4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I have a 1975 Gottlieb Top Score that I am having a couple of issues with. The first issue is sometimes when the 100 reel gets to 9 and then turns over to 00 it does not advance the 1000 reel like it should. It does seem to pull on the 1000 reel coil when it does this just not enough to engage and advance. If I am scoring 100 at a time it seems to advance the 1000 reel like it should every time. It seems like the issue occurs only when scoring 500 at a time. It does this on both players so I don't think it is a reel switch problem. I have cleaned and adjusted all of the score reel switches.
The second issue is the game is set on 3 ball. When in the 2nd and 3rd ball the bonus balls only score 1000 I think the 2nd ball bonus is suppose to score 2000 and 3rd ball 3000. The bonus value multiplied light is on during the 2nd and 3rd ball but it only scores 1000.
Any ideas on these issues. Thanks

#3 4 years ago

Thanks, I have checked the reels over and over. I do not think it is a score reel issue since the exact problem occurs on both 1st and 2nd player.

#4 4 years ago

Do you have a schematic?

#5 4 years ago

Yes I do have a schematic

#6 4 years ago

Ok, I got the 1000 reel not rotating when it was suppose to figured out. It was the score motor 1A (third switch) scoring switch was way out of adjustment. The switch did not stay closed long enough so it would not feed power long enough sometimes to make the 100 and 1000 move. That is why scoring 100 worked as it should but scoring 500 gave the problem. Scoring 100 is a direct connection to the 100 relay then the 100 reel. When scoring 500 those points are scored through the score motor switch to the the 100 point relay to the 100 reel. (5 times)
Now I need to figure out why it is always scoring 1000 bonus. It should score 2000 bonus on 2nd ball and 3000 bonus on 3rd ball. It scores 1000 b9nus on all 3 balls. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this. Thanks

#7 4 years ago

Duplicate post. Sorry

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballman3:

Now I need to figure out why it is always scoring 1000 bonus. It should score 2000 bonus on 2nd ball and 3000 bonus on 3rd ball. It scores 1000 b9nus on all 3 balls. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this. Thanks

Maybe check the connections at the 3 or 5 ball selection plug.

#9 4 years ago

If the Bonus only ever scores 1000, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires,
starting with this switch on the Bonus Score relay (K)
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#10 4 years ago

HowardR, Thanks it was the K relay (bonus score relay) I had cleaned the Jones plug and everything in that circuit but the switches on that relay. I cleaned those switches and it works perfect know. Thanks again everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-score-issues?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.