20200617_141947 (resized).jpg
E1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpeg
Playstrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
EC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg
A979EA87-9729-4160-9A4D-4E1ED63426C4 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.
#301 3 years ago

So to basically summarize this thread, I can just use a scene from one of my daughter's favorite movies, Trolls.

Stern.JPGStern.JPGSternandPinside.JPGSternandPinside.JPGPinside.JPGPinside.JPG
#302 3 years ago

Tilt Topper sold out.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

JJP has offered a ticket dispenser code/game for added cost for many of their games....

Agree with Color Chip but ticket dispenser is an add on.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

If you are posting on a pinball forum you are an educated buyer. And if you pay $8k for a players condition Fish Tales does make you an idiot if you know it costs double the maximum it's worth. Just because you have the money doesn't mean something is a good value.
Spend your money however you like but it doesn't mean it isn't gouging. If I buy a single AA battery for $20 I'm still an idiot.

Fair enough.

I'll just continue not caring what other people do with their money, feel free to express outrage and call people idiots for spending too much on a pinball topper of all things.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

JJP has offered a ticket dispenser code/game for added cost for many of their games. As I recall this costs more than $600 and doesn't include a topper.
Multimorphic has been doing this for a while to add new games to their system.

I think the JJP thing was also code and other stuff to make it an redemption game + ways to remove skill from it.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

3) Stern doesn't give two shits about what we say on here and is laughing all the way to the bank.

But Dwight and Keith ARE on here and should be blaming the company they work for for basically sabotaging their latest releases. A lot of people are so butt hurt over this topper that it has carried over to people not wanted a TMNT or JP as much as they did last week. Dwight and Keith should be going to Gary's with a chip on thier shoulders. "Gary, you're fucking this up for all of us man"

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

A lot of people are so butt hurt over this topper that it has carried over to people not wanted a TMNT or JP as much as they did last week...."

If anyone actually believed that Stern wouldn't even be in business. People are/have always been bitching aboot never buying Stern again, doesn't seem to be hurting business.

#308 3 years ago

Stern made 2 different toppers for Iron Maiden. JP will have a cheaper one soon.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Stern made 2 different toppers for Iron Maiden. JP will have a cheaper one soon.

So a DIY coloring book with origami instructions and not unlocked mode. Sweet

#310 3 years ago

Im on the train that Stern has put together a $600 option that peps can buy it or not.Stern still has to code it,manufacture it, and make it part of the game experience and their price to make it worth their wild to bring us that experience is $600. I am buying one because I have to see it in action, and I get to give $500 proffit to stern so they can keep makeing add ons and games.Its almost like suporting a company that manafactures a product you love.Kinda like buying Apple products.Over priced but love the experiance.

#311 3 years ago

Are you guys seriously losing sleep over the price of a plastic sign you put on top of your multi thousand dollar pinball machine? Next year Stern will probably be charging $1000 for toppers and you will long for the day they were only $600.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are you guys seriously losing sleep over the price of a plastic sign you put on top of your multi thousand dollar pinball machine? Next year Stern will probably be charging $1000 for toppers and you will long for the day they were only $600.

This thread is about the DLC. Pay for code that the topper enables. Care less about the sign.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Next year Stern will probably be charging $1000 for toppers and you will long for the day they were only $600.

Well that's fine and dandy but if Pro ever go over 5K I'm going to be pissed and never buy again!!!

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight already confirmed there will be nothing like this for TMNT.

I don't think that is what he said. It looked like he was comparing modes in the pro v LE. I don't think it covers whether there will be hidden modes only unlocked paying stern money in the future. I could be wrong though

Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no special modes in the game or planned simply because you own a PREM/LE. The only software differences are about the different hardware changes between the PRO and the PREM/LE.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

How can it be cheaper then this?
A lightbulb with a plastic sticker attached saying Jp.
This leet topper have the ability to turn on the Light, when you turn on the game, but only for a couple of weeks, since the lamp breaks after That.
Am i close?

