• Latest reply 3 years ago by paulace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_20 (resized).jpg
Top Score ball in play circuit (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Hi Peruman,
I agree, I think your problem could be in the player unit. The schematic snippet I've attached is for the "Ball in Play" lights. On the player unit, it looks like positions 1, 5, 9, 13 and 17 are where the contact should be when player 2 plays each ball, and that should light the appropriate "ball in play" light. Assuming there's not a broken wire somewhere in the circuit, it looks like the path to light the ball in play has to go through the player unit, and through switches on Q, AX and P (in the lower left). But the fact that the ball in play light IS working for player 1 means that either one of those 3 switches on Q, AX or P is changing states (opening) when player 2 is up, or possibly there's a bad connection on the player unit involved with player 2.

To start attacking this, I would watch relays Q, AX and P while player 1 is up, see if they're in the same state for player 2, and if so, then look carefully at the wiring/solder connections in the player unit.

I wonder too, if the rotating disc on the player unit that has the spring-loaded snowshoe contacts could be off by 1 rivet. I don't know how likely that would be, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

I don't understand all the ins and out of the player unit circuitry myself, so if it gets more involved, maybe someone more knowledgeable can chip in. Good luck!

Top Score ball in play circuit (resized).JPGTop Score ball in play circuit (resized).JPG

#4 3 years ago

That's great....glad you got it fixed! Play a couple games for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-score-player-2-ball-count-issue?tu=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.