Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

How-to-identify-top-shelf-weed (resized).jpg
    remy-martin-louis-xiii-cognac__90210.1520860715.380.500 (resized).jpg
    EFE39D80-35F8-4571-B472-B8D1316075C7 (resized).jpeg
    4280E353-5EED-4AAD-836B-97F9EAC5D6A9 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    900C8E8D-7AEC-40A7-B5DF-1035A9D0E5A9 (resized).jpeg
    F459F684-058B-4AE2-A9B5-0F2BE71CE8D1 (resized).jpeg
    FA86ACFB-471C-465D-A2DA-7CF6DFBAB6FF (resized).jpeg
    794D5D6A-C647-49F7-A86D-CA773BDBAA2A (resized).jpeg
    BAB035E0-90BE-4CB3-8808-052226190C26 (resized).png
    IMG_20180728_205400003 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180728_205343461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180728_205044049 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180728_205029123 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180728_205004578 (resized).jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Ok...the new pin room is finished...will have a very small bar/ refrig/ sink area w 1 shelf...top shelf only...

Blantons in my Bourbon of preference, Patro'n for tequila......need help deciding which gin, scotch, vodka, etc. should go along ( w appropriate mixers). No wine..this is pinball.....

I don't have to be politically correct, but will have some heavy hitters down here on occasion.....what would be an ideal "top shelf only" (keeping in mind it's only 36" long)........All opinions appreciated....mark

#2 5 years ago

I'll post some pics shortly to give you an idea of the space limitations....

#3 5 years ago

See attached...note only room for 1 shelf as the bat beacon cannot be disturbed 3rd pic is where I'll build it

IMG_20180728_205004578 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205004578 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205029123 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205029123 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205044049 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205044049 (resized).jpg
    #4 5 years ago

And the rest of it

IMG_20180728_205343461 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205343461 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205400003 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_205400003 (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

No wine? Because "pinball ". I don't get it.

Anyway, I was drinking Tito's vodka on the rocks a few days straight with zero aftermath.
    'Merican made, seems like a good fit. I also enjoy Belvedere but many don't consider it top shelf. I'm not a poser, I drink what I like.

Looking forward to pics of finished bar.

#6 5 years ago

You should check out buffalo trace if you haven’t already for bourbon. It’s very tasty. Blantons wont mind a buddy

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

You should check out buffalo trace if you haven’t already for bourbon. It’s very tasty. Blantons wont mind a buddy

Love Buffalo Trace!!!! it will be sitting next to Blanton's as it's a very nice alt......

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

No wine? Because "pinball ". I don't get it.
    Anyway, I was drinking Tito's vodka on the rocks a few days straight with zero aftermath.
    'Merican made, seems like a good fit. I also enjoy Belvedere but many don't consider it top shelf. I'm not a poser, I drink what I like.
    Looking forward to pics of finished bar.

Only because Wine gets complicated...and not enough room....I enjoy it w dinner quite often, but the " pinball" reference was meant for an easy, well received crowd...

#9 5 years ago

You obviously see the Jagermeister sign...it will be living in the freezer.....

#10 5 years ago

2nd the Tito's Vodka. That stuff is top top.

#11 5 years ago

Hendricks Gin
    The Dalmore Scotch Whiskey
    Grey Goose Vodka

I would build a couple corner shelves next to the bat signal.

Nice game room!

#12 5 years ago

Top shelf has a whole different meaning out west.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Hendricks Gin
    The Dalmore Scotch Whiskey
    Grey Goose Vodka
    I would build a couple corner shelves next to the bat signal.
    Nice game room!

Thanks...I'm pretty much a bourbon, beer guy, but wanted to have " the essentials" when others came by. Confess, I have very little knowledge of the other varieties beyond standards ( Absolut, Beefeater, etc.)

#14 5 years ago

For gin it's Tanqueray......smooth!!

#15 5 years ago

First things first awesome gamesroom Mark and equally amazing collection!

As for your top shelf issue I would buy in “your”’favourites of each or whatever you can buy in bulk to cater for guests.

P.S. taking my bulk buying advice you may need a bigger shelf

#16 5 years ago

Don’t forget the CC!

BAB035E0-90BE-4CB3-8808-052226190C26 (resized).pngBAB035E0-90BE-4CB3-8808-052226190C26 (resized).png
    #17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Don’t forget the CC![quoted image]

That's a guilty pleasure of mine!

For gin I find Bombay Sapphire pleasing.

