20200617_141947 (resized).jpg
E1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpeg
Playstrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
EC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg
A979EA87-9729-4160-9A4D-4E1ED63426C4 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

wait, what is JURASSK PARK?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cute. That's come up once already in another thread. But it looks just like the I and C in the gate sign just below it...barely any clearance between those two letters. You should get the flat plastic Stern topper...much easier to read that one.

#852 3 years ago

ICerning is ICey.

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You should get the flat plastic Stern topper...much easier to read that one.

Good idea!! I may be a moron but i work 6 days a week and Im a happy moron!

6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg6F2771F9-46D5-425D-A174-EEF12089D80C (resized).jpeg
#854 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image]

6 days a week.. wow, I would pass out. Can't even do 4 days now. Just wasn't made for work. Think I was just made to sit at home and watch tv or play pinball. If only I could get paid for that... oh well.

#855 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image]

Congratulations

#856 3 years ago

This laseriffic is terrible it will go on sale soon. “The Park” are you serious? I’m having the tilttopper made to order. Waiting .....

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#857 3 years ago

Topper arrived safe and sound my usps rant was unnecessary . Great lighting effects . It’s a good fit

EC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpegEC5F2EA7-44F6-4B8E-B621-392580A526CE (resized).jpeg
#858 3 years ago

Congrats. Enjoy!

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Topper arrived safe and sound my usps rant was unnecessary . Great lighting effects . It’s a good fit
[quoted image]

You got some color coordination going in that room! Nicely done!

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Absolutely despicable.
It’s always something. I stopped buying Sterns when they made people beg for a $15k Super LE of an unfinished prototype. Then came horrible playfields as a feature. Then making Stranger Things owners pay to “unlock” a lighting feature.
I was almost tempted by TMNT...was thinking about getting one.
NAH.
Glad I didn’t buy a TMNT. Now that $600 mode DLC is a thing, this has cemented that I will
never buy a Stern on principal. Every game is gonna have a paid unlock now. I’m Done. Forever. Lost me as a customer permanently with this one.

On one of the deadflip stream JD mentioned there is a secret in the Le version, or maybe its on all I'm not sure, but he definitely mentioned something hidden... which is cool! if the owner doesn't have to fork out extra. Here in Australia Stranger things are selling with the added UV kit as an extra purchase incentive as nobody is buying it. Its all heading towards the inevitable purchasing DLC in the form of code updates guys... dont do it.

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

That looks awesome. My only complaint is that the logo on the translite detracts from the one on the topper.

For $600 you should also get a version of the translite without the logo.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Looks cheesy and ridiculously overpriced.

PM me if you decide to unload it. I'll pay full price just so Stern doesn't get the satisfaction of seeing it on top of your machine.

#863 3 years ago

Added it to mine as well

a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpega2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
#864 3 years ago

Someone should make a mod for the missing end of the tail. I fucking jealous. Congratulations.

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Added it to mine as well[quoted image]

Nice Pin Jack. Is that folding hinges?

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For $600 you should also get a version of the translite without the logo.

You could get a pro translite with its ugly quasi-logo. Topper would actually complement it nicely.

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Nice Pin Jack. Is that folding hinges?

Yeah, I got the idea from the thread on here regarding the harbor freight lift table: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table/page/12#post-4889884

It works awesome!

#868 3 years ago

Stern face masks! Get them while they are hot! Can't wait to get it!

Update :well this one was easier to order.. plenty of stock on this one.

Playstrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgPlaystrong.Mask_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

#869 3 years ago

Facemasks are horrendous...Ed Hardy make them? Just stick the Stern logo and I would have bought one.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Does it come with a ‘free’ mode?

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does it come with a ‘free’ mode?

Im not sure I ordered one, but then I just realized what is that thing.. a lion?

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

$89

#873 3 years ago

Facemasks? A true lifestyle brand!

#874 3 years ago

My lifestyle determines my deathstyle!

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

This laseriffic is terrible it will go on sale soon. “The Park” are you serious? I’m having the tilttopper made to order. Waiting .....
[quoted image]

Is that what was pictured where you made your purchase? If not, why not ask for a refund or at least an explanation?

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Given Sterns QA, it was probably made in China, and comes with the Covid DLC, Death Linked Cloth.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

probably made in China...

