20200617_141947 (resized).jpg
E1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpeg
Playstrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
EC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg
A979EA87-9729-4160-9A4D-4E1ED63426C4 (resized).png

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

ATTENTION STERN PLEASE READ THIS ...
1) We pay 9k plus for your LE that aren't even close to the value of a JJP LE
2) We pay 9k and you can't even put a flap like JJP so the balls won't fall out
3) We pay 9k and you can't even put green buttons on a green game no you put yellow, you use black rubbers can't do color coded.
4) We pay 9k and you can't even color code flippers to the playfield why yellow on a green game or red game
5) We pay 9k and we get an autograph from Gary Stern... keep it and put it the freaking flap to keep the balls from falling out
6) We pay 9k and you DO NOT GET A TOPPER????????????? REALLY????????????
7) We pay 9k and we don't get the new mode? Seriously?
8) WE PAY YOU 9K for JP and you don't even use the artwork from the movie or clips. Deadpool you did the same thing, and the same thing again for TMNT.
9) WE PAY YOU 9K and on Aerosmith you're too damn cheap to license DREAM ON FOR AEROSMITH... you cheap bastards. This is getting OLD FAST!
10) People have lost their jobs, their wealth, business have closed, rioting is going on everywhere and you THINK IN THIS ENVIRONMENT you want to DOUBLE the price of what this topper is worth? SERIOUSLY? This is a 299.00 topper TOPS!
Listen Stern I AM NOW CANCELLING AN ORDER FOR YOUR NEW GAME! SCREW YOU GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the WORST TOPPER IN HISTORY ... you make a topper for Black Knight that moves around and talks and is CHEAPER THAN THIS NEW JOKE OF A TOPPER??? WHO ARE YOU KIDDING???????
Black Knight Topper vs JP Topper PLEASE!
THIS MUST BE AN APRIL 1st JOKE
SHAME ON YOU STERN! SHAME ON YOU!
I kept waiting for this Topper, and I thought you'd TOP Black Knight but no... you guys are horrible!!!!
ATTENTION JJP... BRING ON GNR LE $9500 with a TOPPER! LETS GO SCREW STERN! THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS AND STERN THINKS WOW LETS CHARGE 600 BUCKS FOR A DUMPY TOPPER!!!!!!!! SCREW OFF STERN!

This is why they don't listen "We pay 9k"

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How were you able to purchase it? Every single time I go stern website it says out of stock, and this whole Stern Insider thing is completely useless, took my 30.00 for nothing can't even access it early, nothing
Found on ebay. Stern website useless.

Cointaker has some

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

No big deal, if you like toppers...cool
And for a couple hundred bucks more than usual, you get a unique game code
If your okay spending over 9k on pinnie, does a few hundred $ really matter FFS

Yup

#255 3 years ago

I don’t usually bitch about Stern. I like their games and have bought many NIB. But they have turned me off in the last couple of years. I am now buying high end video games like Moto GP and Raw Thrills JP instead. I will probably buy two more pinball machines in the future because I have slots available for two. But they will be on the secondary market, or hopefully JJP makes a theme with solid game play that I like. Unfortunately so far that has not been the case.

Speak with your wallet. Buy some solid older games used or buy some other cool game room stuff.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This is why they don't listen "We pay 9k"

I dont even pay that much in Canadian pesos.
Nobody likes this new business model or.price point but the guys like me buying <6k pros really cant justify a 10% price hike because that's essentially what this is. Want a full JP but hate toppers? Doesnt matter. If they want to rise the damned prices just be forward about it and start charging us another $500 up front. I dont like it any more than the next guy. We already over pay but at least give me.the confidence that the money I spend gets me the toy im after , not 90% of a game. DLC is a horrible concept to bring into pinball. It ruined modern gaming for me.
I wanted a Deadpool and JP but Covid killed the cash flow. I started looking at my older wanted games and this is only making me want to drop my cash else where. Stern.might have to start getting my money one dollar at a time from now on.....

