10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3162BE59-5659-4641-A562-6B8FB3B9B1E1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nutshell79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

I've had 5 of the 7 superpins in my collection - they are all fun and unique with great theme intrigration - you can't go wrong with any of them. They were all built during the height of pinball in the 90's and you can see the great creativity that went into the design - being able to build a game without much of a budget constraint I'm sure also helped.

My favorites are:
IJ - great use of the theme in the modes, art, music. Multiball is easy to start but hard to get those super jackpots and addictive to keep trying. Also, if my shots are on game has nice flow hitting the ramps
DM - awesome flow, great music, again good use of the theme and the 4 main multiballs are fantastic
STTNG - great flow, love the beta ramp to loop to delta ramp - feels so good to hit, borg multiball is good and the modes are fun too especially search the galaxy. And another great game for theme intregration with the cast doing custom voice calls

The other 2 I had:
JD - great heavy metal music, dark humor, excellent art on the pf and bg, game has some cool shots with the upper flippers and the ball lock is very cool. But the game play never really drew me in for some reason. I thought I would love the game, but there is some fun or addictive factor missing imho
RS - I love hitting the ramps to bulid the multiplyers and finish with the blast zone shot but again the game never drew me in. I think the game is lacking in that you always stary with the same 2 modes and the upper flipper the only shot is red. There should have been a ramp or loop to hit with that flipper. I'd buy both again in a collection of 20+ games but in my small line up they didn't work for me

Although I never owned one GNR is a great game that I have played many times. I would love to own one some day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 63.95
$ 91.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nutshell79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-wide-body-pins?tu=nutshell79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.