Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Flippermatt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20151004_114318.jpg
P1000595.jpg
t2.JPG

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Oh, Ive also heard White Water is hard too.

#52 4 years ago

It seems that Diner was built from the coffee cup out.Not fun.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

SWT - terrible cabinet and hinged, no pull out rails.
Everything else has been easy after that.

I am learning this as well worst design ever.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from bax:

Hurricane is tough. Big ramps and the whole thing has to be torn down to replace the ferris wheel belt.

????

The ferris wheel assembly comes out of the bottom. No need to tear anything down to get to the belt.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

It seems that Diner was built from the coffee cup out.Not fun.

I need to replace the skirts on my pop bumpers. I have been avoiding this job (for years)

#56 4 years ago

STTNG
Safecracker due to there isn't a lot of room underneath the playfield

#57 4 years ago

JD for me, hands down. Above and below the PF was a major hassle. The ramps, plastics and pursuit lamp brackets have to be fixed in a bizarre order so that you don't trap yourself and have to work backward.

Mind you it was my second ever game so my inexperience probably exacerbated it, and I didn't have any magnetic nut drivers at the time.

#58 4 years ago

Whitewater! I'm in the middle of it now. Ramps ramps ramps.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

????
The ferris wheel assembly comes out of the bottom. No need to tear anything down to get to the belt.

It was at this moment, bax knew he messed up.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

It was at this moment, bax knew he messed up.

You can also save yourself some trouble by cleaning it with Windex then putting on some belt conditioner. Works wonders.

#61 4 years ago

The hardest game to shop is clearly whatever game you are currently working on

#62 4 years ago

My list from the five I have just finished (and had help finishing) from easiest to most difficult: IJ, TZ, TOM, JD, and TAF. The TAF was hard because there is no playfield slide out mechanism. The playfield is either up or down. It was also the machine with the most issues for me. Every time I took something off I would find a new "discovery". The MPU board was declared by many as "the worst I have ever seen". It just never ended with this machine.

P1000595.jpg

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

The MPU board was declared by many as "the worst I have ever seen". It just never ended with this machine.

OMG the boardhacks have started nesting! Soon they will release thousands of little jumperwire babies that will feed on your remaining board traces.

#64 4 years ago

Scared Stiff looked easy at first however it took longer than I thought to put back together. BSD didn't really seem that difficult however now that I think of it there were a lot of weird assemblies and gates throughout. I'm currently doing a TZ and I'm thinking this has been one of the smoothest shops I've done. I've never had to do a WH20 however it looks daunting.

#65 4 years ago

You guys are doing it wrong. A shop job just requires you to wipe the playfield with a rAg and flipping the machine for 500 dollars more.

#66 4 years ago

I've never done one but first time I saw Airborne I thought hell no. Probably easy though. I'll bet Road Show is tough with both Red an Ted.

Demo Man
Star Trek Next Gen

#67 4 years ago

Haha, just finished a teardown of DM. I agree. I couldn't imagine STTNG.

#68 4 years ago

I thought BSD was very deceiving, seems like a straightforward enough layout on top until you start getting into it. Quite a bit on the topside and underside.

#69 4 years ago

CFTBL ... because I don't like the game, so there was no pressure at all in getting this back together. So it dragged on and on. Things finally sped up when I received an offer for it.

#70 4 years ago

I have shopped a majority of the games listed above (complete playfield teardown) and SF2 has not yet been mentioned. Always dreaded doing that title; I think I am up to 4 times now, but I always remember it to be a total suckfest. John

#71 4 years ago

Waterworld was probably the toughest so far.
I thought demo man was a chalange, but pics as I took stuff off really helped the sequence for assembly.

#72 4 years ago

X-Files would be up there on my list. WH20 and Dirty Harry would be on there as well.

#73 4 years ago

A lot of system 11's are a bitch to shop. Mainly because they put ramps on top of other ramps. SNake the switch and light wiring down and under the other ramps, plastics and through a hole that barely fits the plug. but, you cannot get it out, until you loosen the ramp that's under it, which of course, all the screws are blocked by the ramp you try to get off. SO you have to loosen one to be able to move it enough to get at the other ramp, to loosen it enough to snake the wires out.

Then you have to put that shit back together again. Which you have the space about the size of a quarter at a 45 degree angle, that you can actually try and get the plug into and under the plastic, hoping to hit the playfield hole, that you can't even see. System 11's are not made to be service friendly.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

A lot of system 11's are a bitch to shop. Mainly because they put ramps on top of other ramps. SNake the switch and light wiring down and under the other ramps, plastics and through a hole that barely fits the plug. but, you cannot get it out, until you loosen the ramp that's under it, which of course, all the screws are blocked by the ramp you try to get off. SO you have to loosen one to be able to move it enough to get at the other ramp, to loosen it enough to snake the wires out.
Then you have to put that shit back together again. Which you have the space about the size of a quarter at a 45 degree angle, that you can actually try and get the plug into and under the plastic, hoping to hit the playfield hole, that you can't even see. System 11's are not made to be service friendly.

Very accurate.

#75 4 years ago

TZ and STTNG. Tons of stuff above and below the playfield.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

YOU'RE BRINGING UP A LOT OF BAAAAD MEMORIES HERE!

#77 4 years ago

Swords of Fury was not easy, but I can imagine games like Diner must be worse.

#78 4 years ago

Double-Up, and likely every 20 hole bingo. Don't remove the payout switches - my tip to you.

IMG_20151004_114318.jpg

Edit: oops! That's a Bikini back door. Well, back door is similar on Double-Up.

#79 3 years ago

Blackwater 100. The entire playfield is molded plastics and ramps.

#80 3 years ago

Earthshaker (it's kicking my a$$ at the moment)

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yep. Swords of Fury was a real pain. That upper playfield can be a real hassle to get out for whatever reason. I must have been the first person to actually do it on my machine because it was a disaster under there.

3 months later
#82 3 years ago

for me, i think swords of fury was hard and cftbl after that but its a close one.

8 months later
#83 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

????

How ? The assembly is screwed down onto the playfield from above, not from underneath..... You definitely need to remove some ramps first.

reg
Matt

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,520 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
York, PENNSYLVANIA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside