Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by docscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4227405344_27386334e7_b.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

1. All the friendly advice you get when you need help with repairs.

2. The Game Room's tab (Drool)

3. Checking on B_R's new additions (Where does he find these pin?)

4. Price checks that exist in the real world.

#2 12 years ago

5. Browsing Pinside is more entertaining than my real job.

#3 12 years ago

6. Way better than reading an old magazine when you're on the throne

#4 12 years ago

7. I know everytime this guy is taking a crap

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

6. Way better than reading an old magazine when you're on the throne

#5 12 years ago

8. The Bang-for-the-buck list

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

It's the reason I own a Johnny Mnemonic and has become my defacto shopping list.

Later,
    EV

#6 12 years ago

I like that I have met and become friends with several pinheads. Good guys! Happy to be in the hobby.

#7 12 years ago

meeting other people who love pinball. Also playing their collections

#8 12 years ago

Because no matter how bad my addiction gets, there is always someone on here that has it worse than I do. "Honey, I know I've spent a lot of money but at least i'm not as bad as ____"

#9 12 years ago

12. Getting to know people serious about pinball who for the most do not take themselves seriously. I know I don't; I can't! Have you read some of my recent topics?!

13. The overall lightheartedness and how egos are checked at the door.

#10 12 years ago

14. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help, Pinsiders seem to go the extra mile. Thanks!

#11 12 years ago

The interface is top notch and they have thought of every detail.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

13. The overall lightheartedness and how egos are checked at the door

+1.

Quoted from coasterguy:

I like that I have met and become friends with several pinheads.

Can't wait for this to happen. My guess it will be at a show.

The interface is frikkin awesome. One of my favorite websites period.

#13 12 years ago

Y I love Pinside, How can you not love it. I bet if you do a what you don't like. it wont have much on it

#14 12 years ago

I love this site because everyone in general seems to get along and no drama

#15 12 years ago

It's the sense of community that I like best. Sure there is some occasional fighting, but overall Pinside is a place where people really want to help others who share their passion for the silver ball. Like others have already mentioned, I've also made some great friends through Pinside.

#16 12 years ago

I would have never purchased a second pin if it wasn't for the encouraging help I received repairing my first. I am no pin fix expert, but I fear trying nothing, knowing this forum has my back. I n particular, the kindness shown to new owners, even when they are asking the same questions over and over again.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I n particular, the kindness shown to new owners, even when they are asking the same questions over and over again.

+1

#18 12 years ago

The Great Pinball Machine Giveaways!

#20 12 years ago

seriously....all of the above!

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

seriously....all of the above!

totally

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

The Great Pinball Machine Giveaways!

We don't know what you're talking about

#23 12 years ago

The humor of NimblePin.

#24 12 years ago

I love the overall design of the website-easy to maneuver, no pOP ups or ads and every once in awhile a nice shot of Salma. The members are friendly, respectful and helpful. I feel that I can ask for assistance and not get a beatdown.

#25 12 years ago

I love that you can log on here and find out whats new or future pinball stuff that might slip away if not staying up on all the latest info. Like pre ordering a Zombie adventure land

#26 12 years ago

87. No one would else would take me.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I love that you can log on here and find out whats new or future pinball stuff that might slip away if not staying up on all the latest info. Like pre ordering a Zombie adventure land []

+1

And Pinside is kinda like family.

#28 12 years ago

The humor of NimblePin.

Thanks buddy,
    I do what I can...

All are good points so far...
    I think we are probably the most well rounded forum in existence right now.
    We ebb and flow like the mighty ocean. Some days the surf is UP(!) and everyone is getting stoked, while some days are overcast, choppy and blown out. Either way we are content to just be there, sitting on a board. B.S.-ing about anything and everything in between.

I love you guys! Group hug!!!

4227405344_27386334e7_b.jpg4227405344_27386334e7_b.jpg

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

. Checking on B_R's new additions (Where does he find these pins?)

Having had the pleasure of meeting him and spending a day with him, shanetastic and technobarn, I can say that B_R know's people. He is connected, meaning he has connections with people that repair and sale pins, collect pins, and he know's alot of pinheads all over the place, especially on his home turf of NC.

B_R is always on the prowl for pins, I think it's in his blood. He always has his radar ON for pins, be that buying, selling, playing, performing shop jobs and upgrades, he is a one stop shop for anything and everything that is pin related. The only thing he hasn't started is his own business for
    doing high end restoration projects.

Who else could be getting a haircut and wind up buying a RFM before the day's over.
    B_R! That's who.

#30 12 years ago

The fact that I have and continue to make many IRL friends from this website!

On top of that they are very similar to me in many ways and inside jokes to me are often inside jokes to them > almost like some of us are cut from the same cloth and in some cases new friends can already seem like old buddies

It is pretty cool that 4 months ago I did not own a pin or know this site existed. Now I own 2 pins and have met many more new friends. If you can't buy happiness >> pins and pinside have sure done wonders for me.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

The interface is top notch and they have thought of every detail.

+1

#32 12 years ago

I sometimes feel very odd, being captivated by an antiquated hobby.... here, I find there are people just as odd as I am.... I'm not alone!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-reasons-why-i-love-pinsideadd-your-own?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.