8%
  • F-14 32 votes
    8%
  • Mousin Around 19 votes
    5%
  • OTHER 55 votes
    13%

(421 votes)

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

Maybe a new poll with worst system 11 machines? Since there are so many great system 11 titles it is hard to say which 3 or 5 are the best but maybe worst would be easier?

Maybe I'll give that a try later if no one beats me to it.

#102 9 years ago

Too 5 that I have played:
1. Transporter the Rescue
2. Whirlwind
3. Earthshaker
4. Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball
5. Rollergames

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Since there are so many great system 11 titles it is hard to say which 3 or 5 are the best but maybe worst would be easier?

BBBB is the bottom of the barrel for me. Great theme, but just no fun.

#104 9 years ago

Pinbot wins as best music and sound package hands down.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Too 5 that I have played:
1. Transporter the Rescue
2. Whirlwind
3. Earthshaker
4. Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball
5. Rollergames

BBBB over RG? COME ON!!!

#106 9 years ago

Hey now, I am enjoying my BBBB. Everyone's problems seem to be focused around the 50 million. It is a problem, but it doesn't make the game not fun.

#107 9 years ago

Here is my list of favorite system 11 machines:

Whirlwind
Diner
Mousin Around
BadCats
Riverboat Gambler
F-14 Tomcat
High Speed
Taxi
EATPM
Pool Sharks
Fire!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Hey now, I am enjoying my BBBB. Everyone's problems seem to be focused around the 50 million. It is a problem, but it doesn't make the game not fun.

Same with Bad Cats and the 20 million. ROM hacks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-rules-scoring

3 months later
#109 8 years ago

Love: Banzai Run, Fire!, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Bad Cats, Swords of Fury, Diner

Like: Black Knight 2000, Cyclone, Earthshaker, F-14, Mousin' Around, Pin*Bot, Police Force, Radical, Taxi

Meh: Big Guns, Bugs Bunny, Dr. Dude, Game Show, Grand Lizard, High Speed, Jokerz!, Rollergames, Space Station, Whirlwind

Need to play more to confirm: Millionaire, Pool Sharks, Riverboat Gambler, Road Kings, Transporter

Random thoughts...
Elvira and especially Pin*Bot have outstanding music and sound FX.
BK2000 seems better suited for arcade ambiance... would be horrible to listen to that day in/day out at home.
High Speed feels more like a System 9 than 11. Reminds me more of Comet than the others.
Dr. Dude wishes it was as cool as Party Zone!
Diner music is repetitive but that's the only ding. Love the art, rules, and callouts.
Grand Lizard looks cool but that ka-thumpity-thump-thumpity-thump bongo soundtrack grates.
Whirlwind doesn't grab me... not sure why. Not really into Funhouse, Road Show, or Twilight Zone either. *shrug* but other Lawlor games I really like such as Banzai Run, No Good Gofers, and Safecracker.

#110 8 years ago

After owning WW for a couple months now it has become not only my favorite Sys 11 but one of the best pins I've ever owned. Love F-14 and Pinbot, Roadkings is much better than it gets credit for. Really want a Transporter the Rescue, never played before but it looks very cool.

#111 8 years ago

Radical is my favorite by far, but the music and theme is in my blood.

I'm a big system 11 fan, I hope to have owned them all someday

No real knocks on any of them except the brutality of f-14, that is the hardest game I have ever played

2 years later
#112 6 years ago

Time to resurrect this old thread.

Just picked up and F-14 as my first System 11 a few weeks ago. That caused me to go out an try to play every other one I could get my hands on.

So far F-14 is still my favorite due to its crazy speed. Followed by Pinbot, High Speed & Big Guns.

#113 6 years ago

TAXI, Whirlwind and EATPM would be my Top 3. Reasons? Gameplay on TAXI and WW. Theme, gameplay and artwork for EATPM

1 week later
#114 6 years ago

Voting on this ancient poll to show some PinBot love.

I have to wonder, regardless of title, if some titles aren't getting love because people didn't play them enough to really appreciate them - because the particular title was a difficult game! PinBot for example being a royal bastard with drains. When I'm having a bad game of PinBot it's downright depressingly awful. Get a good game going and it's a freaking blast. I've owned mine for 17 years now and don't see myself ever letting it go.

