(Topic ID: 290934)

Top three Stern games to get into my game room.

By JohnTTwo

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JohnTTwo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

What 3 games would you get and why???

A little about myself. Not a great player at all. I did play last week in my first league night at the silver ball bar! Tied for first in the worst players division. LOL

I enjoy my T2, Addams, Twilight, Willy, G&R, as one person pointed out to me "you need at least one Stern", started looking at them and playing them and I have to say I have not found one I really want. I just stated down this path of multiple machines at home, plenty of room to build a nice game room. As one of the dreaded newbies spending to much money on machines (as per guys posting up here) the jersey Jack machines really grab me and my wife both. I will be buying every CE game Jersey puts out sight unseen, unplayed

So if you could what 3 games would you recommend and in order of your recommendations as well.

Thanks John

#2 3 years ago

Ehoh
    Metallica
    Led zeppelin premium

#3 3 years ago

LOTR (Still the king of modern Sterns in my opinion)
    Metallica
    Star Trek (LE or premium)

#4 3 years ago

TWD, MET, ST - get all premiums/LE if possible - really wanted to put JP here but it is just so damn hard

honorable mention: LOTR and JP

#5 3 years ago

TWD, BM66, JP

#6 3 years ago

1. KISS LE Just all out fun and great for a crappy player like myself
    2. MET PRE Love the game, the feel everything
    3. TRON LE Best LE there is. Short ball times but a blast to play
    4. LOTR AN epic adventure that I will never see the end of with the glass on.

#7 3 years ago

Star Trek (Best Ritchie)
    Jurassic Park (Best Elwin)
    LOTR (Best slow and steady)

#8 3 years ago

1.Iron Maiden 2. Lord Of The Rings 3. DeadPool. Maiden is a blast under glass this game rules my favorite Stern title. Lord Of The Rings is an adventure to play through and timeless IP. Deadpool is a party pin perfect game for entertaining guests/ kids who may have never played pinball but also a blast for tournament level players.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not a great player at all.

Right here is a big thing. While you learn flipper skills and whatnot, many new Sterns have the ball flying. So I'd try to mix up the speeds with 1) a fast "Fan" layout, 2) a pretty fast 3-flipper game, and 3) a game with a lot of stop and go so you can think about your objectives to bring up high scores.

Therefore, I'd recommend to help make you a better player...

1) Elvira HoH
    2) Star Trek
    3) RBION

#10 3 years ago

1. Zeppelin pre
    2. Jurassic Park pre with the “mod”
    3. EHoh

#11 3 years ago

TWD
    MET
    Ghostbusters

#12 3 years ago

Iron Maiden
    TWD
    Tron

#13 3 years ago

Im about to add my 3rd modern stern and I'm very happy with my diversity...

1a Stranger Things PRO (id rather have an LE)
    1b JP LE
    3 Deadpool Premium (inbound soon)

I have to admit I could substitute DP with EHOH or SW CP and be just as happy. Maybe i'll just add those to my 3.

#14 3 years ago

So it sounds like money is not a concern (congrats!).... That being said, what pulls you to the JJP games? The presentation, the gameplay, the artwork, the rules, etc.....?

#15 3 years ago

LED Zeppelin LE
    JP Premium or LE
    Star Wars Premium or LE

#16 3 years ago

Gave you some options, none are stinkers:

MET premium or LOTR

JP premium or Maiden premium

BM66 premium or SM

IMv or DP pro

#17 3 years ago

Iron Maiden and Metallica for 1st and 2nd spots.

AC/DC, Jurassic Park or Deadpool for the 3rd spot depending on your theme preference.

#18 3 years ago

Quicksilver, Big Game, Star Gazer.

#19 3 years ago

how about : you gotta have 1 rock game, so metallica. 1 super hero game-so batman 66. the other-i'd probably say if you can find a pro or premium game of thrones go with that. if not, get jurassic par.

#20 3 years ago

I've got 8 sterns now, and what I like best is probably a little off from most opinions:
    1. Stranger Things LE - super popular at my house, great schtick, fast and easy to play. It's my 6 year olds favorite. If you suck at pinball, it's a good one because the shot mechanics are pretty simple
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy with the proper sound code
    3. Deadpool or AIQ - I dont own either, but I'd add either one

Honorable mention - If you can find a Tron LE, that's #1 by a mile. It's incredible.

#21 3 years ago

Lord Of The Rings
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Any Steve Ritchie pin.(Examples: Spider Man, GOT - pro, Star Trek (2013), Star Wars, Black Knight SOR, LZ)

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What 3 games would you get and why???
    A little about myself. Not a great player at all. I did play last week in my first league night at the silver ball bar! Tied for first in the worst players division. LOL
    I enjoy my T2, Addams, Twilight, Willy, G&R, as one person pointed out to me "you need at least one Stern", started looking at them and playing them and I have to say I have not found one I really want. I just stated down this path of multiple machines at home, plenty of room to build a nice game room. As one of the dreaded newbies spending to much money on machines (as per guys posting up here) the jersey Jack machines really grab me and my wife both. I will be buying every CE game Jersey puts out sight unseen, unplayed
    So if you could what 3 games would you recommend and in order of your recommendations as well.
    Thanks John

If you have not found a Stern you liked, why do you want to get three of them?