#18 5 years ago

Grey Goose all the way.

#19 5 years ago

Come on, top shelf can’t be corporate brands!

794D5D6A-C647-49F7-A86D-CA773BDBAA2A (resized).jpeg794D5D6A-C647-49F7-A86D-CA773BDBAA2A (resized).jpeg
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Come on, top shelf can’t be corporate brands![quoted image]

Man, that looks awesome.....I may have to create a second sub hobby and start trying to find/ taste some of these. The only one I just don't like personally is Tequila.....

Keep them coming....thanks pinheads!!!! I'll show pics when I get this thing built, and let the stocking begin.....

#21 5 years ago

I guess I’m bottom shelf. Just got back from Costco with two more bottles of my favorite $13.99 hooch.
    FA86ACFB-471C-465D-A2DA-7CF6DFBAB6FF (resized).jpegFA86ACFB-471C-465D-A2DA-7CF6DFBAB6FF (resized).jpeg

#22 5 years ago

Balvenie Caribbean Cask

Fantastic single malt Scotch with subtle rum flavors

F459F684-058B-4AE2-A9B5-0F2BE71CE8D1 (resized).jpegF459F684-058B-4AE2-A9B5-0F2BE71CE8D1 (resized).jpeg
    #23 5 years ago

Edited the topic slightly......we can continue to discuss favorite top shelf offerings, but would like to add the thought:

Given it's a small, mini bar arrangement, what are the "must haves?" iyo......for example - I'll, have Jager, Blantons, Buffalo trace, and Heineken, as this is what I drink the most.....but what would a nice, rounded, mini bar lineup include (given it's generally going to be guys hanging out, playing the pins, etc.) Bourbon, Scotch, Whisky, Rum, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, 2 types of beer(as an example)?

Want selection, but not too crazy, as I don't have the room, or desire to keep up w a bunch of it....

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I guess I’m bottom shelf. Just got back from Costco with two more bottles of my favorite $13.99 hooch.
    [quoted image]

I've enjoyed gallons of this stuff when on the islands.....possibly my favorite beach mixer...wicked headaches after for me, however.......

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Balvenie Caribbean Cask
    Fantastic single malt Scotch with subtle rum flavors[quoted image]

Read some good things about this, and I enjoy Scotch as a break on occasion. Hopefully will be able to find some of these in the bars in Charlotte, and as they say in pinland....try before you buy.....

(except tequila, as I literally can't stand it...have to take advise there, and just keep a good one around if someone asks)....

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Read some good things about this, and I enjoy Scotch as a break on occasion. Hopefully will be able to find some of these in the bars in Charlotte, and as they say in pinland....try before you buy.....
    (except tequila, as I literally can't stand it...have to take advise there, and just keep a good one around if someone asks)....

Balvenie is great for straight sipping. For mixing, a quality mid-price whiskey will do fine (Four Roses, Makers Mark, etc).

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Balvenie is great for straight sipping. For mixing, a quality mid-price whiskey will do fine (Four Roses, Makers Mark, etc).

Personally not a mixer for Bourbon or Scotch.....going to have to find some of that....ran out of Blanton's last night, so a good time to shift a bit...

#28 5 years ago

Balvenie is good, but The Dalmore King Alexander III is better much better imo. If you haven't tried it you should. Comes with an epic history as well.

"The legend of The Dalmore dates back to 1263, when Colin of Kintail, Chief of the clan Mackenzie, saved King Alexander III of Scotland from a charging stag. As a reward the grateful King, granted Colin of Kintail the lands of Eilean Donan, the motto ‘Luceo Non Uro’, which translates to ‘I Shine, Not Burn’ and the right to use the 12-pointed Royal Stag as the Mackenzie clan crest."

#29 5 years ago

You can’t go wrong with this great product from Jamaica mon...1 of my faves..

900C8E8D-7AEC-40A7-B5DF-1035A9D0E5A9 (resized).jpeg900C8E8D-7AEC-40A7-B5DF-1035A9D0E5A9 (resized).jpeg
    #30 5 years ago

If you have any Ladies and some non drinking guys join you, maybe some of their favorites, Amaretto, Baileys, Hard Cider.

I cant drink much, like little anymore....Doesnt mix with Pain meds, but enjoy the Crap out of this for years now.
    (always a perfect head, all night long)
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#31 5 years ago

Bombay Saphire is my vote. It seems people either love or hate Hendricks. I find if you use Hendricks in a martini or other mixed drink the botanicals can be too much. With that said I think Hendricks is better than Bombay straight.

