(Topic ID: 256478)

Top Stern pro’s over the last five years?

By Vino

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Shadrac
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Top pros over the last five years?”

• TWD pro 117 votes
    14%
  • GOTG pro 54 votes
    6%
  • AS pro 23 votes
    3%
  • SW pro 45 votes
    5%
  • GB pro 56 votes
    7%
  • Kiss pro 21 votes
    2%
  • IMDN pro 143 votes
    17%
  • JP pro 151 votes
    18%
  • BKSOR pro 23 votes
    3%
  • DP pro 137 votes
    16%
  • Munsters pro 12 votes
    1%
  • GOT pro 58 votes
    7%
  • WWE pro 7 votes
    1%
  • Mustang pro 8 votes
    1%

(Multiple choice - 855 votes by 351 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

Stern pros over the last five years have offered a ton of gameplay while being priced reasonably well as HUO these days.

What pros stand out the most since 2014?

#2 4 years ago

I think hands down the JP pro is packed....

#3 4 years ago

I would say JP and IMDN Pros due to Elwin’s high bar he set with unique layouts and ruleset on all his games, Pro, Prem and LE’s. That being said it may be worth it to upgrade on those titles, but Pros play really well.

I would say MET pro set the standard before your time range. Others on the list are pretty good also.

Happy “value” Thanksgiving Vino!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Happy value Thanksgiving to you as well!

Yeah, purposely started in 2014 as MET might sway poll.
Amazing how many titles they have released.

#5 4 years ago

Yes - some very good games last couple years - especially Deadpool and Thrones Pro.
Just watch out for the defective clear coat.

It's real.
It's a major problem.
Stern is not accepting proper responsibility, or making appropriate amends to their customers.

Let the buyer beware...

#6 4 years ago

None of the above or all of the above, all the same to me.

#7 4 years ago

JP2 impresses me more than virtually any modern Stern. The lay out, sound, animation, and combos are excellent. It’s simply fun to flip. Looking at the list of games there are a lot of mediocre titles I wouldn’t consider for a personal collection. The Munsters followed up by BKSOR, yikes.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would say JP and IMDN Pros due to Elwin’s high bar he set with unique layouts and ruleset on all his games, Pro, Prem and LE’s. That being said it may be worth it to upgrade on those titles, but Pros play really well.
I would say MET pro set the standard before your time range. Others on the list are pretty good also.

Amen

#9 4 years ago

can't think of any.

#12 4 years ago

Jurassic Park and Maiden both great layouts with great coding. Deadpool and Walking Dead are also two great pro games with good layouts and coding.

#13 4 years ago

Elwin for the win X 2

#14 4 years ago

KISS doesn’t get enough love. You guys are jerks!

#15 4 years ago

JP is the most packed but would not call it the best of them.
In terms of fun I would go for DP, TWD and IMDN

#16 4 years ago

IMDN and JP pro are real close on this one so far!

#17 4 years ago

Deadpool pro hands down (in my opinion, that is).

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Just watch out for the defective clear coat.
It's real.
It's a major problem.
Stern is not accepting proper responsibility, or making appropriate amends to their customers.
Let the buyer beware...

Really!? I had not heard, thanks for the PSA.
Maybe we can discuss the OPs actual question now....

#19 4 years ago

IM and JP.
As pinnyheadhead said, they set the new level for "the best we have recently seen and now expect" that MET had previously.

I also included DP and GB because those are the two that I really like to see others play. Just the sound and presentation is so well done, and so others (or myself) don't have to play well for the game to be enjoyable.
This is a problem I have with some of the other games: I can only play them myself, watching others play is boring. E.g. Munsters is too easy and repetitive and it needs a Jack Danger to make a SW or GOTG stream or video that I will watch.

The last of my choices: Aerosmith. This is the only game where new players "can do the cool thing".

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I picked 4:
JP
IMDN
DP
TWD

Same I have a blast on each of these games

#21 4 years ago

I chose the 7 games I really like down the list, it was the im, dp, twd, jp,...plus gotg, got, sw. surprised to see less love for the latter 3, and surprised twd is battling the newer color display games.

#22 4 years ago

SW
TWD
DP
Maiden
JP

#23 4 years ago

Miss AC/DC Pro Vault Edition with its upgrades to the old Pro. Does a Vault Edition not count?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Miss AC/DC Pro Vault Edition with its upgrades to the old Pro. Does a Vault Edition not count?

Kept AC/DC and Iron Man pro off as they were already proven winners by fact they are vaults.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Kept AC/DC and Iron Man pro off as they were already proven winners by fact they are vaults.

IM was never a pro... came out before the 3 tier model system.

#26 4 years ago

1.kiss
2 TWD
3 GOTG
4 JP

#27 4 years ago

Im a fan of JP, but the best pro? Are people not taking into account that it is missing the main attraction. Where Gotg and AS for example still have the main toy in the game on there. Each to their own of course but I really don't see how JP is a popular choice given the point of the thread is to basically determine which games hold up best against their non stripped counterparts, not which is just the best game. maybe ive missed the point though.... can the op clarify?

If its the best game then sure JP should be up there, or is it the best pro version of a full game?

#28 4 years ago

JP imo still early I’m not 100% on that.

I love SW but the pro has the most missing of anything on the list going to the premium.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im a fan of JP, but the best pro? Are people not taking into account that it is missing the main attraction.

Personally I voted for JP as best pro because the missing main attraction takes away virtually nothing from gameplay. I feel like you still get a full featured game that's just missing some bells and whistles. Most other premiums alter the gameplay in substantially larger ways.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Personally I voted for JP as best pro because the missing main attraction takes away virtually nothing from gameplay. I feel like you still get a full featured game that's just missing some bells and whistles. Most other premiums alter the gameplay in substantially larger ways.

Yeah good point... interesting then to put this thread hypothetically side by side with a best premium in the last five years thread. Does this mean a premium version of JP is a waste of coin or the main toy is crap and not worth worrying about having? In any case I see a good pro as a game that keeps the best parts of their bigger brothers without sacrificing gameplay... all subjective of course

#31 4 years ago

Can we all at least agree that Batman66 has the worst pro model?
Talk about a stripped out pro...no ramps, no pop bumpers, no flippers, no playfield and no cabinet.

#32 4 years ago

Thanks for playing folks!
Have a great (and safe) holiday weekend!

#33 4 years ago

JP beats out IMDN barely. Both have great layouts with solid pros and good premium features. I like JP theme a little better and has more interestings shots. Can't wait to see what Keith has in store next.

#34 4 years ago

All the JP Pro owners here saying it is the best packed Pro is a joke, not? No raptor gate and no moving dino, come on guys. IMDN and GB are the same thing. Very good Pro's, but too much difference with the Prem's. So I would say: TWD, Kiss & GOTG. Just my 2 cents.

#35 4 years ago

Deadpool and Aerosmith for me. I’ve owned both and recently sold Aerosmith to make room for a new game. I could only vote one so I picked DP.

#36 4 years ago

The leaders in the pole are the best games. DP, JP, TWD, and IMDN (except theme) are significantly better than the rest. GOT is ok . The rest are not very good especially Munsters ,WWE, AS, and SW.

#37 4 years ago

I thought GOTG or Kiss might have done better given later code updates. GOTG pro often shows up in competitions and can play a bit tougher than it looks.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Jurassic Park and Maiden both great layouts with great coding. Deadpool and Walking Dead are also two great pro games with good layouts and coding.

True, the top four were easy choices. #5 was difficult.

1 month later
#39 4 years ago

Deadpool and TWD for me. Before, Met and Iron Man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-two-stern-pros-in-last-five-years?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.