Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Willy39
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have a Frankenstein that has started to give me an issue. When I flip the right flipper which also activates the top right third flipper. The problem is the top right flipper stays activated when releasing the right flipper button. It eventually goes down but not immediately like it should and occasionally stays up a long time. I did check the leaf switch and cleaned it. Appears to be making contact fine as it should. I am also in the process of ordering and replacing the coil for the upper right flipper hoping that will fix the problem. But is there anything else I should check or any other issue that may be causing it? Anyone else have this issue on msf or any other game with a third flipper. Thanks for the help.

#2 6 years ago

Remove the coil and check the sleeve and plunger. On my MSF one of the plungers had mushroomed at the tip which caused it to return slowly as you describe. You can either replace the plunger or file the tip at an angle so it glides smoothly in the sleeve.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

Remove the coil and check the sleeve and plunger. On my MSF one of the plungers had mushroomed at the tip which caused it to return slowly as you describe. You can either replace the plunger or file the tip at an angle so it glides smoothly in the sleeve.

Thanks for the advice. I will check that. My concern is that the coil seems to be staying active. As when the ball goes around and hits the third flipper while it is up, the flipper does not drop down. In your scenario I would assume the ball hitting the flipper would help lower it. In my case, it seems to be still powered.

#4 6 years ago

If it is still powered check the leaf switches on the lower right flipper. Make sure it is not keeping the upper flipper engaged when you release the flipper button.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

If it is still powered check the leaf switches on the lower right flipper. Make sure it is not keeping the upper flipper engaged when you release the flipper button.

I checked that and cleaned it to. All looks good with the leaf switch. That's why my other thought is replacing the coil.

#6 6 years ago

Have you tested the diode on the coil?

#7 6 years ago

No. I can check that too. Thanks.

#8 6 years ago

Fyi. Simple diode came loose. Problem fixed! Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-right-third-flipper-stays-active-on-frankenstein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.