Also I saw a reference to recognition for games that introduced this feature or that feature and changing modern pinball as we know it...ehhhh, can't say I agree. If the game introduced a new-to-market feature that in itself is something to respect, but does not necessarily make that title a "good" game. I can say hey; F*repower introduced multiball (at least in the modern, solid state implementation of it) and lane change, and it's a fantastic game! But G*rgar introduced speech, and to me G*rgar is a big yawner. Neat game and I've owned a couple but they didn't last in my collection. (sys6 games *'d out to not trip up this sys11-related thread in the searches)

I'll throw some love out for F14 and BK2K...but they can't beat my PinBot. <3

Richard

#115 6 years ago

My top 3
Whirlwind
Diner
SoF

#116 6 years ago

Love resurrection threads.

I think my top System 11's would be:

Space Station
Earthshaker
Elvira and the Party Monsters
and special mention for Swords of Fury.

Just could play those 4 forever.

#117 6 years ago

OK Skip, I'll play along:

I would say these:
Whirlwind (have) - speed and flow
Diner (have) - theme and overall integration
F-14 (have) - speed. Period.
Rollergames (have) - Kitchiness
Funhouse (have) - humor and fun
Swords of Fury (had) - just because.
Space Station (had) - Condition Green!
Riverboat Gambler (had) - theme, artwork
Earthshaker - concept and effects
BBBB (love the concept and callouts but sorry, not much more)
High Speed (as the better concept between it and HSII)
Dr Dude - zaniness
EATPM - its Elvira. That's enough

See ya at Allentown I hope - always a pleasure to chat!
Tod.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

My top 3
Whirlwind
Diner
SoF

If I could add one more it would be Earthshaker.

#119 6 years ago

Hmm...

#taxi

#f-14-tomcat

#bad-cats

#elvira-and-the-party-monsters

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from CoitusMysterioso:

Time to resurrect this old thread.
Just picked up and F-14 as my first System 11 a few weeks ago. That caused me to go out an try to play every other one I could get my hands on.
So far F-14 is still my favorite due to its crazy speed. Followed by Pinbot, High Speed & Big Guns.

Ha, yeah, same here. F-14 was my first Sys11, followed by Taxi about one week later. Love them both.

I'm not going to vote as I haven't played any other Sys11 games, but I'm headed to Allentown so I hope I'll be able to play them all!

#121 6 years ago

I don’t think bad cats gets enough love.

#122 6 years ago

Hay RonSS,try a "Diner"!!Tight shots.Try to get all the cash register will give,then,just try for that extra ball

#123 6 years ago

I've played every S11 game. Transporter, Taxi, EATPM and Rollergames are my picks. Probably in that order. Maybe a toss up between Transpoter and Taxi for top spot--like 1 and 1a kind of thing.

I've tried to love Whirlwind. But I just can't stand playing the game. I've played some nice examples, too.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay RonSS,try a "Diner"!!Tight shots.Try to get all the cash register will give,then,just try for that extra ball

I am in the process of getting my Virtual Cab together. I have successfully run Diner, so that will be one I'll give a second eye to. While at Allentown I'll make sure to find one if it is there. Thanks!

#125 6 years ago

Diner has my vote. Great art work, great game play, very challenging, and a total disregard for political correctness that if released today would make national news.

#126 6 years ago

Bad Cats (it's basically an AMAZING EM - mirrored backglass, backbox animation, drop target banks, vari-target, Norm Clark style playfield mystery wheel) with 2 nice shooting ramps and great sound and awesome art package. LOVE IT!

Second best is Whirlwind.

Third would be SOF

Then the rest for me.

On this topic but unrelated, which Williams System 11 was the most expensive for them to produce? Would that have been Banzai Run you think?

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Then keep shooting it to wind out the dine time clock!!!

8 months later
#128 5 years ago

I have a space station that everyone enjoys I am looking into other System 11's I think I read that there is another game where the GI turns another color like "condition green" what is that game?

#129 5 years ago

Bally’s Atlantis has a dual color GI setup. Pretty cool.

#130 5 years ago

Taxi (Flow, call outs music, theme integration)
Whirlwind (Theme integration, great lightshow, call outs)
High Speed (Revolutionary pin)

Some of the best pins ever made

#131 5 years ago

It may because it's one of the Sys11 games I've played the most of, but I would go for Space Station, with Rollergames and Radical! rounding out my top three, and an honorable mention to Jokerz!

I find Space Station to be pretty fun even when I brick everything and can't get much done on the table. There are a lot of standup targets to be hit, though, so it might be that I feel like I'm getting something done even on my brick-heavy days. The double layer of top lanes is pretty cool, too. The game is straightforward, not that deep, but I enjoy shooting most of the shots and still find it immensely satisfying to trigger multiball.

3 months later
#132 5 years ago

I've played them all, Pinbot for the win, Diner, Taxi, EATPM, Fire, man they're all pretty good! you can't go wrong with a system 11 machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-williams-system-11-games-and-why/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.