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

ATTENTION STERN PLEASE READ THIS ...
1) We pay 9k plus for your LE that aren't even close to the value of a JJP LE
2) We pay 9k and you can't even put a flap like JJP so the balls won't fall out
3) We pay 9k and you can't even put green buttons on a green game no you put yellow, you use black rubbers can't do color coded.
4) We pay 9k and you can't even color code flippers to the playfield why yellow on a green game or red game
5) We pay 9k and we get an autograph from Gary Stern... keep it and put it the freaking flap to keep the balls from falling out
6) We pay 9k and you DO NOT GET A TOPPER????????????? REALLY????????????
7) We pay 9k and we don't get the new mode? Seriously?
8) WE PAY YOU 9K for JP and you don't even use the artwork from the movie or clips. Deadpool you did the same thing, and the same thing again for TMNT.
9) WE PAY YOU 9K and on Aerosmith you're too damn cheap to license DREAM ON FOR AEROSMITH... you cheap bastards. This is getting OLD FAST!
10) People have lost their jobs, their wealth, business have closed, rioting is going on everywhere and you THINK IN THIS ENVIRONMENT you want to DOUBLE the price of what this topper is worth? SERIOUSLY? This is a 299.00 topper TOPS!
Listen Stern I AM NOW CANCELLING AN ORDER FOR YOUR NEW GAME! SCREW YOU GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the WORST TOPPER IN HISTORY ... you make a topper for Black Knight that moves around and talks and is CHEAPER THAN THIS NEW JOKE OF A TOPPER??? WHO ARE YOU KIDDING???????
Black Knight Topper vs JP Topper PLEASE!
THIS MUST BE AN APRIL 1st JOKE
SHAME ON YOU STERN! SHAME ON YOU!
I kept waiting for this Topper, and I thought you'd TOP Black Knight but no... you guys are horrible!!!!
ATTENTION JJP... BRING ON GNR LE $9500 with a TOPPER! LETS GO SCREW STERN! THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS AND STERN THINKS WOW LETS CHARGE 600 BUCKS FOR A DUMPY TOPPER!!!!!!!! SCREW OFF STERN!

ATTENTION DRFRIGHTNER PLEASE READ THIS ...

1) We been bitching for years saying we are done buying NIB yet TMNT LE's are almost all spoken for.

2) People will say this was the last straw until they drop Godzilla on us and FOMO kicks in.

3) Stern doesn't give two shits about what we say on here and is laughing all the way to the bank.

#258 3 years ago

At this point Stern should just remake Monopoly with a huge topper "Cash Grab" in all its led blinky fashion.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All the talk in this thread about bending over and taking it is pretty hot. Keep it coming fellas!

are you bent over as you reading this?

#260 3 years ago

Just wait until Stern figures out how to embed RFID chips in each ball, so you will have to buy only Stern balls for $49.99 each, and they will expire every year.

Damn i'm evil.

#261 3 years ago

Stranger Things add on lights to “unlock” upsidedown world mode.
Jurassic Park topper for another exclusive mode.

I hope there’s a tube of lube included.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I hope there’s a tube of lube included.

Me too! I am running low

#263 3 years ago

Stern will do whatever it can to create a recurring revenue business model. It’s incredibly lucrative and only relies on a small amount of people to work.

If ya don’t like it- don’t buy NIB

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That big new screen we're all paying extra for has plenty of room to show J-U-R-A-S-S-I-C - P-A-R-K with or without a topper.

Spelling the game title with letters that carry over game to game goes back at least 40 years to silverball mania.

Wild eh

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Spelling the game title with letters that carry over game to game goes back at least 40 years to silverball mania.
Wild eh

Spell B-L-A-S-T-O-F-F for 13 Ball Multiball

#266 3 years ago

Stern comes across as the greediest company. Unless you vote your wallet, they will continue these deceptive tactics.

There is no value in a piece of plastic with some lights and a mode that should of been included in the game from the start.

Laces out Stern!

#267 3 years ago

Eagerly awaiting Stern’s super duper topper for Heavy Metal, rumored to cost $8k. As a special gift and if you order one now, it comes with one Heavy Metal pinball machine and free shipping. The pinball machine is interactive with the glorious topper. Act fast.