Btw suggested price: 299$ and just to make it worthwile to Buy, it says Corona all over the screen during virus attack and The arrows turn Pink instead of blue. There's your value right there.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

But Dwight and Keith ARE on here and should be blaming the company they work for for basically sabotaging their latest releases. A lot of people are so butt hurt over this topper that it has carried over to people not wanted a TMNT or JP as much as they did last week. Dwight and Keith should be going to Gary's with a chip on thier shoulders. "Gary, you're fucking this up for all of us man"

I don't think it's a partnership, Stern pays people to code, then they sell the product with that code however they see fit.

Telling your boss he is fucking things up for everyone will probably not result in your boss going "I see, I'll change my business practices at once, thanks for bringing it to my attention" but more likely in "you're fired".

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I’ve seen two GB toppers sold used in the last month or so for over $800 a piece.

Guarantee when these are no longer being made and are unobtanium you will get your money back and then some.

There are people buy these things and sit on them until scarce to make a couple bucks and don’t even own the game.

#319 3 years ago

I think they should go with 120volts and 800 milli-amps.
Then people can use the viring for ECT treatment, when they realise How stupid they've been buying this crap.

#320 3 years ago

My topper will be here middle of next week!

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

We get it, you bought a topper. How much attention do you need?!

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

We get it, you bought a topper. How much attention do you need?!

More

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why do you hate the pinball community?!?!?!

You sir are a monster!

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do you hate the pinball community?!?!?!
You sir are a monster!

#325 3 years ago

Stern is really trying hard to signal "we don't want you as a customer".

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If anyone actually believed that Stern wouldn't even be in business. People are/have always been bitching aboot never buying Stern again, doesn't seem to be hurting business.

Weird cause I have no desire to buy anymore from a company that truly doesn't care about loyal customers. One tittle a year less is minus 9k which equals ....wait for it ....hurting business! I know for a fact I am not the only one doing this.

#327 3 years ago

Here is a pic of every distributor when Stern announces these brilliant ideas .......

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

. One tittle a year less is minus 9k which equals ....wait for it ....hurting business!

Only if there is no one to take your place. We've all been hearing for years people are done, & through with Stern....this time they mean it!!!!
They took all those monies lost over the years and ....wait for it....moved into a bigger location to make more games because of demand.
Sorry just the way it is. For every one of you they lose they bring in a new lawyer to buy 2 more. I wish it wasnt true, they're pricing me out at some point too, i just find it weird that a fucking topper is what's put everyone over the top. Did you honestly, seriously, just find out Stern doesnt care aboot you from this topper?

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Pinball folks are easy marks (see all the scams over the years). I don't blame stern for walking all over their customers when their customers basically beg for it

For real. They might as well just call it FOMO Multiball.

#330 3 years ago

I know this is about Jurassic Park Toppers but everyone should be asking “Where the hell are the Black Knight Toppers?”

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from Novastorm:

I don't think it's a partnership, Stern pays people to code, then they sell the product with that code however they see fit.
Telling your boss he is fucking things up for everyone will probably not result in your boss going "I see, I'll change my business practices at once, thanks for bringing it to my attention" but more likely in "you're fired".

Unless you are one of only half a dozen reputable designers on staff. Being a industry staple for decades or being the current hottest designer out there gives a bit more pull than the guy complaining to his boss. Stern may be huge but the pool of designer isnt. Skilled employees DO get more say at work. These guys arent grunts that can just he replaced with the next guy off the street.

#332 3 years ago

I'd love to see them selling new code/featues/etc. for legacy machines however. Why they have't tapped this market is strange to me.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

For everyone buying Stern NIB games, I just wanted to say that while you're certainly incentivizing Stern to ship unfinished code and incomplete games at higher prices, I appreciate you. If it wasn't for NIB buyers, there would be no secondary market. With patience, these recent releases are going to be properly priced soon. I thank you for your service.

You welcome? Granted I only jumped on TMNT LE because of the theme and what I saw on the stream, but otherwise I hear you. I got my Munsters LE, and will be getting my Stranger Things LE, on the secondary market... So for me it just depends on the game I suppose...

