Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Top Card Ball Count unit (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a Top Score in pretty decent shape. Set it up in my garage to get it going and go over any issues

initially had some problems with the ball count not advancing on drain but after cleaning the contacts of the ball advance unit in the back box it (appeared to) cleared up.

Moved the game into the game room and now it doesn't always advance when you drain again. Contacts are clean, happens maybe 30% of the time, but it will happen on almost every game. Might get to ball 3 or even 5 before it happens. In testing I could drain the ball multiple times before it will advance, could do it after one extra ball sometimes like 6 or 7 or not at all. If i manually activate the plunger on the coil i can move the position of the reel in the back to advance ball.

What area should I be looking at to see whats happening? Bonus counts up on ball drain, ball shoots back into shooter lane, but the ball number in play does not advance. I unfortunately do not have the schematics.

Thanks for any advice on where to look!

-Dave

#2 5 years ago

During game play the Ball Count unit advances when the Trough switch closes:
Top Card Ball Count unit (resized).jpgTop Card Ball Count unit (resized).jpg
That's the switch on the downhill side of the ball return track under the lower metal arch, just before the shooter lane. You can see it under the playfield. That switch might need a cleaning or adjustment. If that doesn't do it investigate the other switches in that path on Motor 1C, 2B and the A/Reset relay.

/Mark

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

[quoted image]
That's the switch on the downhill side of the ball return track under the lower metal arch, just before the shooter lane. You can see it under the playfield. That switch might need a cleaning or adjustment. If that doesn't do it investigate the other switches in that path on Motor 1C, 2B and the A/Reset relay.
/Mark

Thanks! Ill take a look after work!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

[quoted image]
/Mark

Mark, you are the man! I'll have to buy ya a beer sometime. I adjusted that switch close to the shooter lane in the trough and seems to be working 100% now! Have a few other lil issues to work thru but the game is back up!
Cheers!
Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-score-intermittently-not-advancing-to-next-ball-on-drain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.