#268 3 years ago

TMNT is less appealing now knowing that we will probably want to buy some code for it in the future for big $. We aren't talking cosmetics. Hope this works out for Stern. It might net them some cash this year, but doesn't seem like a move a classy company would make.

Some would say it works in the computer game industry, but that is comparing apples to oranges. Computer games are throw away consumables, and computer DLCs are just another small serving at like $15.

This lowers the value of future Stern initial releases for many people, because we know we are being strung along and not buying the complete game.

#269 3 years ago

f#ck gary stern

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

TMNT is less appealing now knowing that we will probably want to buy some code for it in the future for big $.

Dwight already confirmed there will be nothing like this for TMNT.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

This lowers the value of future Stern initial releases for many people, because we know we are being strung along and not buying the complete game.

This doesn't prove there will be DLC for machines modes/rules. May be shocking but there a re a massive amount of people NOT buying toppers for games

#272 3 years ago

If this sells there's no one to blame but the consumer, if no one buys this it will probably be the first and last time this happens (at least for a while, until someone decides to try again to see if people will fall for it this time)

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight already confirmed there will be nothing like this for TMNT.

To be fair, didn’t Dwight only confirm that there wouldn’t be an additional “surprise for the Prem/LE” as alluded to on Dead Flip? That doesn’t mean there won’t be a surprise add-on for all three models to come.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

To be fair, didn’t Dwight only confirm that there wouldn’t be an additional “surprise for the Prem/LE” as alluded to on Dead Flip? That doesn’t mean there won’t be a surprise add-on for all three models to come.

People literally were bitching about this topper and surprise modes and add ons and he said there’s none of that with TMNT.

I couldn’t care less either way, just passing info along.

#275 3 years ago

I could see the outrage if they did this for a game like the Munsters, but Jurassic Park is full of content already. This thread is a dumpster fire of FUD

And I’ll double down on what I already said. It’s just a bunch of cheap plastic and leds. If the software does something unique with it, then it at least does something to justify the cost.

Would you prefer it without the software and they only charge like $300?

We all know Stern will keep selling these low cost items with a high markup. The whole hobby is ridiculously expensive so it’s wild to see so many pinball junkies get riled up about something they don’t need.

These will sell whether people like it or not. Too many rich people that don’t care and will buy buy buy.

Lastly I’m curious if the topper is rare if it adds any value to the game. Tron LE is special. You can make a Tron Pro look just like the LE, but it’ll never have the extra software for a meaningless multiball. That’s why Tron LE is the rare LE that actually went up in value.

If the bonus software is a neat multiball or something, collectors gotta have it

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People literally were bitching about this topper and surprise modes and add ons and he said there’s none of that with TMNT.

Umm, not exactly. Dwight said, "there are no special modes in the game or planned simply because you own a PREM/LE." There could be a JP topper-like product with DLC for all models. Or not, but what he said doesn't preclude it.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Would you prefer it without the software and they only charge like $300?

I would prefer the mode without the topper, included for free in the software I already paid for. Zero interest in a cheap-looking movie logo standee with flat plastic dinosaurs.

#278 3 years ago

Fair enough. Am I the only one kind of rooting for it? Haha

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I would prefer the mode without the topper, included for free in the software I already paid for. Zero interest in a cheap-looking movie logo standee with flat plastic dinosaurs.

Are you not satisfied with the amount of content in Jurassic Park?

It’s a pretty robust rule set and even has the option to skip straight to its super wizard mode as a fun mini game.

Seems like they gave you a ton of software for the product you paid for already.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Am I the only one kind of rooting for it? Haha

burn.gifburn.gif
#281 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s a pretty robust rule set and even has the option to skip straight to its super wizard mode as a fun mini game.

Seems like they gave you a ton of software for the product you paid for already.

Better question: why are you playing devil's advocate for Stern? What's in it for you to play the other side, Trey Bo Sixty Nine?

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not really the point. Would you not want to add another mode? Another mode that you don’t have to spend another $600 for?