Jeff

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I don't think that is what he said. It looked like he was comparing modes in the pro v LE. I don't think it covers whether there will be hidden modes only unlocked paying stern money in the future. I could be wrong though
Quoted from Xaqery:
There are no special modes in the game or planned simply because you own a PREM/LE. The only software differences are about the different hardware changes between the PRO and the PREM/LE.

Yep. We all understand each other.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

For real. They might as well just call it FOMO Multiball.

Don't give them any ideas. "Exclusive modes for preorder buyers" or worse "Exclusive mode for Stern Insiders" lol.

#336 3 years ago

They should put a credit card swiper on the front and it costs $1 a game to play it. All funds go to stern. You buy the game and it’s like it’s on location for them at $1 a game for you to play it in your own home.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They should put a credit card swiper on the front and it costs $1 a game to play it. All funds go to stern. You buy the game and it’s like it’s on location for them at $1 a game for you to play it in your own home.

Yes!!

#338 3 years ago

Does anyone know what this topper does? I mean, what’s the mode? Why did I spend $600? Honestly it was a drunk purchase, but I’m not regretting it. It was a nice surprise to wake up this morning and see the email receipt in my inbox. I was like, oh that’s what I did last night eh. Cool cool

#339 3 years ago

Stern are absolutely taking their customers for granted. For them to produce such a poor quality topper, for what is a brilliant game and see fit to charge $600 US (roughly $1000 AU once landed here), shows how little they value their loyal customers. Just staggering that price point was ticked off, especially given the state of the world, so out of touch!

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Not following your logic here, can you explain? How did you decide what "code should be in the game to start"? The topper is an optional piece, apparently with a separate set of letters that light up individually that are not elsewhere on the game. So including this particular code on the game to start would make no sense.
It's an available extra.

I see what you’re saying. IMO, stern should not take the opportunity to jack up a topper price so that a special game mode should be included in the game. It should’ve been like the Beatles topper where it spells out Beatlemania, but you don’t need the topper to get those awards in the game. JP easily could’ve shown a display animation that showed progress in spelling Jurassic Park and the topper should be like a $250 accessory.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know the timing may seem a little insensitive, but has anybody considered a March in front of the Stern facility?
It’s really not that hard to do, just show up with signs and stay in public space. I’ve written up a press release, all we need is a date and time.
Who wants in on this? Could be a pretty amazing social justice movement if we play the media the right way.
——
A crowd of pinball consumers, players, and activists will march in front of Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, in Elk Grove, Illinois, tomorrow evening to protest the release of their new Jurassic Park topper.
The activists say the topper - which is priced at $600, yet features no actual living dinosaurs, or Even lizards with fake horns glued to their heads - is a “cash grab” and affront to the pinball community.
“I’ve dedicated almost 18 months of my life to this hobby, living, breathing, and buying pinball machines, and this is how they repay me?!,” says BigMetalBalls1978 on community forum Pinside.
“This is just another example of the injustice and inequality in today’s society. They are trying to turn this into a hobby for the 1 percenters. How about us upper middle classers who now have to choose between a custom shooter rod and a pin stadium kit or this new topper? It’s outrageous, and it’s disgusting!”
“I don’t even want to get into the lies I’ll have to tell my wife when I finally break down and buy this thing. I’m getting sick of trying to convince her that all of those Stern Inc. charges on the visa bill are actually for a food bank,” BigMetalBalls1978 added.
The stern topper release is only the latest attempt by the world’s largest pinball company to make money. Activists say other offenses include building pinball machines and selling them for money, and also continuing to sell the cheapest full size commercial pinball machines on the market by a sizable margin. Activists also say Stern uses mind-control technology to force consumers to buy their overpriced, clunky add-ons, and that the company employs a sinister and controversial predatory “FOMO” strategy to exploit and pillage those most vulnerable in the pinball community.
The fiery debate and condemnation even spilled over to moribund cyber-wasteland and competitive pinball player discussion site Tiltforums, for about 3 minutes until the thread was swiftly locked and deleted by the insane Tiltforums moderation team.
“What is this, communist Russia?! It’s insane that they are selling this expensive add on nobody needs. $600 is an outrageous price for a hunk of plastic with LEDs on it, when I can buy a pinstadium kit with about $10 in raw materials for only $300. Plus, what are the untold ramifications of this topper on Tournament Play? THere's just too many questions!!!” ranted Corndog15 on the site before the post was swiftly deleted, banished to the cyber ether forever for violating site terms forbidding interesting posts and discussion.
Protesters will march in front of the facility, chanting slogans like “Topper is a Flopper!!,” “We are NOT your Topper Bottom Bitch!” And “We Wont Stop Till Theres Change at the Top!” Some will wear t-shirts bearing the movement’s popular and hilarious rallying cry of “For $600 this topper better gratify me sexually!!”
Bottles of KY jelly will be distributed to protesters to throw at Gary Stern’s goons and private army of riot consultants, and organizers plan a “Bend over for Gary” action to demonstrate how they feel personally violated by this topper release.
Local civic officials are expected to speak. Activists will attempt to deliver a petition to Gary Stern, urging him to engage with the community and reconsider his controversial “I like to make money” policy.
This is only one of of many pinball protests Planned by activists this week. A “BTTF, Not Hot Wheels!” rally is planned in front of the American Pinball facility on Saturday, along with a “Release Something Already and Take my Money!” Protest planned at Illinois’ own Jersey Jack Pinball facility the following Sunday.

