• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4435 (resized).JPG
tumblr_nzuxkgH6rs1tbcweeo1_400.gif
image (resized).jpg
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

For me a good value game is anything that is a complete, good shooting game, with some toys, and with at least mostly balanced code under $4500

RS
Congo
TS
BSD
DH
WW
Taxi
Funhouse
WPT
IM
MET pro

all come to mind

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Ya know....lol. find me a deal like that and I'll trade you supersonic and stars for it. Haha

Lol. Wish i had known u wanted jp. I passed it along to another buddy.

#153 6 years ago

The #1 rated top 100 game Heat Wave is a good bang for your buck machine.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I enjoy the question but always go back to the equation of crap in = crap out.
The pinside rankings are laregly worthless
The pinside valuation is largely worthless
You start with crap data you get crap results or even worse the misconception that you have some fancy equation helping determine value when in reality all you have is time spent with poor quality data from the start.

Sorry Whysnow but i gotta call you out on your "worthless rankings" quote.
Your game ratings are very polarized... dont you think you should be a little more objective? That would help the ratings be a little more acurate...

#155 6 years ago

I will go with Johnny Mnemonic. The speed of a dialed in JM is unmatched. If this would have been based off "The Matrix" it probably would be in the top 10.

#156 6 years ago

I do wish that within rankings you could assign more then 10 points to a category. For me at least 50% of my ranking would be in the "Fun". That's really the bottom line.

Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I will go with Johnny Mnemonic. The speed of a dialed in JM is unmatched. If this would have been based off "The Matrix" it probably would be in the top 10.

I think a better them would jump it up 20-30 spots. A different toy and more balanced scoring could have it nearing the top-10.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Sorry Whysnow but i gotta call you out on your "worthless rankings" quote.
Your game ratings are very polarized... dont you think you should be a little more objective? That would help the ratings be a little more acurate...

Sorry sammy, i don't think you understand what rankings are. They are objectively based on opinions... i.e. They are subjective.

So sick of people too self absorbed to realize that not eveyone likes the games you like. I rated games very fairly based on what I like. I am extremely consistent and I do it for myself, no one else. I also revisit rankings over time and adjust as opinions changes.

If anyone needs to work on their rankings... it is the guys like you that only know how to use the top 40% of a 10 point scale, lol.

#158 6 years ago

My rankings also tend to not use the full spectrum simply because within most machines there are some things I like and some things I don't like. So even on F-14, a game I dislike it still get's okay scores for artwork, sound, lights, music, etc. Do you use it more as overall ranking? For example, if a machine is in your bottom 20% it's a 2.

PS: Just curious. Use them however you'd like.

#159 6 years ago

I have an overall ranking system. I use the categories and weight what I like.

Awesome games are 10s. Total crap are 1s

#160 6 years ago

WPT, RS and Indy 500 are great value pins.

#161 6 years ago

Card Whiz/Royal Flush is awesome at less than $1000. Joker Poker is a lot of fun at $1300. Also like Judge Dredd and WCS for around $2500. TS, BSD, NGG and Whirlwind in the $3500 category. Depends on how much you value $$ versus the fun factor.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JP can still be found sub 2k with relative ease. I passed on a dirty but functioning one for 1350 just this past spring.
I think it is a solid value in todays world. Still the poor mans TAF and a little more clunky but a solid title for sure.

Passed on a 1350? You crazy. Pick it up!

#163 6 years ago

NGG.

/Lock thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 45.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-value-pin-out-of-the-top-100/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.