For tequila, I like Patron Silver, as any non clear tequila gives me a headache.

#32 5 years ago

When it comes to Tequila I prefer Cazadores Resposado. My alternative to Hendricks is Tanqueray.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Don’t forget the CC![quoted image]

Canadian club is shit. There’s so many better choices. I’d suggest Alberta Premium, 40 creek, or my favorite collingwood.

https://www.collingwoodwhisky.com

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you have any Ladies and some non drinking guys join you, maybe some of their favorites, Amaretto, Baileys, Hard Cider.

Call me the dude, but I really like White Russians. (Baileys and vodka)

Smirnoff triple filtered vodka is good. It doesn’t come with the price of grey goose, but the flavour (or lack there of) makes it a great choice for vodka.

My go to summer drink in the sun is a classic mojito, so a good rum is required, although I usually just grab Bacardi.

#34 5 years ago

Interesting. I am looking for Scotch suggestions as well.

Quoted from o-din:

Top shelf has a whole different meaning out west.

So, what does it mean out west? We can’t all get Pappy at state min.

4280E353-5EED-4AAD-836B-97F9EAC5D6A9 (resized).jpeg4280E353-5EED-4AAD-836B-97F9EAC5D6A9 (resized).jpeg
    #35 5 years ago

https://www.garrisonbros.com/our-babies#small_batch

Complex, oaky. My favorite right now

EFE39D80-35F8-4571-B472-B8D1316075C7 (resized).jpegEFE39D80-35F8-4571-B472-B8D1316075C7 (resized).jpeg
    #36 5 years ago

Some killer thoughts here so far...... haven't seen gins unless I missed it...is gin and tonic still a thing? I never drank it much...

#37 5 years ago

Tanqueray and Bombay Saphire are both gins. Both good.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Canadian club is shit.

I just had to plug a Canadian Rye lol. But best Manhatten (well maybe only) ive had was mixed with CC. Just north of Aberfoyle on 6 and since then i’ve kept a bottle in stock for such requests.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Some killer thoughts here so far...... haven't seen gins unless I missed it...is gin and tonic still a thing? I never drank it much...

I mix it with canada dry or sprite, some times juice when I get my gangster lean on.

#39 5 years ago

Make your own cocktail. I like a good "shine" make it yourself. Enough to be legal. I love some homemade stuff (beer, wine, and shine). You should be able to get some Wilkesboro finest

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've enjoyed gallons of this stuff when on the islands.....possibly my favorite beach mixer...wicked headaches after for me, however.......

One of these and a B complex before you start drinking (never after drinking for the N-A-C) along with a couple glasses of water before you go to bed and anything short of a major binge, you won't have a hangover the next morning. If you binge, expect to just feel a little off. So much better than a major hangover though.

https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Sustain-Supports-Function/dp/B0013OVVK0/ref=sr_1_5_a_it

#41 5 years ago

You will need a bottle of Louis XIII cognac...
    Which costs more than a lot of pinball machines. $3500 for 750ml at shopwinedirect.com comes in a baccarat crystal bottle

remy-martin-louis-xiii-cognac__90210.1520860715.380.500 (resized).jpgremy-martin-louis-xiii-cognac__90210.1520860715.380.500 (resized).jpg
    #42 5 years ago

Gin and tonic is still a thing. Obviously Bombay sapphire is usually a go to for quality Gin.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Just north of Aberfoyle on 6

That’s about 20 min from my place, if you ever back in the area shoot me a line, we can play some GoT and sample some fine alcohol.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

You will need a bottle of Louis XIII cognac...
    Which costs more than a lot of pinball machines. $3500 for 750ml at shopwinedirect.com comes in a baccarat crystal bottle
    [quoted image]

Umm...no...

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gin and tonic is era much still a thing. Obviously Bombay sapphire is usually a goto for quality Gin.

Okay...Bombay sapphire and Petron cover gin and tequila.... identifying the core stash...

#46 5 years ago

Well you asked for top shelf...

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Well you asked for top shelf...

Agreed... fortunately, my bat signal keeps me from that high

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

So, what does it mean out west? We can’t all get Pappy at state min.

How-to-identify-top-shelf-weed (resized).jpgHow-to-identify-top-shelf-weed (resized).jpg
    #49 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

You have now caused me pause...that's on a hidden shelf

#50 5 years ago

One thing I learned from this thread....

I need to make a trip to Asheville.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-shelf-opinions/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.