Guy. Hoping for a TAFrLE, TOMrLE, TotanRLE, a Subway, a Centaur II (I have a lock on one in decent playable shape), Stellar Wars (just because I know where one is that needs restored but has a good playfield, cabinet and bg). Now if I could just get my brother to sell me his Black Knight and Bally Air Aces... but he needs to keep a few pins to play. He bought his BK in 1992 for $195 bucks and he got a perfect pulled playfield for 30 bucks, he got that from Bob Burke at the ‘92 Expo. He has everything to make it look brand new for less than $225

Oh, ok. Looked like your one and only pin. "Subway" is worthy company for it. I've always liked to pair up "Subway" and "Hurdy Gurdy". Two super great backglass animation wedgeheads of the same era. Classic stuff.

#12 4 years ago

I have a big huge soft spot for Subway... played that machine every week when I was in junior bowling league back in around ‘72... we would stack dimes on the rail and play it the entire time we were supposed to be bowling, swaping out live with my brother to go take our frames... would love to find it or Cross Town in as good a shape as I found my Central Park.

#13 4 years ago

"Subway" is special to me as well. It started my brother and me on our pinball collecting journey. He bought one from a local arcade back in 1977. He still owns it. We've been through hundreds of games since that very first one.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have a big huge soft spot for Subway... played that machine every week when I was in junior bowling league back in around ‘72... we would stack dimes on the rail and play it the entire time we were supposed to be bowling, swaping out live with my brother to go take our frames... would love to find it or Cross Town in as good a shape as I found my Central Park.

This is my Cross Town

DF841A38-405F-4DE4-B7DB-BEF2510701B9 (resized).jpegDF841A38-405F-4DE4-B7DB-BEF2510701B9 (resized).jpegDF9A67B7-6E1B-4021-AA05-AABC3501AF33 (resized).jpegDF9A67B7-6E1B-4021-AA05-AABC3501AF33 (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago

Maybe the pics don't show it...but you both may be missing a couple flipper rubbers. ??

#16 4 years ago

I can't find ring charts, but my understanding was that 2" round flippers used a double ring. Going back to find info on this showed conflicting info. I thought flyers showed double rings, and that ring charts showed double. There are past discussions of this on Pinside if you search it out. I've always used doubles as that's what dirtflipper told me Something about where the rubber doesn't hit the ball center unless it's doubled.
Carry on....Nice games!

#17 4 years ago

love that game a true classic

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I can't find ring charts, but my understanding was that 2" round flippers used a double ring. Going back to find info on this showed conflicting info. I thought flyers showed double rings, and that ring charts showed double. There are past discussions of this on Pinside if you search it out. I've always used doubles as that's what dirtflipper told me Something about where the rubber doesn't hit the ball center unless it's doubled.
Carry on....Nice games!

Absolutely! Double the rubbers on any rounded top 2" flipper. It's because of the long ago change from a 1 1/8" ball, to a 1 1/16th" ball. The flipper didn't change, so this is a factory recommended remedy. It was fixed when the flat top flipper was introduced.

1 week later
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Absolutely! Double the rubbers on any rounded top 2" flipper. It's because of the long ago change from a 1 1/8" ball, to a 1 1/16th" ball. The flipper didn't change, so this is a factory recommended remedy. It was fixed when the flat top flipper was introduced.

Always wondered why most 2in flippers back in the day had two sets of rings,
I always prefer to make the top flipper ring be a red ring for a cooler look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-for-my-central-park?hl=silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.