20200617_141947 (resized).jpg
E1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpeg
Playstrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
EC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg
A979EA87-9729-4160-9A4D-4E1ED63426C4 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 3 years ago

The good news is...we got some drama and news to finally talk about.

The bad news...all those podcasters coming up with ideas to make stern more money is finally coming to fruition.

#726 3 years ago

Way I see it, JP2 owners now have a 95% coded game. If they want a 100% full game, they got to cough up $600. And when stern runs out of toppers, it’s almost like this will become the new WOF - it just never will be 100% unless you got the $$$.

#730 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game is 100% to what you bought. Just because there are other options out there... it doesn't somehow take away from what you already bought.
When someone comes out with a new mod for your game... but you don't have it... does your game somehow shrink?
These are accessories... why is that so hard to grasp?

Talking code here. Not accessories.

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is your machine 100% if you didn't do the last update that just had a couple pointless fixes?
Was GOT or MET 100% before they got super late updates?

If you’re on old code, it’s not 100%. If you’re on current code and don’t want to pay for a special mode, it’s not 100%. Simple.

#745 3 years ago

I knew my post would get some downvotes from the over-sensitive. But, my point is that no matter how you want to skin this cat, your game will not have 100% of the code unless you pay extra for it. I’m not saying that’s a good thing or bad thing; the game kicks ass without the mode. But, you still won’t have 100% of the code unless you got the coin to pony up. Being an IMDN pro owner, I’m not butt hurt that they put Madness in only the prem/Le code after i bought the pro - especially since Keith says he disables it anyway when he plays the LE. So for people like TheLaw and flynnibus - would you think IMDN pro is 100% or not? I say it is, because I dont get the option to pay $600 to add the madness mode to my game. All versions of JP owners have the option to have their game at 95% full code, or pay and have it be 100% - It’s that simple.

Now that said, what I think the point that some of the over-sensitive people Are trying to make that might be getting missed, and It’s one that i agree with, is that the currrent code without the GOAT mode is still 100% of the ‘designers intent‘....But, Now we all know it’s still not 100% of the complete code - and that is my point. And I think stern is walking on thin ice with this move. The big questions is, is it a one and done thing or is it the new norm? After seeing back to back shenanigans with STH UV lights and now this JP topper mode; I think it’s the latter. Time will tell if these new practices to increase prices pays off or not.

I’m curious to see how this plays out in the long run - will Stern continue making these JP toppers a year from now, 2 years...what about in 5 years when they vault the game? Maybe when the game is vaulted, they’ll code in that mode to sell vaults. Then you’ll all have a 100% coded game and these carguments can end... or will they...

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.
It's not "code" - Every game has the code. It's "features" you lack unless you bought them.

I say the pro is 100% because it includes everything they said it would when they sold it to you. Your condition of "not having an option" for "Can I play with madness" influencing your interpretation is the problem with your mindset. Your decision (or even availability) of option doesn't make the game less than what you were sold.
Do people not remember the TOPS system? Do you consider all your 200x era games "incomplete code" because you didn't add in the Tournament Button and Header, and enable the tournament mode?
Will Stern continue to add add-ons to games AFTER they launch? I'm sure they will and that's not a bad thing... especially if they are items available to all models.
1) Trying to have everything ready (including non-essential add-ons) will only risk delaying games more... and ultimately result in a reduction of offerings
2) It's good marketing for Stern to roll out new add-ons to existing products to refresh interest in the product. Longer sales availability of games in the channel is GOOD for customers
3) More accessories in the market will open up opportunities for 3rd parties as well
People can be bothered Stern is monetizing features vs giving them away just fine... but you don't get to redefine reality to justify your belief.

I think you need to go reread my post. I consider IMDN PRO complete. If I had options to add modes for $$$ then no, the code wouldn’t be 100% unless I pay for it, just like JP. Anyway, not a big deal to me; your counter arguments of accessories, cars and such to justify that an extra mode in a game isn’t code is kind of funny though. Carry on.

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So every TOPS compatible game is not '100% complete'?
Man.. all these years and no one knew...

Why do you keep trying to redirect the subject?

Is this a mode? Yes. Do you have to pay to unlock it? Yes. Simple math.

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are smoking crack to compare a 150 game with addons to a 9000 pin. Get real.

He’s not comparing the two. He’s just making a statement that the term ‘DLC’ is used loosely as a way of saying you have to pay money for a game you already paid for to unlock some sort of mode, perk, etc... i.e. JP2 topper.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Stern face masks! Get them while they are hot! Can't wait to get it!
Update :well this one was easier to order.. plenty of stock on this one.
[quoted image]

Does it come with a ‘free’ mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-dlc-stern-s-new-low?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.