20200617_141947 (resized).jpg
E1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpeg
Playstrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
EC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg
A979EA87-9729-4160-9A4D-4E1ED63426C4 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I agree the LE buyers should get the topper too.
I also think the LEs should cost $600 more though.

lol. You and Gary.....best buddies.

Gary-Stern-meme-template (1) (resized).jpgGary-Stern-meme-template (1) (resized).jpg
#902 3 years ago

I see thousands of dollars going in mods everyday, I can't blame Stern for trying to get a piece of that pie.
Plus they made it cool and innovative, I think it's smart.

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That sucks.

You've got a good point there WD. The whole thing is muddied because Stern knowingly release games where code is unfinished on launch. We all buy the games with an unspoken understanding that the code is unfinished and will improve over time. There is never anything concrete from Stern saying that a game is unfinished, finished or anything in between. We just trust them.
Throw in this new "Cash for Code" topper crap and the line between what's finished and what's not is blurred even more. Do we have to assume all released games from now on are more or less feature complete and any further code will be tied to a topper or enhanced light kit?

Still impressed by the add on ST light kit to see the hidden art. Seems like that’s where they dipped their toe in the water to see if a system like this would work.

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wow this thread completely died all of a sudden

F0F4A69B-8FFA-46AC-9441-B35A047DF8DD.gifF0F4A69B-8FFA-46AC-9441-B35A047DF8DD.gif
#905 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

lol. You and Gary.....best buddies.[quoted image]

Well we both agree that people will pay a lot more for pointless LEs that keep funding the company; more power to them all.

#906 3 years ago

I'd consider paying $600 for a Wheel of Fortune topper if it meant it came with actual finished code

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I hate the Pro/premium/special/LE business model and this just makes it even worse.
Just sell the whole damn game.
I hope someone reverse engineers what the topper unlocks and then releases it.

Bingo... we have a winner... could not have said it any better.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Still impressed by the add on ST light kit to see the hidden art. Seems like that’s where they dipped their toe in the water to see if a system like this would work.

George talks about the stranger things UV kit as well in the interview. It took a bit of engineering to figure out how to make the UV work as intended with the existing playfield paints and clear coats. That development plus the actual parts themselves cost money, so instead of increasing the price on every strange things game they decided to sell it as an add on kit. They did eat the cost to add the UV to every playfield so that everyone would have the option to add the kit if they wanted to.

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/

#909 3 years ago

Bumping this dumb thread after a month: Pinside's new low.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Masks are taken down in people's cars between stores, or for any number of reasons. Are you suggesting someone put on their mask for a shopping trip, and never remove it, even while driving

That's EXACTLY what should be done, but whatever you think is for the best.

FB_IMG_1595434049650 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1595434049650 (resized).jpg
#911 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hole point.
This place can be so depressing.

Anyone seen pics of this Black Whole? Terrible.
7034B8BA-338F-4301-8BA7-D60CF1E686A0 (resized).jpeg7034B8BA-338F-4301-8BA7-D60CF1E686A0 (resized).jpeg

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone seen pics of this Black Whole? Terrible.

I've seen and restored worse.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

George talks about the stranger things UV kit as well in the interview. It took a bit of engineering to figure out how to make the UV work as intended with the existing playfield paints and clear coats. That development plus the actual parts themselves cost money, so instead of increasing the price on every strange things game they decided to sell it as an add on kit. They did eat the cost to add the UV to every playfield so that everyone would have the option to add the kit if they wanted to.
https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/

Thats totally okay. What ppl react to is that it was not announced at release, i guess.

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've seen and restored worse.

I’m sure Zitt . Just another failed whole/hole joke.

#915 3 years ago

Anyone that has the JP topper love it?

What is the extra code like?

3 weeks later
#916 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This is a very good question and I'd love to hear the answer...

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Quoted from cscmtp:

This is a very good question and I'd love to hear the answer...

It isn't that great/hard of a question. If you have enough disposable income and like toppers then buy it.

#918 3 years ago

I love it, it looks great.
The goat mode is mehhhhhh.
Not a game changer but a fun little add on mode.

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Can you tell me about the goat mode? I don't know anything about it other than what it looks like.

#920 3 years ago

double post sorry

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Thanks!

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can you tell me about the goat mode? I don't know anything about it other than what it looks like.

It’s a typical frenzy mode. Every hit switch scores a certain amount. Instead of being time limited it’s “flip” limited. So drop catches and flipper passes are not smart during that mode lol..

Every switch makes a goat sound.

Nobody can tell you if it’s worth it or not. That’s subjective and personal... for me it was a must have for my LE. Hopefully I can recover some $$ when I sell my Tilt topper.

2 months later
#923 3 years ago

Did anyone succeed in faking this topper for cheap ??
any effort ongoing ?

#925 3 years ago

Not really the same thing (looks good though)

Without the topper's node board it's not going to do the synchronized light show and enable the additional software features. Someone has to make a knock off one of those and figure out if there is any software protection.

#926 3 years ago

Hey guys, Does anyone did a video with this new dlc mode? I would like to see but I didn't find...

2 years later
#927 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Absolutely despicable.
It’s always something. I stopped buying Sterns when they made people beg for a $15k Super LE of an unfinished prototype. Then came horrible playfields as a feature. Then making Stranger Things owners pay to “unlock” a lighting feature.
I was almost tempted by TMNT...was thinking about getting one.
NAH.
Glad I didn’t buy a TMNT. Now that $600 mode DLC is a thing, this has cemented that I will
never buy a Stern on principal. Every game is gonna have a paid unlock now. I’m Done. Forever. Lost me as a customer permanently with this one.

Funny, shows you own a Godzilla. By Stern.

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Funny, shows you own a Godzilla. By Stern.

Oh please, people have vowed to be done more with Sten that Tina was with Ike

#929 1 year ago

People complaining about a $600 topper is...quaint!

We were all so innocent then.

2 months later
#930 11 months ago

Popping this one back up so we do not get another rage-post about the Godzilla DLC equipped topper. For those of you who are not in the loop, Stern added the Goat mode to the code for all JP owners on a later code update.

#931 11 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

....For those of you who are not in the loop, Stern added the Goat mode to the code for all JP owners on a later code update.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGFHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Oh wait, cool!

#932 11 months ago

Do you need to own an ic kit for JP for the goat mode?

#933 11 months ago
Quoted from bocce:

Do you need to own an ic kit for JP for the goat mode?

Not necessarily a full kit, but at least set it up with an IC scanner/node board, then leave a wifi dongle and micro SD card installed to login via home team.

1 week later
#934 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not necessarily a full kit, but at least set it up with an IC scanner/node board, then leave a wifi dongle and micro SD card installed to login via home team.

may not need the wifi if hooked up with e-net

2 months later
#935 7 months ago

is it true that the "DLC" tied to the topper was made available in the code for machines withoput the topper? if yes, do you think it will happen with Mandalorian Madness also? thanks for feedback!

#936 7 months ago
Quoted from Falc0nWing:

is it true that the "DLC" tied to the topper was made available in the code for machines withoput the topper? if yes, do you think it will happen with Mandalorian Madness also? thanks for feedback!

Only one I had heard that was made available was Goat Multiball on JP, I'm not close enough to the other games to know one way or the other. Your guess is as good as anyone else's on whether Mando's mode will make it to the base code or not, all non-topper owners you'd think would hope so... the topper is really cool though even if the mode does make its way to all games the topper is still worth owning if you're a topper person imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-dlc-stern-s-new-low/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.