#283 3 years ago

For everyone buying Stern NIB games, I just wanted to say that while you're certainly incentivizing Stern to ship unfinished code and incomplete games at higher prices, I appreciate you. If it wasn't for NIB buyers, there would be no secondary market. With patience, these recent releases are going to be properly priced soon. I thank you for your service.

#284 3 years ago

They gave us the ability to play the Escape Nublar mode for FREE though!

*Sidenote - Love the mode and most likely would never have seen it if they didn't*

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Umm, not exactly. Dwight said, "there are no special modes in the game or planned simply because you own a PREM/LE." There could be a JP topper-like product with DLC for all models. Or not, but what he said doesn't preclude it.

Yep, the words he chose only said there wouldn't be additional differences in the Pro/Prem/LE models. He specifically did not say there wouldn't be additional features for a fee that could go on all models, even though a lot of people seemed to interpret it as though that's what he meant.

#286 3 years ago

If ANYONE BUYS this topper and I mean anyone you're speaking for everyone that it's okay to rape the community. You're saying its okay to raise the prices on everything to unreal levels. You speak with your wallets not thru posts on this website or even facebook. When people don't buy, companies look in the mirror. If you complain like crazy but buy anyway no one will listen because it won't matter.

For Stern to do this shows they have no compassion, nor do they have any level of love for their customers... people paid over $9,000 for a JP LE pinball game.

Now they can't get the new mode if they don't shell out another $600 for a $100 topper? Buy the topper what message are you sending?

Stranger Things same thing people paid over $9000 for the game, only to find out Stern had ALWAYS planned to sell a mod for the game, setting you back another $300 dollars. THey painted the playfield before hand but if you buy an LE why aren't you getting that mod?

Lets think here for a second Stranger Things soon will have a topper I'm sure... $9200 for the game, $300 for the blacklight mod, $600 more for the topper (coming soon), now Stranger Things is basically $10,000.00.

Is Stranger Things worth 10k when people don't have jobs? Is Stranger Things worth 10k when your 401k and stocks are way down?

Guess what... 5 years from now JP Pinball LE will be worth about $6800 dollars, while Wizard of Oz from JJP will still be worth $8000 range.

Stern still has a 1990 matrix backend nothing close to JJP... when does stern pull that into 2020? You keep paying 10k for a game they wont' change anything.

Time to speak with your wallets and put your passion in the backseat!

If a game is going to cost 10k (more than a JJP LE) then make your game worth a JJP LE.

PS: Where is the FULL COLOR backend matrix system like JJP if your games are worth 10k? Cmon already!

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Better question: why are you playing devil's advocate for Stern? What's in it for you to play the other side?

Idk. Why are you changing the topic?

We’re both advocating for the consumer but in different ways

Stern keeps raising prices. I’m arguing for value to be part of it. If they’re going to charge a ridiculous amount of money for a topper, then it better do something special.

You are afraid that they will see this as a reason to cut back on part of the core software as part of the purchase.

I’ve done the DLC in video game debate to death for the past decade. Until it feels like they purposefully cut content to resell it to you later and/or there is a dearth of content, I’m fine with DLC.

Considering Stern can never get a topper out when the game comes out, I’m skeptical they’re taking anything from the core design out to sell back later. The topper work seems to begin after the game has shipped. (At least for now)

#288 3 years ago

Not gonna lie, I didn't read that whole post. Just don't care about answering your questions, Trey Bo Sixty Nine.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not gonna lie, I didn't read that whole post. Just don't care about answering your questions, Trey Bo Sixty Nine.

Cool. What a great forum full of delightful people who want to engage in conversation

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry but this deserves it's own thread. We've hit a new low.
Stern just released the official topper for Jurassic Park and is charging $600. Worst part - not only does it look cheap BUT they are advertising a special mode ONLY achieved through the purchase of this topper. Apparently it's tied to the topper itself.
Wow - w---t----f. That door holding in our fear of DLC has just been kicked down.
REP (for attached pic): user join_the_cirqus post #5172 on the JP club thread. Also on kaneda's website.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/105#post-5681132
[quoted image]

It sounds like the topper gives you a mode similar to the couch multiball that carries over from game to game. For an extra multiball mode I think many will find it worth the money it may be worth more than buying a LE game

#291 3 years ago

It's interesting to see where people draw the line at what they consider gouging.

