20200617_141947 (resized).jpg
E1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpeg
Playstrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
EC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg
A979EA87-9729-4160-9A4D-4E1ED63426C4 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Can't imagine what Zepplin topper will run....

Don’t matter...I’m buying

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are you guys seriously losing sleep over the price of a plastic sign you put on top of your multi thousand dollar pinball machine? Next year Stern will probably be charging $1000 for toppers and you will long for the day they were only $600.

I’ve seen two GB toppers sold used in the last month or so for over $800 a piece.

Guarantee when these are no longer being made and are unobtanium you will get your money back and then some.

There are people buy these things and sit on them until scarce to make a couple bucks and don’t even own the game.

#429 3 years ago

If the Beatles topper was $399 how is this one not the same. Seems to function the same .

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Deleted as pointless debate.
I think Stern should price it at $1200 because obviously people would still buy it and other people would defend them for understanding how the concept of "profit" works.

You hit the nail on the head...pointless and who gives a shit. Buy it you want to or don’t.

The amazing subplot is the anger some have in judging how people spend their hard earned money.

These will sell, time to move on.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This isn't about Zach or what pinball machines I have... I paid over $9000 for Stranger Things only to find out later they designed a blacklight mode into the game, and a few weeks later said give me another $300 bucks and you can have it. Then I paid over $9000 for JP LE only to find out later you can have a new mode if you pay another $600.00
This isn't about complaining its about calling attention to a runaway freight train. When you pay $9200 lets say shouldn't you get all the modes, shouldn't you get a topper to begin with, shouldn't you get blacklights to show off the playfield on stranger thing?
Is that a fair complaint?

Well shit..you say you want all the modes for $9200 what about 10k plus and 2 years later still waiting for the final mode on JJP POTC..now that’s a fair beef to have.

I may buy a couple JP toppers to sell when they are obsolete in 2-3 years. Probably get $1000 for them. Lol

Happens every time, GB,AS and was happening with Beatles until Stern decided to make more for some crazy reason.

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

$300 more then for a "mode" that has a cartoon goat mindlessly going "Bahhh!" over and over again at the player. Seems a bit ridiculous and embarrassing considering the price tag. One would think for $600 that the unique mode would be objective based with unique assets (animations, audio, music), have multiple stages, and work the playfield in interesting ways. Nope!

Pretty simple then don’t buy it.

Do all you lose this much sleep over every overpriced item you encounter in life?

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think I have a FAIR response here...
If you bought JJP LE or CE all those games have the same code. JJP has never said 'hey give us another $600 and we'll give you some code' Whether they update the code or not doesn't have anything to do with charging you SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS for some new code. Think about how ridiculous what you just said sounds.
I own a Pirates and I hope there is new code with new assets added to the game like they did with Hobbit... but if they come out with some topper and tell everyone well if you buy the topper you'll get the code. I'll bitch all the same.
All codes should go to all games! Apparently with Stern buy their top model and nope you don't get the best version apparently without more investment. Sad!

Ehh..I look at it like any other luxury item buy or move on and don’t piss and moan over it.

You either got the scratch or you don’t and a few hundred bucks in the big picture shouldn’t make a difference.

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Listen up Darth Vader, clearly you're serve the empire (LOL) but let me respond.
Stern sells a product they call it the LIMITED EDITION, its suppose to be the best version. But these cheap people over there don't get you the best version.
They don't give you the shooter rod, the topper or even the new modes. Then they come out with better sideblade armor.
Lets add it up here... Sideblade Armor $249.00 Topper - $599.00 - Shooter Knob $139.00
what are all those things WORTH cost wise maybe $150.00 but why didn't they come with the game?
Not to mention a NEW MODE!
Look at Star Trek LE that comes with bad ass sideblade armor why not the other games?
They're making the LE cheaper than ever then almost immediately turning around and saying OH BY THE WAY YOU DIDNT GET THE BEST VERSION
BUT... for another $1,000 plus you can have the new mode, topper, and everything else.
I buy an LE and I expect the best version.
You know what I'd shut up if Stern would just add a 10 cent flap to keep the balls from falling out when you lift the playfied. But that will never happen.

I agree with what your saying but at the end of the day it is what it is.

Do you really think all this bantering really matters? These will easily sell out.

12 months after they are all gone they will start showing up for super premium prices..

Stern is smarter than anyone here gives them credit for.

#494 3 years ago

I’m pretty sure Stern doesn’t care what anyone thinks about pricing. I’m not defending it just stating what I see.

Why???

Because they do this with every topper. They know they will sell x amount regardless based on prior topper sales. I’m hearing the damn SW topper at $775 is almost gone. GB sold out, AS sold out, Beatles sold out so fast they had to make a few more. Can’t speak to the others but there is a solid pattern of sales and price really doesn’t seem to impact the demand.

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I had no clue other toppers were even more expensive. Now knowing that the cost doesn’t surprise me.

Yeah SW was $775 and while it didn’t unlock a mode on install it did add some callouts and other minor r2 stuff.

GB was either $499 or $599 don’t recall but they fetch a pretty penny now.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Danke, Liebchen.

Oh, goodie...another troll. I love getting into a pissing contest with people on pinside. Okay, your dick is bigger. Happy now?
For your 411, you're talking to someone who actually bought a SW topper...and I'm really happy with it. Worth $800? Hell, no. But still very cool and I'm glad I have it. Furthermore, I'd buy a JP topper just to keep it in a box and sell it to Dr. Frightener when he starts complaining that there are none to be found and people are selling them for $1000.
Either way, I don't give a shit what you do, and you should feel the same way about me.

Boom

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It takes balls to do something like this during such rough economic times. Stern is a very greedy company that doesn't give two shits about their customers.

It really has nothing to do with the economy....they know the same person that will spend 6k-9k on a NIB pinball machine without even thinking twice about it can surely afford and will buy a $600 topper.

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodBadUgly:

Couple of days ago, on the Minneapolis Craigslist someone was looking for Ghostbuster topper and was willing to pay $1,200 for the topper. The ad is now gone. Over time, there could be a big enough demand for the older Stern toppers and people willing to pay top dollars for the toppers as they could be rare or hard to find. So folks buying $600 toppers today may able to sell them in the future for more than what they paid. I have feeling that these toppers are going hold there value and maybe go up in value as they become rare or hard to find. I'm under the assumption that the toppers will not be reissued by Stern in the future.

I pointed this out a week ago. Two GB toppers sold recently over $800.

I’ve seen an AS sell very high as well and a few Kiss toppers.

SW is reportedly almost sold out and they were $775.

Beatles toppers were getting jacked up too until Stern decided to do another small run which is probably tied to selling more games. Marco had a Beatles topper listed at $599 at one point and I believe it sold.

When they become unobtainable they command a pretty penny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-dlc-stern-s-new-low?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.