I'm guessing Indonesia

#878 3 years ago

I don't get why everyone makes/uses the over-the-ear masks. My wife made everyone in the family masks that have horizontally-oriented elastic bands on the top and bottom corners. So the bottom band goes just above your neck, and the top band goes around the wider part of the back of your head. Keeps the mask just as tight, and seems a lot more comfortable than having something pulling on your ears all the time. And if you want to pull the mask down temporarily, you just slip the top band over your head and you've got a stylish mask-scarf vs. an oversized earing.

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I don't get why everyone makes/uses the over-the-ear masks. My wife made everyone in the family masks ....

1. Because they work just fine
2. Because they like diff'rent things than you
3. Because they don't have your wife to make the masks
4. In week 189 if Corvis we dont need a lesson on how to put on masks

Just ideas.

Edit: but true some peeps do need lessons....mask game is sloppy

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Given Sterns QA, it was probably made in China

China is getting more expensive. My guess is that they are made in Bangladesh at a per unit cost under $10.

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1. Because they work just fine
2. Because they like diff'rent things than you
3. Because they don't have your wife to make the masks
4. In week 189 if Corvis we dont need a lesson on how to put on masks
Just ideas.
Edit: but true some peeps do need lessons....mask game is sloppy

E1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpegE1FEC3D8-89BB-478C-9EF2-A633A4FD0C2D (resized).jpeg
#882 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

China is getting more expensive. My guess is that they are made in Bangladesh at a per unit cost under $10.

Well they’re selling them for $10 so suggesting they have a unit cost under $10 is a given.

There are a lot of companies jumping on the bandwagon making masks, especially clothing companies. Stern already has some sort of a relationship with some vendor that makes their shirts and hats. It’s probably the same company that offered to make these as a new product offering to keep their own people working. Why they allowed that cringe hashtag to be printed on the masks is another question all together.

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Unit price - $1 - $1.50

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Is that what was pictured where you made your purchase? If not, why not ask for a refund or at least an explanation?

I was surprised for sure, the original picture said Jurassic Park....

#885 3 years ago

Stern eye mask, resolves all playfield issues.

20200617_141947 (resized).jpg20200617_141947 (resized).jpg
#886 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im not sure I ordered one, but then I just realized what is that thing.. a lion?

Famous statues.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Q4i8BuSXtjTwSodL6

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I don't get why everyone makes/uses the over-the-ear masks. My wife made everyone in the family masks that have horizontally-oriented elastic bands on the top and bottom corners. So the bottom band goes just above your neck, and the top band goes around the wider part of the back of your head. Keeps the mask just as tight, and seems a lot more comfortable than having something pulling on your ears all the time. And if you want to pull the mask down temporarily, you just slip the top band over your head and you've got a stylish mask-scarf vs. an oversized earing.

Because the over-ear or tie back ones are able to be taken off and put on maintaining the sterile field. The mask you describe could not.
Also once on a mask should not be touched - so pulling the mask down temporarily should never be a thing.

More often than not, there's a reason the way things are designed and don't need 'improving' on, thus defeating the object of them in the first place.

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Stern eye mask, resolves all playfield issues.[quoted image]

The eye mask solution to hide playfield flaws is brilliant and got me thinking about about the thirst issue. Problem - whenever playing pinball, I want to drink multiple beverages. There is only one cup holder per machine and I don’t want to make continuous trips to the fridge, so what to do? Solution - introducing the pinhat - this interactive topper holds a 3-pack and allows you to rotate in your favorite beverage on a sip-by-sip basis. It doesn’t have any lights, but the rotation action is smooth and it swivels in two directions. Trips to the fridge during a pinball session have been cut by 2/3. Cost to build the prototype was $3.62 in materials. Benefits to this user are priceless.

C09C2ECC-6842-4150-93FA-F39D1F125281.gifC09C2ECC-6842-4150-93FA-F39D1F125281.gif

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

how about a hat that holds a 3-pack and allows you to rotate in your favorite beverage on a sip by sip basis?

Siphon effect would continue to soak your sweet pirate beard between sips.

#890 3 years ago

The whitewood of the pinhat was flawed (see pic). You will notice the original design missed the target market. It was built for people that only want a couple of soft drinks and who prefer a loosely fitting hat. Well, we listened to your feedback and it resulted in the Pirate Pinhat 2.0 shown in above post. Fun to wear when playing JJPOTC.