You see people criticizing others who buy this topper as an idiot, yet they just spent $8000 or $9000 on games that used to cost half as much.

The people buying the topper are no more to blame for the high prices than the people buying the games themselves.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

It's interesting to see where people draw the line at what they consider gouging.
You see people criticizing others who buy this topper as an idiot, yet they just spent $8000 or $9000 on games that used to cost half as much.
The people buying the topper are no more to blame for the high prices than the people buying the games themselves.

Non comparable seeing this JP topper costs more than 10% of what a JP Pro costs. I don't care how much an LE costs and if Stern wants they can sell LEs for $25k as long as you can still buy the same full featured Premium for a "reasonable" price.

Pins have gone up in price more than they should but maybe 10-15% for a Pro; I wouldn't complain if they were still $5k but whatever. This topper, if $300 would still be overpriced for what it is.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You are afraid that they will see this as a reason to cut back on part of the core software as part of the purchase.
I’ve done the DLC in video game debate to death for the past decade. Until it feels like they purposefully cut content to resell it to you later and/or there is a dearth of content, I’m fine with DLC.
Considering Stern can never get a topper out when the game comes out, I’m skeptical they’re taking anything from the core design out to sell back later. The topper work seems to begin after the game has shipped. (At least for now)

I think this topper has caused DLC to be something to keep in mind now when making a buying decision. Are they keeping something back? They've definitely earned some doubt on the issue with the way they've waited long after the unveiling and sales of the machines to announce these additional cost features on Stranger Things and now the JP topper. I think you're maybe not giving them enough credit as to what they plan and how far in advance they plan it. They're a business and they're going to do what businesses do which is look to increase revenue streams, and there isn't anything bad about that. But it's how a company goes about it that makes the difference. It seems reasonable to me to think there's a chance this could be them testing the waters on a new model of additional charges for game code, and when a company starts down that path it usually doesn't take long for them to start putting more into the "additional charge" bucket and less into the "included with purchase" bucket. That would be a big change from the current way things are done, and so would open up another issue to think about when deciding which company you're going to buy a game from. Like you said, it will come down to value and which company is offering the best value.

#294 3 years ago

Yep, this is the first DLC for Pinball.

#295 3 years ago

If the mode is a full featured wizard mode I think $250 is reasonable for the mode. I originally thought $250 for an interactive light up topper was understandable but taking a close look at this thing and it really is garbage. There are screw heads or rivets at the top, the plastic cut out looks like crap. It's $100 at best glorified tournament topper with some LEDs.

#296 3 years ago

I know the timing may seem a little insensitive, but has anybody considered a March in front of the Stern facility?

It’s really not that hard to do, just show up with signs and stay in public space. I’ve written up a press release, all we need is a date and time.

Who wants in on this? Could be a pretty amazing social justice movement if we play the media the right way.

——

A crowd of pinball consumers, players, and activists will march in front of Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, in Elk Grove, Illinois, tomorrow evening to protest the release of their new Jurassic Park topper.

The activists say the topper - which is priced at $600, yet features no actual living dinosaurs, or Even lizards with fake horns glued to their heads - is a “cash grab” and affront to the pinball community.

“I’ve dedicated almost 18 months of my life to this hobby, living, breathing, and buying pinball machines, and this is how they repay me?!,” says BigMetalBalls1978 on community forum Pinside.

“This is just another example of the injustice and inequality in today’s society. They are trying to turn this into a hobby for the 1 percenters. How about us upper middle classers who now have to choose between a custom shooter rod and a pin stadium kit or this new topper? It’s outrageous, and it’s disgusting!”

“I don’t even want to get into the lies I’ll have to tell my wife when I finally break down and buy this thing. I’m getting sick of trying to convince her that all of those Stern Inc. charges on the visa bill are actually for a food bank,” BigMetalBalls1978 added.

