Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Fifty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drain-method-2-942.jpg
    drain-method-1.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

For a short while there was a phantom X that showed at the right of each topic as it was highlighted that allowed the topic to be "drained".

I no longer see that. I would like to see it return.

I like the batch edit (way cool - thanks!!) but it not a substitute for a read and drain as I go.

One guys opinion.

Thanks for such a great forum. Two things brought pinball back into my life: Pinside and Clay's pinrepair / ninja information. Hopefully the same will be said by many decades later.

--- Tom aka zaphod

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

For a short while there was a phantom X that showed at the right of each topic as it was highlighted that allowed the topic to be "drained".
    I no longer see that. I would like to see it return.
    I like the batch edit (way cool - thanks!!) but it not a substitute for a read and drain as I go.
    One guys opinion.

I was wondering where the "x" went. I started using it but then it disappeared. I thought it was just me.

The batch edit is too many clicks just to drain one thread.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I have removed the shortcut X icon from the main topics list interface because it was interfering with the UI on touchscreen devices and I decided it was clogging up the interface too much for the users who don't use the feature.

The drain feature is still there. There are two ways to drain topics.

One is the batch function:

drain-method-1.jpgdrain-method-1.jpg

The other is by visiting a topic and then clicking the drain link at the top:

drain-method-2-942.jpgdrain-method-2-942.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Can I ask what "draining" a topic does?

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Can I ask what "draining" a topic does?

Hides it so you never have to see it again.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Hides it so you never have to see it again.

Thanks.

#7 9 years ago

And it is a fantastic feature. Well done Robin.

#8 9 years ago

I love this feature. On occasion you have those threads that just flare up, this is a great way to handle them.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I love this feature. On occasion you have those threads that just flare up, this is a great way to handle them.

Like that strange "lionman" thread.

#10 9 years ago

I would very much like the little x back, if only on non-mobile devices: if a person is using mobile should be visible to you. In fact, I'm surprised pinside doesn't have a dedicated mobile site, as I find the homepage hard to use on iOS.

The ability to just make a stupid headline go away forever as you scanned through the list was great. Can you make this a user-selectable setting if you can't make it only appear on desktop?

#11 9 years ago

Is it possible to add the DRAIN feature to the "TOPICS YOU VIEWED PAGE"? There isn't an option for a batch edit (unless I'm missing it???). This means I have to enter every thread I viewed and hit "Drain".

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Like that strange "lionman" thread.

You are missing out!

#13 9 years ago

Can you tell me how to enable batch edit ? I can't see the option !

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Can you tell me how to enable batch edit ? I can't see the option !

I don't think it shows up everywhere. It only shows up on the front page.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

I don't think it shows up everywhere. It only shows up on the front page.

You're right. I will see if I can add it to other topic lists pages.

Quoted from Excalabur:

I would very much like the little x back, if only on non-mobile devices

I could make this an option but frankly I wasn't too happy about the X thing. If enough people would like it back I will consider it. Maybe there are other ways to do a single drain (as opposed to batch draining). Open for suggestions.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I could make this an option but frankly I wasn't too happy about the X thing. If enough people would like it back I will consider it. Maybe there are other ways to do a single drain (as opposed to batch draining). Open for suggestions.

I also found it easier and quicker to just hit the X on the fly.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I could make this an option but frankly I wasn't too happy about the X thing.

For the amount of use it gets, the X thing popping up constantly was too much. If you're asking opinions I prefer the feature tucked away.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

For the amount of use it gets, the X thing popping up constantly was too much. If you're asking opinions I prefer the feature tucked away.

So, this is a usage thing. I think I probably would drain 3-4 topics per day if it was easy, while at the moment it's not worth the time to go through and batch-edit them. Instead I'm just annoyed a tiny bit by topics that won't die that I'm not interested in.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I think it would be helpful to have the batch edit option in all sub-Activity menus ("Topic in which you posted", "Topic which you viewed", "Topic you marked as favorites", etc...)

And BTW, thanks for having created and keeping alive this forum

#20 9 years ago

Maybe this is going a little overboard, but how about a setting to enable/disable the "x" icons next to topics? Or a setting to swap between batch edit and "x" icons. Or is that getting a little too granular for something on the settings page?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

I think it would be helpful to have the batch edit option in all sub-Activity menus ("Topic in which you posted", "Topic which you viewed", "Topic you marked as favorites", etc...)
    And BTW, thanks for having created and keeping alive this forum

I would love to see this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topic-drain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.