• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211124_162819 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello,
I have a Recel Top Speed and in one lamp holder of the 5 place socket brackets is very loose and flopping around and won't light. Since I cannot locate a replacement 5 lamp holder with the correct spacing, what fix does anyone have to tighten up the socket and get it to light.

Thanks in advance

Dave

20211124_162819 (resized).jpg20211124_162819 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

You could mount a new lamp socket to the playfield next to it and just snip the bad one off.

#3 2 years ago

Clean the base of the socket and the bracket where its mounted and solder it on.
Heres a link: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#connect

#4 2 years ago

Thank you both for the tips. I'm sure one of these will work for what I need.

Dave

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Budski:

Thank you both for the tips. I'm sure one of these will work for what I need.
Dave

If need be, I fix lamp sockets.
Look up:
lamp socket repair: non solder technique

#6 2 years ago

On any of my restores I replace these stripes with individual sockets. The strips were just a convenience during assembly. Any generally a pain when you needed to replace a bulb.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-speed-light-socket-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.