37381AC2-F43D-4FA5-AF8E-0A2DBA279B46.jpeg37381AC2-F43D-4FA5-AF8E-0A2DBA279B46.jpeg

#891 3 years ago

Say what you want, but you put this topper on a masterpiece and one of the best pinball machines ever and it just adds to the great experience of the game.

When you dress up a pig its still a pig and overpriced "butter" ain't gonna help it!

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Because the over-ear or tie back ones are able to be taken off and put on maintaining the sterile field. The mask you describe could not.
Also once on a mask should not be touched - so pulling the mask down temporarily should never be a thing.
More often than not, there's a reason the way things are designed and don't need 'improving' on, thus defeating the object of them in the first place.

This isn't really the place for an extended discussion on this topic, but yes the mask I describe can be taken off in just as sterile a way as an ear mask. When I want to remove the mask, I only touch the elastic band on the back of my head. And I put it on the same way, only touching the elastic. How do you remove an ear mask? By touching the elastic behind your ear. No different than my type of mask, and in fact an ear mask has your hand closer to your face than mine does for removal.

Masks are taken down in people's cars between stores, or for any number of reasons. Are you suggesting someone put on their mask for a shopping trip, and never remove it, even while driving? I agree it's less sterile, but if people hand sanitize and avoid touching the fabric of their mask, then the risk is minimal. The only downside with the type of mask I use, is that is requires more elastic. And the upside is that it's more comfortable to wear. But go ahead, have your ears pulled all you want, just don't pretend that you're superior for using that type of mask.

Sadly, this is the only picture that I have of myself in a mask, and you can't see the straps, but the straps of my mask are placed in exactly the same spot as the N95 mask pictured below it.

mask (resized).jpgmask (resized).jpgcoronavirus-3m-masks-n95-222d669aa944bef30fa86aec23b3198a0d2f589f (resized).jpgcoronavirus-3m-masks-n95-222d669aa944bef30fa86aec23b3198a0d2f589f (resized).jpg
1 month later
#893 3 years ago

Wow this thread completely died all of a sudden

#894 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wow this thread completely died all of a sudden

All 25 toppers sold and that's it. LOL

#895 3 years ago

On the latest Super Awesome Pinball Podcast they have a great interview with George Gomez. Some interesting info regarding Stern's topper development process.

Based on what he said I think they will continue to have exclusive game play features and interactivity only available to those who buy the topper.

I think the LE buyers should get the topper with the game since it's supposed to be the top of the line version. However, I think it's totally reasonable that Pro and Premium buyers have to pay extra for the topper and whatever features/modes comes with it.

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

, I think it's totally reasonable that Pro and Premium buyers have to pay extra for the topper and whatever features/modes comes with it.

I respectfully disagree because when you buy a NIB game you are buying that games code, even if the code is unfinished and not downloaded onto the game yet. The topper of course is an add on that some people buy and some people dont. The LE owners should get a topper with their game as part of the LE package imo but to have to buy a 600 dollar topper just to get the entire code is shitty and extremely f*cking greedy on Sterns part.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

On the latest Super Awesome Pinball Podcast they have a great interview with George Gomez. Some interesting info regarding Stern's topper development process.

Stern can sux a bag of... They really are trying to alienate every "pinhead" in existence thru a series of bad business decisions.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the LE buyers should get the topper with the game since it's supposed to be the top of the line version.

No reason to when people trip over each other to pay $600 extra.

#899 3 years ago

I agree the LE buyers should get the topper too.
I also think the LEs should cost $600 more though.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Based on what he said I think they will continue to have exclusive game play features and interactivity only available to those who buy the topper.

That sucks.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I respectfully disagree because when you buy a NIB game you are buying that games code, even if the code is unfinished and not downloaded onto the game yet. The topper of course is an add on that some people buy and some people dont. The LE owners should get a topper with their game as part of the LE package imo but to have to buy a 600 dollar topper just to get the entire code is shitty and extremely f*cking greedy on Sterns part.

You've got a good point there WD. The whole thing is muddied because Stern knowingly release games where code is unfinished on launch. We all buy the games with an unspoken understanding that the code is unfinished and will improve over time. There is never anything concrete from Stern saying that a game is unfinished, finished or anything in between. We just trust them.

Throw in this new "Cash for Code" topper crap and the line between what's finished and what's not is blurred even more. Do we have to assume all released games from now on are more or less feature complete and any further code will be tied to a topper or enhanced light kit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-dlc-stern-s-new-low/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.