WOW that was creative. I spent my time extracting a stinger from a bald faced hornet I killed tonight.

45A98DED-C995-44B6-BD9B-5883D8A99B65 (resized).jpeg45A98DED-C995-44B6-BD9B-5883D8A99B65 (resized).jpegCBDC7277-2D13-414F-B5AE-8842F69A07DB (resized).jpegCBDC7277-2D13-414F-B5AE-8842F69A07DB (resized).jpeg
#342 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

It should’ve been like the Beatles topper where it spells out Beatlemania, but you don’t need the topper to get those awards in the game.

Has Stern stated anywhere that the topper is needed for the new mode? Maybe its not in the code yet and when it is they will code it like Beatles.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Has Stern stated anywhere that the topper is needed for the new mode? Maybe its not in the code yet and when it is they will code it like Beatles.

I’ll be pissed if I spent 600 for a topper and everyone gets the mode for free.

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

WOW that was creative. I spent my time extracting a stinger from a bald faced hornet I killed tonight.[quoted image][quoted image]

What in gods name did you do that for?

Some kind of voodoo? Miracle cure? Art project?

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What in gods name did you do that for?
Some kind of voodoo? Miracle cure? Art project?

Confront my worst fears. Lol

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Does anyone know what this topper does? I mean, what’s the mode? Why did I spend $600? Honestly it was a drunk purchase, but I’m not regretting it. It was a nice surprise to wake up this morning and see the email receipt in my inbox. I was like, oh that’s what I did last night eh. Cool cool

No. Only Stern employees apparently.

I heard it lets out a small queef if you complete the spelling. Tribute to the only female Dinosaurs in JP.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’ll be pissed if I spent 600 for a topper and everyone gets the mode for free.

You should be more pissed at Stern for setting the possible precedent that a mode could be added down the road and locked behind a $600 paywall.

#348 3 years ago

Before we worry about the next can't be without pin accoutrement, can I please have my Munsters topper that I ordered 6 months ago? On back order....huh?

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't give them any ideas.

“Congratulations on your purchase of the exciting TMNT pinball experience! Get read for all the action you and Donatello can handle, and then upgrade to more turtles and new adventures to come!”

#350 3 years ago

That means jurassic park will be getting a new code release with the new topper mode. Probably be in the option to turn on or off. Even if you dont have a topper you could probably turn it on but wont know when you achieve all the letters, but will be like a midnight madness mode and just start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-dlc-stern-s-new-low/page/7?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.