#23 3 years ago

Spiderman VE or Star Trek

Metallica

Simpson's Pinball Party

#24 3 years ago

Iron Man
    Spiderman
    Metallica

#25 3 years ago

I hate when people ask what games they should buy. Only you know what you like. With that said I will base my answers by what games you said you enjoy. From the looks of your list, I will assume you won't like the fan layout. TZ. TAF, Willy, and GNR are all multi flipper games.

Maiden
    JP2
    Spiderman

#26 3 years ago

STTNG is the best ST Ritchie . i am sorry to say that. wait , no i am not.
    1!-GNRCE
    2-METprem
    3-Sttng
    4TWDPrem
    5 SM Toby Edition is my Top Five of all time for me IMHO
    Then ST Stern is after these somewhere

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Star Trek (Best Ritchie)
    Jurassic Park (Best Elwin)
    LOTR (Best slow and steady)

Kind of Wish i did not sell my STle and TWDle but at least the Pinsider i sold (both)to cherishes them as much as i did and maybe sell them back at one point

#27 3 years ago

Stargazer , Sea witch, Quicksilver .

Shane

#28 3 years ago

Deadpool

#29 3 years ago

1. Metallica Prem
    2. Deadpool Prem
    3. Iron Mainden Pro

#30 3 years ago

Metallica, Twd, batman 66.

#31 3 years ago

Maiden
    Deadpool

Third is less clear depends on what you like

#33 3 years ago

Nice thread. I would go with:

1. Avengers Premium
    2. TRON LE (the most expensive and hard to acquire so if you aren't into TRON maybe you can go with Star Wars Premium)
    3. Deadpool Premium

Honorable mentions: LOTR, IronMan VE, Star Trek LE, and EHoH Premium

#34 3 years ago

Gotta go with the following since no one is mentioning it:

1- Ghost Busters (I prefer the LE but many other prefer the Pro)
    2 - Dead Pool Premium or a LE if you can find it
    3 - Guardians of the Galaxy with the Cleland code update

#35 3 years ago

Leave at least one space for a 2021 Stern.

#36 3 years ago

I'd say:

1. Lord of the Rings.
    2. Jurassic Park, I prefer Premium or LE.
    3. Ghostbusters, I prefer Premium or LE.

#37 3 years ago

Tron LE
    Ghostbusters premium or LE
    Avengers premium

#38 3 years ago

Deadpool Premium: great for all skill levels, fun, and humor.

Game of thrones: awesome games to learn about pinball strategy and get you thinking. it has achievable wizard modes which is great for novice players.

Elvira EHOH: Awesome game for all skill levels.

Honorable mention: stranger things.

#39 3 years ago

Star Trek Premium
    Spiderman
    Elvira HOH

Just to throw out there
    If going rock theme.
    Metallica
    If you want to get better with skills much quicker at playing. At least for me this one worked.
    Iron Man

#40 3 years ago

Star Wars - unlimited scoring possibilities and modes
    Cheetah - unlimited spinners
    Led Zeppelin - unlimited fun

#41 3 years ago

I have yet to choose a pinball machine based on a single specific manufacturer. Why would you limit your collection to Stern only?

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from bepositive:

Stargazer , Sea witch, Quicksilver .
    Shane

if you are going to do classics then at least list Big Game

#44 3 years ago

Don’t forget nineball and stars

Quoted from woody76:

if you are going to do classics then at least list Big Game

#45 3 years ago

Stranger Things, it’s got actual show assets and a very eerie vibe, perfect for the IP. Also, really great toys in the Demogorgon, telekinesis lock and projector.

Jurassic Park- really exciting shooter. Hooked the moment I started playing. Wish they had actual clips and voices from the movie, but I believe the movie code is pretty great. (Haven’t played with that but watched online).

Black Knight Sword of Rage. With topper. I’m a sucker for great toys, and the knight with flail and topper knight are pretty great. Not a fan of the music soundtrack, but I enjoy the humor of the call outs. Pretty darn fun game!

#46 3 years ago

Elvira HOH
    Jurassic Park
    Deadpool

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

So it sounds like money is not a concern (congrats!).... That being said, what pulls you to the JJP games? The presentation, the gameplay, the artwork, the rules, etc.....?

The looks
    Game play
    Just seem heads and shoulders above other games in almost every category. Seem so interactive. One with the machine as a below average player.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

If you have not found a Stern you liked, why do you want to get three of them?

I want to get at least one. I have much respect for the pin nuts on here. Getting to see a top three of you guys just gives me more data. Now I hope no one takes this wrong my apologies in advance if it does. I wouldn’t put a Led Zeppelin in my house if it was 1/2 price and I had to keep it. Looks cheesy, boring play field, seems like a budget 80’s game to me IMHO. Ive played at least 30 games on one.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I hate when people ask what games they should buy. Only you know what you like. With that said I will base my answers by what games you said you enjoy. From the looks of your list, I will assume you won't like the fan layout. TZ. TAF, Willy, and GNR are all multi flipper games.
    Maiden
    JP2
    Spiderman

Thanks for your input.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-three-stern-games-to-get-into-my-game-room?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.