The stern topper release is only the latest attempt by the world’s largest pinball company to make money. Activists say other offenses include building pinball machines and selling them for money, and also continuing to sell the cheapest full size commercial pinball machines on the market by a sizable margin. Activists also say Stern uses mind-control technology to force consumers to buy their overpriced, clunky add-ons, and that the company employs a sinister and controversial predatory “FOMO” strategy to exploit and pillage those most vulnerable in the pinball community.

The fiery debate and condemnation even spilled over to moribund cyber-wasteland and competitive pinball player discussion site Tiltforums, for about 3 minutes until the thread was swiftly locked and deleted by the insane Tiltforums moderation team.

“What is this, communist Russia?! It’s insane that they are selling this expensive add on nobody needs. $600 is an outrageous price for a hunk of plastic with LEDs on it, when I can buy a pinstadium kit with about $10 in raw materials for only $300. Plus, what are the untold ramifications of this topper on Tournament Play? THere's just too many questions!!!” ranted Corndog15 on the site before the post was swiftly deleted, banished to the cyber ether forever for violating site terms forbidding interesting posts and discussion.

Protesters will march in front of the facility, chanting slogans like “Topper is a Flopper!!,” “We are NOT your Topper Bottom Bitch!” And “We Wont Stop Till Theres Change at the Top!” Some will wear t-shirts bearing the movement’s popular and hilarious rallying cry of “For $600 this topper better gratify me sexually!!”

Bottles of KY jelly will be distributed to protesters to throw at Gary Stern’s goons and private army of riot consultants, and organizers plan a “Bend over for Gary” action to demonstrate how they feel personally violated by this topper release.

Local civic officials are expected to speak. Activists will attempt to deliver a petition to Gary Stern, urging him to engage with the community and reconsider his controversial “I like to make money” policy.

This is only one of of many pinball protests Planned by activists this week. A “BTTF, Not Hot Wheels!” rally is planned in front of the American Pinball facility on Saturday, along with a “Release Something Already and Take my Money!” Protest planned at Illinois’ own Jersey Jack Pinball facility the following Sunday.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Non comparable seeing this JP topper costs more than 10% of what a JP Pro costs. I don't care how much an LE costs and if Stern wants they can sell LEs for $25k as long as you can still buy the same full featured Premium for a "reasonable" price.
Pins have gone up in price more than they should but maybe 10-15% for a Pro; I wouldn't complain if they were still $5k but whatever. This topper, if $300 would still be overpriced for what it is.

Yes my point is 'reasonable' is to be determined by each individual buyer. Just because someone pays 'x' for something doesn't make them an idiot.

Tell your average non pinball person what you've spent on your collection, the average person thinks we're all idiots for spending what we do on these things.

#298 3 years ago

Lol, this is just silly.
I wouldnt buy that topper if it was 100$, thats how fucking bad it is.
Way to treat your customers.

Btw. With the way stern treat their customers, who honestly think there will be replacement spike 1 boards available in three years or so?

You think you are fucked now, but just wait and see.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Yep, this is the first DLC for Pinball.

Not true.

CGC offered a color chip for $400 for used the existing hardware to color the DMD and increase the resolution of many of the animations. People were pissed it wasn't included at first, but eventually most bought it.

JJP has offered a ticket dispenser code/game for added cost for many of their games. As I recall this costs more than $600 and doesn't include a topper.

Multimorphic has been doing this for a while to add new games to their system.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Yes my point is 'reasonable' is to be determined by each individual buyer. Just because someone pays 'x' for something doesn't make them an idiot.
Tell your average non pinball person what you've spent on your collection, the average person thinks we're all idiots for spending what we do on these things.

If you are posting on a pinball forum you are an educated buyer. If you pay $8k for a players condition Fish Tales it does make you an idiot if you know that the price is double what it's worth. Just because you have the money doesn't mean something is a good value.

Spend your money however you like but it doesn't mean it isn't gouging. If I buy a single AA battery for $20 I'm still an idiot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-dlc-stern-s-new-low/page/6?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.